• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
No unlockable assist trophies from Brawl (except Shadow) have been shown off... Isaac isn't in any leaks... I'm losing hope....
I became worried when Robin was announced. He/she happened to fit the identical role that would have been unique and Isaac's biggest strong point for joining smash 4: a "mage knight" of sorts. I still have hope that he can make it in, but it certainly isn't the best situation we could ask to be in, I'll admit that much.

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
Not to worry. This time, um, we had more time to root for Isaac. And he is just going to be there!

Plus all the arguments I already gave, so stop depressing people!

This time, it will be different!
You are alway encouraging everyone that Isaac will be playable and you are trying to maintain a positive atmosphere here.
Thank you :)

Turmalinium

Smash Apprentice
I became worried when Robin was announced. He/she happened to fit the identical role that would have been unique and Isaac's biggest strong point for joining smash 4: a "mage knight" of sorts. I still have hope that he can make it in, but it certainly isn't the best situation we could ask to be in, I'll admit that much.
Welcome to Smashboards.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
You are alway encouraging everyone that Isaac will be playable and you are trying to maintain a positive atmosphere here.
Thank you :)
Hey that's my job now that I am here on the Isaac for SSB4 threads :p Be happy and hope for the best!Good things happen when you are positive. We will leave Isaac's history in Brawl behind and wait for him to be there in Smash 4!

Well ironically Isaac's Japanese name is Robin. Well Isaac can still be a mage knight since his moves are on another level. He manipulates Earth for god's sake which is not covered in Robin's repertoire. Robin can do Lightning (Jupiter), Wind (still Jupiter), Dark magic (Dark added just for Smash) and Fire (Mars). That still leaves room for Mercury and Venus! And if we can have 3 swordsman with no magical powers whatsoever, why can't we have two mage knight type characters? That too legendary characters from their own epic games!

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I always felt like Isaac would feel like more of a power fighter when compared to Robin, who I see as more of a finesse guy or girl. Both in his sword and his magic attacks, which would make sense as a Venus adept.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I always felt like Isaac would feel like more of a power fighter when compared to Robin, who I see as more of a finesse guy or girl. Both in his sword and his magic attacks, which would make sense as a Venus adept.
Oh my, that dialogue introduces his popularity be a Robin clone but all animations would have to be different and that can't really be a clone. But the discarding of tomes mechanics won't work for him and neither the sword mechanic. Isaac will be more powerful that is for sure but will be fast as well. Which makes me think that he might have some sort of charging time since casting psynergy takes some time too.

What if they introduced a mechanic of his psynergy running out? When it does, his psynergy moves are replaced with other weapon moves. And when it replenishes he can use it again! But this idea just came to me considering Robin's mechanics.

Still whatever happens, Isaac must get in the game. Seeing his moveset, I doubt he will be a clone and will have to be built from the ground up or atleast with some work.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well ironically Isaac's Japanese name is Robin. Well Isaac can still be a mage knight since his moves are on another level. He manipulates Earth for god's sake which is not covered in Robin's repertoire. Robin can do Lightning (Jupiter), Wind (still Jupiter), Dark magic (Dark added just for Smash) and Fire (Mars). That still leaves room for Mercury and Venus! And if we can have 3 swordsman with no magical powers whatsoever, why can't we have two mage knight type characters? That too legendary characters from their own epic games!
Ahem. I'm sorry if I'm pushing you aside here, but I feel that, as a veteran with a huge history with both the Fire Emblem and Golden Sun franchises, I have to discuss this.

Fire Emblem does not have earth magic at all, and is severely lacking in water magic as well (it has two ice spells that I know of, Fimbulvetr and Blizzard). Magic is split into five types. Light, Dark, Fire, Thunder, and Wind (when ice magic is included, it counts as wind).

As has been pointed out, this does not stray into Golden Sun's strengths whatsoever.

