• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Now I see where Ridley fans are coming from.

Oh well.

I'm sticking around to support Isaac, and you guys until the fate of our warrior of Vale is finally revealed.
Will he shine bright like a Nintendo All Star and sit proudly among them in the SSB4 roster? Or will he fade into further obscurity?

Regardless, guys, coming from a guy who's been supporting the very same character since 1999 (not talking about Isaac anymore), when all odds constantly work against me, and knowing that it'll never become a thing in Japan, thus will always be a cult-status franchise, I can say....
At least Golden Sun is bound to return someday. No matter what happpens. :)
Japan will never outgrow JRPGs. It's like their gaming legacy to the world. And being one of the few ones that belong to Nintendo, I don't see them putting this series down for good anytime soon.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I'd even be okay with Isaac and 4 more Dark Pits if it's what it takes to get him into the game.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Entire cast replaced by Dark Pit, with one spot for Isaac.

I'd play it.
I'm not sure if my love for Golden Sun and Isaac extends quite THAT far. I mean we're talking brazenly galactic obsession levels of love here.

I'm sorry but Dark Pit....ugh. One is bad enough. :urg:

Last edited:

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Guy's how would you feel per say if the 5 characters were Wolf, Lucas, Isaac, Ridley and Mewtwo I would have put these guys here:popo: but I fear that they have been cut for the time being so alas DLC would our best hope mind you I could be wrong.
Even though Golden Sun is my favorite RPG series ever, I also love Earthbound and I really want Lucas to return, in fact, Isaac is my most wanted newcomer and my current second most wanted newcomer is Masked Man (although it is highly unlikely). Until this E3, Masked Man was my 3rd most wanted newcomer, since Lloyd got deconfirmed by Pac-man.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm not sure if my love for Golden Sun and Isaac extends quite THAT far. I mean we're talking brazenly galactic obsession levels of love here.

I'm sorry but Dark Pit....ugh. One is bad enough. :urg:
Sorry man but I would be completely fine with it :p

T-Hell

Smash Lord
I'm starting to believe more and more that Isaac is a secret character. Come one guys! We're right there! I support him and you all!

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm starting to believe more and more that Isaac is a secret character. Come one guys! We're right there! I support him and you all!
Totally agree, just a few more days to see the challenger approaching screen and then bam, Isaac appears and challenges us to unlock him.

Kirbizard

Smash Cadet
Isaac is still my second most wanted after Ridley, as they've both been since the run-up to Brawl. I'm still rooting for both of them even in the last week run-up. There's always a chance!

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Even though Golden Sun is my favorite RPG series ever, I also love Earthbound and I really want Lucas to return, in fact, Isaac is my most wanted newcomer and my current second most wanted newcomer is Masked Man (although it is highly unlikely). Until this E3, Masked Man was my 3rd most wanted newcomer, since Lloyd got deconfirmed by Pac-man.
I think there is no real reason for Lucas to get cut and put Mother back at one rep I mean at least with:mewtwopm: we got another Pokémon being :lucario: So the place was filled, now with Lucas unless they put Masked man in.... Well we are back to having single representation again.
2 Assist trophies promoted to characters isn't too much of a stretch :D Hold on to your controllers everyone Isaac is coming and he is coming with a vengeance for being trapped in that retched Assist trophy :ness:

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Did I already post my support for Issac, or is this my first time showing it?
Anyway, I hope Issac gets promoted. Golden Sun hasn't been that big recently, but I think it deserves more attention. And why not start with a PC?
While I'm mainly rooting for Lip and Ray, I will be pretty happy if Issac gets in. Smash 4 needs some more All-Star feel to it, and Issac would do the job just fine.

