• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I just hate flame wars in general. ESPECIALLY in the Character forums. What people forget most of the time is that we are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! Every single character, may he be obscure or popular or whatever! Dissing other characters does NOTHING to help your cause. And let's not forget that Isaac is probably the only popular character left that has next to NO evidence going for him at the moment still.
Yea so that's what I said, let's not flame and keep supporting our favourite newcomer for Smash Bros. 4 :)

Dissing obviously does not help but sometimes one can't help but express disappointment when a character (who does not seem deserving of a spot to that person) gets in instead of his/her wanted character. Especially after this leak fiasco and all the pictures of the day which don't confirm neither deny a character just make people tense. Like the increasing no. of clones in the leak which has got people tense and disappointed.

Isaac has NO evidence going for him but neither against him. Plus considering he was by far the most useful AT in the previous game and yet has not been shown whatsoever as returning, our hopes are up.

In the end we will just wait for Sakurai to announce Isaac as a newcomer for Smash Bros. Then any flaming, dissing and tension will disappear!

Don't be tense Isaac, your number is next :estatic:!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I just hate flame wars in general. ESPECIALLY in the Character forums. What people forget most of the time is that we are ALL IN THIS TOGETHER! Every single character, may he be obscure or popular or whatever! Dissing other characters does NOTHING to help your cause. And let's not forget that Isaac is probably the only popular character left that has next to NO evidence going for him at the moment still.
There was actually no flaming going on in any threads, this was all done in a sense of general camaraderie and fun.

No giant reptile where harmed in the making of this alliance.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
This is the problem. This, right here.

Go back and look at that list again. How many older titles are included? Now compare that to the list of newer titles.

Everything in this game is focusing on the new. Even the "old" characters, like Little Mac, Palutena, and Villager, have had popular recent releases that have been at the core of their design. Palutena may technically be an "old" character, but no one thinks of her that way. She's a character from Uprising. Villager is not the one from the N64, he's from New Leaf.

Now the music. All the composers were chosen for current titles. There are a few old classics (though some of those, including Chrono Trigger, have had recent ports to Nintendo's systems), but many of them are from the most recent, most popular new games.

Isaac has no chance based on current popularity. His chance is entirely based on the classic Smash inclusion: Past Nintendo glory. If Nintendo has forgotten their history, Isaac is doomed.
Punch Out for Wii came out in 2009. If this game is considered recent then Golden Sun Dark Dawn is also a "recent" game since it came out in 2010.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Which is technically good so that we have more supporters :)
That's great and all, but it means absolutely nothing for Isaac's chances of inclusion in the game. =( (Well, it wouldn't now even if it could have to begin with lol) So I just can't get excited about it.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That's great and all, but it means absolutely nothing for Isaac's chances of inclusion in the game. =( (Well, it wouldn't now even if it could have to begin with lol) So I just can't get excited about it.
Well, if Isaac doesn't make the initial cut, it's always good to have extra people around to rally for DLC.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
So, I go to sleep for about 9-10 hours and I have to read about 4 1/2 pages. You guys have been busy.

And I don't mind the whole "GoldenBlade SunChronicles" thing. It's actually pretty nice.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
So, I go to sleep for about 9-10 hours and I have to read about 4 1/2 pages. You guys have been busy.

And I don't mind the whole "GoldenBlade SunChronicles" thing. It's actually pretty nice.
together we fight that lizard and crocodile to death(Even though im a huge ridley supporter been wanting him in since melee)

Arteen

Smash Lord
we've been invaded by shulk supporters who also want to support isaac, that's basically it
That hot young blonde who has everybody talking teams up with the grizzled old veteran who thought he was finally out of the game?

(Thursdays at nine?)

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
To come back to topic a bit: The reveal of Isaac as the latest newcomer would actually the best thing that could happen to smashboards, because he is the only popular character here that I can think of that wasn't included in any leaks. So after that, the speculation can begin anew! :D

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
together we fight that lizard and crocodile to death(Even though im a huge ridley supporter been wanting him in since melee)
I don't really care about K.R.Rool, but I hate Ridley. I know some people love him, but I can't stand him.
The potential running gag of Ridley never getting to be playable is also too good to pass up.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
I don't really care about K.R.Rool, but I hate Ridley. I know some people love him, but I can't stand him.
The potential running gag of Ridley never getting to be playable is also too good to pass up.
I don't like him either, don't worry

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

That is nothing. I just went out for an hour to play tennis and saw 4 pages of post ready for me to read!

Yea supporting Isaac and Shulk together is fine considering that we get both 90% both of them will be teamed together since they are similar in the aspects that both of them are JRPG protagonists and the position Shulk is in a position Isaac was in Brawl. Getting both would be a dream come true for both groups!

