• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I've even seen in 4chan people saying Isaac supporters are like Geno's (I suppose meaning our character is never making it into the game since Geno has always been pretty unlikely), super pissed when somebody wants any of these characters in the game.
Yet there are a billion threads of people requesting and crying for Ridley every day.

I know 4chan is a... rude community (to not bring offensive terms to the table) and people simply does not care for respect, but taking the term out of there, the internet (and the world itself) is full of people who just wants to piss on your dreams for no reason as soon as they realize you have them, just for the sake of it. They're probably embittered in real life or something, I simply do not understand why is that tendence so prevalent in the human race if it's not the case.

Whatever, I don't want to offtopic this too much, but words flowed through my fingers too naturally to resist this post. Sorry if the derailment was too strong.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
No Shulk is hating on Isaac, it's pretty minimal, not much a big deal.
...says the Shulk supporter who has come into this thread multiple times telling people not to get their hopes up for Isaac. When was the last time you even said anything positive about Isaac in this thread?

I mean it's not that bad, and hasn't been that bad since Shulk pretty much became a given, but it's not like you're a good example of the very thing you're claiming.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
...says the Shulk supporter who has come into this thread multiple times telling people not to get their hopes up for Isaac. When was the last time you even said anything positive about Isaac in this thread?

I mean it's not that bad, and hasn't been that bad since Shulk pretty much became a given, but it's not like you're a good example of the very thing you're claiming.
Yeah but I never compared him to Shulk when I argued against Isaac's chances right now. :p
I suppose I'm not the example you are referring though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I've even seen in 4chan people saying Isaac supporters are like Geno's (I suppose meaning our character is never making it into the game since Geno has always been pretty unlikely), super pissed when somebody wants any of these characters in the game.
Yet there are a billion threads of people requesting and crying for Ridley every day.

I know 4chan is a... rude community (to not bring offensive terms to the table) and people simply does not care for respect, but taking the term out of there, the internet (and the world itself) is full of people who just wants to piss on your dreams for no reason as soon as they realize you have them, just for the sake of it. They're probably embittered in real life or something, I simply do not understand why is that tendence so prevalent in the human race if it's not the case.

Whatever, I don't want to offtopic this too much, but words flowed through my fingers too naturally to resist this post. Sorry if the derailment was too strong.
It sometimes more of a matter of people wanting to get ahead and make their declarations so that they can rub it in people's faces if they happen to be right about the situation. People like to gloat on the internet, it's an unfortunate reality, given if they are wrong they will mostly disappear without needing to pay any consequences for their earlier behavior.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I've definitely experienced some of the Isaac negativity myself. Like when the CSS leak showed up some of my followed on Twitter (note that they are members from a Super Smash Bros community I was part of years ago, and that's why we still follow each other) were all like "Haha, those people who were wanting Isaac were fools to think he'd get in over Shulk".

I was just thinking... How many Isaac supporters have I even ran into who said we can't have both? Yet I've seen a number of Shulk supporters (elsewhere maybe, although I don't remember) just flat out hating on Isaac and just being flat out rude about it... Saying absolutely no to Isaac even though they already have Shulk. And not like "Ridley and *DK character* deserve it more" but just "No Isaac, just because".

It's so childish, but I see this kind of childishness in the online gaming community all of the time. I suppose I'm getting used to it by now. -_-
Yea similar things happened to me on another websites. After the CSS leak I was still going on about how there might be more characters and I want Isaac to be one of them, some of the people were like just give it up already dude and one person tried to troll me by saying that Isaac was an AT in one of the demo videos at E3 or something.

I admit, Internet is full of haters or childish behaviour and so is real life to a certain extent, but hey, for all the negative we also have tons of positive!

