• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Although I would have liked it if he had some other element moves from his multi-elemental classes. Or maybe they can be his custom moves! How would you want him to control? Agile, slow, something else in between?

By the way in answer to your question, there is no way the did not look at the ATs. Especially when they were adding Little Mac they would consider other ATs that might be upgraded. Plus we got a tease about upgraded trophies in the case of Waluigi, where I think Sakurai gave a comment. Little Mac is not alone. Since Isaac will also be upgraded :)

So what is the Final Smash in your moveset? Is it Judgement, Catastrophe or Meggido?

Or something purely different?
Probably Megiddo as Final Smash. This is a Djinn-free moveset, after all (which is also why they're all Squire-class line moves).

That's the thing. I create an entire moveset, with a few customizations, and I'm still stuck with fifty moves I want to try to fit in.

Do you have a source for the upgrade comment? I'd love that. Because if he did look them over, we have much, much better chances.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Probably Megiddo as Final Smash. This is a Djinn-free moveset, after all (which is also why they're all Squire-class line moves).

That's the thing. I create an entire moveset, with a few customizations, and I'm still stuck with fifty moves I want to try to fit in.

Do you have a source for the upgrade comment? I'd love that. Because if he did look them over, we have much, much better chances.
Hmm so Isaac can still kick everyone's ass in his weakest class huh? Classy! I like it! :laugh:

Well the comment is not exactly how I remembered it now but it does refer to the fact that Waluigi is returning as an assist trophy and thus is not playable. The comment is addressed to Waluigi fans who wanted him upgraded.

Here is the exact comment:

Once again, Waluigi’s Assist Trophy joins the collection!! …Which also means he’s not a playable character. Just because you try hard doesn't mean you'll make it into the battle.

Got it from here!

Atleast we can see that he did consider upgrading Assist Trophies, just that Waluigi does not make the cut, so hope for Isaac still remains strong!

P.S. He has also made similar comments for other returning trophies that "This is a trophy and is not playable" so he knows about fans' demands to upgrade some ATs into fully fledged fighters.

Considering Isaac will be the sole representative, signifies a good history of Nintendo on GBA and is one of the most wanted newcomers, I will still say his chances are good.

Although it would be weird if Sakurai trolls us with young Isaac as an AT and then adult Isaac as playable.

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
That sketch is amazing! I wouldn't call that a lame sketch at all! Always great to see some Isaac support in for of fan art. Man my art skills need some serious improving to become half as good as some art I am seeing! I want to draw Golden Sun fanart as well!

Keep up the excellent work :)

By the way, you drew your avatar as well?
Thank you, really!
Golden Sun needs more fanart anyway. >3>" I think any fanart is good fanart, I love seeing people support the things that they enjoy with their talents, whether it be art, music, writing, whatever. It's great to see fan support.

Yeah, I drew my avatar too! (I usually like to draw anime-style characters in a more pseudo-realistic style.)
Specials:
B - Move (Customization - Force, smaller hit area, much more forceful knockback)
Forward B - Grip, grabs an opponent, yanks them towards Isaac, then imparts knockback past Isaac (Customization - Catch, shorter range, but let's Isaac act almost immediately, so he can strike them before they go flying past)
Down B - Pound, meteor smash (Customization - Crush, reduced knockback, greater area of effect)
Up B - Lift

This one is all about the Hand Psynergies. It's unique because it takes a page from his appearance as an Assist Trophy. None of his Specials cause damage. However, they are among the best knockback moves in the game. Grip was inspired by the scene in Dark Dawn where the two lumberjacks use Grip to throw the gondola past them.
Hey, cool! I was thinking of a moveset earlier that consisted of very similar specials! I think it would make great use of the 'Hand' Psyergies, and it would totally be unique to him.
Besides, the first Psynergy I think of when I think of Psynergies is Move. Always Move. And his AT made great use of it.

The biggest question in my mind is: Did Sakurai look at the ATs? Or did they just get ported in without thinking?
I definitely think Sakurai had to look at the AT's to see if any were "worthy" enough for an upgradable status (in his eyes). Fan demand of course helped Little Mac out a lot, but I still think him being an AT in Brawl assisted in putting him on Sm4sh's roster.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Mmmhhh salt in the wound. Ahaha.
"Silence is deafening" is definitely the case right now, eheheh. But I'd take silence over deconfirmation any day.

