• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Kinda begs the question as to why those four haven't been seen yet. I mean if this really is leaking from the ESRB one would think they'd have the entire roster shown.

In any case, I agree things don't look great for Isaac, but like you, I'm not giving up yet. Not until we actually see him.
I agree that it's weird that they haven't been shown. However, I've seen lots of notes on how weird the roster is laid out (it's not even on the bottom two rows), and earlier I saw somebody post a screenshot of All Star Mode still locked. Although I can't verify who that was from or when it was taken. If it was taken by the same person who has all of those characters unlocked then it pretty much confirms it, and that's the way the person posting it talked.

There's lots more evidence floating around, although it's vague who it can be attributed to. At least from where I'm sitting it is.

However, the leak I mentioned above got a lot right... It'd be pretty hard for that to be a mere coincidence. That's why I'm holding out hope for it.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I agree that it's weird that they haven't been shown. However, I've seen lots of notes on how weird the roster is laid out (it's not even on the bottom two rows), and earlier I saw somebody post a screenshot of All Star Mode still locked. Although I can't verify who that was from or when it was taken. If it was taken by the same person who has all of those characters unlocked then it pretty much confirms it, and that's the way the person posting it talked.

There's lots more evidence floating around, although it's vague who it can be attributed to. At least from where I'm sitting it is.

However, the leak I mentioned above got a lot right... It'd be pretty hard for that to be a mere coincidence. That's why I'm holding out hope for it.
Trust me there must be some good news left. It looks like there are more characters and to me it's weirder that its been quite from Nintendo for quite a while. As in, there has been quite a gap since the last newcomer announcement which was Robin!

And I for one am not giving up on Isaac no matter how bleak it looks, with you on that @ N3ON N3ON . As far as I know the situation was pretty bleak in the end of Golden Sun 2 and Dark Dawn, and see how that turned out! Especially since the strongest trophy of Brawl hasn't been deconfirmed yet, I am still waiting for Isaac's newcomer debut.

There is more than meets the eye, I say!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I have kind of given up on him at the moment, although I do find the absolute lack of info baffling as well.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I have kind of given up on him at the moment, although I do find the absolute lack of info baffling as well.
As much as I hate to say it, the lack of info being baffling was merely a product of our minds being hopeful.

Isaac was a hidden AT in Brawl. It would be very suspect if all of the hidden ATs had been shown at some point and Isaac was the only one left. However that wasn't the case. The majority of hidden Brawl ATs still haven't been shown.

The only thing it did was work to not destroy our hope. It shouldn't have boosted up our hope like it did.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
At the very least, it's nice to know Isaac will still be incorporated into All-Star somehow.

I hope the final roster puts the clones next to the rest of their series. My non-existent OCD is bothered by them being randomly near the bottom.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
At the very least, it's nice to know Isaac will still be incorporated into All-Star somehow.

I hope the final roster puts the clones next to the rest of their series. My non-existent OCD is bothered by them being randomly near the bottom.
Lol. That certainly bothers me, too. I hope that happens. Although I'm not aware exactly how dramatically character icons have shifted in the past games as I didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff. lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Lol. That certainly bothers me, too. I hope that happens. Although I'm not aware exactly how dramatically character icons have shifted in the past games as I didn't pay much attention to that kind of stuff. lol
Well in Brawl it was pretty much a random mess until the complete roster was unlocked, and even in Melee Pikachu moved from the top row to the bottom when Luigi was unlocked, so who knows.

I'm more concerned with the Wii U layout though, since I'm guessing that one will look better - not to mention it's the version I'll be playing more.

I guess this doesn't really apply to Isaac anymore... I wonder where he'd have ended up on the layout.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Me too!

As much as I hate to say it, the lack of info being baffling was merely a product of our minds being hopeful.

Isaac was a hidden AT in Brawl. It would be very suspect if all of the hidden ATs had been shown at some point and Isaac was the only one left. However that wasn't the case. The majority of hidden Brawl ATs still haven't been shown.

The only thing it did was work to not destroy our hope. It shouldn't have boosted up our hope like it did.
But still!!!

I am still rooting for him as this leak still lacks something. Definitely Isaac but something else is well so there will be more!

Well in Brawl it was pretty much a random mess until the complete roster was unlocked, and even in Melee Pikachu moved from the top row to the bottom when Luigi was unlocked, so who knows.

I'm more concerned with the Wii U layout though, since I'm guessing that one will look better - not to mention it's the version I'll be playing more.

I guess this doesn't really apply to Isaac anymore... I wonder where he'd have ended up on the layout.
About that Pikachu thing, that is the whole point! Maybe some characters are still left behind and not yet shown! And Isaac could still be on the roster so don't give up yet! Not till the Japanese version comes out and every character is actually unlocked! Or till Sakurai confirms Isaac as playable cause Nintendo needs a huge "shake"-up to increase the positive hype for the game even more which leaks always tend to dampen!

Hey don't give up yet! I think his spot would probably be in the bottom left corner, near Shulk!

P.S. Sorry if I am getting a bit annoying, just don't like the thread as depressing it has become!

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000

Probably to the left of Shulk if I had to guess.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
But wasn't it confirmed that the All Star remains identical to the last Smashes?

I completely lost my hope in anything pertaining to Assists playing a role in this mode by indication of this. It seems like streamlined version of Brawl's All-Star.

But like I said, everyone took Sakurai's wordings too literally. I always heard them in figurative fashion, I guess.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I got a bad feeling Isaac's going to be the ONLY trophy from Golden Sun again.

At the very least, give us Felix, Matthew, Jenna, & the Djinn.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Probably to the left of Shulk if I had to guess.
We think alike regarding that.

Who knows maybe it WILL be to the left of Shulk. Sakurai just reveal something positive in midst of this atmosphere, these leaks are getting annoying now!

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I'm not giving up until the very end... admittedly, Isaac has very little going on for him.

There are multiple sources "confirming" that the CSS doesn't show the full roster, not that we couldn't infer that by the weird character placement and mis-matched rows.

The bad news is... the rumored remaining characters don't include Isaac. :(

Don't jump on the sorrow train just yet. There's still Project M. He's doing better than RIDLEY in the polls there. Isaac for Project M!
I dunno.

I feel that Isaac being included in Project M would completely destroy his chances of being in Smash 5, or being in Smash, ever. My guess is Sakurai wouldn't include a newcomer based on his popularity on a fanmade mod.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
I feel that Isaac being included in Project M would completely destroy his chances of being in Smash 5, ever. My guess is Sakurai wouldn't include a newcomer based on his popularity on a fanmade mod.
Hey, it's better than not seeing Isaac at all, right? And going by that logic, we also wouldn't be seeing Mewtwo, who is still a viable possibility.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Seems like with the leak, the last bit of hope for Isaac or any GS rep is that All Stars is not unlocked yet. At least, that's what I see. Makes me wonder if that list of remaining characters is true. The guy said that he said DLC will be included just to screw with us. It's possible that he is doing it again. Why would Mach Rider be in? How in the world would he play?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
But wasn't it confirmed that the All Star remains identical to the last Smashes?

I completely lost my hope in anything pertaining to Assists playing a role in this mode by indication of this. It seems like streamlined version of Brawl's All-Star.

But like I said, everyone took Sakurai's wordings too literally. I always heard them in figurative fashion, I guess.
How can "[Assist Trophies] figure into All-Star mode" be taken differently? What would a figurative interpretation even mean?

I think they must play some sort of role, or else why would Sakurai even bother giving that comment?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I'm not giving up until the very end... admittedly, Isaac has very little going on for him.

There are multiple sources "confirming" that the CSS doesn't show the full roster, not that we couldn't infer that by the weird character placement and mis-matched rows.

The bad news is... the rumored remaining characters don't include Isaac. :(

I dunno.

I feel that Isaac being included in Project M would completely destroy his chances of being in Smash 5, ever. My guess is Sakurai wouldn't include a newcomer based on his popularity on a fanmade mod.
Well there was another leak I saw which included Isaac along with other characters that got leaked now. So I am hoping that there is some shred of truth in that Isaac is one of the newcomers not yet revealed. Seriously, there has never been a darker time for the land of Weyard till today. They desperately need the Golden Sun and its representative Isaac.

Don't know about if Project M popularity would count but Shulk is definitely in due to popularity. Heck Nintendo sort of shafted Xenoblade Chronicles porting to Western regions but still fan demand was huge! He is not even appearing in another game as far as we know! And he is in Smash 4! Not against him, mind you, just thought Isaac would be great alongside him.

Also now that all this is out, will we still get newcomer trailer? Will Nintendo do some damage control? Or as many of us hope/suspect, there are other characters to be unlocked who they will probably show to get the hype train going again?

Even I am not giving up till the end, so I am there with ya on this one!

ferioku

Smash Ace
Wow this thread way too gloomy for my liking but I guess it's no ones fault, a lot of people wanted Isaac playable =/. I don't even know what to say about this, Dark Pit and Dr Mario over Isaac, seems rather rash. Sakurai stated he wants to make "the best character gamer" but adding this many clones is terribly disgusting imho. By the looks of it as well Shulk is a clone... His up B is a Marth like recovery, and his Down air is like Links... I can't even comprehend why you would add even more clone characters, the roster is looking dull. I'm excited for Shulk and everything but after seeing that display on youtube I was seriously p'd off. All I can say now is if he is not an assist trophy there is always a possibility that he will be playable as a DLC but the chances of that seem low, Id say the chances he will actually be considered a playable character is 5%...

Though there is still that bit of me that is hoping Isaac is playable, we will see soon enough... I guess.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I dunno.

No, he'd include him based on the popularity that got him into the fanmade mod (among other things). Like Sakurai really cares about P:M enough that he'd let it effect ideas he might hold. I doubt any character original to PM would get implemented the same way in an official Smash game anyway.

P:M is known by thousands of people. Smash Bros. itself is known by millions. In reality, any Smash fangame is basically just a small blip on the radar compared to the official games, even well made and popular ones like P:M.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How can "[Assist Trophies] figure into All-Star mode" be taken differently? What would a figurative interpretation even mean?

I think they must play some sort of role, or else why would Sakurai even bother giving that comment?
Quoting this from this thread.

Honestly, I still think he just meant that figuratively.

He meant that he (Sakurai) and the fellow programmers and developers going to "All Star Mode" when choosing these characters, in order to pick the characters that plenty people are fans of and have some following and bring best selection of them. Which is why they try to include as many of these "All-Stars" as possible. He didn't even say explicitly "the" before saying "All Star Mode".

I think trying to push this in a literal meaning is once again twisting Sakurai's words. I suggest not getting your hopes up.

Actually, could anyone with fluent Japanese check the Japanese equivalent video for this quote? It'd give full clafirication on this matter, as this has been put around the same way everywhere, yet none is even sure.
My theory at least. At the moment though, nothing pertains on Assists being used in this mode. Otherwise the image icon for it in the game menu would mention, or show them in some form, and describe it the way we thought it to be. Something like "Use Assists in this mode to proceed by use of __x__" or something.

The only way I'd see them appear would now be as some surprise enemies to meet during your clear-through, or perhaps through joining in with the characters that share the same franchise with.
Naturally I find this impossible because there's so many characters from unrepped franchises in Smash (including Isaac.)

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Quoting this from this thread.

My theory at least. At the moment though, nothing pertains on Assists being used in this mode. Otherwise the image icon for it in the game menu would mention, or show them in some form, and describe it the way we thought it to be. Something like "Use Assists in this mode to proceed by use of __x__" or something.
How would All-Star mode allow selection of other characters from other series when, assuming it works like it did in previous games, it only focuses on series with playable representation? How would Dillon or Takamaru or Prince Sable or knock-off Pong fit into that? Also, why would All-Star mode allow for that where other modes fail? It seems like if anything Smash Run or the trophies would help with that, they focus on series past playable ones. All All-Star did (in the past at any rate) was have you battle through the playable characters (sometimes chronologically)... and I don't see how that in particular would help with AT selection above Sakurai's general knowledge of Nintendo.

And considering we've really only seen half a screen of the menu image of All-Star, I think you're jumping the gun a bit. It's not like every mode is described in depth on the menu, usually it only gives a basic overview of the mode, which is what it's done here. It's not like it says you only have a single life or can heal either, and those are staples of All-Star mode.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
Hey, it's better than not seeing Isaac at all, right? And going by that logic, we also wouldn't be seeing Mewtwo, who is still a viable possibility.
No, because Mewtwo was reincorporated from Melee, as opposed to being implemented in Project M for the first time, with an original moveset, which is what Isaac would be.

It makes me think Sakurai would rather not include Isaac, because someone else already did it. I dunno.

Of course, that's just the feeling I get and not something I can actually back up. For all we know, Sakurai doesn't even know about Project M existing, like N3ON said.

It would just suck that we'd need to resort to a fanmade mod to finally have Isaac in Smash, instead of seeing him fully and properly implemented.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
I don't think they would ever mention PM whether they know about it or even if they like it. Don't you still get insta-banned if you mention "PM" or any other variant on miiverse?

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
So, by the time I finally got home and had a chance to actually find out bout this the video is banned, so I'm just going to sit here and live in my own little bubble where Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt Dog are in no leaks whatsoever. Seriously, why those three, Sakurai? Do you listen to the fans at all if this is true?

Seriously, I would even take Ridley over that stupid dog and a seventh Mario rep...

I'm just going to deny this entire leak ever happened...

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
If Sakurai isn't (though I imagine he is) then Nintendo is most definitely aware of PM, their behaviour when PM is mentioned on Miiverse proves that, like Electric Tuba said.

However even should Sakurai be aware of it, I can't imagine he'd be petty and petulant enough that if he were inclined to include a character PM included, he'd reject the idea solely on the basis of a fangame doing it first. The real losers then would be the consumers unaware of PM (which is most of them), and the audience that makes up the majority of Smash's demo is clearly who Sakurai values the most.

Plus, that would only cause people to gravitate more towards a hack and an old game needed to play the hack instead of the game Nintendo wants to push (whatever the current one may be), so no... there really are a lot of reasons P:M won't effect the actual Smash roster one way or another.

Last edited:

Arteen

Smash Lord

It feels like Golden Sun isn't even important enough to get a "mercy killing" assist trophy reveal. At least other ATs got one day of prominence, a cool picture or two, and a little text blurb from Sakurai.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
So, by the time I finally got home and had a chance to actually find out bout this the video is banned, so I'm just going to sit here and live in my own little bubble where Dr. Mario, Bowser Jr., and Duck Hunt Dog are in no leaks whatsoever. Seriously, why those three, Sakurai? Do you listen to the fans at all if this is true?

Seriously, I would even take Ridley over that stupid dog and a seventh Mario rep...

I'm just going to deny this entire leak ever happened...
I would too, but I saw the videos and it shows Shulk, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf playing. Plus, the videos were removed due to copyright claims which means its more real than ever. :/

Still, they haven't shown the full roster yet as there are still some left to unlock. So, some hope for Isaac there.

Last edited:

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
I would too, but I saw the videos and it shows Shulk, Bowser Jr. and Ganondorf playing. Plus, the videos were removed due to copyright claims which means its more real than ever. :/

Still, they haven't shown the full roster yet as there are still some left to unlock. So, some hope for Isaac there.
There could be more characters not revealed. I mean, there is an ugly amount of black space.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
How would All-Star mode allow selection of other characters from other series when, assuming it works like it did in previous games, it only focuses on series with playable representation? How would Dillon or Takamaru or Prince Sable or knock-off Pong fit into that? Also, why would All-Star mode allow for that where other modes fail? It seems like if anything Smash Run or the trophies would help with that, they focus on series past playable ones. All All-Star did (in the past at any rate) was have you battle through the playable characters (sometimes chronologically)... and I don't see how that in particular would help with AT selection above Sakurai's general knowledge of Nintendo.
I more of meant that they make an All Star cast of Assists Trophies - at this point characters that people really wanted as playable or are some other way popular. Mostly. Examples incluide Skull Kid, Ashley, Dillon, Takamaru, Ghirahim, etc. He basically collects "All Stars" for this category of characters. I don't understand why he'd add "mode"-word to the end though, it had to create this dumb confusion. Sakurai also has to yet explain us about the mode (which I still expect to be unchanged from previous games)