Most of the people on this thread for example. We support Isaac but don't hate on any other character. Go us! :)

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I can't help but feel that if Brawl had the same character based focus instead SSE that we have in SSB4, Isaac would have be in the game. That's how I feel about Isaac right now. I really hope he is in the game as the last newcomer.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
It sometimes more of a matter of people wanting to get ahead and make their declarations so that they can rub it in people's faces if they happen to be right about the situation. People like to gloat on the internet, it's an unfortunate reality, given if they are wrong they will mostly disappear without needing to pay any consequences for their earlier behavior.
What can I say, some people are just petty and spiteful.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Nearing the wire. So much on edge. If we get another stand alone reveal, it won't be Isaac, so no worries there. But there's still time for a Direct before release, and that's when the danger level will really start to ramp up. So many chances for confirmation or disconfirmation if we get another Direct.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I can't help but feel that if Brawl had the same character based focus instead SSE that we have in SSB4, Isaac would have be in the game. That's how I feel about Isaac right now. I really hope he is in the game as the last newcomer.
I agree. Nintendo really dropped the ball with Brawl. The roster was unsatisfactory plus it was not as liked as Melee by the competitive crowd. Fun game, just not competitively as viable.

If we had the same focus as we had this time, we probably wouldn't be on the boards. As Isaac would have been a veteran and had probably made his return. Take Ike for example. His series has long been succeeded but he is still there. Plus Isaac would have been really unique AND a solo character so his return seeing how SSB4's roster went, would have been guaranteed.

We just have to wait and watch to see whether Sakurai went through the hopefuls of Brawl. He did go through the ATs so both would have greatly increased Isaac's chances for Smash 4!

CheckmateChuck

Smash Journeyman
So, we will get a Nintendo Treehouse "looking at the final version" of the game on Friday.
I don't think Nintendo wouldn't use the chance for a reveal or two one day before release to stack up hype. What do you think our chances are? My stomach calls Mewtwo and Ridley for hype.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So, we will get a Nintendo Treehouse "looking at the final version" of the game on Friday.
I don't think Nintendo wouldn't use the chance for a reveal or two one day before release to stack up hype. What do you think our chances are? My stomach calls Mewtwo and Ridley for hype.
Yea your stomach is probably right. Isaac probably won't be hyped now, he is probably a secret character (or hidden).

As long as Isaac is not an AT in the final version, I am not worried. And I am not worried about him being an AT either. :p

Isaac is in (playable). I am really feeling it!

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't know what you guys are talking about, even though I really wish Isaac had been included in Brawl, I still quite liked the roster, it did add both a bunch of highly requested characters and more characters than ever before. The focus just seemed to be more on expanding existing series instead of adding new ones, which is kinda the opposite of what's happening this time.

I agree that if it had been like this time last time, we probably would've received Isaac, though it's certainly not like he doesn't still have a shot this time as well. You never know.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Regardless, it's best to look up. Whether or not Isaac is in Smash 4, think of the things our group managed to accomplish:
  • We got Isaac in as an Assist Trophy in Brawl (and ultimately Golden Sun representation of some form in Smash).
  • We have 180+ PAGES (Over 7000 replies and 150k views) in support of Isaac and Golden Sun, where the majority of it was spent talking about the game we love while introducing tons of new people to one of our favourite Nintendo franchises.
  • We are very likely getting Isaac in Project M: THE biggest Smash mod that doesn't require hacking your wii to play. That is MASSIVE and incredibly gracious of the Project M team.
Those are all huge accomplishments, and Isaac's status in Smash is still unknown. There's no point in comparing our accomplishments with Isaac to other characters because it won't benefit us at all. IMO the best we can do is continue to talk about Golden Sun and bring more awareness to the franchise. Be happy for those who got their favourites in the game, not bitter. It could be us in Smash 5, you never know.

For now, I'm personally requesting you guys get in contact with Nintendo about Assist Trophy amiibos. If there are enough emails, maybe we can get a figurine for Isaac after all (even if it doesn't do much gameplay-wise, an official Golden Sun figurine would be epic). If Isaac's amiibo is on the market and sells out, then that'll be our way of telling Nintendo and Camelot that we still care about Golden Sun :)

Here's the link: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

It'll only take you a couple of minutes to request for Assist Trophy amiibos (make sure you mention Isaac too!). They will respond, albeit maybe a week or two later.

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Darn, beat me to it.

Anyhow, whether or not Isaac makes it as playable, I am at peace. I will be sad if it turns out he didn't make it, but in the end I will buy the game anyway, since there are already plenty of characters I find very interesting, in terms of playstyle. At any rate, we will know his fate soon enough--whether he is revealed during the Treehouse event or until owners of the Japanese version of the game leak everything on the web.

Hopefully this live stream won't conflict with mine class schedule.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I'm actually fine if Isaac gets AT'd again at this point. He's going to be in SSF2 and most likely in project M as well (if he isn't in ssb4), which is a lot better than just about any unconfirmed character at this point.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Regardless, it's best to look up. Whether or not Isaac is in Smash 4, think of the things our group managed to accomplish:
  • We got Isaac in as an Assist Trophy in Brawl (and ultimately Golden Sun representation of some form in Smash).
  • We have 180+ PAGES (Over 7000 replies and 150k views) in support of Isaac and Golden Sun, where the majority of it was spent talking about the game we love while introducing tons of new people to one of our favourite Nintendo franchises.
  • We are very likely getting Isaac in Project M: THE biggest Smash mod that doesn't require hacking your wii to play. That is MASSIVE and incredibly gracious of the Project M team.
Those are all huge accomplishments, and Isaac's status in Smash is still unknown. There's no point in comparing our accomplishments with Isaac to other characters because it won't benefit us at all. IMO the best we can do is continue to talk about Golden Sun and bring more awareness to the franchise. Be happy for those who got their favourites in the game, not bitter. It could be us in Smash 5, you never know.

For now, I'm personally requesting you guys get in contact with Nintendo about Assist Trophy amiibos. If there are enough emails, maybe we can get a figurine for Isaac after all (even if it doesn't do much gameplay-wise, an official Golden Sun figurine would be epic). If Isaac's amiibo is on the market and sells out, then that'll be our way of telling Nintendo and Camelot that we still care about Golden Sun :)

Here's the link: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/webform/

It'll only take you a couple of minutes to request for Assist Trophy amiibos (make sure you mention Isaac too!). They will respond, albeit maybe a week or two later.
And if we get an Isaac amiibo, he will probably become playable later on in GS4 if not Smash. An amiibo will increase his chances for a GS4!

I would have loved to fill that form but I don't why my Internet is not letting me go to Nintendo's website. Page is unavailable problem. I have the same problem with Gamefaqs and Gamespot... But other people could you fill out? I will try filling it when I use a wifi connection later on.

I'm actually fine if Isaac gets AT'd again at this point. He's going to be in SSF2 and most likely in project M as well (if he isn't in ssb4), which is a lot better than just about any unconfirmed character at this point.
Oi, it is not fine :p Isaac should be playable for Smash. And if he is an AT (never!!!), Isaac for DLC!

Arteen

Smash Lord
Judgment Day approaches.

Or, perhaps, Ragnarök.

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie
I'm not sure if it's been discussed but if we ended up getting Matthew instead of Isaac would that be considered mission accomplished too? Also if we got Isaac and he didn't get Megiddo as a final smash that would be so lame

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I guess we're sorta lucky in that we're one of the few fanbases that could actually realistically hope for their character until the very end, as Isaac escaped from blunt disconfirmation for so long.

I really, really hope Isaac makes it. But no matter what happens, it's been fun.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I'm never going to forget the few, but good moments I spent here supporting Isaac. Now it's up to Sakurai to show us the way.

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie
Honestly having Isaac in smash feels like it needs to happen it just feels right...but also I'm just worried he's an unlockable AT again :/ Golden Sun is too good of an RPG to be ignored by Nintendo. If not Isaac at least give us Matthew and maybe Arcanus/Alex as a villain xD

Pcubed007

Smash Rookie
On a side note of buying GS stuff, why are the 2 GS games only available for the Wii U store? I would totally buy it for the 3DS (since I don't have a Wii U)

SniperJoestar

Smash Rookie
Well as weird as it seems GBA games are only on the Wii U...I grew up with Megaman Battle Network so I found it very annoying that a portable series is on a home console. Idk the Wii U needs sales so I figure that's why it's only there for now.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What's more ridiculous is there still aren't N64 titles on the VC. I mean the system has been out for like almost two years at this point.

I do imagine when GBA games do start hitting the 3DS VC it won't be a super long wait until GS does as well, the question is just when will GBA games actually hit the system.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Nintendo's VC practices are very, very annoying.

Like how I had to spend a fortune on a Classic Controller Pro just so I could even get to play the N64 VC games that I got from Club Nintendo points. If they had been on the Wii U VC it would have worked out perfectly because I already have a Pro Controller. >.>

Nevertheless, I'm not even sure we will see GBA VC on the 3DS. I'm just so underwhelmed with the VC service overall that I am just pessimistic about it altogether. When will we see the first DS VC game on the Wii U... 2016? LOL

That's all off-topic, though. I apologize.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I still have my original cartridges of Golden Sun 1 and 2 (And Advance Wars 1 & 2), but I am still tempted to buy the game again.

Accursed

Smash Journeyman
The dawn of darkness has arrived. To cheer you all up, I created a moveset for my number 1 most wanted character:

http://imgur.com/P8PlVsW
http://imgur.com/OAZYGNQ
http://imgur.com/NeMddfy
http://imgur.com/4S4zufC
http://imgur.com/KK3UcDJ

Yeah, sorry for the potato-cam. It's all I got right now. :^B

Here's the moveset in greater detail:

Standard attacks:

Jab: A triple slash. 1st horizontal, then vertical, then another vertical.
Dash: Isaac's iconic jump strike.

Tilts:

Side Tilt: wide horizontal slash
Up Tilt: half arc slash
Down Tilt: low sweep

Smashes: Now this is where it get's good. Isaac's gimmick is djinn. Every smash and aerial Isaac does will use djinn. Every attack has it's own set djinn, each with their own special properties, that it can use. Some power the attacks up, but most will simply add a special property to the attack. However, the catch is that every time you use the djinn, it goes on standby/recovery for 5-10 seconds. It's similar to Robin's but you won't be gimped very much unless you use the same move over and over again.

Side Smash: Briar+Sap - Sap makes it so that Isaac recovers half the damage he dealt to the opponent.
Up Smash: Spire+Flint - Flint increases both the damage and knockback by 50% if Spire his the opponent. This is basically Isaac's go-to KO move.
Down Smash: Sand+Petra - The next move the enemy uses after being hit by Petra's attack will just flat out not work.

Aerials:

Neutral Aerial: Gaia+Granite: This is a pretty long move; Granite makes it so that Isaac is invulnerable through the entire duration of the attack.
Forward Aerial: Thorny Grave+Geode: Geode makes all the ghosts in the attack will meld together into a sphere and just stay there for like 5 seconds. It acts like Zelda's Dinn's Fire in Project M.
Back Aerial: Skull Splitter+Bane - Bane poisons the enemy by way of a flower.
Up Aerial: Grind+Echo - Echo increases the damage by 100% if it makes contact. This is a multi-hit move.
Down Aerial: Rockfall+Ground - Normally, Rockfall is a semi spike (like Kirby's Dair in Brawl), but with Ground, this move becomes a true spike. Edit: This is basically like Megaman's Dair.

