• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I personally see Chrom as more likely than Isaac though. But bothh have good chances go make it in.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Can I just meet in the middle? :)
Maybe?

I don't think Ghirahim, for example, has chances as high as you claim and I am a Ghirahim supporter. Just try to keep an open mind and think about all possibilities instead of expecting anything. I say this because I was not too different from you during Pre-Brawl.

Maybe?

I don't think Ghirahim, for example, has chances as high as you claim and I am a Ghirahim supporter. Just try to keep an open mind and think about all possibilities instead of expecting anything. I say this because I was not too different from you during Pre-Brawl.
Ok, will try my best

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
1. I said I could still see Isaac, I just feel they would go with adult self. Doesn't matter which version though.
If it doesn't matter, don't specify. ;)

2. I just can't see Saki over Isa. More recent, the localized hero physically, and his moveset would be impacted by the jetpack.
Technically both have been localized, and one was popular enough to warrant the other, which didn't turn out to be popular, and one has appeared in Smash before, which is more promotion than he'd ever get through his own series, but yeah, S&P's original exclusivity is the only reason Saki's chances are a little more questionable to be his series rep than Isaac's.

3. Yes, Chrom does have a decent (not high) chance. But he does still have quite the chance because of his game's popularity. He is above Roy because of that.
Not really. If game popularity mattered more than character popularity, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephraim, or Eirika would've been included before Ike.

4. Xenoblade is popular, especially outside of America. Shulk is a well liked character, he has a good shot.
Xenoblade is mostly popular in Japan. Honestly any series other than Punch-Out and Wii has a fairly decent chance, but as none of them really stand out above the others (though Xenoblade and GS are the highest), I'd be hesitant to say they have a "good" chance. Of course decent is still better than average, and I hardly think they have a "bad" chance, but I don't think Shulk is on the same level as someone like Takamaru, who indeed has quite a "good" chance.

5. Teenage Isaac is possible, but it is no guarantee we will get that version if he is in. Which a lot of people are betting on it appears
There's no guarantee it'll be adult Isaac, you shouldn't treat it like it is. If Sakurai wanted a rep from Dark Dawn, he'd pick Matthew, not adult Isaac. If Sakurai wanted a rep that best represents the whole series, he'd pick teenage Isaac (the face of the series). Adult Isaac just isn't going to be playable as anything more than a possible alt. costume.

6. No, I am not saying that about Travis and Aeron. But I am saying they are more likely than what people give them. Suda is likely to go to Sakurai, and No More Heroes was one of the biggest new 3rd party IPs on the Wii. Aeron could be a possible choice, evne if an AT, because of his moveset potential and being a new Nintendo IP.
Moveset potential (as almost every character has it) and being a new IP do not contribute towards a character's chances. If anything, being a new IP is detrimental for their chances, as often they don't reach the level of merit Sakurai is looking for yet. And AT is possible, yes, but that's hardly the same as a playable character.

And Travis getting in hinges on Suda51 actually approaching Sakurai and Sakurai accepting. Him saying he'd like Travis in the game is hardly the same as him approaching Sakurai. Inafune said he wouldn't have minded Mega Man in Brawl. Team Meat said they'd like Meat Boy in SSB4, Akihiro Hino said he'd like seeing Layton in Smash, Kamiya said he'd be fine with Bayonetta in Smash, the Tales producer said he wants Tales characters in Smash. Wanting something and actually approaching Sakurai (which so far has only happened once to our knowledge) are totally different things.

Plus, you putting Aeron and Travis in a category above Isaac and Saki is saying that.

7. Nope, I don't see Pandora's Tower next to them. But is semi high on the list.
How so? It is an unproven IP that hasn't done very well anywhere. Xenoblade and The Last Story are more popular. Hell, in addition Punch-Out, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Legendary Starfy, Wii/Mii, Dillon, Pushmo, and Band Brothers are more popular, and more succesful, just off the top of my head. Because it's new? Lol.

8. I say around 3-5 new IPs (non retro and 3rd party). If I had to give my choices they would be Golden Sun, Sin & Punishment, Punchout, Wii series, and Xenoblade.
Yeah it's... possible, but with 1-2 retros and 1-2 third-parties that's already like 7-9 new series, which is extremely unlikely.

