• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I am actually glad a Shulk supporter let us hear about his input. Let's hope hand in hand for both Isaac and Shulk to be confirmed, and see as it would make Camelot and Monolith make more games (*coughGoldenSun4andXenobladeChroniclesZcough*) thanks to the success of their inclusions, and then let's all make babies.

...What are you staring at?

Last edited:

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Even if the leak is supposedly real, if you assume that that there is still room for unlockable characters ( I think people have said about 5 slots), then there's a high possibility that it could be Isaac :upsidedown: please

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
It is the dual screen gameplay which really hit home for me though! Touch screen and d-pad, perfect combo and best usage of the DS screen I have seen. Currently playing the Solo Remix which is pure touch screen and its devilishly fun, just not as awesome as the original in my opinion. Too easy but fun nonetheless. Obviously other games with maps and everything on the 2nd screen were also great!
I liked the duality of the control system, but I would have preferred controlling one character with the D-Pad, and the other with the four main buttons. Controls would be pretty much identical to controlling the top screen character, but could have cut out the touch screen commands, which I felt were just kind of annoying.

I am one of the very few with an active dislike for Shulk at this point. To temper that, I'm going to go watch a few videos of Xenoblade Chronicles and see if I can temper the distaste that has built up, none of which is the fault of the character himself..

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm more of a Shulk supporter then an Isaac supporter, but I stop by here from time to time just because I still REALLY want Isaac in the game.

There is actually a decent overlap in support groups because most of us supporters like great JRPGs. :)

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I am actually glad a Shulk supporter let us hear about his input. Let's hope hand in hand for both Isaac and Shulk to be confirmed, and see as it would make Camelot and Monolith make more games (*coughGoldenSun4andXenobladeChroniclesZcough*) thanks to the success of their inclusions, and then let's all make babies.

...What are you staring at?

let's do it brah we will make beautiful Blond hair anime style JRPG babies together shulk and Isaac the real OTP

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
I ship Sol Blade x Monado.
469.png

oh my friend shipping with the bronados is a very bad thing to do we've already have shipped Hades X Shulk, and Monado X infinite Sandwich

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Guys the Ridley and K roil Groups are forming a team.Maybe we should form a team with the shulk supporters and fight together for both characters to get in.Just maybe we all try hard are voices can be heard

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
yeah us too I stay away from most because of that Shulk threads pretty chill too compare to others but this thread looks nice from what I see minus a few bad apples I see that bash shulk but then again all threads have those even us shulk thread sometimes gets them so I never hold it against the overall fans

Edit: btw love you sag <3
I'm in a similar boat to Skyblade, but I don't actively hate Shulk. The thing that annoys me is how almost everyone seems to think that Shulk is almost guaranteed (REGARDLESS of leaks) and blows off Isaac's chances whatsoever. That's what makes me irritated about Shulk. Isaac and Shulk are literally in almost the exact same circumstances. Well, I should say, Shulk is literally in almost the exact same circumstance now that Isaac was during Brawl, in that he's got one fairly popular game behind him, but that's really about it.

Isaac, however, had two games, both of which sold better than Xenoblade. I don't have any problems with Shulk getting in... its the whole idea of Shulk getting in over Isaac that unnerves me, as well as the attitude I've seen thrown around regarding Shulk by most people.

Best-case scenario is that both Isaac and Shulk are announced in the same trailer. That's what I really want to see, even though I doubt its going to happen.

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Guys the Ridley and K roil Groups are forming a team.Maybe we should form a team with the shulk supporters and fight together for both characters to get in.Just maybe we all try hard are voices can be heard
yes we together can take down ridley and KKR let's do it the true OPT shall win!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
We just need a catchy name and banner.

Half ninja'd by @Awesomedude4444

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
team genertic anime swordfighter to make fun of the people who say both Isaac and Shulk are to anime and genertic to be in smash

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I'm in a similar boat to Skyblade, but I don't actively hate Shulk. The thing that annoys me is how almost everyone seems to think that Shulk is almost guaranteed (REGARDLESS of leaks) and blows off Isaac's chances whatsoever. That's what makes me irritated about Shulk. Isaac and Shulk are literally in almost the exact same circumstances. Well, I should say, Shulk is literally in almost the exact same circumstance now that Isaac was during Brawl, in that he's got one fairly popular game behind him, but that's really about it.

Isaac, however, had two games, both of which sold better than Xenoblade. I don't have any problems with Shulk getting in... its the whole idea of Shulk getting in over Isaac that unnerves me, as well as the attitude I've seen thrown around regarding Shulk by most people.

Best-case scenario is that both Isaac and Shulk are announced in the same trailer. That's what I really want to see, even though I doubt its going to happen.
Hey, Shulk supporter here who hopes Isaac gets in as well.

Just wanted to point out one thing that kind of irks me and I don't mean to start anything, but...

Xenoblade Chronicles sold out. The only reason why it didn't get more sales than it did was because they didn't make enough copies, so it's not a popularity issue. And I personally don't quite understand why it has to be in competition. If Isaac gets in, I won't think he crushed Shulk to get there. Same thing if Shulk gets in. Truth is, we're dealing with Sakurai here and he's unpredictable. All of this being said, Isaac does have more history and I've been expecting to see him ever since they didn't reveal him as an Assist in the Smash Direct.

So, add me to the support list. I can support both of these awesome characters. Here's to both getting in. Cheers.

Last edited:

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
Quick someone get the leader of the shulk thread on the phone

Last edited by a moderator:

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
I'm down with this. I'd rather we support each other's wishes on who gets in or not, and move on like the adults we are.

As someone who's a supporter of the Shulk thread, I'd like to join this thread if it creates a peace treaty of the sorts.

Although I haven't really played Golden Sun yet. Seems interesting, but money and games coming out this year are kinda preventing me to play it right away.

Last edited:

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
5-5.gif

WE RIDE MAN LET'S SHOW THE TITANS THAT JRPG SHALL PREVAIL IN SMASH!

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I am feeling intensively euphoric knowing that the Shulk supporters have come to share their opinion with us. ;w;

IceBreakerXY

Universal Champion
anything that stops this

From being a thing is fine by me.All hail issac and shulk

Last edited by a moderator:

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
I ship Sol Blade x Monado.
This is my new OTP.

It's like Chrom 2.0, in a sense. However, a big reason Xenoblade Chronicles sold less than Golden Sun (at least in my opinion, as I very, very, very sadly lack Xenoblade Chronicles to finish up my 'Xeno' collection) is because it had a rather limited print run. Anything with a limited print run is going to sell less in the end.
I'm down with this. I'd rather we support each other's wishes on who gets in or not, and move on like the adults we are.

As someone who's a supporter of the Shulk thread, I'd like to join this thread if it creates a peace treaty of the sorts.

Although I haven't really played Golden Sun yet. Seems interesting, but money and games coming out this year are kinda preventing me to play it right away.
Mhh, I would definitely recommend playing it! It's really amazing, especially if you remember that it was made for the GBA...
Thank you for showing support too. Hopefully both of them get in (and in the same trailer? I would sob quietly in the corner from hype).

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Xenoblade Chronicles is pretty expensive on Amazon.fr, even more than Wii U games, like, what the hell?

Sheddy

Smash Ace
NNID
bwolfy1995
3DS FC
4484-7885-0842
Xenoblade Chronicles is pretty expensive on Amazon.fr, even more than Wii U games, like, what the hell?
that's sadly is because the low amount of copies made

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
I'm gonna
Mostly has to do with it being Gamestop exclusive back in the day. Now they're collector's items in vendors that aren't Gamestop.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
anything that stops this

From being a thing is fine by me.All hail issac and shulk

If you really want the game go to gamestop.com and look it up. It is probably available at a Gamestop in your area for $50.

Edit: Just realized you are French, sorry for being small minded and American.... not sure about European prices.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
Nah guys, I'm not interested in Xenoblade Chronicles whatsoever after watching a few footage videos from it. However, I might consider getting Xenoblade Chronicles X. Nevertheless, they're J-RPGs, hence why I am gonna share the love.

Adeptmune

Smash Apprentice
This is the main reason I don't own it yet. I can't afford to drop $70+ on a good copy of the game, haha.
A small used game store here had a copy as well, but it was in 'okay-ish' shape and cost $60. Lolnah.

If you really want the game go to gamestop.com and look it up. It is probably available at a Gamestop in your area for $50.
As a Gamestop employee, I can guarantee you it's not that easy to find in our stores. Lol. At least in the US.
It's also unavailable online, new OR used. ;T

Mhh, anyway though. Here is hoping for some sort of hype-filled newcomer trailer before the game's release. I would like to see them both. Plus Ness. Maybe add in some Lucas.

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
OMG. Watch out guys, we're dealing with a [badass] Gamestop employee over here.

I'd love me some Ness to accompany Isaac's reveal trailer too.

Last edited:

Retroend

Retro Gamer
NNID
Re7ron
3DS FC
3669-1436-3958
Switch FC
SW-5947-2141-6122
I find it hard to visit most other threads as they're either too happy or too mad. This new leak business has consumed their minds completely. This thread is still rather tame, fortunately.
i just want that leak to be fake. it just doesn't seem to scream nintendo all stars to me. plus i want isaac as well as others like ridley, king k. rool, paper mario, etc. plz sakurai, show isaac to end it all!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This is the main reason I don't own it yet. I can't afford to drop $70+ on a good copy of the game, haha.
A small used game store here had a copy as well, but it was in 'okay-ish' shape and cost $60. Lolnah.

As a Gamestop employee, I can guarantee you it's not that easy to find in our stores. Lol.
It's also unavailable online, new OR used. ;T

Mhh, anyway though. Here is hoping for some sort of hype-filled newcomer trailer before the game's release. I would like to see them both. Plus Ness. Maybe add in some Lucas.
It might be because I live in a fairly metropolitan area, but I noticed if you go to this link:

http://www.gamestop.com/browse/storesearch.aspx?sku=918215

and put in your zip code you can usually find a copy for in store pick up that's not TOO far from you. Forget about ever actually getting it on Gamestop online though.

By the way, I've only actually ever played the first Golden Sun. Went through and played it for the second time ever on the Wii U, looking forward to the sequel being available since people seem to like Felix so much.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
I'd giggle like a little girl if both shulk and Isaac got in. It'd be the perfect way to settle these damn quarrels between the two characters, through good ol smash bruhs.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
By the way, I've only actually ever played the first Golden Sun. Went through and played it for the second time ever on the Wii U, looking forward to the sequel being available since people seem to like Felix so much.
Actually, if you play GS2 through to the end, Felix's not gonna be the only character you'll appreciate. That game has one of the most badass antagonists and endings in J-RPGs. :troll: Too bad Dark Dawn ruined it.

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Actually, if you play GS2 through to the end, Felix's not gonna be the only character you'll appreciate. That game has one of the most badass antagonists and endings in J-RPGs. :troll: Too bad Dark Dawn ruined it.
So skip Dark Dawn then?

Top Bottom