Perhaps more importantly, even if they did use the same elements, they would play vastly differently, because Psynergy is not magic, and it works differently. Psynergy and Alchemy are based upon manipulating the natural world. When Robin fires off lightning, he fires it from his hands. When a Golden Sun character summons lightning, they call it down from the sky. Psynergy is about manipulating the outside environment. Making the ground quake and erupt, making hail fall from the sky, summoning storms (dinky storms, but still storms), etcetera. This is why it is used so much out of combat in the games.

Robin's magic is focused on fighting, because Fire Emblem is a game all about fighting. When he casts a fire spell, he just throws a fireball at his foes. When Isaac casts one, he causes the ground itself to erupt from beneath his foes.

It's a pretty different archetype, even if it is just "mageknight" at the most basic level.

Plus, Isaac is a Venus Adept, and Fire Emblem has no earth spells, at all, in any incarnation of the game that I can remember.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Oh my, that dialogue introduces his popularity be a Robin clone but all animations would have to be different and that can't really be a clone. But the discarding of tomes mechanics won't work for him and neither the sword mechanic. Isaac will be more powerful that is for sure but will be fast as well. Which makes me think that he might have some sort of charging time since casting psynergy takes some time too.

What if they introduced a mechanic of his psynergy running out? When it does, his psynergy moves are replaced with other weapon moves. And when it replenishes he can use it again! But this idea just came to me considering Robin's mechanics.

Still whatever happens, Isaac must get in the game. Seeing his moveset, I doubt he will be a clone and will have to be built from the ground up or atleast with some work.
I didn't mean he would be a clone, I meant style wise. Although it might be possible to make Isaac a Robin clone it would be a major stretch.

He needs his own moves. I personally would be happy with just about anything if he had move and Ragnarok. Every other special is negotiable.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895

For similar mechanics, look to using Djinn for combat effects, and them then getting exhausted.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Ahem. I'm sorry if I'm pushing you aside here, but I feel that, as a veteran with a huge history with both the Fire Emblem and Golden Sun franchises, I have to discuss this.

Fire Emblem does not have earth magic at all, and is severely lacking in water magic as well (it has two ice spells that I know of, Fimbulvetr and Blizzard). Magic is split into five types. Light, Dark, Fire, Thunder, and Wind (when ice magic is included, it counts as wind).

As has been pointed out, this does not stray into Golden Sun's strengths whatsoever.

Perhaps more importantly, even if they did use the same elements, they would play vastly differently, because Psynergy is not magic, and it works differently. Psynergy and Alchemy are based upon manipulating the natural world. When Robin fires off lightning, he fires it from his hands. When a Golden Sun character summons lightning, they call it down from the sky. Psynergy is about manipulating the outside environment. Making the ground quake and erupt, making hail fall from the sky, summoning storms (dinky storms, but still storms), etcetera. This is why it is used so much out of combat in the games.

Robin's magic is focused on fighting, because Fire Emblem is a game all about fighting. When he casts a fire spell, he just throws a fireball at his foes. When Isaac casts one, he causes the ground itself to erupt from beneath his foes.

It's a pretty different archetype, even if it is just "mageknight" at the most basic level.

Plus, Isaac is a Venus Adept, and Fire Emblem has no earth spells, at all, in any incarnation of the game that I can remember.
I feel I should clarify that in several (all?) of the Fire Emblem titles; Fire, Thunder, and Wind are grouped into "Anima" magic, which is basically nature magic. It's true we don't see any explicitly earth-based spells in Fire Emblem, but they could canonically exists. There's also the spell Volcano in Fire Emblem, which could be considered a hybrid Earth/Fire element and is a hybrid in some universes. The Gaia series of psyenergy in Golden Sun is also a sort of eruption (though not the literal Volcano series in Mars psyenergy).

That said, I agree with you that Fire Emblems Magic is very different from Golden Sun's Psyenergy, but they would both manifest in Smash in more or less the same way (aside from the tome mechanic, of course). While the cause of the lightning bolt is different, you still strike the enemy with a lightning bolt.

I think it's feasible that he could be a Robin clone, but I really, REALLY doubt it. Someone mentioned a few dozen pages back that Isaac has so much potential for movesets (canonical at that!), I would find it hard to believe anyone familiar with the character could just make him a clone.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I feel I should clarify that in several (all?) of the Fire Emblem titles; Fire, Thunder, and Wind are grouped into "Anima" magic, which is basically nature magic. It's true we don't see any explicitly earth-based spells in Fire Emblem, but they could canonically exists. There's also the spell Volcano in Fire Emblem, which could be considered a hybrid Earth/Fire element and is a hybrid in some universes. The Gaia series of psyenergy in Golden Sun is also a sort of eruption (though not the literal Volcano series in Mars psyenergy).
I meant to mention the Anima trinity of magic, but I forgot.

Why did Awakening cut out Light Magic and the Anima trinity? :(

I think it's feasible that he could be a Robin clone, but I really, REALLY doubt it. Someone mentioned a few dozen pages back that Isaac has so much potential for movesets (canonical at that!), I would find it hard to believe anyone familiar with the character could just make him a clone.
That was me. Yeah, it's really too easy to make a moveset for him. We've designed ones here themed on a dozen different classes, had ones built entirely upon the "hand" Psynergies (Move, Force, Crush, Catch, etcetera), had multiple ones built around Djinn...

He's just too easy to make a unique moveset for, it's almost harder to make him a clone.

Unless Sakurai is just sitting there and eventually goes "Gah, I've got a thousand different movesets for this guy, and I'm not sure when one is my favorite. We've run out of time, so we'll just make him a clone for now!"

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

Nah don't worry, I love me some Fire Emblem myself and I know a lot, and I mean a lot about it. I was just putting some thoughts out there. By Darkness being for the game I meant it as Robin does not use it in Awakening but has it in Smash.

The characters in Fire Emblem use tomes to summon lightning but that does not necessarily means lightning comes out of their hands. See the SS class spells of Radiant Dawn for example. Rexbolt summons huge lightning bolts from the sky (I love that spell :)) whereas Rexcalibur has summoning of Wind and Ice. But those distinctions were added mainly for Radiant Dawn like Electric Tuba said, since Lightning, Wind and Fire just form the anima circle with Darkness and Light completing this larger circle.

It is a very a very far call for Isaac being a clone of Robin since he works so very differently! His potential is too vast for that. I did not mean for anyone to misunderstand what I said.

Obviously Isaac's psynergy is on another level from Fire Emblem. Their most basic moves do a hell lot of damage to the world they are trying to save :p Earthquake and Grand Gaia splits the Earth, Volcano summons a huge Lava geyser, Ice summons ice stalactites on the foes and stuff like that.

Isaac needs to be added as a whole different character obviously since his moves are in-replicable by any other character so far in Smash. Just another level of epic (I love that word don't I?)

He is a mage knight but of a different build than Robin, much different but to the layman, they are both mage knights.

Wow, that was long! Sorry to have posted something that was confusing! Plus heck even I don't believe his clone chances. Well if we had Isaac in the game already, then Matthew or Felix could have been his clones but that's not possible so he will be a character built from the ground up. I would be really annoyed if its the effort that held his inclusion in Brawl, considering he should have been playable at all costs! If I was a developer, I might have been confused by the sheer awesomeness of his moves and how to include them in such a game but for Sakurai that should not be a problem.

Well my essay ends here. Thank you for reading.

Now let's get back to rooting for Isaac in Smash 4!

Last edited:

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
That essay was a good one. About Isaac being a Robin clone, I don't think that the sole representative of a franchise would be made a clone. That will give newbies a horrible impression of the franchise and the character.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
That essay was a good one. About Isaac being a Robin clone, I don't think that the sole representative of a franchise would be made a clone. That will give newbies a horrible impression of the franchise and the character.
Agreed. I have no doubt that Isaac won't be a clone of Robin at all. That is because he'll be a clone of Ivysaur!:troll:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Never thought of it that way-- good point.
I think it would be a terrible idea for a series with only one rep character to have a CLONE rep character, for sure. Not every franchise is the same, and to make a lone rep be a copy/paste of another franchise's character would just be lazy and a little insulting to fans of the franchise with one rep (in this case, Golden Sun).

D

Deleted member

I don't really care about K.R.Rool, but I hate Ridley. I know some people love him, but I can't stand him.
The potential running gag of Ridley never getting to be playable is also too good to pass up.
Eh, don't be modest. I can't stand Ridley. He's a perfect boss character, but he just lacks the credentials to be a plausible playable. It's just too complicated for me to elaborate, so I'm just gonna agree with you on the idea of Ridley being forever baited as a playable, and then turned around as a boss character.

Anyway, I gotta tell the naysayers and downsiders that while I feel your pain, don't despair! Isaac WILL be in the game!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Never thought of it that way-- good point.
I think it would be a terrible idea for a series with only one rep character to have a CLONE rep character, for sure. Not every franchise is the same, and to make a lone rep be a copy/paste of another franchise's character would just be lazy and a little insulting to fans of the franchise with one rep (in this case, Golden Sun).
Definitely, I was just putting it out there, while disagreeing with it the same time. Sorry that I kind of derailed the thread and introduced an issue which was never an issue to begin with. I want Isaac to have an epic and as diverse as it can be type of moveset! Something that is remembered in this Smash and future Smash Bros. games! He is after all a one-man army as a representation of the game plus literally since these adepts could probably wipe out armies!

With some work, he can be amazing! It is just that Robin created a mage knight role which Isaac will also have but in different senses since their moves differ so much, their power differs very much and they are of separate franchises. He is one of the most unique of Nintendo characters (Nintendo has no one else like him) not counting other Golden Sun characters and needs to be represented.

Eh, don't be modest. I can't stand Ridley. He's a perfect boss character, but he just lacks the credentials to be a plausible playable. It's just too complicated for me to elaborate, so I'm just gonna agree with you on the idea of Ridley being forever baited as a playable, and then turned around as a boss character.
I am not really sure about Ridley since he would need some downsizing to be playable at all. Did Ridley have a kid? Although I am not against his inclusion I don't see how he could be a mainstream playable character. A playable boss, maybe.

Anyway, I gotta tell the naysayers and downsiders that while I feel your pain, don't despair! Isaac WILL be in the game!
There with you all the way. As I have been saying in all my posts, Isaac IS in the game!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
not really based off anything but your signature.Where is that from?

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
I'm glad to see some valid points are being brought up in defense of Isaac's inclusion. I'll admit he still has some cards on the table when compared to Robin, and in no way in hell will he be a clone of Robin. That said, my comment was dominately focused on the issue of an archtype, which previously had been his greatest strong point of an inclusion for kit base, has been taken.

Given, we do have multiple sword users, so having multiple "mage knights" is certainly possible. But it DOES unfortunately lower his chances of getting in (despite how much I hate admitting it), but I have high hopes on his inclusion. He's just too awesome of a character to not include, and especially since he is popular in the east and west.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
I never got to play TWEWY. :c Is the solo remix basically the actual game?
I don't want to fill this thread with offtopic, but besides saying that TWEWY is a freaking awesome game and I LOVED IT, I recommend you NOT to play the solo remix version.

Controlling two characters at the same time is actually a very important part of the game's plot, if not the most important, and since you only control Neku on the solo remix version they removed dialogue regarding that matter and... that's not good. I remember the important details (but not the exact terms in english, I played it in spanish which is my 1st language lol) and, for sure, it won't be the same experience since the game mechanics complement the story (which won't make all the sense it should if you only control 1 character) and the removed dialogue generates contradictions as the story progresses. That version was a terrible idea, so, if you are EVER going to play TWEWY, do yourself a favor and play the DS one, the original. A magnificent and unique game I must repeat :p

Now, back to our favorite guy: Isaac. Sorry once again for the offtopic.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
There with you all the way. As I have been saying in all my posts, Isaac IS in the game!
Just out of curiosity, I'm not saying he's not going to be in the game, but what would you do if they disconfirm him as an assist trophy again? Or not represented at all? God forbid!