9. It is not like all of my predictions are very high on my want to see list. My higher ups are Ghirahim, Shulk, Micaiah, Isa, and Mega-Man. All of them have a chance. Three of them a good chance.
Mega Man and Shulk have good/decent chances. The other three range from possible to unlikely.

If the roster is a disappointment to me, it will be. I am just looking at the past three games and trying to come up with what is possible. Ever since I saw ECCWii's video on YouTube at the end of 2011, it slightly impacted my views on what the roster could be. My time on Facebook, IGN, and here (the SmashBoards) have helped my view on stuff as well.
I would honestly take what is said anywhere other than Smashboards with a grain of salt. Some places other than here often some decent speculation, but IGN, Facebook, and Youtube are hardly really the best places. What's said here should leave the biggest impact on you.

If it doesn't matter, don't specify. ;)

Technically both have been localized, and one was popular enough to warrant the other, which didn't turn out to be popular, and one has appeared in Smash before, which is more promotion than he'd ever get through his own series, but yeah, S&P's original exclusivity is the only reason Saki's chances are a little more questionable to be his series rep than Isaac's.

Not really. If game popularity mattered more than character popularity, Lyn, Hector, Eliwood, Ephraim, or Eirika would've been included before Ike.

Xenoblade is mostly popular in Japan. Honestly any series other than Punch-Out and Wii has a fairly decent chance, but as none of them really stand out above the others (though Xenoblade and GS are the highest), I'd be hesitant to say they have a "good" chance. Of course decent is still better than average, and I hardly think they have a "bad" chance, but I don't think Shulk is on the same level as someone like Takamaru, who indeed has quite a "good" chance.

There's no guarantee it'll be adult Isaac, you shouldn't treat it like it is. If Sakurai wanted a rep from Dark Dawn, he'd pick Matthew, not adult Isaac. If Sakurai wanted a rep that best represents the whole series, he'd pick teenage Isaac (the face of the series). Adult Isaac just isn't going to be playable as anything more than a possible alt. costume.

Moveset potential (as almost every character has it) and being a new IP do not contribute towards a character's chances. If anything, being a new IP is detrimental for their chances, as often they don't reach the level of merit Sakurai is looking for yet. And AT is possible, yes, but that's hardly the same as a playable character.

And Travis getting in hinges on Suda51 actually approaching Sakurai and Sakurai accepting. Him saying he'd like Travis in the game is hardly the same as him approaching Sakurai. Inafune said he wouldn't have minded Mega Man in Brawl. Team Meat said they'd like Meat Boy in SSB4, Akihiro Hino said he'd like seeing Layton in Smash, Kamiya said he'd be fine with Bayonetta in Smash, the Tales producer said he wants Tales characters in Smash. Wanting something and actually approaching Sakurai (which so far has only happened once to our knowledge) are totally different things.

Plus, you putting Aeron and Travis in a category above Isaac and Saki is saying that.

How so? It is an unproven IP that hasn't done very well anywhere. Xenoblade and The Last Story are more popular. Hell, in addition Punch-Out, Golden Sun, Advance Wars, Custom Robo, Sin & Punishment, Legendary Starfy, Wii/Mii, Dillon, Pushmo, and Band Brothers are more popular, and more succesful, just off the top of my head. Because it's new? Lol.

Yeah it's... possible, but with 1-2 retros and 1-2 third-parties that's already like 7-9 new series, which is extremely unlikely.

Mega Man and Shulk have good/decent chances. The other three range from possible to unlikely.

I would honestly take what is said anywhere other than Smashboards with a grain of salt. Some places other than here often some decent speculation, but IGN, Facebook, and Youtube are hardly really the best places. What's said here should leave the biggest impact on you.
1. I specify because it would determine how Isaac fights, and looks.

2. Both have been localized, but only one physically XD

3. Fire Emblem is seriously a mixed bag.

4. I think Xenoblade would get a rep because of overall popularity (being a big game on the Wii and the efforts Operation Rainfall did). It show how many people liked it, and Shulk was a good main character. Also pushes Monolithsoft for the X release.

5. No guarantee, but I "feel" that would be the version.

6. Moveset potential should at least be considered, considering it impacts how they fight and how different the roster will feel. I feel like, unlike Inafune, that Suda would actually go to Sakurai like Kojima did. Also Adult Isaac was above them.

7. Not likely, but still possible alongside that list.

8. Still possible to get that manym alongside the retro, 3rd party, and franchises already repped. Especially since a lot (not all) of the fighters to add are from non repped franchises right now.

9. Mega-Man - Good
Shulk - Good
Ghirahim - Good
Micaiah - Possible/Semi Good
Isa - Possible/Ok

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Dragon. This only two in you list with a good shot are Megaman and Shulk. The others are unlikely to near impossible.

Ghirahim is a one shot Zelda character. He's like Midna and Skull Kid. Not happening.

Isa is debateable.

Michiah no.
Pretty much with a Skyward Sword focus for the Zelda roster, SS Link and Zelda would need a villain. Ganondorf can't do that this time, so Ghirahim is the logical choice. While Ganondorf turns into Wind Waker HD self for Toon Link.

Isa is practically THE Sin & Punishment choice (Isaac still makes sense for Golden Sun, Saki doesn't really for Sin & Punishment).

How is Micaiah a no? I thought we didn't work in guarantees either way? I think she is still quite possible.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Pretty much with a Skyward Sword focus for the Zelda roster, SS Link and Zelda would need a villain. Ganondorf can't do that this time, so Ghirahim is the logical choice. While Ganondorf turns into Wind Waker HD self for Toon Link.

Isa is practically THE Sin & Punishment choice (Isaac still makes sense for Golden Sun, Saki doesn't really for Sin & Punishment).

How is Micaiah a no? I thought we didn't work in guarantees either way? I think she is still quite possible.
We don't even know if Link and Zelda will have their SS designs. It could be from the WII U tech demo for all we no.

Saki is the Marth of the series. Unless Isa makes another appearance, Saki will get in due to seniority.

Well, yeah no one is sure on anything. :p I just don't think Michiah will even be considered.

We don't even know if Link and Zelda will have their SS designs. It could be from the WII U tech demo for all we no.

Saki is the Marth of the series. Unless Isa makes another appearance, Saki will get in due to seniority.

Well, yeah no one is sure on anything. :p I just don't think Michiah will even be considered.
But Zelda has no tech demo look, and I doubt the TP like design (from a tech demo) would be used over an actual game like SS.

There are only two S&P games, Saki mains one and Isa mains the others. How how seniority work FROM ONE APPEARANCE? He is not like Marth, Marth showed up in more than one game.

I think she is in the top 5 possible choices alongside Chrom, Lucina, Sheeda, and Lyn.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But Zelda has no tech demo look, and I doubt the TP like design (from a tech demo) would be used over an actual game like SS.

There are only two S&P games, Saki mains one and Isa mains the others. How how seniority work FROM ONE APPEARANCE? He is not like Marth, Marth showed up in more than one game.

I think she is in the top 5 possible choices alongside Chrom, Lucina, Sheeda, and Lyn.
It happened for Melee.

Saki is older and showed up first. That's how seniority works.

No Roy? I think it's only a competition between Chrom and Roy.

It happened for Melee.

Saki is older and showed up first. That's how seniority works.

No Roy? I think it's only a competition between Chrom and Roy.
They were still practically Ocarina of Time in Melee, case in point Zelda was not in that tech demo.

I know how seniority works, but it is no guarantee they would use that. Like I said, I thought we didn't work in guarantees. :laugh:

I don't see Roy returning. I see Chrom as very likely and Micaiah, Sheeda, Lucina, and Lyn fighting for a female spot (and I have said why Micaiah should be the choice compared to the other 3).

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
They were still practically Ocarina of Time in Melee, case in point Zelda was not in that tech demo.

I know how seniority works, but it is no guarantee they would use that. Like I said, I thought we didn't work in guarantees. :laugh:

I don't see Roy returning. I see Chrom as very likely and Micaiah, Sheeda, Lucina, and Lyn fighting for a female spot (and I have said why Micaiah should be the choice compared to the other 3).
Wii U tech demo is essentially TP. Same case really.

Fair enough. :p

Sakurai doesn't really care about gender. You know that right?