Special Moves: Isaac's second, more minor gimmick, is that he can charge every single one of his specials to power them up, and perhaps turn them into a stronger version of the same attack. The way you charge Isaac's moves is less like Mario's FLUUD and Lucario's Aura Sphere, and more like Squirtle's Water Gun in Project M, in that you need to hold the button to actually charge it.

Neutral Special: Ragnarok/Odyssey - Ragnarok is a simple move that attacks in front of Isaac. The closest thing I can compare it to is Ike's Eruption. Once you charge it, however, it turns into a wide range KO Punch! Although it's much weaker, to balance things out a little.
Side Special: Move - Unlike the move Isaac used as an Assist Trophy, this version is slower and has a much shorter range and can actually damage. It also has reflecting properties, so you can compare it to Paletuba's Reflect move. It's charged version is much faster and has a longer range. It's also a fist instead.
Up Special: Retreat - Isaac transforms into a million tiny bubbles and you can (sorta) control them. Where they converge is where Isaac reappears. The charged version is easier to control and travels much farther, like an invincible version of Villager's Up Special.
Down Special: Quake - Isaac simply lifts up panels of the floor to damage opponents. The more the charge, the more they quake.

Final Smash: Judgment - For the sake of Smash, Isaac uses 4 Djinn to transform into Judgment and fly up to the central top of the screen, where he then proceeds to fire a laser downwards to annihilate his opponents. This attack is basically a thinner version of Lucario's Aura Storm, but with smart bomb style explosions at the point where the beam hits the ground.

Grab: I forgot to draw these, so just use your imagination. They all use the large, gloved hand.

Grab: Catch - The attack has a similar range to Link/Samus' grabs and can even be used as a tether.
Pummel: Grip - Isaac squeezes the opponent.
Forward Throw: Force - This isn't really a glove move, but hey. Isaac throws the opponent forward and proceeds to punch them with Force. It looks like a large fist.
Back Throw: Smack - Isaac throws the opponent backward then b-slaps them with the gloved hand.
Up Throw: Scoop/Carry - Isaac throws the opponent on the ground then uses Scoop and Carry to throw them back up into the air.
Down Throw: Crush/Pound - Isaac throws the opponent onto the ground then crushes their skeleton with Crush and Pound.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: A random Golden Sun emoticon appears beside Isaac while he poses.
Taunt 2: Djinn of various elements swirl around Isaac.
Taunt 3: Isaac uses Sabre Dance and 4 random swords/blades from the Golden Sun series appear beside Isaac.

Alright, now what do you think? Now please don't mind the possible OPness of some moves, I didn't really care about balancing and whatnot. I just wanted to get this out there. Cheers.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm pretty sure you all mean Judgement:
That is also fine :p

Last night I had a good dream regarding Isaac's entrance I guess. The Golden Sun soundtrack was revealed in Smash 4 by Nintendo without showing Isaac as an AT and Nintendo had made the dialogue that it was time for the Golden Sun to re-emerge. And we all were on the forums were elated that essentially Isaac got teased for Smash! I guess this is my 2nd dream about an Isaac reveal as last time I saw Isaac's newcomer trailer in a dream.

So guys let's keep hoping. Isaac has a good chance of being playable after all!

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I had a dream about a couple of weeks ago where I woke up and got on these forums and saw that Isaac had been confirmed as he had now had his own forum. o.O

It's a nice change from the dreams I had before that all had him being revealed as an AT, but it was sad when I woke up from this dream. lol

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
The dawn of darkness has arrived. To cheer you all up, I created a moveset for my number 1 most wanted character:

http://imgur.com/P8PlVsW
http://imgur.com/OAZYGNQ
http://imgur.com/NeMddfy
http://imgur.com/4S4zufC
http://imgur.com/KK3UcDJ

Yeah, sorry for the potato-cam. It's all I got right now. :^B

Here's the moveset in greater detail:

Standard attacks:

Jab: A triple slash. 1st horizontal, then vertical, then another vertical.
Dash: Isaac's iconic jump strike.

