• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
It might be because I live in a fairly metropolitan area, but I noticed if you go to this link:
http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=918215
and put in your zip code you can usually find a copy for in store pick up that's not TOO far from you. Forget about ever actually getting it on Gamestop online though.

By the way, I've only actually ever played the first Golden Sun. Went through and played it for the second time ever on the Wii U, looking forward to the sequel being available since people seem to like Felix so much.
Ahh, yes, that's what we usually use (just in a gross Windows 98 version) when we help look for games that people ask about when they come in (if we don't have a copy on hand). Surprisingly it looks like one of the stores near where I live (but not the one I work at..naturally, haha) seems to have gotten a copy recently. Might go pick it up sometime.
...However, it says that the store I work at also has it. Which I know it doesn't, because I've had to arrange the Wii section enough times that I know all the games we have, and we don't have it at all. xD Sometimes the site isn't as reliable as it should be. Now I doubt that the other store even has it, lol.

Felix is awesome! The Lost Age expands really well on the first game, not to mention it adds a ton of awesome summons and a great ending.
Dark Dawn isn't terrible, but I think it relies too much on a having possible sequel. It lacks way more in plot than the original two games in part because of this. It was still fun to play, though.

Last edited:

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Isaac is a really cool guy. I remember supporting him back in Brawl. #TeamGenericBlondeAnimeJRPGSwordsman

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
K Ridley got nothing on team Blond Generic JRPG Hero!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Ahh, yes, that's what we usually use (just in a gross Windows 98 version) when we help look for games that people ask about when they come in (if we don't have a copy on hand). Surprisingly it looks like one of the stores near where I live (but not the one I work at..naturally, haha) seems to have gotten a copy recently. Might go pick it up sometime.
...However, it says that the store I work at also has it. Which I know it doesn't, because I've had to arrange the Wii section enough times that I know all the games we have, and we don't have it at all. xD Sometimes the site isn't as reliable as it should be. Now I doubt that the other store even has it, lol.

Felix is awesome! The Lost Age expands really well on the first game, not to mention it adds a ton of awesome summons and a great ending.
Dark Dawn isn't terrible, but I think it relies too much on a having possible sequel. It lacks way more in plot than the original two games in part because of this. It was still fun to play, though.
If you are a fan of previous Xeno titles, then you'll be glad to know the game matches up much more closely with them thematically in the final quarter of the game. There's a reason this song is on the sound track (slight spoiler in the song title):

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
let's show the titans us JRPG fans are not out yet!

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
I don't think we can do much to Ridley. He's pretty implacable at this point.

We can utterly crush K. Rool, though.
if all of the issac and shulk fans join together then yeah we can beat k roil but ridley.They may take awhile and i don't think we have that must time.Doesn't mean we can't try

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I don't think we can do much to Ridley. He's pretty implacable at this point.

We can utterly crush K. Rool, though.
One giant reptile at a time!

Is there going to be a fight? Or like, a dance off? Where am I supposed to show up?

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
this is beautiful we have united to as one not as shulk fans or Isaac fans but as JRPG fans to get them in smash

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So now everyone is trying to tag team against K. Rool and Ridley...?

Honestly I think all four should be in... and I REALLY want both K. Rool and Isaac... :p

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Allow me to share a quote to commemorate this occasion.

"We embark on the path of the golden blade! The paths of homs and djinns intersect!"
"Joined with yesterday's foe to smash leaks, and accept tomorrow's newcomer as our own!"
"JRPG combining: Shulk n' Isaac! JUST WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"
*Ridley and K. Rool blow up by sheer unity*

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow, I leave for about an hour and we got a huge grouping with the Shulk supporters. I kept thinking of an epic song like Ballard of the Goddess as I read these latest posts. This is truly amazing! These last few weeks will be the biggest showdown on the forums ever...maybe. lol Team K Ridley vs Team Blond Hair or Golden Blade or whatever we are called. This will be a day (or days) to remember! Time to gather all the troops together! Someone, give us an epic song!

In short, I hope these 6 popular characters on this discussion page get in honestly.

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Allow me to share a quote to commemorate this occasion.

"We embark on the path of the golden blade! The paths of homs and djinns intersect!"
"Joined with yesterday's foe to smash leaks, and accept tomorrow's newcomer as our own!"
"JRPG combining: Shulk n' Isaac!
JUST WHO THE HECK DO YOU THINK WE ARE?!"
*Ridley and K. Rool blow up by sheer unity*
Somewhere.Someplace.Pit is proud

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Wow, I leave for about an hour and we got a huge grouping with the Shulk supporters. I kept thinking of an epic song like Ballard of the Goddess as I read these latest posts. This is truly amazing! These last few weeks will be the biggest showdown on the forums ever...maybe. lol Team K Ridley vs Team Blond Hair or Golden Blade or whatever we are called. This will be a day (or days) to remember! Time to gather all the troops together! Someone, give us an epic song!

In short, I hope these 6 popular characters on this discussion page get in honestly.
5-5.gif

WE RIDE MAN TO BATTLE!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

Honestly I think all four should be in... and I REALLY want both K. Rool and Isaac... :p
Ridley is my most wanted, actually.

I'm not sure what this is, but it has nothing to do with characters making it into Smash and I am determined that team Isaac/Shulk will win it. Might be a soft ball game.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
If you are a fan of previous Xeno titles, then you'll be glad to know the game matches up much more closely with them thematically in the final quarter of the game. There's a reason this song is on the sound track (slight spoiler in the song title):
The song itself reminds me a little of the Testament music from Xenosaga III. I've always really loved the holy vs corrupt theme of Xeno titles, though the Xenosaga series will still stand as some of my favourite games of all time-- especially the 3rd one, the soundtrack, gameplay, and plot were absolutely incredible (even if the plot had to be a little rushed because they had to fit it all into the 3rd game...). And there's KOS-MOS ver 4, who is perf all on her own.
And then you have Promised Pain, mngh. <3

I don't quite understand, are these character threads just teaming up to support one another, or is this literally something big that I'm totally missing out on--?

And I want to see Ridley, too. Lol!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The song itself reminds me a little of the Testament music from Xenosaga III. I've always really loved the holy vs corrupt theme of Xeno titles, though the Xenosaga series will still stand as some of my favourite games of all time-- especially the 3rd one, the soundtrack, gameplay, and plot were absolutely incredible (even if the plot had to be a little rushed because they had to fit it all into the 3rd game...). And there's KOS-MOS ver 4, who is perf all on her own.
And then you have Promised Pain, mngh. <3

I don't quite understand, are these character threads just teaming up to support one another, or is this literally something big that I'm totally missing out on--?

And I want to see Ridley, too. Lol!
Love that song. Yeah, a lot of people say the plot of Xenoblade is a "dumbed down" version of the other Xeno game, but I actually think it's just incredibly stream lined, and it can stand toe to toe with the other Xeno games.

I have no idea what's going on, I'm just saying, when things go down, I want the Isaac thread to have our backs!

(Honestly, just blowing off some steam, there has been a lot of tension between threads as we are within a month of launch. Thought we should have some fun!)

Last edited:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Love that song. Yeah, a lot of people say the plot of Xenoblade is a "dumbed down" version of the other Xeno game, but I actually think it's just incredibly stream lined, and it can stand toe to toe with the other Xeno games.

I have no idea what's going on, I'm just saying, when things go down, I want the Isaac thread to have our backs!

(Honestly, just blowing off some steam, there has been a lot of tension between threads as within a month of launch. Thought we should have some fun!)
I've heard the same reviews regarding the plot, really. But I've never been disappointed with Monolithsoft's Xeno games (even with Xenosaga II, which really wasn't nearly as 'awful' as people made it out to be), so I highly doubt I'd be disappointed with Xenoblade. The sequel looks ridiculously nice, too. :T Too bad I lack the proper hardware to play it, unless I grab a Wii U before it comes out.

Eheheh, I haven't a clue either, but it's nice to see things get so active suddenly (even though some of the hype is lost on me xD).
There has been a lot of tension, for sure. I've only been back from my life-is-really-busy-hiatus for a couple of days and things started getting pretty real in here (and everywhere else around the forums), partially because there's less than a month left until release and partially because of that leak (that I still hope is fake).

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I've heard the same reviews regarding the plot, really. But I've never been disappointed with Monolithsoft's Xeno games (even with Xenosaga II, which really wasn't nearly as 'awful' as people made it out to be), so I highly doubt I'd be disappointed with Xenoblade. The sequel looks ridiculously nice, too. :T Too bad I lack the proper hardware to play it, unless I grab a Wii U before it comes out.

Eheheh, I haven't a clue either, but it's nice to see things get so active suddenly (even though some of the hype is lost on me xD).
There has been a lot of tension, for sure. I've only been back from my life-is-really-busy-hiatus for a couple of days and things started getting pretty real in here (and everywhere else around the forums), partially because there's less than a month left until release and partially because of that leak (that I still hope is fake).
to be fair X has been said not to be a squeal but a spiritual successor to Xenoblade but yeah X looks so awesome <3

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink

It's most likely fake. It just doesn't seem right. Gematsu was thought to be real for a while. Look how that turned out. Only Sakurai has the say on it. We just have to wait for him....unless he keeps the Hype Train rocking, then IDK. lol

Still, a big team battle will be good fun and something to talk about in the future. It would be cool and maybe even legendary. Who knows.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the characters in the leak as much as I have a problem with omissions (such as Ridley, a DK rep, and Isaac) and the cuts (mostly Lucas, but Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers all hurt.)

To some of the more overzelous Shulk supporters that have come here, please remember that this is the Isaac thread and that we shouldn't a.) junk it up with too many pics and gifs and b.) even though we can have a little off topic fun, the topic here is Isaac and Golden Sun so lets do our best to not lose sight of that.

@ Rocket Raccoon Rocket Raccoon just posted this as I was typing, lol, you're probably doing a lot of thread hoping but best to talk about X in the Shulk thread. It is being described as a spiritual sequel but it may in fact be more then that, we don't know at the moment.

ChainsOfDusk

Smash Cadet
Hello all, just wanted to to say I support having a Golden Sun rep for smash 4 (hopefully Isaac). Golden Sun is without a doubt one of the most cherished gaming experiences I've had, and still surprised we only got an AT of Isaac from Brawl (which made me leap from my seat when I saw him, blew my mind!).

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
If we are having a union of fanbases, we need some music that's a little more fitting, guys. Sheesh.

The final overworld theme. First heard when Isaac and Felix finally reconcile their differences and join in a single quest.

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
If we are having a union of fanbases, we need some music that's a little more fitting, guys. Sheesh.

The final overworld theme. First heard when Isaac and Felix finally reconcile their differences and join in a single quest.
But muh TTGL reference tho.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I don't have a problem with the characters in the leak as much as I have a problem with omissions (such as Ridley, a DK rep, and Isaac) and the cuts (mostly Lucas, but Wolf, Snake, and Ice Climbers all hurt.)
This is exactly why I have a problem with it. I don't understand why there would be more clones but less unique characters, especially ones that have been highly requested! Not to mention it just didn't look very good, and looked like the pictures were taken with a potato.
To some of the more overzelous Shulk supporters that have come here, please remember that this is the Isaac thread and that we shouldn't a.) junk it up with too many pics and gifs and b.) even though we can have a little off topic fun, the topic here is Isaac and Golden Sun so lets do our best to not lose sight of that.
Thanks ;D I was having a hard time figuring out how to word this, myself.

Still, a big team battle will be good fun and something to talk about in the future. It would be cool and maybe even legendary. Who knows.
I don't know what to expect. Ahaha. xD The whole situation seems humorous.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
One of the nice things about Golden Sun reps, is, even in the worst case scenario were Isaac is brought back as an AT, we can rally for Mathew as DLC. Except apparently Mathew sucks, haven't played Dark Dawn, remember.

Top Bottom