I made a somewhat-lame sketch for some fun earlier.
I was going to actually draw him doing something interesting, but I didn't do it because of reasons.
(I've never really drawn him in my own current art style.)
I was sketching a realistic Fusion Dragon too, but that won't be done for a while...
Just thought I'd share it here because eyy, Isaac! Even though he looks older than usual
That is really good. Don't call it lame. The facial expression is... a bit out-of-character, perhaps, but that's it.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That is really good. Don't call it lame. The facial expression is... a bit out-of-character, perhaps, but that's it.
Yea :p Show-off Isaac!

Thank you, really!
Golden Sun needs more fanart anyway. >3>" I think any fanart is good fanart, I love seeing people support the things that they enjoy with their talents, whether it be art, music, writing, whatever. It's great to see fan support.
But it is still great! I always have trouble with facial expressions too! Almost everyone does!

Yeah, I drew my avatar too! (I usually like to draw anime-style characters in a more pseudo-realistic style.)
Yes your avatar is cool. Although he seems to have more longer hair than his avatar pic. Still awesome scene where we first see Isaac with a dialogue box!

I definitely think Sakurai had to look at the AT's to see if any were "worthy" enough for an upgradable status (in his eyes). Fan demand of course helped Little Mac out a lot, but I still think him being an AT in Brawl assisted in putting him on Sm4sh's roster.
Yup, that is our main argument as well. If Isaac did not have an AT his chances would be much lower but he does have an assist trophy, the strongest trophy to boot. There is no way Sakurai can overlook such a great character, thus Isaac is GUARANTEED as playable to me :) No news so far is good news as far as I am concerned.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I know I don't make my way around here much... but me and my buddy did a podcast recently for our channel. Isaac is one of the first characters we talk about.

(We're new at this so go easy on us T_T)

Much love to Isaac. I support him all the way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iR1ofG9V0Q
I am not one to go easy on people mwuahahahaha! :demon:

Thanks for supporting Isaac and I checked out a part of your video and you are pretty uninformed about Golden Sun, understandable since you said that you just started playing.

He can use all the other elements if you put other element djinn on him and his dual elemental (another type of Djinn, i.e. Mars, Jupiter or Mercury for a venus adept like Isaac) and tri-element (2 elements like fire and wind for the Ninja and Samurai classes).

Still he is very very different from Robin and his psynergy operates very differently from Robin's magic. I have played multiple Fire Emblems and all of the Golden Sun games multiple times so people here and I can attest to that. And he definitely deserves a spot, another AT who can be upgraded like Little Mac was.

Still thanks for supporting Isaac! Welcome to the club :)

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
And today is slow post day! I haven't seen many posts today! What happened to all the Isaac fans on this thread? This is no time simmer down, let's keep the enthusiasm going :)

Sorry if I sound annoying :p

P..S. As a new topic of conversation regarding Isaac, what would you want his dialogues to be? In his newcomer trailer and when he does moves. What about his taunts? Sorry if this has been discussed before, I wasn't in this thread from the start and if it has just ignore my question :)

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
And today is slow post day! I haven't seen many posts today! What happened to all the Isaac fans on this thread? This is no time simmer down, let's keep the enthusiasm going :)

P..S. As a new topic of conversation regarding Isaac, what would you want his dialogues to be? In his newcomer trailer and when he does moves. What about his taunts? Sorry if this has been discussed before, I wasn't in this thread from the start and if it has just ignore my question :)
I dont think that Isaac should talk.
Maybe a djinn could float around Isaac for one of his taunts similiar to links taunt with navi.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I dont think that Isaac should talk.
Maybe a djinn could float around Isaac for one of his taunts similiar to links taunt with navi.
Hmm but unlike Link, he is silent only for his main Golden Sun: TBS! We see him talking in Golden Sun: TLA as well as Golden Sun: DD. He has a personality of his own and was the palette of the player for mainly the first game. Even then, our choices were limited and his personality was defined even then.

Maybe Flint is going to do all the talking for him? He is too much of a BOSS to talk himself :p

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

I was sleeping. I can only stay up so late (5:00 AM today!) posting here. -.-

Didn't Isaac speak in Brawl? Does anyone have any clips of any dialogue he may have?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I was sleeping. I can only stay up so late (5:00 AM today!) posting here. -.-

Didn't Isaac speak in Brawl? Does anyone have any clips of any dialogue he may have?
Oh yea time zones I forgot. When I go to sleep and wake up I will probably see tons of posts as well!

I think he shouted "Move" and that's it! As an AT he didn't get too many dialogues!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think he shouted "Move" and that's it! As an AT he didn't get too many dialogues!
Yeah, Lyn was one of the only ATs to get full sentences in her dialogue, I remember that.