Tilts:

Side Tilt: wide horizontal slash
Up Tilt: half arc slash
Down Tilt: low sweep

Smashes: Now this is where it get's good. Isaac's gimmick is djinn. Every smash and aerial Isaac does will use djinn. Every attack has it's own set djinn, each with their own special properties, that it can use. Some power the attacks up, but most will simply add a special property to the attack. However, the catch is that every time you use the djinn, it goes on standby/recovery for 5-10 seconds. It's similar to Robin's but you won't be gimped very much unless you use the same move over and over again.

Side Smash: Briar+Sap - Sap makes it so that Isaac recovers half the damage he dealt to the opponent.
Up Smash: Spire+Flint - Flint increases both the damage and knockback by 50% if Spire his the opponent. This is basically Isaac's go-to KO move.
Down Smash: Sand+Petra - The next move the enemy uses after being hit by Petra's attack will just flat out not work.

Aerials:

Neutral Aerial: Gaia+Granite: This is a pretty long move; Granite makes it so that Isaac is invulnerable through the entire duration of the attack.
Forward Aerial: Thorny Grave+Geode: Geode makes all the ghosts in the attack will meld together into a sphere and just stay there for like 5 seconds. It acts like Zelda's Dinn's Fire in Project M.
Back Aerial: Skull Splitter+Bane - Bane poisons the enemy by way of a flower.
Up Aerial: Grind+Echo - Echo increases the damage by 100% if it makes contact. This is a multi-hit move.
Down Aerial: Rockfall+Ground - Normally, Rockfall is a semi spike (like Kirby's Dair in Brawl), but with Ground, this move becomes a true spike. Edit: This is basically like Megaman's Dair.

Special Moves: Isaac's second, more minor gimmick, is that he can charge every single one of his specials to power them up, and perhaps turn them into a stronger version of the same attack. The way you charge Isaac's moves is less like Mario's FLUUD and Lucario's Aura Sphere, and more like Squirtle's Water Gun in Project M, in that you need to hold the button to actually charge it.

Neutral Special: Ragnarok/Odyssey - Ragnarok is a simple move that attacks in front of Isaac. The closest thing I can compare it to is Ike's Eruption. Once you charge it, however, it turns into a wide range KO Punch! Although it's much weaker, to balance things out a little.
Side Special: Move - Unlike the move Isaac used as an Assist Trophy, this version is slower and has a much shorter range and can actually damage. It also has reflecting properties, so you can compare it to Paletuba's Reflect move. It's charged version is much faster and has a longer range. It's also a fist instead.
Up Special: Retreat - Isaac transforms into a million tiny bubbles and you can (sorta) control them. Where they converge is where Isaac reappears. The charged version is easier to control and travels much farther, like an invincible version of Villager's Up Special.
Down Special: Quake - Isaac simply lifts up panels of the floor to damage opponents. The more the charge, the more they quake.

Final Smash: Judgment - For the sake of Smash, Isaac uses 4 Djinn to transform into Judgment and fly up to the central top of the screen, where he then proceeds to fire a laser downwards to annihilate his opponents. This attack is basically a thinner version of Lucario's Aura Storm, but with smart bomb style explosions at the point where the beam hits the ground.

Grab: I forgot to draw these, so just use your imagination. They all use the large, gloved hand.

Grab: Catch - The attack has a similar range to Link/Samus' grabs and can even be used as a tether.
Pummel: Grip - Isaac squeezes the opponent.
Forward Throw: Force - This isn't really a glove move, but hey. Isaac throws the opponent forward and proceeds to punch them with Force. It looks like a large fist.
Back Throw: Smack - Isaac throws the opponent backward then b-slaps them with the gloved hand.
Up Throw: Scoop/Carry - Isaac throws the opponent on the ground then uses Scoop and Carry to throw them back up into the air.
Down Throw: Crush/Pound - Isaac throws the opponent onto the ground then crushes their skeleton with Crush and Pound.