And we are getting off topic! Do you think Isaac should have a special gimmick that allows him to set Djinn in his moveset?

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

Link, Zelda and Young Link were all based on Ocarina of Time, albeit with better models. Ganondorf's model was taken from the SpaceWorld 2000 tech demo, even the sword.

About Isaac, I think his younger version is more likely, as it's the most familiar one, appearing in two out of three games as a main character. Smash Bros. Brawl had this incarnation as an AT. This would lead to a similar case to Ike, in which Brawl was released after Radiant Dawn, yet had Ike in his Path of Radiance attire.

Wii U tech demo is essentially TP. Same case really.

Fair enough. :p

Sakurai doesn't really care about gender. You know that right?

And we are getting off topic! Do you think Isaac should have a special gimmick that allows him to set Djinn in his moveset?
But would they really choose that over the 25th Anniversary game like SS? The actual Wii release? Just saying.

Ok

I think I heard from someone that they saw an article where Sakurai wanted more female characters.

And yes I think Matthew/Isaac would not just be a sword user and would use his Djinn in the moveset.

Link, Zelda and Young Link were all based on Ocarina of Time, albeit with better models. Ganondorf's model was taken from the SpaceWorld 2000 tech demo, even the sword.

About Isaac, I think his younger version is more likely, as it's the most familiar one, appearing in two out of three games as a main character. Smash Bros. Brawl had this incarnation as an AT. This would lead to a similar case to Ike, in which Brawl was released after Radiant Dawn, yet had Ike in his Path of Radiance attire.
Still the latest MAJOR release for Link and Zelda at least. Same thing applies here, the latest major release, Skyward Sword, impacts Link and Zelda. It wouldn't impact Ganondorf who would either stay Twilight Princess, go to Ocarina of Time 3D, or go to Wind Waker HD.

That was Isaac's form in Brawl because that was his ONLY form at the time. Now there is an Adult form and a new main character, his son Matthew.

Also, I would assume, that Ike was being worked on before Radiant even came out (in Japan). Thus the latest form at the time was only the Path of Radiance form. And Brawl was based off of the Gamecube/GBA/Early DS anyways.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
But would they really choose that over the 25th Anniversary game like SS? The actual Wii release? Just saying.

I think I heard from someone that they saw an article where Sakurai wanted more female characters.

And yes I think Matthew/Isaac would not just be a sword user and would use his Djinn in the moveset.
Yeah. Probably.

Link?

But how would that work I wonder.... Maybe he could set a Djinn and get a power boost for a time?

Yeah. Probably.

Link?

But how would that work I wonder.... Maybe he could set a Djinn and get a power boost for a time?
I wouldn't think so because it was just a tech demo of a character design from 2006. Just my two cents.

Don't have a link but I think I heard someone say so. And I would believe so since the lack of female characters (when Nintendo has so many of them that could get in from Lyn and Micaiah to Krystal, Captain Syrup, and Palutena).

Don't really know.

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I wouldn't think so because it was just a tech demo of a character design from 2006. Just my two cents.

Don't have a link but I think I heard someone say so. And I would believe so since the lack of female characters (when Nintendo has so many of them that could get in from Lyn and Micaiah to Krystal, Captain Syrup, and Palutena).

Don't really know.
2006? What?

I don't think he ever said that.

N3ON, you have any idea?

Swamp Sensei

BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
The tech demo is basically the Twilight Princess design with more color.

He probably didn't, but there should still be more female characters than just Zelda, Samus, and Nana.
Space worlds is just OoT with better graphics.

No Peach? D:

That question is still there for N3ON.

Space worlds is just OoT with better graphics.

No Peach? D:

That question is still there for N3ON.
But Space World only appears to have affected Ganondorf, not Link and Zelda. This time could be the same with SS affecting Link and Zelda, while anything else appears to affect Ganondorf (maybe WWHD to give Toon Link an enemy).

Oops, forgot Peach. Sorry about that.

But those 3.5 with at least three more would be nice. Maybe Micaiah, Palutena, and Captain Syrup/Mona. Also Zoroark would count if it is the movie version. Like I said, good list to pick from.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
That was Isaac's form in Brawl because that was his ONLY form at the time. Now there is an Adult form and a new main character, his son Matthew.
An adult form that less people recognize and is not a main character. Matthew could be an alt for Isaac, though.