Now I'm just imagining Isaac in line at a grocery store or bank. "Move!" *Pushes line out of the way* Isaac moves to the front of the line!

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I honestly think one of his taunts should be the face bubble expressions that they do in the game. Like, depending on the situation of the battle, if he is winning, a happy face bubble pops up above his head, if he is loosing, a sad one, and etc. Or it could be random. I think it would be funny if they had his jump sound effects he has in the games. That would be funny.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I honestly think one of his taunts should be the face bubble expressions that they do in the game. Like, depending on the situation of the battle, if he is winning, a happy face bubble pops up above his head, if he is loosing, a sad one, and etc. Or it could be random. I think it would be funny if they had his jump sound effects he has in the games. That would be funny.
That was a given! Isaac without his jump sound effects? Travesty!

The emoticons would be funny! Although I can see them including the Dark Dawn type emoticons!

He should talk, just not too much. He is the leader and leaders lead by actions not just words! Maybe just the name of the moves obviously and his taunts being only animation.

Obviously he will say SOMETHING in a newcomer trailer!

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather him not talk as well, mostly from personal preference. Besides, if we get just Isaac, he's clearly used to represent the Golden Sun series as the "main character", or even "main protagonist." In the game where is the main protagonist he doesn't talk :p

A larger point is that while he has dialogue, he doesn't have a voice. It's all just text.

I like when it slows down sometimes, I don't have time to read ten pages of posts when I step away a day or two :p

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'd rather him not talk as well, mostly from personal preference. Besides, if we get just Isaac, he's clearly used to represent the Golden Sun series as the "main character", or even "main protagonist." In the game where is the main protagonist he doesn't talk :p

A larger point is that while he has dialogue, he doesn't have a voice. It's all just text.
Well I don't want him to talk too much either. But he needs some punchline for his newcomer reveal right?

I like when it slows down sometimes, I don't have time to read ten pages of posts when I step away a day or two :p
Hmmm, good for you but this is the final stretch, no need to lose steam now! Lose it after the grand reveal! We will charge even faster then :p With happiness!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No, each character has a voice based on the beeps that play as their text plays out. You can even determine voice pitch based on them.

That said, I now want the voice beeps to join in alongside the text boxes.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Am I the only one here that wants him to talk?
Nope I am here. I want him to display a small side of his verbiose self :p And a legendary way to announce himself would be grand!

In other news, I finally got around to making a new signature for Isaac in Smash Bros! It's not too impressive though as I am just a GIMP beginner but hope its fine :)

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Oh. I misread the conversation. Wow I'm out of it today. :facepalm:

New sig? What does it look like? And don't worry, it will be better than what my attempt would look like- I can't even figure out how to make sigs.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Oh. I misread the conversation. Wow I'm out of it today. :facepalm:

New sig? What does it look like? And don't worry, it will be better than what my attempt would look like- I can't even figure out how to make sigs.
Well I think its at the the top of the page. It is just different pics of Isaac "smash"-ed together. Well looks like you guys have woken up but I have to go sleep :p

See you later! Probably in 6 hours or so!

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Well I think its at the the top of the page. It is just different pics of Isaac "smash"-ed together. Well looks like you guys have woken up but I have to go sleep :p

See you later! Probably in 6 hours or so!
That looks really good. Don't really know where the howl came from, but I've been really slow to process things today.

Good night, even though it's the afternoon where I live.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Isaac's introductory line in a hypothetical trailer should be "I'm back" before his theme starts up with gameplay being shown.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Mind if I use your sig as well, Lasermaster? c:

Anyway, there are six runner-ups (Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, K.Rool, Shulk and Bandanna Dee) to the title of most popular requested newcomer in this sub-forum. I bet at least one of them is going to get a deconfirmation during the upcoming week, just like Ghirahim did, so that we can see the net tighten.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I think Isaac should talk, personally.

Anyway, there are six runner-ups (Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, K.Rool, Shulk and Bandanna Dee) to the title of most popular requested newcomer in this sub-forum. I bet at least one of them is going to get a deconfirmation during the upcoming week, just like Ghirahim did, so that we can see the net tighten.
Out of those, the one I see most likely to get deconfirmed is Bandana Dee.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

