• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Sorry, pls let me stay. xD I'm just a little annoyed with the way Sakurai is handling his reveals, that is all. :-P

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Aaw, don't worry buddy, you're probably just kinda letdown like most of us have been some days.
Whatever the outcome, it won't take long to happen, so a little more hope for a few days won't hurt :^)

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I saw this on the AMA thread regarding the SSB4 Japanese demo.

The Advance Wars assist trophy is apparently no longer hidden. Hmm.
I ****ing knew it. There's NO WAY all the Assist Trophies would still be unlockable. This is AMAZING news for Isaac. And no guys, I don't agree with the notion that they "could" be unlockable in the final game. It may be a demo, but this is a demo of the final build with the starting roster. Its probably got the starting AT's, Pokeballs, characters, and stages as well.

D

Deleted member

I ****ing knew it. There's NO WAY all the Assist Trophies would still be unlockable. This is AMAZING news for Isaac. And no guys, I don't agree with the notion that they "could" be unlockable in the final game. It may be a demo, but this is a demo of the final build with the starting roster. Its probably got the starting AT's, Pokeballs, characters, and stages as well.
Oh, absolutely.

But I still have hope for Isaac.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Honestly, with all this annoying hyped up waiting for at least a glance of Golden Sun content in Smash 4, if Isaac makes it in after all, my Fiancée would hear a grown man cry. I don't think I have ever loved a series as much as Golden Sun, if this thing really is going to happen, it would make my day, my night and the following days until the European release - hell - not only that. I've been waiting for Isaac since post-Melee, I remember how happy I was when Sakurai revealed Isaac for Brawl way back when.
Here's Hoping.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I agree. They wouldn't tamper with the final build demo just to accidentally reveal a trophy believed to be hidden and not announced yet. The demo probably only has the starting roster + starting stages and ATs. This is good news for Isaac, definitely!

Honestly, with all this annoying hyped up waiting for at least a glance of Golden Sun content in Smash 4, if Isaac makes it in after all, my Fiancée would hear a grown man cry. I don't think I have ever loved a series as much as Golden Sun, if this thing really is going to happen, it would make my day, my night and the following days until the European release - hell - not only that. I've been waiting for Isaac since post-Melee, I remember how happy I was when Sakurai revealed Isaac for Brawl way back when.
Here's Hoping.
Yea here's to hope that our long hope and desire comes to fruition. My whole month would be brightened up if Isaac is revealed as playable or found to be a secret character!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
There were some unrevealed characters from the leak, so if we find out that those characters were Mewtwo, King K. Roll and Isaac, the hype levels will be unmeasurable. Isaac, you gotta be in.

Also, let's keep on supporting Isaac 'till he gets revealed.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I've been playing a lot of GS1 lately. I'm right
when you enter the... I don't know the name in english, lol, the cave where you have to look for Babi's medicine.
So addicting!

I didn't remember some songs (especially the one I'm about to quote) and, I swear when I got on the ship from Kalay to Tolbi I got COMPLETELY blown away by the soundtrack. What a masterful work, seriously. I got so pumped up. Such an adventure-ey feeling, pure brilliance.

EDIT: Whoa, the video has the same picture I've got as my avatar :D

Last edited:

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
The Tolbi ship music is actually my favourite theme from Golden Sun 1. I really hope it will make it into Smash!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
The Tolbi Bound ship theme, so good and epic.

Now you just gave me the idea of the ship as a stage and with Kraken as a stage boss and some monsters as stage hazards

Another soundtrack that I love is this one, which was one of my favorite musics in the entire series and an awesome battle theme to SSB4.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
My top four wants for Golden Sun music remixies in smash would be:

Isaac's battle theme (duh)
Saturos Theme
Venus Lighthouse
Jenna's battle theme

Really though Golden Sun has so much music potential. I hope some of the remixes go heavy with the pan flutes rather than just the rock music. (That's great too but the pan flutes could add something new to smash)

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Golden Sun definitely has music that gets you pumped up for adventure.
Golden Sun definitely has some amazing music in the gam!