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I don't want to fill this thread with offtopic, but besides saying that TWEWY is a freaking awesome game and I LOVED IT, I recommend you NOT to play the solo remix version.

Controlling two characters at the same time is actually a very important part of the game's plot, if not the most important, and since you only control Neku on the solo remix version they removed dialogue regarding that matter and... that's not good. I remember the important details (but not the exact terms in english, I played it in spanish which is my 1st language lol) and, for sure, it won't be the same experience since the game mechanics complement the story (which won't make all the sense it should if you only control 1 character) and the removed dialogue generates contradictions as the story progresses. That version was a terrible idea, so, if you are EVER going to play TWEWY, do yourself a favor and play the DS one, the original. A magnificent and unique game I must repeat :p

Now, back to our favorite guy: Isaac. Sorry once again for the offtopic.
Well I would definitely recommend the DS version over the Solo remix as well. The dual screen gameplay is a must for me. But as a TWEWY addict, I had to try the solo remix. They do remove the dialogues about the dual screen gameplay but they still mention that you need a duo to fight the enemies. The story isn't affected much as instead of the light puck, cross combos come into play where you alternate hits. But the Solo Remix is not bad at all, just finished it actually 10 minutes ago, the main story I mean. The gameplay of the single screen still sticks and you can still control the partner but to a lesser extent. They basically added touch commands for the other characters as well as a different pin for them. They are still essential to battle as most of the damage is just not possible with Neku alone. The collection of fusion stars has changed to a minigame post filling the sync meter to amplify the damage of the Fusion attack.

The game is still fun but a lot easier in my opinion although this opinion can be warped as I had already mastered TWEWY to a certain extent. The touch screen controls take a bit getting used to capacitive screen of tablet vs. resistive touch screen of DS.

As a bonus, the music is better and the graphics are obviously crispier. In the end I still prefer the DS version though but just my two bits that the Solo version is slightly lesser but still a top grade game. Not a bad port at all, but the dual screen gameplay has been removed.

I still have to get another copy of TWEWY on DS though as I gave mine to my sis. I wonder how many times I can replay it before getting bored, not easily though.

Obviously let's go back to Isaac.

Just out of curiosity, I'm not saying he's not going to be in the game, but what would you do if they disconfirm him as an assist trophy again? Or not represented at all? God forbid!
To be honest, I try not to think of the "what if (something goes wrong)" case or hardly do if I ever do. The goal is the target after all :p Although being an ex-paranoid I still have fears and anxiety about stuff going wrong but I am trying to fix that. Living positively has just become so much more awesome!

Hmm what would I do? Interesting question as I have not thought much about it. First thing that will come to my mind is that Nintendo has gone mad. 2nd, I might just wait for him to be unlockable and hidden character. If still not then, hmm maybe I will just not play Smash 4 for a while and move on to other Nintendo games that I am interested in. And maybe replay Golden Sun once more just for the nostalgia. I would still wait for Nintendo to fix their heads and give me a Golden Sun 4.

I have a huge backlog of JRPGs as well as other types of games to finish so can't just become depressed about it. My answer is still "I don't know" but I definitely will not go down in the dumps. Or atleast try not to.

But that is just a hypothetical scenario, cause Isaac IS in the game :p

Oh by the way sorry people for walls of text, force of habit I suppose.

Last edited:

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
If I'm not satisfied with the roster, my grain of salt would most definitely be buying the game "second handed" to give the full price of the game to the store I buy it from instead of acquiring a new one (which would give part of my bucks to Nintendo)

But that's just my personal mini-vengance :smirk: I don't want to miss the game anyways.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Why did it take so long for the site to load for me? It wasn't my internet, other sites were fine...

Anyway, I just made my friend mad at me for buying an actual brand new copy at GameStop that he will not get to borrow after he broke my copy of Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days. I'm very happy about both those facts.

Though I didn't find TWEWY, which is what I was actually looking for.

Btw, to add to the argument against making Isaac a Robin clone: GS doesn't have dark psynergy. You'd have to use a Djinn, but we then run into the whole completely new animations issue.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Good luck :p When I came to the thread it was at around 100 pages+ so I just started where I came, can't go through 100 pages! The thread is speeding up as "Judgement' time is coming closer.

But Judgement is on our side, so we can hope for good stuff :p

art by zeoarts on deviantArt
HA! YES! THAT'S AWESOME!!!

He's just too easy to make a unique moveset for, it's almost harder to make him a clone.

Unless Sakurai is just sitting there and eventually goes "Gah, I've got a thousand different movesets for this guy, and I'm not sure when one is my favorite. We've run out of time, so we'll just make him a clone for now!"
That is why Isaac would be perfect to be a custom-like character like Palutena is along with the Miis. Think about it guys. Even if it might be about 12 or more moves. It will still be really cool!

Btw, to add to the argument against making Isaac a Robin clone: GS doesn't have dark psynergy. You'd have to use a Djinn, but we then run into the whole completely new animations issue.
Actually, in Dark Dawn, they did talk about Light and Dark Adepts and that there was some Dark psynergy used by the main villains, I believe.

Man, what announcement will we get this Wednesday or around there? Whatever it is, it's going to be huge. If Isaac is playable, I will be amazed!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't see how Isaac could ever be a Robin clone.

There's a big difference between shooting fire/e!electricity and manipulating earth. It wouldn't make any sense visually or functionally. Isaac and Robin's capabilities are just too different.

To say Isaac and Robin share the same archetype and leave it at that would be severely undervaluing Isaac's potential. It would be like saying Metaknight and Marth fall under the same archetype, so pick just one.

Last edited:

ShadowShuriken

Smash Cadet
Tbh, Isaac is the perfect charcacter to enter into SSB4, because its been said many times, hes too unique to not be in the game!, unique characters like him deserve a spot, and i think he will be in SSB4.
ISAAC FOR SSB4!!!

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
That is why Isaac would be perfect to be a custom-like character like Palutena is along with the Miis. Think about it guys. Even if it might be about 12 or more moves. It will still be really cool!
I would love this to happen. Especially if they added other elements.
Actually, in Dark Dawn, they did talk about Light and Dark Adepts and that there was some Dark psynergy used by the main villains, I believe.
Yeah, but we didn't really see either of those types of psynergy, and Isaac can't use them anyway. Robin can at least class change to a Sorcerer.
Man, what announcement will we get this Wednesday or around there? Whatever it is, it's going to be huge. If Isaac is playable, I will be amazed!
We're getting an announcement on Wednesday?

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
I would love this to happen. Especially if they added other elements.

We're getting an announcement on Wednesday?
Imagine if you want to use water based psynergy, no problem. Way too much potential to leave out. Seriously.

It's only speculation, but it really feels like that's what's going to happen. We are due for another newcomer before the game comes out Sept. 13, and Aug 27th is the anniversary of Earthbound. So, putting these and others together, it seems likely that something will happen on Wednesday. Again, it's only speculation so anything could happen.

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I think this thread needs an update to the title. We've had the same one for quite a while. Perhaps something like "Judgment will soon fall on the final roster!" Anyone else have fun ideas?

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Imagine if you want to use water based psynergy, no problem. Way too much potential to leave out. Seriously.

It's only speculation, but it really feels like that's what's going to happen. We are due for another newcomer before the game comes out Sept. 13, and Aug 27th is the anniversary of Earthbound. So, putting these and others together, it seems likely that something will happen on Wednesday. Again, it's only speculation so anything could happen.
Hmm.. we could only get a reveal of Ness/Lucas, but it would be awesome to get a trailer involving those two since it's a big milestone.
I think this thread needs an update to the title. We've had the same one for quite a while. Perhaps something like "Judgment will soon fall on the final roster!" Anyone else have fun ideas?
I don't understand why we need a new name...

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
Hmm.. we could only get a reveal of Ness/Lucas, but it would be awesome to get a trailer involving those two since it's a big milestone.

I don't understand why we need a new name...
It's fine as it is. I just thought a little bit at the end would be fun. I've seen a lot of other threads update the status of their character through the title of the op.

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
Well, there has been absolutely zero reasons to change the title since the game was announced, so I doubt we could make any jokes aside from the ones regarding how little evidence there is :p

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Well, there has been absolutely zero reasons to change the title since the game was announced, so I doubt we could make any jokes aside from the ones regarding how little evidence there is :p
Mmmhhh salt in the wound. Ahaha.
"Silence is deafening" is definitely the case right now, eheheh. But I'd take silence over deconfirmation any day.

I made a somewhat-lame sketch for some fun earlier.
I was going to actually draw him doing something interesting, but I didn't do it because of reasons.
(I've never really drawn him in my own current art style.)
I was sketching a realistic Fusion Dragon too, but that won't be done for a while...
Just thought I'd share it here because eyy, Isaac! Even though he looks older than usual

BSTCloud

Smash Apprentice
"Silence is deafening" is definitely the case right now, eheheh. But I'd take silence over deconfirmation any day.

I was going to actually draw him doing something interesting, but I didn't do it because of reasons.
I was sketching a realistic Fusion Dragon too, but that won't be done for a while...
Just thought I'd share it here because eyy, Isaac! Even though he looks older than usual
We could say the most fitting sound regarading Isaac's situation is... the sound of silence.
Bwahahah somebody get it? Anybody? Anyone?
...Ok that was lame, I'm out.

Anyways, that sketch looks pretty awesome, congratulations on the -wildly superior to mine- hand skills!
You didn't use Pysnergy to draw that by a chance, hm? ;P

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider

So would I.

That sketch is amazing. The only thing I don't like about it is the pose, and that's more of a personal opinion than anything.
Can I steal you're art skills? :laugh:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
We could say the most fitting sound regarading Isaac's situation is... the sound of silence.
Bwahahah somebody get it? Anybody? Anyone?
...Ok that was lame, I'm out.

Anyways, that sketch looks pretty awesome, congratulations on the -wildly superior to mine- hand skills!
You didn't use Pysnergy to draw that by a chance, hm? ;P
Beheheheheheh.
It made me laugh, it's all good.

Let's just say I MOVEd.... the pencil all over the paper. Hah.
That was really lame too, wow.
That sketch is amazing. The only thing I don't like about it is the pose, and that's more of a personal opinion than anything.
Can I steal you're art skills? :laugh:
His pose was different at first, I had his right arm up like he was going to be holding the hilt of his sword, and then I remembered the hilt of the sword was on the left side...;v;"" Emergency-hand-on-hip-pose pose change!
Neverrr ;A; *runs away*

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326

That sketch is amazing! I wouldn't call that a lame sketch at all! Always great to see some Isaac support in for of fan art. Man my art skills need some serious improving to become half as good as some art I am seeing! I want to draw Golden Sun fanart as well!

Keep up the excellent work :)

By the way, you drew your avatar as well?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The biggest question in my mind is: Did Sakurai look at the ATs? Or did they just get ported in without thinking?

Little Mac got in, sure, but he had far more fan demand than any of the others.

We do have some small support. The models have been sharpened, and textures for the Assist Trophies have been redone as well (there are at least two changes to Lyn's textures).

However, from what I can tell, none of the Assist Trophy moves have changed. Though, to be fair, that might just be because they were all awesome and fitting for their characters to begin with.

We haven't seen Isaac yet, but we also haven't seen any of the other unlockable ATs, except for Shadow.

If Sakurai looked at Isaac, even if just to look over Move and check if it was too powerful, I think Isaac has a fantastic chance of making it in-game. But I'm seriously wondering whether the majority of the ATs might just be stuck as ATs forever.

We need to get together with the Ray and Andy/Sami fans. We need to get the ATs moved up to character status!

For more cheerful news, I thought of another, completely different, moveset for Isaac.

Standards:
Standard - Spire
Forward Tilt - Ragnarok
Forward Smash - Oddyssey
Up Tilt - Growth
Up Smash - Mad Growth
Down Tilt - Gaia
Down Smash - Grand Gaia

His aerials are all sword attacks, because, as you probably noticed, any time he attacks with his weapon, he jumps. :)

Specials:
B - Move (Customization - Force, smaller hit area, much more forceful knockback)
Forward B - Grip, grabs an opponent, yanks them towards Isaac, then imparts knockback past Isaac (Customization - Catch, shorter range, but let's Isaac act almost immediately, so he can strike them before they go flying past)
Down B - Pound, meteor smash (Customization - Crush, reduced knockback, greater area of effect)
Up B - Lift

This one is all about the Hand Psynergies. It's unique because it takes a page from his appearance as an Assist Trophy. None of his Specials cause damage. However, they are among the best knockback moves in the game. Grip was inspired by the scene in Dark Dawn where the two lumberjacks use Grip to throw the gondola past them.

Isaac's standards, on the other hand, are mostly low knockback, higher damage. So you have to switch between his standards for increasing opponent damage, and his specials for dealing great knockback.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
The biggest question in my mind is: Did Sakurai look at the ATs? Or did they just get ported in without thinking?

Little Mac got in, sure, but he had far more fan demand than any of the others.

We do have some small support. The models have been sharpened, and textures for the Assist Trophies have been redone as well (there are at least two changes to Lyn's textures).

However, from what I can tell, none of the Assist Trophy moves have changed. Though, to be fair, that might just be because they were all awesome and fitting for their characters to begin with.

We haven't seen Isaac yet, but we also haven't seen any of the other unlockable ATs, except for Shadow.

If Sakurai looked at Isaac, even if just to look over Move and check if it was too powerful, I think Isaac has a fantastic chance of making it in-game. But I'm seriously wondering whether the majority of the ATs might just be stuck as ATs forever.

We need to get together with the Ray and Andy/Sami fans. We need to get the ATs moved up to character status!

For more cheerful news, I thought of another, completely different, moveset for Isaac.

Standards:
Standard - Spire
Forward Tilt - Ragnarok
Forward Smash - Oddyssey
Up Tilt - Growth
Up Smash - Mad Growth
Down Tilt - Gaia
Down Smash - Grand Gaia

His aerials are all sword attacks, because, as you probably noticed, any time he attacks with his weapon, he jumps. :)

Specials:
B - Move (Customization - Force, smaller hit area, much more forceful knockback)
Forward B - Grip, grabs an opponent, yanks them towards Isaac, then imparts knockback past Isaac (Customization - Catch, shorter range, but let's Isaac act almost immediately, so he can strike them before they go flying past)
Down B - Pound, meteor smash (Customization - Crush, reduced knockback, greater area of effect)
Up B - Lift

This one is all about the Hand Psynergies. It's unique because it takes a page from his appearance as an Assist Trophy. None of his Specials cause damage. However, they are among the best knockback moves in the game. Grip was inspired by the scene in Dark Dawn where the two lumberjacks use Grip to throw the gondola past them.

Isaac's standards, on the other hand, are mostly low knockback, higher damage. So you have to switch between his standards for increasing opponent damage, and his specials for dealing great knockback.
Although I would have liked it if he had some other element moves from his multi-elemental classes. Or maybe they can be his custom moves! How would you want him to control? Agile, slow, something else in between?

By the way in answer to your question, there is no way the did not look at the ATs. Especially when they were adding Little Mac they would consider other ATs that might be upgraded. Plus we got a tease about upgraded trophies in the case of Waluigi, where I think Sakurai gave a comment.

Little Mac is not alone. Since Isaac will also be upgraded :)

So what is the Final Smash in your moveset? Is it Judgement, Catastrophe or Meggido?

Or something purely different?

Last edited:
Top Bottom