• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
You know what I thought? Maybe the whole thing of certain console-exclusives being DLC on the other version. Let's say Isaac is exclusive to 3DS, but can be bought as a DLC for low prize in Wii U-version.

I think it'd be a lot like smaller of the issues regarding exclusives if this was done. In anycase, you can afford the characters you want from the other version without having to buy another game, or hell, another system.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I can't imagine that any characters will be strictly system-exclusive. Maybe Isaac would be a starter in the 3DS version and you'd need to link that version to the Wii U version to unlock him there, but nothing more than that.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I would hope not, cause that would mean you'd have to have both versions to get the full cast.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
Right now the 3DS seems like the superior system. Am not sure why people are looking forward mostly for the Wii U version.

Anyways, I don't think / except Isaac to be a version-exclusive.
Yeah Isaac's pretty much the last franchise that has true importance to Nintendo. (Well Golden Sun if you get what I mean)

3DS is best system this gen followed by Vita. I'm really excited for both versions, but the fact I'm paying 80-90 bucks to get all of my gamecube controllers working with the Wii U version doesn't excite me, while more of my friends already have a 3DS. Hell my biggest rival in gaming/one of my best friends has a 3DS but not a Wii U. Fighting games have actually been done really well this gen too, where-as the only one I cared for on DS/PSP era was Darkstalkers.

I would hope not, cause that would mean you'd have to have both versions to get the full cast.
If they allow the 3DS version as DLC to the Wii U version I don't see the problem with that. It's like New Super Luigi U

To the 2.5Dish graphics of Dark Dawn?

I think that the first two Golden Sun games have aged just fine.
^
Like 3DS remake would be nice especially just to have both games together but I think GS4 needs to be made first.

Really, Golden Sun, Mother, and that Klonoa RPG are probably the best aged games by far on the GBA.

Handheld representatives = Isaac and Starfy?

I really wish we'd get some info on Starfy though, his support has quite quieted (maybe even died) down.
I'm about to play his game soon so my opinion might change (Just like with Kid Icarus), but probably because he's the least interesting Assist Trophy, for a start. If Sakurai can't even do much with the Assist Trophy, it's kind saying something.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
But I'm thinking this is the kind of stuff that Nintendo might want to try to pull off. Maybe not... Maybe it is a bit extreme, even for Nintendo.

But I just don't want to see the Wii U version limited by the 3DS version.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
I think it would be the other way around. The Wii U version has no reason to be limited by the 3DS and that never happens in crossovers. The Wii U version might miss some content but with Super Luigi U, there is NO reason for them not to be able to make it up through a separate disc.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even if they keep the roster the same for both versions (which I hope they do), there will still be some noticeable differences between the games in some aspect, and you likely won't get the "full experience" (whatever that might entail) without both versions. Now that, I can see Nintendo doing. :ohwell:

However I'm planning to buy both, so for me it's not problem. ;):p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Well for me, everything is expensive now. No 3DS, no Wii U and I'm an upcomming baby daddy so... Budget is right. :p

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
So I don't know if this is particularly relevant to the topic, but I do know we had a few discussions about this back in the Isaac for Brawl topic: What stages and music do you want in the game?

I'll start simple, with just music. I think Golden Sun: The Lost Age's Overworld Theme 2 would make a great song to play when fighting Isaac (or Matthew) to unlock him. I know Venus Lighthouse's theme has always been the most popular choice for a song to be added to the series. However, I think this one would fit for this particular instance just because it's got that fast uneasy pace that would make it more tense (because if you screw it up and lose, you delay unlocking him). Maybe it's too much, I don't know...

