• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
We are reaching the aerie of the lighthouse and we have to lit it, now is not the time to lose hope, let's get Isaac as a playable this time around.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh and guys are you hyped to see Isaac in HD :)
If he's playable, yes.

I don't want to downplay how nice it was to get a 3D model of him in Brawl, but I really want to see better for SSB4, and based off of the returning Brawl ATs that we have seen, that won't happen if he is still an AT. =(

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Here's a theory what if Isaac became playable and Matthew became the assist trophy I would be cool with that :D
Actually, I can see Felix or Jenna as an AT for GS, and Matthew as an alt. for Isaac. With his own voice and own name like Alph from Pikmin has been confirmed as for Captain Olimar today.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Actually, I can see Felix or Jenna as an AT for GS, and Matthew as an alt. for Isaac. With his own voice and own name like Alph from Pikmin has been confirmed as for Captain Olimar today.
Not that it is going to matter much. Just change Isaac's clothes and you get Matthew. Don't know about voice, since Matthew is a clone of his father, keep the same voice :p

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Yeah, maybe Isaac's voice is in Matthew's DNA xD. I would like to see Isaac as a playable and Felix as an AT, with a hand of the same size as Isaac's Brawl AT.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
So we're like at that Pre-Final Boss scenario, huh? Now it's time for that big bad release date.

This has been such a trip... the only way for me to put my soul back into place is if other than Isaac, we get some Final Smash with the rest of the party attacking.

I know everyone wants a summon attack, because there's honestly no better way to represent it than through a FS... BUT.
Like.. What if an RPG Battle menu pops up, and you get to choose an attack for EACH party member. XD

And for say.... 10 seconds you get to choose and execute the attacks you want your party to cast.
I think that oughta capture that jRPG element more than any other character. (Well, at least it would surpass Shulk's in my book).

_Sheik

Smash Lord
But I'll agree, now it's a real nail-biter. He could be seen as an AT and our hopes are all shot down just like that. T.T
Really now? I mean, I wouldn't mind him returning as an AT. Nobody's complaining with him being one in Brawl, so why hate Sakurai if he decides to keep Isaac at the same spot?

Don't get me wrong. I still fully support #GoldenBlade for Sm4sh, and half of it has already been fulfilled. Too bad it's the one half I least care about.

Arteen

Smash Lord
It's going to be a long week. I'm assuming Isaac's an AT until proven otherwise.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
This final week is going to be crazy for all of us. Not just us Isaac fans, but also other fans for Mewtwo, Ridley, Bandana Dee, K. Rool and others. Especially now that the "Final 5" has now been discovered that it is real. Click if you want to see:
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2fqxl7/4chan_and_smashboards_theory_on_the_final_five/

For me, Isaac will make the roster perfect for me and for many others. He will bring something that the other fighters don't have or is not present now. Here's hoping for Isaac in this final week. Stay strong and lets light the lighthouse/end this eclipse! :estatic:

JPW

Smash Ace
Is it possible Isaac could be DLC? He hasn't been revealed as an assist trophy yet. Maybe Sakurai worked out a list for DLC and decided Isaac fits that.

I guess i'm just holding on, not ready to accept. Well i'm sort of ready. I can't be too greedy almost every one i wanted has made the cut. Isaac and Ice Climbers were my last 2. Lol.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Watch Sakurai reveal young Isaac as an Assist Trophy only to have the older, more recent Isaac in the game as a playable character. Imagine how devastated we all would be when we see our all time favourite blonde-haired swordsman as an Assist Trophy once again only to cry out in joy the day after. But hey, this is just my 2:30am mind acting up.
Not going to lie, as unlikely as it is, it somewhat seems like a sakurai thing to do.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Watch Sakurai reveal young Isaac as an Assist Trophy only to have the older, more recent Isaac in the game as a playable character. Imagine how devastated we all would be when we see our all time favourite blonde-haired swordsman as an Assist Trophy once again only to cry out in joy the day after. But hey, this is just my 2:30am mind acting up.
Not going to lie, as unlikely as it is, it somewhat seems like a sakurai thing to do.
Or, Young Isaac and Isaac could both be playable. You know, like Cole and Evil Cole from PS All Stars:troll:?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Or, Young Isaac and Isaac could both be playable. You know, like Cole and Evil Cole from PS All Stars:troll:?
There were alot of things bad about PS All-Stars, that was the worst...
Actually, no, Zeus was the worst.