Taunts:

Taunt 1: A random Golden Sun emoticon appears beside Isaac while he poses.
Taunt 2: Djinn of various elements swirl around Isaac.
Taunt 3: Isaac uses Sabre Dance and 4 random swords/blades from the Golden Sun series appear beside Isaac.

Alright, now what do you think? Now please don't mind the possible OPness of some moves, I didn't really care about balancing and whatnot. I just wanted to get this out there. Cheers.
Definitely a good moveset overall. I think this should be added to the OP. @ N3ON N3ON , can you please add this moveset to the OP?

ShinyRegice

Smash Lord
That is also fine :p

Last night I had a good dream regarding Isaac's entrance I guess. The Golden Sun soundtrack was revealed in Smash 4 by Nintendo without showing Isaac as an AT and Nintendo had made the dialogue that it was time for the Golden Sun to re-emerge. And we all were on the forums were elated that essentially Isaac got teased for Smash! I guess this is my 2nd dream about an Isaac reveal as last time I saw Isaac's newcomer trailer in a dream.

So guys let's keep hoping. Isaac has a good chance of being playable after all!
Actually I dreamed of the inverse - the full list of the SSB4 Assist Trophies was revealed, and Isaac was still an AT and thus deconfirmed for playable role :( I was really disappointed and I was glad to wake up. So I guess I had a preview of my disappointment if Isaac ended up to not be playable lol.

My first playthrough of the original Golden Sun is on a hiatus for now, because the final battle is really hard and because I was too lazy to retry with your advices lol, and currently I'm playing the original Mega Man game I downloaded on the eShop. And similarly to the Golden Sun bosses the Mega Man ones are not something to laugh at! I was previously somewhat indifferent to Mega Man's inclusion in SSB, but now that I played one of his games I'm really think that he's an awesome addition to the roster. But for sure I'll try to beat the game for the first time before we know the full roster!

Now after my dream of deconfirmed Isaac I really want him to be actually confirmed, him being an hidden character makes so much sense after all, and a potential deconfirmation would probably decrease my desire of starting a better Golden Sun playthrough to finish all the sidequests. Please Sakurai give him a fully playable character status instead of just a slave whose role in the battle is limited to assist Mario, Mega Man, Little Mac and others!

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord
I had a bad dream where Dr. Mario, Dark Pit and Duck Hunt Dog were revealed for SSB4.

I woke up in a cold sweat after that one, let me tell ya. Thankfully it was just a dream. :)

I don't think I've ever had an Isaac confirmed dream.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
My first playthrough of the original Golden Sun is on a hiatus for now, because the final battle is really hard and because I was too lazy to retry with your advices lol, and currently I'm playing the original Mega Man game I downloaded on the eShop. And similarly to the Golden Sun bosses the Mega Man ones are not something to laugh at! I was previously somewhat indifferent to Mega Man's inclusion in SSB, but now that I played one of his games I'm really think that he's an awesome addition to the roster. But for sure I'll try to beat the game for the first time before we know the full roster!

Now after my dream of deconfirmed Isaac I really want him to be actually confirmed, him being an hidden character makes so much sense after all, and a potential deconfirmation would probably decrease my desire of starting a better Golden Sun playthrough to finish all the sidequests. Please Sakurai give him a fully playable character status instead of just a slave whose role in the battle is limited to assist Mario, Mega Man, Little Mac and others!
Don't worry our wishes for playable Isaac will be granted.

On a side note, you can still complete the sidequests if you have not yet beaten the final boss. Just go back, collect all Djinn if you haven't, do the sidequests then come back to Venus lighthouse. Easy. You will probably gain a few levels along the way as well thus the final battle will become easier :)

P.S. Oops double post, I forgot to just edit my other post. My bad.

Last edited:
Top Bottom