Arteen

Smash Lord
I hope Venus Lighthouse is in the game, both stage and song. I made a stage like this in Brawl that I had a lot of fun with, based on the lighthouse aeries.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
That'd be really awesome. And whoa, seeing Venus Lighthouse in full HD would blow me away.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Most likely they'll remix Isaac's battle theme. Perhaps the Doom Dragon battle to, and of coarse Venus Lighthouse.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Bassoonist said:
So I don't know if this is particularly relevant to the topic, but I do know we had a few discussions about this back in the Isaac for Brawl topic: What stages and music do you want in the game?
Assuming we had Venus Lighthouse as a stage, with the same background as the Fusion Dragon battle (dark, reddish sky and pillar of light shooting out of the beacon), these are the songs I would like to have the most:

♪ Main Theme (Golden Sun)
♪ Opening Theme (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
♪ Venus Lighthouse
♪ Mars Lighthouse
♪ Walking Forward with Determination
♪ Battle Scene/Final Boss (Brawl Remix)
♪ Final Boss (Golden Sun)
♪ Battle! (Isaac)
♪ Battle! (Matthew)
♪ Guardian of the Stone Tablet
♪ Formidable Enemy
♪ Frozen Tower
♪ Opera House
♪ Ending Theme (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)

They could also do a remix of various themes from Golden Sun 1 & 2, like they did with the Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon Medley.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
If he was revealed in the trailer next week I would be so content for the rest of the hype days to come

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Much the same here! Isaac in Smash would instantly mean I'd have to buy a Wii U. :p I also felt he just barely missed the boat in Brawl.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Just three more days until the trailer... Hopefully Isaac will be revealed in it. I must say, among mine most-wanted-characters list, Isaac is the one I have the absolute highest hopes for--and that is saying much, as I am typically not one to get mine hopes up. I am going to be very disappointed if Isaac does not make it in Smash 4.

Hmm, maybe we could get Isaac as a starter and Felix as an unlockable. Now that would be ace. (Shrugs) Probably wishful thinking, though.

...Hmm, I think I will replay Golden Sun: Dark Dawn just for the heck of it, once I am done with the current games I am playing. Now that I think about it, I did rather like some of the new characters, particularly Amiti. The puzzles were rather enjoyable, too. I might use a cheat guide this time, though, just so I can get all of the one-chance Djinn and Summons that I missed in mine first playthrough.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I think Golden Sun is a really neat franchise that they need to hold on to. Throw in Isaac, a lighthouse level, and a full soundtrack and I think Smash will be much better for it.

I'd be pretty disappointed if he were demoted to assist trophy status again. Though, Isaac does seem likely this time around.

Sharkarat

Gibdo Knight
3DS FC
3754-7599-5366
Hmm, maybe we could get Isaac as a starter and Felix as an unlockable. Now that would be ace. (Shrugs) Probably wishful thinking, though.
Personally If we where to get a second Golden sun rep I would rather have someone else like Jenna, Sveta or Amiti. Mostly because I would like more variety rather than two sword using Venus Adept.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Garret would probably be the best choice for a second GS rep.

Arteen

Smash Lord
For a second rep (or at least an assist trophy), by far my top choice would be Alex. I find him to be the most interesting character throughout the three games, and he will continue to be an major character in the (hopefully) inevitable Golden Sun 4. Sometimes he's an ally, sometimes he's an antagonist, but he never directly opposes the party. He's usually manipulating others instead, and only rarely have we seen him fight. He'd also have an awesome, unique moveset based on water psynergy. I could imagine his moveset relying mostly on psynergy with very little use of weapons.

Sveta would be my next choice. She's the party member with the biggest role in role in Dark Dawn. I could see her basic moves would be similar to Wolf, and her special moves would be based on air psynergy. She'd turn into a werewolf for a final smash.

Either Jenna or Sheba would be neat as well. Jenna is a childhood friend of Isaac, and Sheba is girl with mysterious origins who "fell from the sky" as a baby. Both end up kidnapped by Saturos and company in the first game and become playable in the second game. They would fight with their staves and psynergy powers. Jenna would use fire psynergy, and Sheba would have a combination of wind and electricity-based powers. If Isaac had Judgment as his final smash, either of them could have Catastrophe.

And last is Felix, if we got a clone. A childhood friend of Isaac initially thought dead, he reappears as an antagonist, then eventually comes into his own as perhaps the true hero of the first two Golden Sun games.