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
I know everyone wants a summon attack, because there's honestly no better way to represent it than through a FS... BUT.
Like.. What if an RPG Battle menu pops up, and you get to choose an attack for EACH party member. XD

And for say.... 10 seconds you get to choose and execute the attacks you want your party to cast.
I think that oughta capture that jRPG element more than any other character. (Well, at least it would surpass Shulk's in my book).
That would actually be sick! Kind of like how Snake had the launcher, you choose an attack from each part member and aim the attack at a certain part of the battle arena. Obviously each character would only get two to three options.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
That would actually be sick! Kind of like how Snake had the launcher, you choose an attack from each part member and aim the attack at a certain part of the battle arena. Obviously each character would only get two to three options.
Each character has Attack, Psyenergy, or Djinn as an option? That would be incredible

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It may seem kind of odd, but here is the music that seems to fit my mood right now:

We're at the heart of danger. Any moment and our hopes can be dashed, our brave hero converted into a tree Assist Trophy. Yet I've reached this odd calm that just keeps me going without hesitation.

Why is Golden Sun's music so danged awesome?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Why is Golden Sun's music so danged awesome?
Golden Sun's OST being this awesome has a reason. A reason named Sakuraba. Honestly, even though I love the Tales Of.. and Star Ocean Soundtrack, as well as Dark Souls, Mario Tennis and especially Eternal Sonata, Golden Sun has this specific sound to it which just blows me away everytime. I once read the sentence "Golden Sun's music really blew the dust out of your GBA speakers and took them to their limits.", which describes it perfectly. Raely have I seen a GBA game with this kind of blasting music.
Also, albeit I also stick with this mood of odd, composed calmness here and then, most of the time the hype just gets the better of me.
Actually, which I think is quite funny, my fiancée, who sadly is not into videogames as much as I am, recently often catches me whistling and humming different GS-songs which I apparently started whistling without even noticing myself.

To end this post on a musical note, here is what my heart sounds like, right about now.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
This music of the Lighthouse is incredible, one of my favorites of the games of Golden Sun!
The ending credits theme of The Lost Age is my favorite in the series, and one of my favorite pieces of music ever.

But I promised I wouldn't play it here until Isaac makes it in. "The Golden Sun Rises" is our victory theme. Nothing else works.

Instead, let's listen to Isaac suiting up and setting off on his way to Smash.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Golden Sun's OST being this awesome has a reason. A reason named Sakuraba. Honestly, even though I love the Tales Of.. and Star Ocean Soundtrack, as well as Dark Souls, Mario Tennis and especially Eternal Sonata, Golden Sun has this specific sound to it which just blows me away everytime. I once read the sentence "Golden Sun's music really blew the dust out of your GBA speakers and took them to their limits.", which describes it perfectly. Raely have I seen a GBA game with this kind of blasting music.
Also, albeit I also stick with this mood of odd, composed calmness here and then, most of the time the hype just gets the better of me.
Actually, which I think is quite funny, my fiancée, who sadly is not into videogames as much as I am, recently often catches me whistling and humming different GS-songs which I apparently started whistling without even noticing myself.

To end this post on a musical note, here is what my heart sounds like, right about now.
That has got to be my favourite music in the first game. The Venus lighthouse theme is the best! :) I remember I was just roaming around to listen to the music!

For now let's just all walk forward with determination!

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's so weird to be this close to release and still potentially not know the full roster. I wish it could have been a worldwide release so I could carry on the still having hope for Isaac hype into playing the game myself.

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
I still have hope, supporting him also from the beginning, after Ike was back, Isaac as a newcomer was all I wanted.
so pls sakurai do it!

Would be so sad, if he was just shown as an assist trophy now, after all those months waiting for him.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
*sigh* Another day that I wake up and no new info.
Hey but in our case, no news is good news! I doubt we will get more than 1 reveal before the Japanese release of the 3DS game. And that reveal will probably be someone like Mewtwo, someone to uber hype the game. Isaac will really hype us up and the significantly big fanbase he has, but now he is not so popular in Japan anymore so that becomes unlikely.

We might get more reveals afterwards if some characters are locked (time locked to be unlocked by an update or spotpass) or just not on the cartridge, to be added as a free patch later.

Last edited:

JPW

Smash Ace
i love that venus lighthouse and whilst we're on the topic of awesome GS tunes here's one that is kind of over looked:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I didn't even mean the pic of the day. I meant the game finally leaking.

If Isaac should get a trailer, this will 100% be used during his reveal.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You know, since we're on the topic of good Golden Sun music, I already mentioned the Tunnel Ruins theme, but for boss fights, I love Vs. Karst & Agatio the most because of how frantic it is.