Don't really care about Ridley OR K. Rool (although it will be sad for Ridley fans since he has such a HUGE following :p), just want to Isaac in the game and as an extension of my JRPG love, Shulk. Even though I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet. Guess I will start after I finish TWEWY solo remix. Experiencing TWEWY for the 4th time, thrice on the DS and once now :)

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
That is nothing. I just went out for an hour to play tennis and saw 4 pages of post ready for me to read!

Yea supporting Isaac and Shulk together is fine considering that we get both 90% both of them will be teamed together since they are similar in the aspects that both of them are JRPG protagonists and the position Shulk is in a position Isaac was in Brawl. Getting both would be a dream come true for both groups!

Don't really care about Ridley OR K. Rool (although it will be sad for Ridley fans since he has such a HUGE following :p), just want to Isaac in the game and as an extension of my JRPG love, Shulk. Even though I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles yet. Guess I will start after I finish TWEWY solo remix. Experiencing TWEWY for the 4th time, thrice on the DS and once now :)
Wait, all of that was in the span of an hour?

I played Xenoblade last year after borrowing a friend's copy, and it was really good. I suggest it. I really wouldn't mind seeing Shulk in along with Isaac. And it would be a dream come true for both.

I never got to play TWEWY. :c Is the solo remix basically the actual game?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Wait, all of that was in the span of an hour?

I played Xenoblade last year after borrowing a friend's copy, and it was really good. I suggest it. I really wouldn't mind seeing Shulk in along with Isaac. And it would be a dream come true for both.

I never got to play TWEWY. :c Is the solo remix basically the actual game?
Yea around 3 pages in 1 hour 30 minutes or something!

Well TWEWY is awesome. The Solo remix is basically the same game optimized for iOS and Android. Instead of controlling two characters on two screens, you control both on the same screen. The graphics are now HD, music has been upgraded and there is one extra secret teaser ending (nothing special). Rest of its the same.

Although I miss the challenge of controlling both screens or maybe I am used to TWEWY already cause I get max rank in almost all battles starting from the first battle whereas I sort of struggled in the DS version. In the original version, D-pad for top character and touch screen for bottom character. Plus they shared the same xp bar. In the solo remix, you mainly have the touch screen character with the 2nd character also from touch screen. Still fun though.

I would recommend any version, the game is awesome! One of the best games Square Enix has made in many years! Plus the storyline is awesome, soundtrack is engaging and controls are unique. Plus its very completionist inducing sort of game. There are not many games in which I control every single detail cause they fail to engage me post story. This game forces me to do everything it is that awesome. Got every single thing in the DS version, heck I even started a new game once cause I sold something I couldn't collect again, and now going to max the Android version as well!

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Yea around 3 pages in 1 hour 30 minutes or something!

Well TWEWY is awesome. The Solo remix is basically the same game optimized for iOS and Android. Instead of controlling two characters on two screens, you control both on the same screen. The graphics are now HD, music has been upgraded and there is one extra secret teaser ending (nothing special). Rest of its the same.

Although I miss the challenge of controlling both screens or maybe I am used to TWEWY already cause I get max rank in almost all battles starting from the first battle whereas I sort of struggled in the DS version.

I would recommend any version, the game is awesome! One of the best games Square Enix has made in many years! Plus the storyline is awesome, soundtrack is engaging and controls are unique.
So it is the actual game? I thought it wasn't. The name and few screenshots I saw when it first came out are kinda misleading.

Great. It's $20. I don't have that much.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
So it is the actual game? I thought it wasn't. The name and few screenshots I saw when it first came out are kinda misleading.

Great. It's $20. I don't have that much.
Well....

Get the game some other time then! It is a must-play though! Definitely :)

Too bad the game is 3rd party, other wise this would have been one more character I would have rooting for very loudly for Smash.

P.S. I added 2 more lines in my previous post to praise the game even more :) Definitely in my top 5 game! Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2, Chrono Trigger, TWEWY and the newly added Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (which is trying to usurp my other top games but Golden Sun and TWEWY are resisting)!

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Well....

Get the game some other time then! It is a must-play though! Definitely :)

Too bad the game is 3rd party, other wise this would have been one more character I would have rooting for very loudly for Smash.

P.S. I added 2 more lines in my previous post to praise the game even more :) Definitely in my top 5 game! Golden Sun, Golden Sun 2, Chrono Trigger, TWEWY and the newly added Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (which is trying to usurp my other top games but Golden Sun and TWEWY are resisting)!
Yeah, I doubt we'll see any Squeenix games represented, which is sad.