I just love the character designs in Golden Sun.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
Alex or Garet are the only logical second choices if there were to be two reps by some miracle. Alex is the antagonist who appears in every game and Garet is better than Felix because Felix is essentially Isaac in another skin

I wish it'd be Jenna though. Ivan is cool as well

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Even though he's not the most likely, I'd agree Alex would probably be the best 2nd GS rep. He plays a relatively large role in the series, and his Psynergy is definitely different enough from a Venus adept to have a totally different playstyle. Not that I'm against adding a non-Venus playable character, but it seems choosing any one of them would be a little random.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Felix is way better, but I think Alex would definitely be more unique.
Right now the 3DS seems like the superior system. Am not sure why people are looking forward mostly for the Wii U version.
Because the Wii U Smash will be a jump forward technologically, graphically, and processing-wise 2 generations (since the Wii was basically just a GameCube with slightly better of all of that and motion controls).

However, I will say that people do overlook the 3DS Smash a lot. The 3DS is very comparable in power to the Wii, so the game will have similar "restrictions" as a GameCube or Wii game, which Sakurai and company obviously have a lot of experience dealing with.

JPW

Smash Ace
For a second rep (or at least an assist trophy), by far my top choice would be Alex. I find him to be the most interesting character throughout the three games, and he will continue to be an major character in the (hopefully) inevitable Golden Sun 4. Sometimes he's an ally, sometimes he's an antagonist, but he never directly opposes the party. He's usually manipulating others instead, and only rarely have we seen him fight. He'd also have an awesome, unique moveset based on water psynergy. I could imagine his moveset relying mostly on psynergy with very little use of weapons.

Another Alex fan. I like this.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Alex would be awesome yeah. And he'd work really well even though we have never seen him fight. He's like Isaac also a major character in all 3 games. Garet and Felix would be easy AT replacements for Isaac though. Would probably prefer Felix, though am not opposed to Garet at all. Then again, Ivan, Jenna or Piers would also be awesome. Can't really choose, but would take everything.

Hero_of_T1me_1997

Smash Apprentice
I don't understand the demand for Felix. He barely spoke in the first game and wasn't in the third one at all, and he'd obviously play similar to Isaac as they pretty much have the same psyenergy. It just makes more sense to go with Garet (besides Alex, of course) if it was to get a second rep. Though I wouldn't complain no matter what GS characters were added, I'm in no position to be picky here. I'm just hopeful we get Isaac, anything else is icing on the cake

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
1. Felix is a cool cat.
2. The 3rd game is the ugly stepchild of the series (although it is still a good game; it's just the two before it are classics).
3. Semi-clones are very easy to make, especially compared to full blown characters.
4. Eh, it won't happen, but it's fun to talk about nonetheless.

Guys, here's a list of all the songs I have in my copy of Project M from Golden Sun, what stage they play on, and what songs they replaced. :shades:
Norfair:
Battle Scene/Final Boss (Golden Sun) = Doom Dragon Battle Orchestrated (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
Castle Siege:
Against the Dark Knight = Boss Battle (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
Power-Hungry Fool = Opening/Main Theme (The Second Book) (Golden Sun: The Lost Age)
Victory is Near = Opening/Main Theme [Fixed] (The First Book) (Golden Sun)

The Lost Age Boss Battle theme and especially the First Book them are incredible songs, and really ought to be in a Smash game.
The character designs are fantastic in Golden Sun. All three games.
Agreed. The character designs are awesome, as are much of the locals, challenges, and whatnot. Golden Sun is a fantastic series, and we need Golden Sun 4 already!

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
It's pretty much the same thing as Lucas/Ness (even though there's more interesting characters in the series) or Roy/Marth. It'd make the most sense as Isaac would also be able to represent Matthew and Felix would count in for the 2nd game. It's not the most wanted character, but it's the one that fits most. If we were going to go with anything else, I'd give it to Alex, especially since Golden Sun is still a bit more flexible than Mother or Fire Emblem.

Isaac's fine, but if any series were to get two reps, I'd rather it be Golden Sun than anything else. Especially since most series only really have one plausible rep left (if any)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Am pretty sure we're gonna see Felix and Matthew-based alternative costumes at the very least.

Top Bottom