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie
Did I already post my support for Issac, or is this my first time showing it?
Anyway, I hope Issac gets promoted. Golden Sun hasn't been that big recently, but I think it deserves more attention. And why not start with a PC?
While I'm mainly rooting for Lip and Ray, I will be pretty happy if Issac gets in. Smash 4 needs some more All-Star feel to it, and Issac would do the job just fine.
Plus following the whole trend of boosting franchise support from being in smash might just get us Golden Sun 4 xD

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Plus following the whole trend of boosting franchise support from being in smash might just get us Golden Sun 4 xD
Yup. That is one of the things that will happen. We all want Isaac in because Golden Sun will get recognized for the All-Star worth it has PLUS we will probably get another game. Just hope Camelot is up to it, or some other developer studio in collab with Camelot (HD Wii U version :p) for an amazing grander Golden Sun than ever.

It is a JRPG by Nintendo, a brand of games that originated in Japan and one that sells like crazy over there. Golden Sun won't be abandoned so quick, it is one of the few JRPGs that Nintendo has, that too really popular and one with a rich legacy in the GBA!

Isaac MUST be playable in Smash 4!

Last edited:

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Yup. That is one of the things that will happen. We all want Isaac in because Golden Sun will get recognized for the All-Star worth it has PLUS we will probably get another game. Just hope Camelot is up to it, or some other developer studio in collab with Camelot (HD Wii U version :p) for an amazing grander Golden Sun than ever.

It is a JRPG by Nintendo, a brand of games that originated in Japan and one that sells like crazy over there. Golden Sun won't be abandoned so quick, it is one of the few JRPGs that Nintendo has, that too really popular and one with a rich legacy in the GBA!

Isaac MUST be playable in Smash 4!
If Isaac isn't playable we Riot or something like that I already Lost Groose I will not loose Isaac.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I know it's waaaaaaaaay to early for that but: If there would be DLC Character bundles, what characters would Isaac be bundled with? Ray from Custom Robo would make sense imho.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I just hope that next time they develop a Golden Sun game, we'll have characters sized to actual scale. None of this SD trend that is especially typical on the DS/3DS.
I want Camelot to pull something off like say... FFIV DS. Minus the voice acting maybe, because the gibberish-voice is a staple for the series, and a personal favorite. :)

Staarih

Smash Master
I know it's waaaaaaaaay to early for that but: If there would be DLC Character bundles, what characters would Isaac be bundled with? Ray from Custom Robo would make sense imho.
I'm sort of see them doing DLC packs with ("cut") veterans + newcomers. At least I hope to see Ice Climbers and Snake in the game again at some point, so that's what I'd choose... but I do like the idea of a Ray + Isaac pack as promoted AT's haha.

Last edited:

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
I'm guessing that, also some ol vets that were cut(I think Roy or Ivysaur) as they would be easy to produce.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm guessing that, also some ol vets that were cut(I think Roy or Ivysaur) as they would be easy to produce.
Don't know about that. Lucina is already a Marth clone whereas the other characters would have to built from the ground up on the newer engine.

Well anyway, Isaac matters now. I don't think Nintendo will hold back characters for DLC but the roster will be supplemented later, that is for sure.

Let's just hope Isaac makes it in the main roster so we don't have to worry about DLC :)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I am actually against veterans being (paid) DLC. Why would you pay for a character that was available like everybody else in the prior game? If it's free though, I would be all for it! (I really want IC, Mewtwo and Wolf back...)

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
I'm holding on to hope for the very slim chance of current ATs getting promoted through DLC (Takamaru, Saki, Dillon). So even
if Isaac is an assist trophy again, I'm still going to hope for an assist trophy to playable DLC pack. No matter how bad the odds are.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well, apparently Zipzo still didn't see Isaac. They brought up "This isn't a final build, so we don't know whether Ridley or Isaac is in", and Zipzo didn't say anything, so we can infer from that, that Isaac as an AT wasn't seen this time either. =)

bassem6

Smash Lord
Because there's no reason to keep Isaac "hidden". Have him either as a starter or an unlockable, sure. Either way works. But why not show him? Why hide him and keep him back? We've gotten dozens of AT posts, plenty of returning ATs. Why keep him hidden and unknowable? Locked or not, he's one of the most popular ATs, there's no reason to avoid sticking him in a PotD to help increase the hype.

Hidden content works better when it's unexpected. If you announce him early you can build him up some, mention new refinements to the model, animations, or effects. You can get people hyped for the character. If he's hidden, it's just going to be (for the majority) "ooh, yay, Isaac's back". No extra thought, no intense excitement, because we've already seen him. No one is going to sit down and analyze his AT to see if the push is any different or anything.

It's the same reason why making Ridley a stage boss just makes no sense. We've seen stage boss Ridley before. TWICE. There is nothing hype-building about that. No reason to get excited. Just "oh, Ridley again".

Leaving Isaac a hidden AT would be worse than a PotD. It would be saying that Sakurai didn't think that there was enough value to the character to highlight anything new or special about him. Fans would treat it the same way.
I agree. Isaac deserves to be mentioned by Sakurai. He is easily the 2nd most deserving AT of being promoted to playable. The thing is, I don't know that Sakurai realizes this. I seriously thought Isaac would get promoted to playable in brawl but instead we got characters like ROB, Lucas, and Wolf. I was pretty disappointed with brawl's roster and I have to admit, Smash 4's roster is looking to be a lot more awesome than brawl's. We have so many new unique characters and I never expected that we would get over 50 of them.

However, I feel like Isaac is once again getting shafted. IMO he easily deserves to be in over characters like Bowser jr, dark pit, lucina, dr mario, rosalina and shulk (don't get me wrong, I'm happy that shulk is in). I realize that some of those are clones who took much less development time, but I would have even been okay with Isaac being a robin clone or something. It's like Sakurai is refusing to acknowledge Golden Sun's existence. At this point, I would not be surprised if Isaac is simply a secret AT who gets no extra acknowledgment.

The hope is that if certain characters who have no advertising value like Duck Hunt can make it in, Isaac (who Camelot can easily make a new game for) can also make it in too. There is a chance he is playable, but I'm not holding my breath.

BandanaWaddleDee

Smash Lord
NNID
bdon25
3DS FC
1633-4187-3079
Switch FC
2967-5142-5603
I know I'm a little late, but I've just come to show my support for Isaac in Smash 4

_Sheik

Smash Lord
The Japanese release is on the 13th, isn't it? We're almost there guys. Gotta be us, gotta make it together, let's support Isaac until the very end.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I'd want the Assist Trio of Golden Sun, Advance Wars and Custom Robo characters.

Flareon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Phychic
3DS FC
1075-0904-3809
Switch FC
2251-4138-1049
I know I'm a bit late but I wanted to show my support for Isaac in Smash 4. He's been my most wanted newcomer for years and I hope he's playable this time.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Isaac hasn't been spotted yet, so there is still a chance, let's make our prayers reach Sakurai, so that Isaac will be unlocked by some random japanese player.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, apparently Zipzo still didn't see Isaac. They brought up "This isn't a final build, so we don't know whether Ridley or Isaac is in", and Zipzo didn't say anything, so we can infer from that, that Isaac as an AT wasn't seen this time either. =)
What other AT's did he see other than Advance Wars?

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
What other AT's did he see other than Advance Wars?
I don't know. Not long after I felt safe that he wasn't going to say he saw Isaac, I left the feed. lol

Edit: Actually, I'm not sure he saw any. He talked like he played without items.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's getting slightly scary now T_T
It's been very scary since the CSS leak came about. Lol.

But I'll agree, now it's a real nail-biter. He could be seen as an AT and our hopes are all shot down just like that. T.T

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
Swerve! Saturos is playable! Blue haired swordsmen aren't enough anymore. Now their skin has to be blue as well!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Swerve! Saturos is playable! Blue haired swordsmen aren't enough anymore. Now their skin has to be blue as well!
Gah I hate you.

I thought at first you said that Saturos was just spotted as an assist trophy.

And thus my descent into madness had begun.

Top Bottom