And considering we've really only seen half a screen of the menu image of All-Star, I think you're jumping the gun a bit. It's not like every mode is described in depth on the menu, usually it only gives a basic overview of the mode, which is what it's done here. It's not like it says you only have a single life or can heal either, and those are staples of All-Star mode.
I dunno man, it still seems merely like what it says in a nutshell. I mean, even if we don't know what role they exactly play, but I thought we'd get some info when the mode would open, unless Assist Trophies' role in All Star-mode is minor.

Last edited:

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
There could be more characters not revealed. I mean, there is an ugly amount of black space.
There's room for at least 5 characters and the one who leaked all of this could not play the All-Stars mode, which you need all characters unlocked to do so. So, there is that.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's scary times we're in. I just came from reddit where I saw Medusa, Barbara and Krystal get deconfirmed......I haven't felt that tense since the assist trophy trailer.

In Isaac's defence, I would argue he has as much going for him as Bowser Jr. and Duck Hunt Dog had....which prior to these leaks wasn't a whole lot.

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
The fact that Nintendo removed the videos does not mean that it is the exact footage. It's within their rights as IP holders (as far as I know) that they could remove the video on account of unauthorized use of their IP and would remove this particular footage to not mislead people into thinking it's true. I don't think this is very likely and would not be surprised if it's the real game, but it is a real possibility that the "leak" is a hoax.

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
The fact that Nintendo removed the videos does not mean that it is the exact footage. It's within their rights as IP holders (as far as I know) that they could remove the video on account of unauthorized use of their IP and would remove this particular footage to not mislead people into thinking it's true. I don't think this is very likely and would not be surprised if it's the real game, but it is a real possibility that the "leak" is a hoax.
You have a point. You wouldn't believe how many videos I've seen Square Enix remove from YouTube...

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
That is true. Unfortunately, the footage looks very convincing. Plus the other photos that have surfaced as well. If it is a fake, this leaker did an amazing job. If anything, he used a PM hack. Who knows really.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Also to point out, the footage of Shulk looked strange to me. He looked like a mix of Marth and Link. Plus, his down smash looks like PM Roy's DSmash. It's interesting.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I still think there's a chance for Isaac, but its very slim and I'm not counting on it. I just wish he showed ****ing Isaac right away. Isaac should've been one of the first AT's shown off to return if he was returning.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Did the video actually show the 3ds or just footage? Because footage can be faked or modded. PM is proof of that.
Here's the forum that talks about the pics of the leak, if you want to see.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ejezu/i_heard_you_like_more_leaks/

If you want to see the footage, quickly go on youtube and search SSB4 Leaks. It should lead you to them or people like The Super Smash Channel that show the footage and talk about it. I can't get the links for some reason.

Last edited:

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
Too bad Sakurai didn't make the last Golden Sun.

If he did, we'd have Isaac in, Alex in, and Matthew in as a straight-up Isaac clone

Aureola

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Queenrider
Here's the forum that talks about the pics of the leak, if you want to see.
http://www.reddit.com/r/smashbros/comments/2ejezu/i_heard_you_like_more_leaks/

If you want to see the footage, quickly go on youtube and search SSB4 Leaks. It should lead you to them or people like The Super Smash Channel that show the footage and talk about it. I can't get the links for some reason.
Okay, why is one of the pictures only of Tharja's butt? There are some people who really don't want to see that...

Anyway, I'm still not completely sure what to think. On one hand, it looks like it was taken from the actual game. On the other, I don't see the actual buttons or anything. It's like he just took pictures of it on a screen.

Top Bottom