Yeah, we'll see at least one character get deconfirmed soon. I'm hoping Ridley so I can watch the Internet explode but I agree that it'll probably be Bandana Dee, since I can't figure out why he's a really good choice.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, we'll see at least one character get deconfirmed soon. I'm hoping Ridley so I can watch the Internet explode but I agree that it'll probably be Bandana Dee, since I can't figure out why he's a really good choice.
The internet will explode either way, doesn't make much of a difference. If Ridley is confirmed playable, the internet will explode. If he's deconfirmed, the internet will explode. Granted, it wouldn't have exploded if Sakurai just outright clarified Ridley's role to begin with rather than vaguely hinting, but never actually showing Ridley at all.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
The internet will explode either way, doesn't make much of a difference. If Ridley is confirmed playable, the internet will explode. If he's deconfirmed, the internet will explode. Granted, it wouldn't have exploded if Sakurai just outright clarified Ridley's role to begin with rather than vaguely hinting, but never actually showing Ridley at all.
The explosion will be funnier to see if he gets deconfirmed. Plus I'd be able to take sadistic glee in it :smirk:

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I hope K roil gets deconfirmed.Nothing to his fan but why him over dixie.Hell why him over bandanna dee or Krystal who way more important and revelenat than him at the moment

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
If Ridley gets deconfirmed, the Ridley for Smash 4 will be locked within an hour. :p

I'd like to see everyone in, but it's not really realistic. Bandana Dee still seems weird to me, and I wonder if it'll ever even get acknowledged by Nintendo.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I hope K roil gets deconfirmed.Nothing to his fan but why him over dixie.Hell why him over bandanna dee or Krystal who way more important and revelenat than him at the moment
...Krystal's last appearance in a Star Fox game was Star Fox Command, in 2006. K. Rool was appearing quite frequently in spinoffs between 2006-2008. K. Rool's last appearance was in 2008 (the same as Dixie Kong prior to Tropical Freeze, actually). Ignoring TF, as there's no reason to think that TF will get anything more than trophies in this game, K. Rool and Dixie are on the same level. Bandana Dee has appeared more recently, but he's not as important to the Kirby franchise as both Dixie and K. Rool are to the DK franchise.

Bandana Dee just isn't that important as a whole. The only thing Bandana Dee has is he's the go-to fourth Kirby character, but that hardly says a thing about it.

Bandana Dee is, simply put, the LEAST likely of the top requested characters on this board to be made playable, and Dixie Kong even has a better chance of being playable than him. Its possible, but not all that likely, and he's easily the most likely character to get deconfirmed first.

If Ridley gets deconfirmed, the Ridley for Smash 4 will be locked within an hour. :p

I'd like to see everyone in, but it's not really realistic. Bandana Dee still seems weird to me, and I wonder if it'll ever even get acknowledged by Nintendo.
Bandana Dee is quite likely to be an Assist Trophy, I'd say. Granted, he might just not be more than a trophy at all, Sakurai seems to like to avoid making characters who aren't the sole representative of a franchise that have a chance of being made playable later as Assist Trophies.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

It will be won't it? All the more reason for that to happen. :laugh:

Wasn't it a playable character in one of the games, though?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It will be won't it? All the more reason for that to happen. :laugh:

Wasn't it a playable character in one of the games, though?
Bandana Dee is playable in 1 or 2 games, I think. But that's only because they wanted four-player coop. Otherwise Bandana Dee is restricted to being an assist character.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Woah! I come here and see tons of posts! And when I search the reason, its an collaboration of Isaac and Shulk fans! I am all for it! Isaac and Shulk unite to bring Nintendo JRPGs to the Smash fray!

By the way, I found this on Tumblr regarding the similarities between Shulk and Isaac so check em out!

So it’s a JRPG about a blonde guy in his late teens-ish, who everybody and their mother seems to want in the next Super Smash Bros.

His best friend is this muscular, tall, red-headed guy, who at first is the only one who sets out on his journey with him.

The protagonist’s main love interest is also a member of the party at the beginning of the game, but she has to leave the party because of reasons, which is what partially also starts the game’s main plot.

The love interest’s older brother meanwhile is far more badass than the protagonist, and becomes playable later on.

All four of them are from the same village, and both the protagonist and the love interest’s older brother can wield this super awesome ancient weapon.

Later on, the party comes across this mage girl dressing in blue/purple clothes, whose family becomes kinda important to the plot.

Oh, and then there’s this old mentor guy that the protagonist, his best friend, the love interest, and the love interest’s older brother have known for years.

Don't know how true it is, haven't played Xenoblade yet, but why not? What do you guys say? If yes, I am all up for Xenoblade, just like Golden Sun :p

Isaac AND Shulk, Nintendo's JRPG heroes, for Smash 4 :)
This is golden. No. Is Golden Balde sun my son.

After all the composer of Golden sun Is Back! To compose some music super smash bros 4. Is was in bral before but now!
Is striking again. and Golden Sun music need to be Golden!!!

Top Bottom