Put all of it in the game Nintendo :p! Well Isaac's tune is a must since that is the guy who will be playable. Then the other tunes like Jenna's, Saturos's, Venus Lighthouse as well as the Tolbi themes could be added.

Just started listening myself and going back in nostalgia mode... even though I just finished the game a week ago.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I've been playing a lot of GS1 lately. I'm right
when you enter the... I don't know the name in english, lol, the cave where you have to look for Babi's medicine.
So addicting!

I didn't remember some songs (especially the one I'm about to quote) and, I swear when I got on the ship from Kalay to Tolbi I got COMPLETELY blown away by the soundtrack. What a masterful work, seriously. I got so pumped up. Such an adventure-ey feeling, pure brilliance.

EDIT: Whoa, the video has the same picture I've got as my avatar :D
It is a testament to how awesome and engrossing this game is that I know the name Altmiller Cave off the top of my head.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It is a testament to how awesome and engrossing this game is that I know the name Altmiller Cave off the top of my head.
I usually get confused between Atmiller and Altmiller even while playing the game :p

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Random question, but is it possible to not save Ivan's master in Golden Sun 1? I always did it as soon as I got the invisibility psynergy, but can you actually beat the game without doing it?

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Random question, but is it possible to not save Ivan's master in Golden Sun 1? I always did it as soon as I got the invisibility psynergy, but can you actually beat the game without doing it?
Absolutely possible. It's the largest sidequest Golden Sun has to offer. The first one, that is. It is completely optional.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yes that is a side quest. You can finish the game without saving him but I would recommend you not to. If you transfer your data after saving Master Hammet, you will get a free Orihalcon after Isaac's party joins up with you. Maybe you already remembered that but putting it out there again!

Plus the satisfaction, experience and whatever loot you get. Also, saving Master Hammet is necessary to get the last Mercury Djinn from Donpa. It is Tonic. Plus free stuff from Hammet himself!

Absolutely possible. It's the largest sidequest Golden Sun has to offer. The first one, that is. It is completely optional.
I sort of got :4greninja:'d but hey I mentioned tons of stuff :p Plus I think the largest sidequest of Golden Sun would be Crossbone Isle. Not Master Hammet. Master Hammet is easy and quick to rescue.

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
Plus I think the largest sidequest of Golden Sun would be Crossbone Isle. Not Master Hammet. Master Hammet is easy and quick to rescue.
Heh, I was thinking about that too, but I don't think you could call Crossbone Island an actual sidequest. I mean, you technically easily could, but it is less of a quest and more of an optional dungeon, if you get where I'm going with that.

But yeah, it's quick and easy and you should definitely do it once you can. Plus you get to see that epic cutscene where the guys push away Toadonpa without moving their feet. I don't know why, but that had me burst out in laughter every single time.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I felt really terrible when I forgot to save those people that got turned into trees by the river.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Heh, I was thinking about that too, but I don't think you could call Crossbone Island an actual sidequest. I mean, you technically easily could, but it is less of a quest and more of an optional dungeon, if you get where I'm going with that.

But yeah, it's quick and easy and you should definitely do it once you can. Plus you get to see that epic cutscene where the guys push away Toadonpa without moving their feet. I don't know why, but that had me burst out in laughter every single time.
I liked answering let him stay on top of Dodonpa and then Mia, Garet and Ivan all agreeing with me :p And then Hammet makes us push Toadonpa off >.<

It is an optional dungeon but then you can see killing Deadbeard was the sidequest.

I felt really terrible when I forgot to save those people that got turned into trees by the river.
Oh? I have an obsession to mind read every single thing possible so I haven't missed em ever. And I usually sequence break and get Mia first but then she is a higher level for 5 - 10 levels or so and Isaac and company are underleveled for Saturos.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Is Isaac officially in Project M now? I'm a bit confused. What exactly was leaked?
Isaac may be in the next Project M depending upon his inclusion in Smash 4. If AT or just not there, he will be in Project M. Otherwise if he is in Smash 4, then he won't be added.