That reminds me, I actually need to sit down and decide what my favorite games are. Or maybe I should just wait until SSB4 comes out.

ferioku

Smash Ace
Love my Ridley, his my 4th and final most wanted character in smash, after Isaac, Shulk and Sceptile of course.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Love my Ridley, his my 4th and final most wanted character in smash, after Isaac, Shulk and Sceptile of course.
Never understood the fascination with wanting more pokemon as a newcomers, imho we have more than enough pokemon rep's as is (This coming from a veteran pokemon fan). If anything it would be more realistic to see a villain such as Saturos be a second candidate along behind Isaac, but that is also unlikely (Despite how BA Saturos).

ferioku

Smash Ace
Never understood the fascination with wanting more pokemon as a newcomers, imho we have more than enough pokemon rep's as is (This coming from a veteran pokemon fan). If anything it would be more realistic to see a villain such as Saturos be a second candidate along behind Isaac, but that is also unlikely (Despite how BA Saturos).
Maybe if Isaac is in Smash 4, Saturos could turn up for Smash 5?

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
Woah! I come here and see tons of posts! And when I search the reason, its an collaboration of Isaac and Shulk fans! I am all for it! Isaac and Shulk unite to bring Nintendo JRPGs to the Smash fray!

By the way, I found this on Tumblr regarding the similarities between Shulk and Isaac so check em out!

So it’s a JRPG about a blonde guy in his late teens-ish, who everybody and their mother seems to want in the next Super Smash Bros.

His best friend is this muscular, tall, red-headed guy, who at first is the only one who sets out on his journey with him.

The protagonist’s main love interest is also a member of the party at the beginning of the game, but she has to leave the party because of reasons, which is what partially also starts the game’s main plot.

The love interest’s older brother meanwhile is far more badass than the protagonist, and becomes playable later on.

All four of them are from the same village, and both the protagonist and the love interest’s older brother can wield this super awesome ancient weapon.

Later on, the party comes across this mage girl dressing in blue/purple clothes, whose family becomes kinda important to the plot.

Oh, and then there’s this old mentor guy that the protagonist, his best friend, the love interest, and the love interest’s older brother have known for years

Don't know how true it is, haven't played Xenoblade yet, but why not? What do you guys say? If yes, I am all up for Xenoblade, just like Golden Sun :p

Isaac AND Shulk, Nintendo's JRPG heroes, for Smash 4 :)
Shulk for Smash, and maybe he and Garet can be a tag team!

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
No unlockable assist trophies from Brawl (except Shadow) have been shown off... Isaac isn't in any leaks... I'm losing hope....

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yea Saturos, bad ass villain, bad ass anti-hero (from a perspective we never see) but it is unlikely we will see him, even when Isaac shows up. Unlikely even for Smash 5, heck Alex stands a much better chance for that because till then we will have an epic showdown between Alex and Isaac in Golden Sun 4 :p

Shulk for Smash, and maybe he and Garet can be a tag team!
Haha Garet would bring a fire adept to helm and he would stand a better chance than Saturos. But Jenna would be a good candidate considering she and Isaac are now in a canon relationship plus she has her own diverse moveset being a fire mage rather than a fire warrior!

No unlockable assist trophies from Brawl (except Shadow) have been shown off... Isaac isn't in any leaks... I'm losing hope....
Don't. We still have 2 weeks to go! Hold in there!

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
unless all 151 original pokemon are in the game will be crap because any pokemon not in the original 151 is not true pokemon :troll:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I feel like I'm one of the only ones who would want Garet over Saturos.
xD But that's because I adore Garet. He's a great dude AND he has an axe.

But if there were to be villain representation, I do think Saturos or Alex would fit best.
To be honest Saturos, Menardi and Alex are some of the most badass antagonists I've seen in video game history. That's just me though. also, unlike Tyrell, Garet is awesome.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
To be honest Saturos, Menardi and Alex are some of the most badass antagonists I've seen in video game history. That's just me though. also, unlike Tyrell, Garet is awesome.
Tyrell is the result of taking the stupid Garet image that many fans made and put it into the game. Garet is awesome, Tyrell not so much!

Heck, his addition would be awesome in Smash 5 (since Isaac will be introduced in Smash 4)

Liquifier!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Woah it's awesome seeing us near 150 pages. I have to catch up :)
Good luck :p When I came to the thread it was at around 100 pages+ so I just started where I came, can't go through 100 pages! The thread is speeding up as "Judgement' time is coming closer.

But Judgement is on our side, so we can hope for good stuff :p

art by zeoarts on deviantArt

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Ugh i just read the Isaac thread for Brawl and its frightening how similiar the situation is now. :(

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ugh i just read the Isaac thread for Brawl and its frightening how similiar the situation is now. :(
Not to worry. This time, um, we had more time to root for Isaac. And he is just going to be there!

Plus all the arguments I already gave, so stop depressing people!

This time, it will be different!

Edit: He wasn't announced as an AT this time around despite being the most popular and useful AT. And Sakurai would have obviously seen this and his potential. There is no way he won't be there. I think. And I believe :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom