• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
...Krystal's last appearance in a Star Fox game was Star Fox Command, in 2006. K. Rool was appearing quite frequently in spinoffs between 2006-2008. K. Rool's last appearance was in 2008 (the same as Dixie Kong prior to Tropical Freeze, actually). Ignoring TF, as there's no reason to think that TF will get anything more than trophies in this game, K. Rool and Dixie are on the same level. Bandana Dee has appeared more recently, but he's not as important to the Kirby franchise as both Dixie and K. Rool are to the DK franchise.
Then we'd better not look at Golden Sun release dates. The last game where Isaac was playable was release (in North America) in 2003. The last game he appeared in was 2010, which was a solid four years ago.

That doesn't mean I don't think Isaac has a very strong chance of being included :) :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Then we'd better not look at Golden Sun release dates. The last game where Isaac was playable was release (in North America) in 2003. The last game he appeared in was 2010, which was a solid four years ago.

That doesn't mean I don't think Isaac has a very strong chance of being included :) :p
My point is, someone was trying to use relevancy or whatever to argue against K. Rool. And even then its about appearances (not specifically being playable), and even than Isaac WAS playable in Dark Dawn... even if it was only for one dungeon.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
My point is, someone was trying to use relevancy or whatever to argue against K. Rool. And even then its about appearances (not specifically being playable), and even than Isaac WAS playable in Dark Dawn... even if it was only for one dungeon.
No, he wasn't. He was completely AI controlled.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
because we need more villains.
Regardless of which characters would be good additions, this is a solid point. The game is very protagonist heavy, mostly because there are so few villains :p I know the Ganon, Ridley, and (some of the) Mewtwo boards are hoping for a villains trailer with their characters for that very reason. I can only assume the K. Rool and other villains' guys are hoping the same thing.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I would love to see a villain trailer to show off Bowser, Wario, Wolf, Ganondorf and maybe others and they're like, "We got some new allies!" and show off Mewtwo [Strikes Back], Ridley, K. Rool, and whoever else we need. Still want it to be a two part video. If it is, Have the ending show the sun coming up from a tall mountain and everyone looks toward it and see a few shadows up top. Next video shows some veterans and Isaac and Shulk to help out and Krystal. You know, putting all the most popular characters here.
If only I could animate all of that like the people working on smash do. That would be cool! :estatic:

Putting imagination aside, wouldn't these 6 + :150: be better choices than duck hunt dog or others we saw? :b:

If Isaac has a voice, I hope it sounds good, but keep his dialogue to a minimum.

...am I going off topic again? :ohwell:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That looks really good. Don't really know where the howl came from, but I've been really slow to process things today.

Good night, even though it's the afternoon where I live.
Thanks, I made a new version with a better catch line, "Isaac Shakes it Up"

Do you think the new one is better? Cause I am thinking of changing to it.

Mind if I use your sig as well, Lasermaster? c:

Anyway, there are six runner-ups (Ridley, Krystal, Isaac, K.Rool, Shulk and Bandanna Dee) to the title of most popular requested newcomer in this sub-forum. I bet at least one of them is going to get a deconfirmation during the upcoming week, just like Ghirahim did, so that we can see the net tighten.
Haha I definitely don't mind. More people supporting Isaac, better it is :)

I would love to see a villain trailer to show off Bowser, Wario, Wolf, Ganondorf and maybe others and they're like, "We got some new allies!" and show off Mewtwo [Strikes Back], Ridley, K. Rool, and whoever else we need. Still want it to be a two part video. If it is, Have the ending show the sun coming up from a tall mountain and everyone looks toward it and see a few shadows up top. Next video shows some veterans and Isaac and Shulk to help out and Krystal. You know, putting all the most popular characters here.
If only I could animate all of that like the people working on smash do. That would be cool! :estatic:

Putting imagination aside, wouldn't these 6 + :150: be better choices than duck hunt dog or others we saw? :b:

If Isaac has a voice, I hope it sounds good, but keep his dialogue to a minimum.

...am I going off topic again? :ohwell:
Nah not off topic according to me. I think that would be the best option for the final newcomers! The heroes, Isaac + whoever else gets added, probably Shulk against the villains! Not sure about which villains though as I am not supporting any and am more of a spectator in that aspect!

It would be really cool! Plus a good way to end the announcements of newcomers!

Last edited:

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Did you see todays PotD? It would be awesome if you could unlock Isaac as a playable character when you are playing Classic Mode at a higher difficulty. It would be revealed that Isaac is the one who controlls the Master Hand and you have to fight them at the same time. If you win you will unlock Isaac.
Sadly that is only wishful thinking. :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes, of course. But I'm afraid that's simply too good to be true and that's exactly what makes the leak seem so believable.

Putting in Dark Pit but not Ridley or a third DK rep? Putting in Doctor Mario but not Mewtwo? Only Sakurai.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yes, of course. But I'm afraid that's simply too good to be true and that's exactly what makes the leak seem so believable.

Putting in Dark Pit but not Ridley or a third DK rep? Putting in Doctor Mario but not Mewtwo? Only Sakurai.
Considering Dark Pit controlled the same as Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, he shouldn't be a different character. The Mario series already has tons of reps, wouldn't want Dr. Mario. Don't have a problem with Duck Hunt Dog as long as Isaac is in the game!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Considering Dark Pit controlled the same as Pit in Kid Icarus: Uprising, he shouldn't be a different character. The Mario series already has tons of reps, wouldn't want Dr. Mario. Don't have a problem with Duck Hunt Dog as long as Isaac is in the game!
Neither Dark Pit nor Doctor Mario should have their own spots, they are perfect alternate costumes. However, what is scary about this and makes it very believable is how Sakurai spoke of Lucina's inclusion. He said if a character has any slight differentiation in how he can make them play, than he will give them their own spot. Doctor Mario already has precedence as having had his own slot in Melee (and he plays a slight bit differently, just enough to justify his own spot here - in Sakurai's mind), while Dark Pit... Well Sakurai has already teased Dark Pit, and Sakurai is already giving so much (too much) love to Kid Icarus Uprising in this game.

I wouldn't mind Duck Hunt Dog too much either... However, I no longer really see Isaac having a chance anymore.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Neither Dark Pit nor Doctor Mario should have their own spots, they are perfect alternate costumes. However, what is scary about this and makes it very believable is how Sakurai spoke of Lucina's inclusion. He said if a character has any slight differentiation in how he can make them play, than he will give them their own spot. Doctor Mario already has precedence as having had his own slot in Melee (and he plays a slight bit differently, just enough to justify his own spot here - in Sakurai's mind), while Dark Pit... Well Sakurai has already teased Dark Pit, and Sakurai is already giving so much (too much) love to Kid Icarus Uprising in this game.

I wouldn't mind Duck Hunt Dog too much either... However, I no longer really see Isaac having a chance anymore.
No need to give up hope yet! Isaac still has a chance! Characters which have lost their popularity or are of old games are probably saved for last, Isaac being on of them. Or maybe he is a secret character!

Don't worry! The (Golden) Sun has not disappeared! It is just that the night was longer than expected! This Sun will rise again :)

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Too much negativity ¬_¬. Anything can happen either way!

The thing that still surprises me to this day is Lucas>Isaac, it was obvious who the more popular rep was on the game boy advance and Lucas was only there in Japan!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

The thing that still surprises me to this day is Lucas>Isaac, it was obvious who the more popular rep was on the game boy advance and Lucas was only there in Japan!
I know right! It is like Sakurai was too lazy to put Isaac in the game cause he was too much effort! There is no way Isaac can be denied a spot due to lack of uniqueness. Heck the Fire Emblem characters don't have exclusive abilities but most of their abilities are made up. Exception of Aether obviously but that was one move.

Or maybe he had a tough time which moves to pick and just left it! Isaac definitely deserved a spot over Lucas in Brawl considering Isaac's game was also really popular plus his fans were all over the world, not just in Japan!

It is mainly due to Ness and Lucas that the Mother series has become such a hit outside Japan! People now that they know about the series, want Mother 3!

Nintendo why did you ditch Isaac in Brawl?

Back to positivity!

Isaac is playable in Smash Bros. 4! W00T! I am getting excited in advance so ..... please understand! And join me :)

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

The thing is that you're assuming that there is any such thing as a "GBA rep" spot to be filled. Even if there was, Lucas comes from a franchise already present in the SSB series, one that has quite a little following.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice

Sakurai decided what characters would be in the final roster at the very beginning. Lucina however was not planned as a character but as a costume of marth. This means that she doesnt take anyones slot away. She is just a character we are getting as a bonus.
I believe that Doctor Mario and Dark Pit also wouldnt affect the other characters if they will be confirmed. Besides i am confident that Dark Pit will be a stage boss at Palutenas Temple.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
I was thinking. Would Golden Sun being one of the first GBA titles to be on the Wii U Virtual console give Isaac any leverage?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Sakurai decided what characters would be in the final roster at the very beginning. Lucina however was not planned as a character but as a costume of marth. This means that she doesnt take anyones slot away. She is just a character we are getting as a bonus.
I believe that Doctor Mario and Dark Pit also wouldnt affect the other characters if they will be confirmed. Besides i am confident that Dark Pit will be a stage boss at Palutenas Temple.
But that is what he said. He could have made changes as he did consider adding Chrom but then didn't. Isaac must have been on that list since his inclusion has been demanded since a long time plus request is actually very very reasonable since he has such a large moveset, such a good representation of the GBA era and a very different Nintendo character!

I was thinking. Would Golden Sun being one of the first GBA titles to be on the Wii U Virtual console give Isaac any leverage?
Well yes obviously. That is one of our primary arguments that Golden Sun has not been forgotten as it was one of the first GBA titles to hit Wii U Virtual console. Thus Nintendo still remembers that Golden Sun was really important plus a really good representation of the GBA era. Plus it was one of the best games!

Thus it should give Isaac a better chance and us more hope :)

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
Well guys, looks like Shulk is in based on these latest leaked videos. How do you think this affects Isaac's chances?

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Welp.
It doesn't mean that the leak involves the full roster.

Welp still.

Last edited:

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
Maybe he'll be DLC
Maybe he'll be in Smash 5
Maybe Camelot's working on Golden Sun 4

But probably not

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well guys, looks like Shulk is in based on these latest leaked videos. How do you think this affects Isaac's chances?
Leaked videos?

*looks up*

The horrible roster is real. It's really real.

Welp, I'm done. Never hyping another roster by Sakurai again. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
The thing is that you're assuming that there is any such thing as a "GBA rep" spot to be filled. Even if there was, Lucas comes from a franchise already present in the SSB series, one that has quite a little following.
No what I'm trying to say is if they should add either of them it should be Isaac off the bat, his franchise is under represented, a JRPG which most loved more than mother and a greater moveset which makes him unique and not a clone. I think ness is enough in terms of the Mother/Earthbound series.

Also as real as the roster looks, no one knows if it truly is, we need the game to fully see if it is or not. Seeing as Sakurai put DLC there is potential that if Isaac was an Assist Trophy he could add Mathew or Feelix. Nothing is impossible. I'm not saying he is in the game but there is still a possibility!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The leaker has hinted these aren't all the characters, so there is still hope.

As a Shulk fan, I am really dissapointed in what I've seen of him. They made Air Slash look like Marth's recovery and he looks like he has a few animations that belong to Ike, Marth, Link and even Roy, and he is ANOTHER SWORDSMAN with counter. He could have been so unique!

Anyway, the leaker from Reddit who leaked some of these moves was correct and he also said there would be more characters. This is most likely NOT the final roster, so let's all stay calm until we know for sure.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I didn't specially like what was shown of shulk either.
Let's all wait, there's little else we can do anyways.

D

Deleted member

Boy, Shulk didn't get a lot going, but he's in. And, really, the only other newcomer is Bowser Jr., so hopefully this isn't it.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Don't jump on the sorrow train just yet. There's still Project M. He's doing better than RIDLEY in the polls there. Isaac for Project M!

D

Deleted member

I don't know why but i just have less hope now, I really wanted Isaac in the game but I guess there is still hope
I think it's because we saw Shulk BEFORE Isaac. It sorta makes you feel down in the dumps because it feels like Sakurai didn't value Golden Sun highly.

I still want to believe, and it ain't over until it's over.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Boy, Shulk didn't get a lot going, but he's in. And, really, the only other newcomer is Bowser Jr., so hopefully this isn't it.
And Duck Hunt Dog. Shulk had plenty going for him, but I'm not going to talk about it in a different support thread. Once again, people need to wait and see who the other characters are (since the leaker said there would be more.)

Isaac makes more sense as an unlockable then Shulk in my opinion. Smash players already know who he is due to Brawl, so he would be a fun character to unlock.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

And Duck Hunt Dog. Shulk had plenty going for him, but I'm not going to talk about it in a different support thread. Once again, people need to wait and see who the other characters are (since the leaker said there would be more.)

Isaac makes more sense as an unlockable then Shulk in my opinion. Smash players already know who he is due to Brawl, so he would be a fun character to unlock.
I was referring more to Shulk's gameplay.

However, I didn't see DHD, though.

Well, I hope there are more newcomers, and I am curious if the leaker is responisble for the videos directly or if he recorded them from something else.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I guess i will try to convince myself that the leak is not bad at all even though it will probably not work.

Top Bottom