Although this is good news, looking forward to Isaac as playable in Smash 4 :)

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Isaac may be in the next Project M depending upon his inclusion in Smash 4. If AT or just not there, he will be in Project M. Otherwise if he is in Smash 4, then he won't be added.

Although this is good news, looking forward to Isaac as playable in Smash 4 :)
HYPE HYPE HYPE
Now I really, really want Isaac to be late DLC for smash 4. Then we could get him in both!

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You can thank me for the idea.:smirk:
Actually I guess I can thank you for actually bothering to make the list, because I rejected the idea several times beforehand. :smirk:

I prefer the original rumored PM lineup, but I can't complain about any roster with Isaac on it.
I'll take Sami over P&M, but Sukapon over Sami, so all in all I'm happier with this one. :grin:

I miss the times when the secret character of Smash were actually hype. Sadly, this wasn't the case since Melee. "Omg, Ganondorf is in this game?! OMG MEWTWO~!" Nowadays it's like "Rob? He is so boring! He doesn't even have a cool moveset!" -_- Because Sakurai puts all hype characters in the starting roster. For somebody who time and time again stated that he loves to surprise gamers and hates spoilers, this is the most bass ackwards thing ever!
First of all, Bowser was the most hyped character, and he was a starter, but I see your point. The thing is, back then pre-release promotion was a lot less intensive, and the game was only revealed a few months before it was released. Now promotion is a much different beast, and while Sakurai does go above and beyond for the Smash series, it makes sense to have your big guns selling the game instead of hiding at the back to be found.

Not to mention, people were excited over Ganondorf but a lot of that hype got killed when they found out he was a clone of Falcon. Also, people probably were overall more hyped at the starters even if there were fewer of them than the hidden characters in Melee. Sure Mewtwo was popular, but the rest of them were clones or characters many didn't know (Marth, G&W).

But Isaac is most likely not in. Nor is Mewtwo or Ridley or any other heavily requested character. Imagine if Mega Man would be revealed next week. These boards would explode. Instead we know about him for almost two years and aren't really excited anymore.
The idea of Mega Man in Smash doesn't excite me anymore, but actually playing as him still does. Though I did play as him once on the demo.

HYPE HYPE HYPE
Now I really, really want Isaac to be late DLC for smash 4. Then we could get him in both!
Keep in mind while the chances of Isaac being planned for P:M are extremely high, it's not like he's been confirmed for it. Nothing is official yet.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
HYPE HYPE HYPE
What?! I think he should be more of a spotpass character for 3DS and on disk on Wii U :p That is in the main roster, just not on the cartridge to build hype. Different scenario, same result :) Plus this might get us an epic reveal trailer!

Isaac as playable for Smash 4!

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
What?! I think he should be more of a spotpass character for 3DS and on disk on Wii U :p That is in the main roster, just not on the cartridge to build hype. Different scenario, same result :) Plus this might get us an epic reveal trailer!

Isaac as playable for Smash 4!
I am pretty sure that a single character is several hundred megabytes big. No way they could distribute that via spotpass.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
It's plausible that they would distribute the updates through the eShop, not spotpass. For free. I remember them doing that in the past with Mario Kart 7.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's plausible that they would distribute the updates through the eShop, not spotpass. For free. I remember them doing that in the past with Mario Kart 7.
Or update. By spotpass, I meant the character could be locked on the cartridge. Spotpass to unlock that. Although I think I worded myself wrong. Or maybe just confused myself :p

I am pretty sure that a single character is several hundred megabytes big. No way they could distribute that via spotpass.
Not several hundred megabytes. The whole game on 3DS is barely over 2 GB.....