There were alot of things bad about PS All-Stars, that was the worst...
Actually, no, Zeus was the worst.
I agree. PS All-Stars had a lot of good ideas, but made a bunch of critical blunders, like focusing only on specific characters instead of digging deep and emphasizing hybrid stages as opposed to just playing them straight. I'm also worried that, if they do a sequel (highly unlikely) and decide to have all three BioShock games represented, for one example, they'll do the same with what they did with Cole McGrath and create Good/Evil Eleanor Lamb. Not that I wouldn't mind playing as Eleanor, but you know...

But, back to the main topic, it's a good thing we didn't get anything significant because it'll help us out.

Also, I think we might see more than 5 more characters on the main cartridge. We might get as many as 7.

BTW, what do you guys think about the arguments against Isaac, since places like GameFAQs have always been hostile towards the idea of Isaac being a playable, let alone Golden Sun getting recognition? I don't want to make this negative, but I find the excuses to be pretty dumb.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You know, since we're on the topic of good Golden Sun music, I already mentioned the Tunnel Ruins theme, but for boss fights, I love Vs. Karst & Agatio the most because of how frantic it is.
Yes, but the various Dragon themes would be more iconic. Also the theme walking forward with determination which I posted earlier is also nice as that is the overworld tune after the reunion. The roaming around music just becomes awesome-er.

BTW, what do you guys think about the arguments against Isaac, since places like GameFAQs have always been hostile towards the idea of Isaac being a playable, let alone Golden Sun getting recognition? I don't want to make this negative, but I find the excuses to be pretty dumb.
Which arguments? I have seen threads on Gamefaqs which also support Isaac. But no matter the arguments, they would most probably be invalidated by us as we have considered a lot of the negativity some people might have towards him, and addressed them with respect to how they are false, and what pros Isaac brings.

Still you can mention them. We would love to destroy those arguments, venus adept style
:laugh:

(Sorry I couldn't resist posting this. I last posted it 70 pages so I think it's fine)

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Which arguments? I have seen threads on Gamefaqs which also support Isaac. But no matter the arguments, they would most probably be invalidated by us as we have considered a lot of the negativity some people might have towards him, and addressed them with respect to how they are false, and what pros Isaac brings.
Well, from what I have seen, they don't have any real, actual arguments against Isaac being playable other than the whole "Golden Sun is an inferior game to game X", "We don't want another swordsman", et cetera.
Really, this whole anti-Isaac movement started with the equally amusing and annoying Isaac/Shulk battle. Although I love Shulk's inclusion, the amount of hate from either site on Gamefaq's was both terrifying and entertaining. People over there behaved like bloody mad-dogs, stomping each others favourite game into the ground like it was some kind of contest over who has the best opinion.
Luckily, this Isaac-hate, mainly from the Shulk supporters over there - Which do not (!) include the great guys here, just to prevent misunderstandings - has waned after the latter's inclusion.

But hey, every possible character left has his haters and detractors. Looking at that whole thing from an adult perspective really puts another complexion on the matter. It takes all kinds to make a world, after all.

TheTactician

Smash Rookie
@ N3ON N3ON
Hey, I know I might be a bit late, but I really like Golden Sun. Can you add me to the supporters list?

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Luckily, this Isaac-hate, mainly from the Shulk supporters over there - Which do not (!) include the great guys here, just to prevent misunderstandings - has waned after the latter's inclusion.

But hey, every possible character left has his haters and detractors. Looking at that whole thing from an adult perspective really puts another complexion on the matter. It takes all kinds to make a world, after all.
Over here, Isaac and Shulk supporters were together for a while. We had seen a huge influx of posts when we thought of teaming up! Don't know about that now, but I am not miffed over Shulk's inclusion but a great JRPG hero like Isaac definitely deserves a spot besides Shulk. Nintendo's 2 big JRPGs, one just needs to be revived a bit.

@ N3ON N3ON
Hey, I know I might be a bit late, but I really like Golden Sun. Can you add me to the supporters list?
Welcome to the thread. Seeing you just joined but glad to have you on board.

Good to see you supporting another Robin in the game! (Isaac's Japanese name while FE:A Robin is Reflet in Japanese)

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I've definitely experienced some of the Isaac negativity myself. Like when the CSS leak showed up some of my followed on Twitter (note that they are members from a Super Smash Bros community I was part of years ago, and that's why we still follow each other) were all like "Haha, those people who were wanting Isaac were fools to think he'd get in over Shulk".

I was just thinking... How many Isaac supporters have I even ran into who said we can't have both? Yet I've seen a number of Shulk supporters (elsewhere maybe, although I don't remember) just flat out hating on Isaac and just being flat out rude about it... Saying absolutely no to Isaac even though they already have Shulk. And not like "Ridley and *DK character* deserve it more" but just "No Isaac, just because".

It's so childish, but I see this kind of childishness in the online gaming community all of the time. I suppose I'm getting used to it by now. -_-

Top Bottom