• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I said no F words, just B words. :(

I'm at loss of words at this moment really...

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oasis: DAT REMAKED PIC

(from that one Swapnote message you sended to me once, right? *snicker* )

N30N: Sorry for having all this in your support topic. (-;v;-)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I (Sept. 19th)'ed a copy of Golden Sun to see how the game was.

The intro is a bit bland but I'm seriously liking the game. Isaac is one of my most wanted newcomers now. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Agreed. If you love it already now, chances are you gonna like it even better.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I (Sept. 19th)'ed a copy of Golden Sun to see how the game was.

The intro is a bit bland but I'm seriously liking the game. Isaac is one of my most wanted newcomers now. :awesome:
That's great to hear, I'm always glad people still have enough interest to go and try GS. Especially when they wind up liking it. ;)

If you have a Wii U, or are planning on getting one, I'd encourage you to wait to get GS2 on the VC (when it comes out, and if you can wait that long) instead of (Sept. 19th)ing it. Every purchase of a GS game nowadays will count towards showing Camelot there is still interest in a fourth. It probably won't be very expensive of anything. You totally don't have to, but as a GS fan now, it would help the cause....

Anyway, just glad to hear you're all for Isaac! ^_^

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
lol, you got the reference. And BTW, will GS also be released for 3DS virtual console?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
lol, you got the reference. And BTW, will GS also be released for 3DS virtual console?
I really hope so, but as of now we don't even have news of any non-Ambassador GBA games being released, so it probably will happen eventually, but I'd guess not for a while, so it'd be pretty understandable if you don't wait that long to play GS2. I couldn't wait that long. :laugh:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I used to borrow the first Golden Sun game from my cousin when I was younger. Damn, did I hate the times I had tomturn it back to him. I don't think I've EVER borrowed a game as much as Golden Sun in my life. I ended up buying TLA myself however, which in return I also let my cousin borrow. :awesome:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I'm an Oasis doodle. Once upon a time, I was the apple of his eye.

STAR CATS!

You, Me, Pigma and Goroh (Who share arwings. They're comic relief)

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You're quite lucky you've got to be an Oasis doodle, I'll have to settle for having Djinn served to me on a Silver platter by Maid Oasis, and constant reminders of enema pans and fudge. Oh gawd.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see this idea posted so i thought id throw it out there.

What if all of Isaac's A attacks were based on his Djinn. The really prominent ones that come to mind are: his first Flint, his last bane, sap, and Felix's first echo.

This is how it would work, he uses his sword and acts like a normal fighter but if he hasn't used this particular move yet itll get a bonus based on the djinn assigned to it. and for those of you who don't know the gs games those would be flint-extra damage, bane-poison the enemy, sap-steal a bit of the enemy's health, and echo-slash at the enemy a second time for more damage.

(this is where it gets technical and only gs fans will get it)

if isaac makes the hit the djinn will be "set" meaning the next time he did the same attack it wouldnt get the bonus. isaac would therefore be weaker just like he is in the game. side note-you can set all 4 djinn on isaac.

his b moves would be: summon, move, rockfall, and teleport

here's the rundown, move is the big green hand everybody knows and loves. id say this would be best as (-->B). rockfall would act like pikachu's thunder but its chargeable and shoots up. the rocks coming out of the ground would force people up, how high they go depends on how long you charge. a beam of light will shoot to the top though but that will only stun and do damage like fox's gun.(B) teleport is just a teleporting move, but unlike pizzaman i think it would be cool if they referenced felix's ability to turn into sand. so essentially isaac would turn into sand and teleport into the new position. but thats not important its just looks.

Isaac's claim to fame would be the ability to summon. and the move depends on the amount of djinn are "set"
if 0 djinn are set then nothing happens
if 1 is set then he summons venus (imagine shiek's needle storm)
if 2 are set then he summons
Ramses: (imagine samus' charged shot but instead its a giant fist.)
if 3 are set then he summons
Cybele: veins shoot out of the ground, (imagine ness' pk fire but bigger)
if 4 are set then he summons
Judgment: a medium sized blue ball shoots down from out of the sky then expands and does damage for a limited time.
(the bigger the summon the more damage itll cause)

after he has summoned the djinn are off set meaning he can get the bonus in his a attacks again.

i think this move set and play style would strike really true to its roots. in theory it would be about balance, prepping your djinn and letting off summons.

but thats just a theory. any thoughts?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Summons besides a Final Smash would be extremely hard to implement in Isaac's moveset. But damn, how I'd love it ifmthey could make it work!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I'd like to think that Isaac could use his catch psynergy for throw moves. It could done in a similar fashion as Link's and Samus' throws. Maybe he could have the recovery option too.

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I'd love to see it too. honestly I jizzed my pants when I saw that giant green hand in dojo because I thought it was such a good way to show Isaac off. I'd love to see more of it but i wouldnt want it to break true from the game. I mean, in the game the hand didnt act like a hook shot. you had to reselect the ability each time you pushed something in a different direction. I think it would be best if his grab was like mewtwo's. where he would physically grab the person then use the catch to throw them. plus this would make a little more sense because he wouldnt be able to grab the ledge with the green hand like link can you know

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You know.... I've been thinking...

What taunts would Isaac have?

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd rather have him have the '...' emoticon from Golden Sun. Implying he's meditating or something. And a nice throwback to him being a mute in the original game.

Also, he could have a taunt where he lifts some pebbles from the ground with Psynergy. Or have a taunt involving a random Venus Djinni?

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
Since GoldenSun was the first ever game I ever got hooked on I would love there to be at least one playable character from GS in Smash 4. As for possible move sets I do reckon Quake would make a good down + B move if it worked similar to DK's down + B move.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I didn't see this idea posted so i thought id throw it out there.

What if all of Isaac's A attacks were based on his Djinn. The really prominent ones that come to mind are: his first Flint, his last bane, sap, and Felix's first echo.

This is how it would work, he uses his sword and acts like a normal fighter but if he hasn't used this particular move yet itll get a bonus based on the djinn assigned to it. and for those of you who don't know the gs games those would be flint-extra damage, bane-poison the enemy, sap-steal a bit of the enemy's health, and echo-slash at the enemy a second time for more damage.

(this is where it gets technical and only gs fans will get it)

if isaac makes the hit the djinn will be "set" meaning the next time he did the same attack it wouldnt get the bonus. isaac would therefore be weaker just like he is in the game. side note-you can set all 4 djinn on isaac.

but thats just a theory. any thoughts?
I'm a bit confused as to how the djinn would actually be "used". Any A attack would trigger a djinn? And do the djinn go in order (Flint -> Bane -> Sap -> Echo) or are they random?

So, hypothetically, if he did his standard A attack, his Bair, his down Smash, and his dash attack (just examples) in that order would he use his four djinn? What if he had an A,A or A,A,A neutral combo? Would that use two/three?

In any case, Isaac would use up all his Djinn relatively soon, and depending on how powerful his summons were (especially Judgment), it might get a little overpowered. Perhaps he would have to wait a certain amount of time before being able to use another djinn? Maybe the djinn should also be limited to just his Smash attacks or something. Flint and Sap's effects would probably be wasted if used on a normal A attack, and Echo might unnecessarily complicate some of Isaac's other attacks.

I think Summons would also work best as an FS, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, pretty interesting idea. I've heard the "djinn being set and effecting the summon" idea before, but not quite like this.

You know.... I've been thinking...

What taunts would Isaac have?
I think a taunt involving a Venus djinn is pretty inevitable, it'll probably just spin around him or something.

The emoticon ideas are also pretty interesting. Maybe he'll have a different emoticon depending on how the battle is going...

Other than that, the floating rock/pebbles are probably also pretty likely, as well as maybe those psynergy rings surrounding Isaac, his scarf being whipped around, him spinning his sword around or something, or just him messing around with some Venus energy. Lots of different option really, and most are pretty good ideas. :D

Jak_spoon

Smash Journeyman
I'm a bit confused as to how the djinn would actually be "used". Any A attack would trigger a djinn? And do the djinn go in order (Flint -> Bane -> Sap -> Echo) or are they random?

So, hypothetically, if he did his standard A attack, his Bair, his down Smash, and his dash attack (just examples) in that order would he use his four djinn? What if he had an A,A or A,A,A neutral combo? Would that use two/three?

In any case, Isaac would use up all his Djinn relatively soon, and depending on how powerful his summons were (especially Judgment), it might get a little overpowered. Perhaps he would have to wait a certain amount of time before being able to use another djinn? Maybe the djinn should also be limited to just his Smash attacks or something. Flint and Sap's effects would probably be wasted if used on a normal A attack, and Echo might unnecessarily complicate some of Isaac's other attacks.

I think Summons would also work best as an FS, but that's just my opinion.

Anyway, pretty interesting idea. I've heard the "djinn being set and effecting the summon" idea before, but not quite like this.
I generally thought that each one would be assigned a direction. like (up A) would be bane, (side A) would be flint and so on. that way the player would be encouraged to not spam the same attack and it would be harder to activate all four because you'd become predictable. like if ive already activated the djinn set to (up A)(down A)and(AAA) then my opponent will know that (side A) is coming.

but you got me thinking, what if...

(smash attacks) activated flint---flint would cause extra damage
(A,A,A) activated echo---extra damage
(grab up) activated sap---steal health
(aerials) activated bane---inflict poison
(shield) activated granite---shield would only take 50% of damage
[choose any combo of 4]

does that make any sense?

on a side note: having them come out after every attack would be insanely crazy but it has a lot of potential.but i have no idea where to begin trying to balance that though.

dear lord isaac has the potential to be such a fun character to play

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Isaac recolours made my me. The character on whom it is based is written on the bottom left corner.

[collapse=Recolours]

[/collapse]

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Those recolors are pretty good! However I'd probably darken the hair a bit on the Jenna palette.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Those recolors are pretty good! However I'd probably darken the hair a bit on the Jenna palette.
Glad you liked them! :)

As for the hair, I found rescolouring them absurdly difficult. GIMP doesn't properly allow me to recolour his hair properly to any dark colour. So I did not change his hair for Felix and Jenna.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Isaac recolours made my me. The character on whom it is based is written on the bottom left corner.

[collapse=Recolours]

[/collapse]
Those look pretty good. Though I'm a bit surprised that you didn't go with a color that looked like Mia. Also, you did this with GIMP? That's pretty cool.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I wanted to do a both a Mia and a Sheba recolour. But I just couldn't recolour the dress to a proper white. So I just gave up on them. :/

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No problem. Jenna is Isaac's waifu so no stress she's the only female.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I wanted to do a both a Mia and a Sheba recolour. But I just couldn't recolour the dress to a proper white. So I just gave up on them. :/
Ah Ok. That must've been annoying been annoying to deal with.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
The Felix costume should actually have brown hair though.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah, it makes sense, but it seems a little overly and unnecessarily complicated, though it does represent the Djinn mechanic well. Also, it still seems a little unbalanced. For example, if Isaac continually used Flint and did a single summon, it would be a bit overpowered. I still think Djinn would work best if used sparingly, and a summon would be best as a FS, but it definitely is an idea I hadn't heard before.

[collapse=Recolours]

[/collapse]
Good recolours FalKoopa. ^_^
Especially since they were made with GIMP. ;)

Next time I update the OP I'll probably add them in, but afterwards (directed at everyone) I'm not going to be adding any more recolours. By no means should any of you stop making recolours and/or posting them if you want to, but the OP is getting fairly crowded, so I want to keep it from getting too cluttered.

I enjoy seeing all the Isaac-related art and ideas though, so keep them coming. :grin:

Top Bottom