Last edited:

Destroyer713

Smash Rookie
So on the subject of GS Music, if there happened to be anything in SSB4, I'd honestly like to see these ones:

Felix Battle Theme
Venus Lighthouse
Saturos Battle Theme
Doom Dragon Theme

On another note, am I the only one here who honestly likes Felix better than Isaac? Don't get me wrong, I honestly wouldn't mind if Isaac's in, but The Lost Age was my first game in the series, so yeah... >.>

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So on the subject of GS Music, if there happened to be anything in SSB4, I'd honestly like to see these ones:

Felix Battle Theme
Venus Lighthouse
Saturos Battle Theme
Doom Dragon Theme

On another note, am I the only one here who honestly likes Felix better than Isaac? Don't get me wrong, I honestly wouldn't mind if Isaac's in, but The Lost Age was my first game in the series, so yeah... >.>
Nope there are people who here like Felix more. We usually have a tendency to like the first protagonist we get so yours is a totally perfect reason.

Obviously I like Isaac more (avatar: hint hint ... :p)

Isaac's battle theme is obviously a must since Isaac will be playable, so a lack of his theme would be definitely wrong.

P.S. Many people have asked the same question you have before as well.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'll take Sami over P&M, but Sukapon over Sami, so all in all I'm happier with this one. :grin:
Sami's actually the one I want the most aside from Isaac (the series definitely deserves a playable character), followed by Plusie and Minun (a.k.a. veteran Pichu) with Sukapon not exciting me at all.

bassem6

Smash Lord
How exactly is this amazing news for Isaac? It is entirely possible that a couple of the secret assist trophies from brawl were added to the starting AT lineup. Isaac has just as much of a chance of being playable now as he did prior to us knowing the advance wars AT was in the starting lineup. Sorry if I'm sounding overly pessimistic, but I'd much rather be surprised than disappointed. His chances at the moment are looking just as bleak as they were ever since the ESRB leak was confirmed.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
How exactly is this amazing news for Isaac? It is entirely possible that a couple of the secret assist trophies from brawl were added to the starting AT lineup. Isaac has just as much of a chance of being playable now as he did prior to us knowing the advance wars AT was in the starting lineup. Sorry if I'm sounding overly pessimistic, but I'd much rather be surprised than disappointed. His chances at the moment are looking just as bleak as they were ever since the ESRB leak was confirmed.
But still pessimism is not needed on this thread under the present conditions. No need to spoil everyone's mood which has lightened up.

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
There were some unrevealed characters from the leak, so if we find out that those characters were Mewtwo, King K. Roll and Isaac, the hype levels will be unmeasurable. Isaac, you gotta be in.

Also, let's keep on supporting Isaac 'till he gets revealed.
what leak? link pls.

edit- nvm, it looks like you might be talking about the PM leak.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I wanted to say its been fun, but I feel that perhaps maybe now is a time to just walk away, I enjoyed the speculation on Isaac, but I just don't know, it just seems to be a huge let down and I can't allow myself to be hurt by it anymore, I will now be walking away into that golden sun set, I won't be looking back, maybe I'll return someday, but for now, that's it, I have to leave this support group until I hopefully hear something about Isaac being playable, but right now, it looks bad.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Because there's no reason to keep Isaac "hidden". Have him either as a starter or an unlockable, sure. Either way works. But why not show him? Why hide him and keep him back? We've gotten dozens of AT posts, plenty of returning ATs. Why keep him hidden and unknowable? Locked or not, he's one of the most popular ATs, there's no reason to avoid sticking him in a PotD to help increase the hype.

Hidden content works better when it's unexpected. If you announce him early you can build him up some, mention new refinements to the model, animations, or effects. You can get people hyped for the character. If he's hidden, it's just going to be (for the majority) "ooh, yay, Isaac's back". No extra thought, no intense excitement, because we've already seen him. No one is going to sit down and analyze his AT to see if the push is any different or anything.

It's the same reason why making Ridley a stage boss just makes no sense. We've seen stage boss Ridley before. TWICE. There is nothing hype-building about that. No reason to get excited. Just "oh, Ridley again".

Leaving Isaac a hidden AT would be worse than a PotD. It would be saying that Sakurai didn't think that there was enough value to the character to highlight anything new or special about him. Fans would treat it the same way.

Top Bottom