Adult Isaac is the least likely, in my opinion, mainly due to lack of status as a main character.

Isaac and Matthew have both better chances, with Isaac having the highest. The first had two appearances contrasting with the latter's one. Both were main characters.

Now, we have to take Camelot's desires with the franchise: they said that the first Golden Sun games were a prologue to a bigger story. That gives an upper hand to Matthew, but turning Isaac in a similar situation as Marth for being the first main character of the franchise.

Considering all of this, it's either young Isaac or Matthew, with the chances currently favoring Isaac (this could change in the future).

An adult form that less people recognize and is not a main character. Matthew could be an alt for Isaac, though.

Adult Isaac is the least likely, in my opinion, mainly due to lack of status as a main character.

Isaac and Matthew have both better chances, with Isaac having the highest. The first had two appearances contrasting with the latter's one. Both were main characters.

Now, we have to take Camelot's desires with the franchise: they said that the first Golden Sun games were a prologue to a bigger story. That gives an upper hand to Matthew, but turning Isaac in a similar situation as Marth for being the first main character of the franchise.

Considering all of this, it's either young Isaac or Matthew, with the chances currently favoring Isaac (this could change in the future).
It will also be considering who the main character of the next game could/would be.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Sorry I'm late. I wouldn't get too invested debating DSN. He pretty much treats his feelings and bias as undeniable truths and largely dismisses opposing facts and opinion when they clash with his own, no matter how many people disagree with him.

As for how he would use his Djinn, I have a few ideas, it could be one of his specials where he does a standard hit with a rotating or varying Djinn effect, based on the actual different Djinn effects (including a possible power boost), or it could just be a random added effect a certain percentage of the time he does a normal attack, such as a Smash attack or something. I'll go into more detail another time, I'm pretty tired. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I think Smash attacks would be a good idea as a special gimmick. His Smash attacks would be much stronger when the Djinni is in effect, and would be regular sword attacks if the Djinni is not 'set'. After usage it takes a little time for the Smash attacks to become as strong again, and when it does, Isaac is engulfed in white light for a second and you hear the Djinni set music from Golden Sun.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Y'know, I don't really know anything about this Djinn thing but I'm going to presume it would just over-complicate things. I think Isaac is just fine as a ground-type Pokemon.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Funny thing you mentoin Pokemon, cause Djinni kinda look like Pokemon. Take the Venus Djinni for example:

They do much more than just being collectables. When you have about 2 of the same kind, your character becomes a different 'class'. And that means increased stats, abilities, and new Psynergy. You can also use them in battle for a strong attack, or sometimes creating an effect as a strong barrier, increase your stats, hold the enemy down for a turn, just about everything. You however do lose strenght when using them, cause your class either goes back to default or just becomes weaker statisically, but if you use many Djinni in battle you can use Summons to seriously kick some ass.

This happens for example when you have 4 Venus Djinni on set:

And here's every Summon, from the game Golden Sun: The Lost Age (sequel to Isaac's game, where he's playable to, WITH DIALOGE!)

Djinni, Psynergy and Summons are basically what makes Golden Sun. And allow for many different kind of strategies. Hence why I love the series so much.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I gotta agree with Oaster tho- Djinn would really work more suitably as Pokeball meets Dragoon (or more developed version of Dragoon with it's summons)
I guess you could let Isaac carry Flint with him but only for dealing blows that can cleave a stone. (-l´l);

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
SakiMonster looks like he could be a summon for Isaac.

*WINKNUDGEHORSETAILeven though I didn't really allude to GoldenSin???*

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
So what Djinn does one need to summon him? :laugh:

Thinking about that scenario made me think of the whole "Alphonse Elric's Globbering Time"s. Saki wrecking **** for his buddy Isaac.

/It was about time too, HE-HE-HEH./

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE, IKE-SEME? YOU CAN'T TELL US WHAT TO DO BRO.

I am so tired and my back hurts.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Get a massage and stop ******** bro.

New avatar is as flamboyant as ever.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
First of all, the F-word you are looking for is FESTIVE, and second I did this: