• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Exactly! Aside from Pokémon and Fire Emblem, Golden Sun was easily considered the best GBA RPG. Not too sure of the DS, have missed many games on that system. Plus, Isaac had a role in all 3 games. He's easily the most regocnisable character from the series (also cause Matthew looks so similar to him).

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
@N3ON
I see that there is still an instance of multiple collapse tags in the OP. It can be fixed by selecting the collapse tags and removing the formatting by clicking the rubber icon on the top left.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Even the GBA FE's and the GBA Pokemanz (asides from emerald) were received around the same level as Golden Sun. The only GBA RPG I can even think of that highlights the GBA era more is Mother 3 and we have at least some representation for that already.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Almost close to finishing Golden Sun though Fall?

Oh yeah kinda forgot about Mother 3 :laugh: Then again, Lucas had luck Ness was already in since 64.

Speaking of, will they give Isaac a gaint head to, like the other Psychics: Mewtwo, Lucas and Ness? :p He wouldn't really fit in otherwise would he? :laugh:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It would be epic if at this E3 they confirmed Golden Sun 4. I'm not holding my breath for that or anything. However, it would make me feel so much more confident about Isaac (or Matthew) getting in as playable.

I suppose Dark Dawn raises their chances quite a bit, but it would be even better to have an upcoming title.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
A Golden Sun at this E3 would totally blow me away and catch me off guard (because of Mario Golf World Tour) but if somehow we did get it, it would be fantastic for the chances of a GS character in SSB4. Ofc we probably won't see Camelot's next project until at least 2014. Games being announced this year are IMO the last games that might have an effect on the playable roster, considering Sakurai has probably known about most of them since last year.

@N3ON
I see that there is still an instance of multiple collapse tags in the OP. It can be fixed by selecting the collapse tags and removing the formatting by clicking the rubber icon on the top left.
Thanks ;)

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Isaac is currently in 5th place on Shortie's poll for most wanted newcomer if one counts Mewtwo (who's number 1), behind him, Mega Man, Ridley and K. Rool. Seems like Isaac has a really good shot. I'd be surprised if he didn't make it in. Golden Sun deserves representation.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Isaac is currently in 5th place on Shortie's poll for most wanted newcomer if one counts Mewtwo (who's number 1), behind him, Mega Man, Ridley and K. Rool. Seems like Isaac has a really good shot. I'd be surprised if he didn't make it in. Golden Sun deserves representation.
Wait. What happened to Little Mac, Roy and Palutena?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think he's referring to the actual poll in the poll thread. Most people stopped voting on that one a while ago, Ultinarok.

On the most recent poll he's ninth. At least, last time I checked. Still pretty good for a character who hasn't had a large role in ten years, and never made it into Smash. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'd also be very upset if they left Golden Sun as it is right now. Even if it takes another 5 years, I think they'll make another game.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think he's referring to the actual poll in the poll thread. Most people stopped voting on that one a while ago, Ultinarok.

On the most recent poll he's ninth. At least, last time I checked. Still pretty good for a character who hasn't had a large role in ten years, and never made it into Smash. :awesome:

Ah right right. I thought the poll seemed oddly empty of certain characters like Impa. Nonetheless, that's a pretty good position. Only losing out to the shoe-ins and the super popular's is a pretty good place to be.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I wish they could just make another GS game with Isaac and pals as the main characters. Have him team up with his son's group or something.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
A remake of the first two games would also be awesome.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
At this point, I'd be satisfied with anything.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Heck I'd take Golden Sun Tennis right now...

Isaac's Sol Racket takes out a howl!
MEDIGO!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
With new Psynergy moves as: Forehand, Backhand, and Service.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
What if they announced a new Golden Sun game... featuring an entirely new character cast?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
What if they announced a new Golden Sun game... featuring an entirely new character cast?
Could happen. They could pull a GS2 and make a totally new playable party (though Felix, Jenna, and Sheba weren't technically new - just previously unplayable), even though eventually the previous party joined them. Though I think you mean more without any of the existing characters, at all. Considering they said this was the beginning of the "main story" and they left it on a cliffhanger, that'd kind suck if they didn't conclude it. But if it's a new GS game, that's better than nothing, and I won't complain much.

Also I'd buy Golden Sun Tennis. The amount of cheating in that game would be incredible, I'd love it. :awesome:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774

I wouldn't expect that. Unless they are gonna do a prequel, cause apperantly, Dark Dawn had a sort of open ending.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I haven't posted on Smashboards since the Brawl release. I spent a lot of time reading and posting in the Isaac thread of yore. Here's hoping Golden Sun gets better representation this time around.

Go Isaac!

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I haven't posted on Smashboards since the Brawl release. I spent a lot of time reading and posting in the Isaac thread of yore. Here's hoping Golden Sun gets better representation this time around.

Go Isaac!
Whoa... Arteen! It's been a long time! I don't know if you remember me at all. But I was very active in that topic as well. I almost entirely dropped after this forum a few months after Brawl came out, as well.

I'm still not over how disappointing Brawl was. I wish Isaac/Matthew could be confirmed day one in the trailer, but I know that won't happen. We'll be kept in suspense yet again. lol

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Nice to see old Isaac supporters returning to the cause. :grin: Even though I wasn't active here for Brawl, I've been supporting him since slightly after GS came out, though I didn't think he really stood a shot until after TLA and closer to Brawl. Anyway, I hope I've made a thread worthy of Isaac and GS so far. :)

And yeah, I could see not finding out about Isaac/Matthew until the game starts leaking, should he be an unlockable. We're in for quite the ride. ;)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
And yeah, I could see not finding out about Isaac/Matthew until the game starts leaking, should he be an unlockable. We're in for quite the ride. ;)
I think there's a fair chance he might be shown before the game leaks. Either like Ike, or later on closer to the release like Olimar.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I definitely remember! Those were tough times to be an Isaac fan. I least we got a neat Assist Trophy and awesome song out of it.

Hopefully Sakurai will give a bit more attention to handheld franchises like Golden Sun, now that the next SSB will be coming to the 3DS.

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. Tough one.

I think the advantage he has this time is that Smash 4 will be on the 3DS. Because of this Sakurai will surely try to include one or two extra iconic handheld characters since in past games almost everyone is from Television consoles.
Having said that, this list of newcomers will likely be pretty conservative and we don't know of any plans to resurrect the franchise at the moment.

Really hard one to pick. I give him a definite maybe but he would just miss out on being in my final prediction roster.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I think there's a fair chance he might be shown before the game leaks. Either like Ike, or later on closer to the release like Olimar.
Ofc, but those were both starters, and I was just talking about if he was hypothetically a hidden character. If Isaac is a starter, then he'll most likely be shown before the game leaks like starters usually are, I agree. Unless the game leaks really early... but I wouldn't count on that.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Having said that, this list of newcomers will likely be pretty conservative and we don't know of any plans to resurrect the franchise at the moment.

Really hard one to pick. I give him a definite maybe but he would just miss out on being in my final prediction roster.
"Resurrect"? The last game being released in late 2009 doesn't come off to me as being a very long time ago. At least not enough to consider it a dead series that needs to be "resurrected".

Arteen

Smash Lord
2010, actually. Golden Sun may not be particularly popular, but Dark Dawn did feature prominently in two of Nintendo's E3 press conferences (2009 and 2010). It's definitely a franchise that has gotten high-profile exposure since Brawl.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
2010, actually. Golden Sun may not be particularly popular, but Dark Dawn did feature prominently in two of Nintendo's E3 press conferences (2009 and 2010). It's definitely a franchise that has gotten high-profile exposure since Brawl.
That's true. Even though it didn't do super, Nintendo still treated it like a high-profile release, which is good. Though since it didn't match the success of the first two, who knows if Nintendo will go through that amount of exposure next time. If there is a next time. In any case, having a GS character in SSB4 would only help.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Oh, 2010? Yeah... All of the years since 2007/2008 have kind of all been a big blur for me. I could have sworn it came out in 2009, although I got it after Christmas 2010. Oh well, that just makes it a sooner release!

So, Dark Dawn didn't sell so well? I really don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff, so I didn't know.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
So, Dark Dawn didn't sell so well? I really don't pay much attention to that kind of stuff, so I didn't know.
Yeah, while it didn't bomb or anything, it unfortunately didn't even get close to matching the first two. Luckily dips in sales are hardly reason for Sakurai to exclude a notable and popular series. ;)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
More old faces back? Awesome! Seriously, if Isaac where to get in I'd get Smash no mather what. I mean, damn his moveset would be so amazing. And even though Dark Dawn wasn't that great to many (haven't played it) it still got advertised quite good.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Handheld representatives = Isaac and Starfy?

I really wish we'd get some info on Starfy though, his support has quite quieted (maybe even died) down.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just hope if they make him playable on the 3DS version, that he isn't exclusive to the 3DS version. I suppose if they have some way of linking them up and allowing us to transfer 3DS-only playable characters to be playable on the Wii U, that wouldn't be so bad.

However, as for me, I'm thinking more of the Wii U version of this game than I am of the 3DS (yet I only own a 3DS. lol), so I don't want the Wii U version to miss out on Isaac being playable.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Right now the 3DS seems like the superior system. Am not sure why people are looking forward mostly for the Wii U version.

Anyways, I don't think / except Isaac to be a version-exclusive.

Top Bottom