• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Suddenly we get Piers, going all Diamond Berg on everyone.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
How far are you in Golden Sun right now Swamp??
I just beat the Serpent and got Sand.

I'm heading over to the statue again so that I can get bonus goodies.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Go back to where you fought the Serpent, and use Sand to get by it's tail. And press A around the tail. You'll get the Cloud Brand, which is a pretty damn powerful weapon for where you are at this point.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Go back to where you fought the Serpent, and use Sand to get by it's tail. And press A around the tail. You'll get the Cloud Brand, which is a pretty damn powerful weapon for where you are at this point.
Already got it.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Hey N3ON how've you been? Good to see you back.
Thanks! I've been up and down, but I remained giddy about how close we're getting to the Smash 4 reveal the whole time. ;)

Too bad chances are Isaac probably won't be among the first revealed. Oh well, we can still hope! I'd fall out of my chair (again) if he was. ^_^

If/When Isaac gets in, who should be the assist trophy?

I'll choose Ivan.
Well if the AT retains the same effect as Isaac I'd say it'd probably be Matthew (assuming he isn't an alt outfit) or Felix. If it gets a new effect then it could either be Matthew, Felix, or pretty much any other adept. Though I'd say Matthew, Felix, Jenna, Garet, Ivan, and Mia had the best chances. Oh, or maybe Alex, that'd be pretty cool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I finally managed to get across the Suhalla desert, narrowly escaping the chasing twister. Should I go back and fight the storm lizard?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Yes. And get to Crossbone Island you lazy ass. Get dat last Venus Djinni there. Also: kill Deadbeard.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Here are some review aggregates for the entire Golden Sun series from a popular Japanese review site:

Golden Sun 1: 68 points (C)
The Lost Age: 75 points (A)
Dark Dawn: 41 points (E)

The Japanese in general are harsher critics than Westerners are. I don't think I saw a single game that had above 90 points on that review site.

So any game above 80 points is basically like a 9.5 if you were to a Western equivalent. That is why GameCube games with a review aggregate score above 80 points get an (S) grade.

I would say:

8.0+: is 9.5+ in the West
7.5+: is 9.0+ in the West
7.0+: is 8.5+ in the West
6.5+: is 8.0+ in the West.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I call shenanigans...
Mother 3 received 66 points, while FE13 received 69 points. The only game on that site I even saw that received above 85 points was actually Xenoblade (it had 90 points). So that is not a low aggregate for GS1.

Its really only Dark Dawn in which there was a lot of hate.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Gotta keep in mind that Japan gets a lot more RPG's too. You know how the first-person shooter is the genre in America? In Japan the RPG is their equivalent.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
Gotta keep in mind that Japan gets a lot more RPG's too. You know how the first-person shooter is the genre in America? In Japan the RPG is their equivalent.
I keep saying that is not a bad score for GS1. Its easily above a 8.0 if going by how the West scores things. Isaac was popularly requested in Japan during pre-Brawl. He would not have been popularly requested if they did not love the two GBA Golden Sun games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Isaac was popularly requested in Japan during pre-Brawl. He would not have been popularly requested if they did not love the two GBA Golden Sun games.
I would like to point out that despite the support, Golden Sun as a whole got limited representation in Brawl. Sounds kind of fishy.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I would like to point out that despite the support, Golden Sun as a whole got limited representation in Brawl. Sounds kind of fishy.
There were several characters ahead of Isaac obviously. He was in their top 10, but characters like King Dedede, Wolf, Toon Link, Lucas, Olimar, Lucario, Ike, and Diddy Kong got more attention. Meta Knight, Wario, and Pit were all also likely very highly requested prior to the unveil. Isaac had a very crowded field to compete with. If any series were to have had the sales success and accolades that the GBA Golden Sun games had after Brawl's release, we would likely be hailing that character as likely for Smash 4. Isaac was pretty much a victim of having to compete with lots of big names.

Secondly, the co-ownership of the Golden Sun IP between Nintendo and Camelot, probably was another reason why there was not more Golden Sun content in Brawl.

I think the negative reception of Dark Dawn was what made Camelot somber in regards to making future games in the series than anything else. However, as I have said before Camelot used to be primarily a RPG company. Most of their games prior to becoming a second-party to Nintendo were RPGs. Heck, half of the Mario Golf/Tennis games they made for Nintendo (at least the ones made for the GBC/GBA) had RPG elements.

Considering they are a smaller team now than they were during the GBA/GCN days, and considering that in a few months they will have released their Mario Golf 3DS game, they need to have some sort of new project to keep themselves busy. Their small size may make it incredibly difficult to make a Wii U Mario Golf/Tennis game. So they may try their hand at making a new Golden Sun one more time (which they absolutely should not hold back on at all, and should approach it as a proper conclusion to the series).

I think the sales for the GBA Golden Sun games on the Virtual Console could be used as gauge to see how much interest is there left in the series.

However, but still, I don't know what Camelot could work on after they finish Mario Golf 3DS considering they made a Mario Tennis 3DS game just a year earlier, and their team may be too small to make Wii U Mario Golf/Tennis games.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
I'm actually aware of Camelot's previous works. The company used to be a division of SEGA back in the 90's and primarily developed the Shining Force games along with the varies derivatives like Shining Wisdom and Shining the Holy Ark. Golden Sun is actually kind of a spiritual successor to the Shining Force games.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Ah... I just got to the western sea. So wonderful.... So calming.... So....

WHERE DA F*** DO I GO!1?1?!?!?!?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Download a walkthrough... :troll:
NO!

More fun without them....

I can see the lighthouse. I just can't get to it. Surrounded by rocks.

It's just sitting there.

Taunting me...

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.

In the western sea, there should be two small continents. Your next destination should be in the upper continent. Oh, and there is a Venus Djinni somewhere on that continent, if memory serves me; it should be in some trees, near a mountain (I forget exactly where).

...I've got to play Golden Sun again some time. It's been years since last I played through both games.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

Shaman Village.

Go to the nothern continent, Weyard's North America you could say. :laugh:

You'll find a cave somewhere leading to the Shaman Village.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
...I've got to play Golden Sun again some time. It's been years since last I played through both games.
If you don't mind spending a few dollars, you should totally wait til they are released on the VC (assuming you have or are going to get a Wii U), as, like Chrono said, the sales for the VC releases would show Camelot there's still demand for Golden Sun, which they said they were looking for to continue the series. I'm definitely going to be picking them up again. ;)

Haha, I remember signing this.

Altais

Smash Champion
If you don't mind spending a few dollars, you should totally wait til they are released on the VC (assuming you have or are going to get a Wii U), as, like Chrono said, the sales for the VC releases would show Camelot there's still demand for Golden Sun, which they said they were looking for to continue the series. I'm definitely going to be picking them up again. ;)
Hmm, sounds interesting. I might purchase them again if they do get released on the Wii U or 3DS. If they do come out on Virtual Console, hopefully data transfer will be easier; I could not stand typing that 6-page password...

I have yet to buy a Wii U, the main reason being that there are currently no games on the system to which I take a strong interest. Right now, there are only a small handful of Wii U games I am looking forward to be released; I will most likely buy one when one of those games does get released.

Maffewt said:
Interesting. I think I will sign this petition later, when I am feeling less paranoid about mine personal information. [EDIT] Just signed it, though I used mine pen name instead of mine legal name.

Hopefully Isaac will get into Smash 4, if nothing else, to increase the possibility of Golden Sun 4 being made. If it does get made, I really hope there will be no "Paths of No Return" in it.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
Hopefully Isaac will get into Smash 4, if nothing else, to increase the possibility of Golden Sun 4 being made.
I agree so much. I don't think it's always about how unique and important to a Nintendo a franchise is to make it in, but more so how much raw material there is to make the franchise standout as unique and important. So many series have received a serious boost from inclusion in Brawl to become a key Nintendo franchise, and it feels like GS is just on the verge of that...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Golden Sun 4 should make Isaac and Felix playable again. Or make Felix the main bad guy perhaps even?

He mad cuz Isaac sexed his sister

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
I want Felix to have hooked up with a Proxian just so we can have a badass Proxian Mars adept protag - Venus adepts be hoggin' the glory!

Altais

Smash Champion
I have always thought and somewhat hoped that Felix and Sheba would end up developing a chemistry. (Shrugs) I do not know why, but I think they would make an interesting pair. If it turns out in the next game that they did pair off, I would like to see their daughter or son be a playable character.

Oh, and am I the only one here whom actually liked all the talking that was in Golden Sun? Pretty much everybody I have seen or met, online or offline, has complained about the Golden Sun games having too much dialogue. I do not know about others, but it has never really bothered me. (Shrugs) Then again, I have always enjoyed most games, especially RPG's, more for the storylines and conversations than the actual gameplay, so maybe I am just an oddball amongst gamers. I must admit, there were times when I would play through mine copies of Golden Sun 1 and 2 just for the story.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Now I don't mind the talking as much, partially because I generally know the gist of what's being said so I don't read it line-by-line (so I don't know if that really counts), but when I was like nine I had no patience for all of the conversations, I just wanted to play. Especially the ones at the beginning. I like the story, I like the characters, and now I've grown to appreciate all the detail given to the dialogue, but I still find parts a little long-winded. I don't hate them though, some foolish people I know stopped playing GS entirely because they didn't like all the talking. Their loss.

Also, was I the only one who never shipped the characters? :p:laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I have always thought and somewhat hoped that Felix and Sheba would end up developing a chemistry. (Shrugs) I do not know why, but I think they would make an interesting pair. If it turns out in the next game that they did pair off, I would like to see their daughter or son be a playable character.

Oh, and am I the only one here whom actually liked all the talking that was in Golden Sun? Pretty much everybody I have seen or met, online or offline, has complained about the Golden Sun games having too much dialogue. I do not know about others, but it has never really bothered me. (Shrugs) Then again, I have always enjoyed most games, especially RPG's, more for the storylines and conversations than the actual gameplay, so maybe I am just an oddball amongst gamers. I must admit, there were times when I would play through mine copies of Golden Sun 1 and 2 just for the story.
Totally forgot about Sheba actually.

Only thing bothering me with the GS dialogue is that my batteries often died while Kraden was doing a massive speech again. But other than that I liked it. Otherwise the characters would have close to no personality.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
You know, has anyone considered a swap-out system with four separate adepts? Let's not forget that Golden Sun was rooted in FOUR elements. Isaac represents only one. How about a switch system where all four adepts can come in and fight? They can all share A moves, just with different elemental properties and specials. That would take full advantage of Golden Sun's story and characters.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
That could be either neat or a disaster. I think I'd prefer just Isaac to be included unless they could somehow do that well.

_R@bid_

Smash Journeyman
Seeing Sakurai's track record with transforming characters, I'd rather have normal Isaac. His moveset capabilities are pretty expansive already, so there's no need to go for a transform gimmick to differentiate him. Plus, four characters in one is a really scary balancing concept.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Seeing Sakurai's track record with transforming characters, I'd rather have normal Isaac. His moveset capabilities are pretty expansive already, so there's no need to go for a transform gimmick to differentiate him. Plus, four characters in one is a really scary balancing concept.
Not if they have the same A moves with different properties like Olimar's Pikmin, and just different B Psy moves. Doesn't seem that complex, especially compared to say, Zelda/Sheik or Pokemon Trainer.

Top Bottom