• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
The question is though, will we ever see a new Golden Sun game? He and Andy are in a strange position. They both are somewhat relevant, but their more recent games in their respective series have both been flops. That's their only problem with them getting in, I think.
Eh, even if Golden Sun is technically dead now... So was Kid Icarus.

For that matter, so was Punch Out!

The series has a massive cult following, but just needs one little break onto the limelight to explode. I've played enough of Camelot's games to trust that if they had the chance, they could definitely make up for Dark Dawn (which still wasn't a bad game).

Mendelsin

Smash Cadet
All we need is a complete remastered version of Golden Sun and The Lost Age (as one game) with updated graphics and even more extra content. Then Isaac's popularity will explode and will be in every smash game from 4 onwards.

i can dream

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Eh, even if Golden Sun is technically dead now... So was Kid Icarus.

For that matter, so was Punch Out!

The series has a massive cult following, but just needs one little break onto the limelight to explode. I've played enough of Camelot's games to trust that if they had the chance, they could definitely make up for Dark Dawn (which still wasn't a bad game).
Well Kid Icarus and Punch Out in a way are retro classics. They are two of the better games back in the NES days. They both got revived. Golden Sun and Advanced Wars are both not classified as Classic but as modern.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well Kid Icarus and Punch Out in a way are retro classics. They are two of the better games back in the NES days. They both got revived. Golden Sun and Advanced Wars are both not classified as Classic but as modern.
Who classifies them this way?

I don't rate as "Modern" any game that cannot be played on the current systems. DS is still modern because the 3DS supports the carts. All Gameboy games are no longer modern.

Golden Sun is THE classic of the GBA era.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Who classifies them this way?

I don't rate as "Modern" any game that cannot be played on the current systems. DS is still modern because the 3DS supports the carts. All Gameboy games are no longer modern.

Golden Sun is THE classic of the GBA era.
Well I guess, I just feel that he isn't old enough to be considered retro, and his series is dead. Don't get me wrong, I think he has a good chance, but that he still has some stuff going up against him.

Punch Out and Kid Icarus, were huge at there time, and everybody remembers them as huge games.
Golden Sun I feel, not as much.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well I guess, I just feel that he isn't old enough to be considered retro, and his series is dead. Don't get me wrong, I think he has a good chance, but that he still has some stuff going up against him.

Punch Out and Kid Icarus, were huge at there time, and everybody remembers them as huge games.
Golden Sun I feel, not as much.
The GBA is a handheld, and it had more games competing for attention (and more good games, for that matter). So it's natural that it was not quite as much the rage. But most GBA players will let you that there was a time when Golden Sun dominated that console. The hype that built between Golden Sun and The Lost Age was staggering. When the second game did not disappoint, it pretty much became the best series on the handheld.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Yeah, I was hoping Micaiah would be in. I love Radiant Dawn and Path of Radiance. But oh well, Lucina and Robin are pretty much the only two characters from Awakening I like, so it's ok.

I haven't played Golden Sun, but I might try it one day. If he does get in, there is a large chance I will.

And yes, it's from K-On, my favorite anime and manga.
Golden Sun is amazing, you should try it out just like others have said. The series can't exactly be called dead just on hiatus I guess considering Dark Dawn was not as amazing as it could have been. The new cast also kind of put off the old fans and the story was not as great. The checkpoints with point of no returns were unnecessary but could be understood in plot.

It is not exactly retro but soon would be. It is remembered very fondly among Golden Sun fans and might not be as popular as Kid Icarus or Punch Out but were one of the most hyped games on GBA like Skyblade said and one of the most popular on GBA! Well if we get a Golden Sun remake, I just hope it is true to the original game and doesn't mess around with mechanics and everything. Just upgrade the graphics to be even better than Dark Dawn!

Thought so about K-On :D I loved the manga, light hearted and funny. Haven't watched the anime though but might in the future.

The GBA is a handheld, and it had more games competing for attention (and more good games, for that matter). So it's natural that it was not quite as much the rage. But most GBA players will let you that there was a time when Golden Sun dominated that console. The hype that built between Golden Sun and The Lost Age was staggering. When the second game did not disappoint, it pretty much became the best series on the handheld.
So true!

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Golden Sun is amazing, you should try it out just like others have said. The series can't exactly be called dead just on hiatus I guess considering Dark Dawn was not as amazing as it could have been. The new cast also kind of put off the old fans and the story was not as great. The checkpoints with point of no returns were unnecessary but could be understood in plot.

It is not exactly retro but soon would be. It is remembered very fondly among Golden Sun fans and might not be as popular as Kid Icarus or Punch Out but were one of the most hyped games on GBA like Skyblade said and one of the most popular on GBA! Well if we get a Golden Sun remake, I just hope it is true to the original game and doesn't mess around with mechanics and everything. Just upgrade the graphics to be even better than Dark Dawn!

Thought so about K-On :D I loved the manga, light hearted and funny. Haven't watched the anime though but might in the future.
Ok, I guess I see that it was an important game on the GBA, but that's just the issue, it was the GBA. The GBA wasn't a dynamic system as the NES was. It's not too old, and it's not too new either. The main thing going against Isaac that Brawl was much closer to Golden Sun's peak than Smash 4 is. So why did they just make him an AT? Little Mac got promoted since he was pretty much the last one missing of Nintendo's original games. (Mach Rider, Excitebiker, and Duck Hunt Dog are the other 3 big World Wide ones). Isaac and Golden Sun doesn't have that much power as Punch Out had in my opinion. I think he still deserves a look though, since we need more series, some that aren't as new as Xenoblade, Awakening, and Uprising. Golden Sun and Advanced Wars are perfect examples.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
They both are somewhat relevant, but their more recent games in their respective series have both been flops.
Didn't the most recent Advance Wars game on the DS do the best that the series had ever done? The series didn't sell very well well to begin with.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind this. I guess I was misinformed. I thought that Days of Ruin sold better than it did for some reason. It still did considerably better than Dual Strike, and it didn't even come out in Japan until last year as a Club Nintendo reward.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Ok, I guess I see that it was an important game on the GBA, but that's just the issue, it was the GBA. The GBA wasn't a dynamic system as the NES was. It's not too old, and it's not too new either. The main thing going against Isaac that Brawl was much closer to Golden Sun's peak than Smash 4 is. So why did they just make him an AT? Little Mac got promoted since he was pretty much the last one missing of Nintendo's original games. (Mach Rider, Excitebiker, and Duck Hunt Dog are the other 3 big World Wide ones). Isaac and Golden Sun doesn't have that much power as Punch Out had in my opinion. I think he still deserves a look though, since we need more series, some that aren't as new as Xenoblade, Awakening, and Uprising. Golden Sun and Advanced Wars are perfect examples.
Pokemon, the 2nd best selling franchise in gaming and for Nintendo has remained only a handheld game. I am not counting the spinoff home console games. Golden Sun is obviously not comparable to Pokemon but is very much in a similar sales region to Fire Emblem and F-Zero which are also relatively low selling franchises. Golden Sun actually sold more than the first international Fire emblem! GS sold around 1.1 mil while FE: Blazing Sword sold 800k. Golden Sun needs recognition again! It is a franchise that Nintendo needs to bring back from its catalog to give more variety. Plus it is the best RPG and one of the best games Nintendo has made! I liked it much more than any Final Fantasy (Chrono Trigger is much better hands down) which has now migrated to Sony in home consoles and FFXV and KH3 look unlikely on Wii U.

Let the Golden Sun rise again!

Didn't the most recent Advance Wars game on the DS do the best that the series had ever done? The series didn't sell very well well to begin with.

EDIT: Ah, nevermind this. I guess I was misinformed. I thought that Days of Ruin sold better than it did for some reason. It still did considerably better than Dual Strike, and it didn't even come out in Japan until last year as a Club Nintendo reward.
Don't know about the sales but I definitely loved Days of Ruin :D It just needed a hard mode though. By Dual Strike the gameplay was extremely skewed towards CO powers rather than unit placement and strategy. It mattered but a good Dual Power combo could right many bad situations! Advance Wars was never popular in Japan as the first 2 GBA games didn't even come out there first, a rarity in Nintendo games. Golden Sun was always more popular although its popularity has declined, Dark Dawn not helping the case in any way.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
How would you guys prefer to unlock Isaac in the game? I figure he will be an unlockable character. Sorry if this has already been asked.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
How would you guys prefer to unlock Isaac in the game? I figure he will be an unlockable character. Sorry if this has already been asked.
Beat Classic mode with Ridley and Mewtwo.

Because it would mean those two would be in the game alongside Isaac. :)

But I'll go with an event unlock, based around defeating the Doom Dragon boss atop the Lighthouse before the Lighthouse is ignited.

What do you all want for Isaac's splash page?

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Beat Classic mode with Ridley and Mewtwo.

Because it would mean those two would be in the game alongside Isaac. :)

But I'll go with an event unlock, based around defeating the Doom Dragon boss atop the Lighthouse before the Lighthouse is ignited.

What do you all want for Isaac's splash page?
Haha nice response.

In an ideal situation, I would want Isaac beating Dullahan in an epic manner. Solo.

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Hey, I can't seem to sleep and I was thinking about Golden Sun's future, so I thought I'd write something. I think the Golden Sun series is going to have a hard time moving forward due to the nearly Skyward Sword levels of hate GS DD gets from the fans. I feel it's a serious problem and it kind of stains Golden Sun's perfect image (It's my favorite RPG franchise, just ahead of MM Battle Network and Mario & Luigi). I was thinking of an effective way they could solve this problem and I think I got it.

A Golden Sun remake collection should be made. Yes, I want them to remake all three of them and release a collection on 3DS. The first two don't need much in my opinion, just updated sprites and music (maybe. The music is fine as is). The real changes should be saved for Dark Dawn. I would like them to remake the whole game using the updated sprites the other two use (people didn't like the 3D graphics), and fix all of the issues fans have with the title (points of no return, the "low" difficulty, the annoying "everyone must say something" scenes, etc). Once this is done, it may make the fan base start to appreciate the game more, redeeming itself if you will.

That's not all though. This doesn't fix another problem fans have with it. I see many people annoyed about how some of the countries or whatever came into existence, and how the world has changed so much. The only thing that can fix this issue is a new game. This should be released after the collection. The new game should be a prequel to Dark Dawn, and show all the things that happened in the gap between TLA and DD. How the world changed, what happened to the old characters, how Isaac and Jenna got together, everything. After all of this, I feel GS will be able to move on without having people say "Golden Sun is awesome, except that DS game. That game sucks!".

...This is rather long. Sorry about that. I doubt any of this will happen, but it should. Anyway, Isaac for SSB4!

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
How so? We still saw the polar bear in smash run. Plus the earthbound items.
Yea. Most likely according to me, we won't see any reveals for Golden Sun assist trophy or otherwise unless Isaac is revealed as a playable character. Announcement of Felix or Matthew as an assist trophy would be a HUGE indication, atleast for me, that Isaac is going to be playable.

It is extremely likely that an Earthbound character is going to be back considering its cult following and previous appearance. Just don't whether its going to be Lucas or Ness, still haven't played the Mother series.

Hey, I can't seem to sleep and I was thinking about Golden Sun's future, so I thought I'd write something. I think the Golden Sun series is going to have a hard time moving forward due to the nearly Skyward Sword levels of hate GS DD gets from the fans. I feel it's a serious problem and it kind of stains Golden Sun's perfect image (It's my favorite RPG franchise, just ahead of MM Battle Network and Mario & Luigi). I was thinking of an effective way they could solve this problem and I think I got it.

A Golden Sun remake collection should be made. Yes, I want them to remake all three of them and release a collection on 3DS. The first two don't need much in my opinion, just updated sprites and music (maybe. The music is fine as is). The real changes should be saved for Dark Dawn. I would like them to remake the whole game using the updated sprites the other two use (people didn't like the 3D graphics), and fix all of the issues fans have with the title (points of no return, the "low" difficulty, the annoying "everyone must say something" scenes, etc). Once this is done, it may make the fan base start to appreciate the game more, redeeming itself if you will.

That's not all though. This doesn't fix another problem fans have with it. I see many people annoyed about how some of the countries or whatever came into existence, and how the world has changed so much. The only thing that can fix this issue is a new game. This should be released after the collection. The new game should be a prequel to Dark Dawn, and show all the things that happened in the gap between TLA and DD. How the world changed, what happened to the old characters, how Isaac and Jenna got together, everything. After all of this, I feel GS will be able to move on without having people say "Golden Sun is awesome, except that DS game. That game sucks!".

...This is rather long. Sorry about that. I doubt any of this will happen, but it should. Anyway, Isaac for SSB4!
Yea its the lukewarm to bad reception to Dark Dawn which is holding back Nintendo from clearly announcing a new Golden Sun game as well as the reason why Golden Sun's popularity dropped. We waited so long for a sequel and the one that came out was nothing like anything people expected. In a bad way.

Well I do want playable Isaac so the game between the time leap could be a good way to sort it while giving us chance to use Isaac again. But the main issue would be what conflict would they put in this game. A remaster/remake would be good as long as they don't mess around with gameplay but upgrade the graphics. And advertise it!

I mainly want a proper sequel continuing after Dark Dawn but one in which we control the members of the older games. Not necessarily all of them but definitely Isaac, Garet and Felix. And I want Isaac to be represented in Smash. Don't we all?

Last edited:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
True, I didn't think of that. I'm not sure what conflict that such a game could have... Maybe they'd have to make something up if a DD prequel did happen. I started GS late, with DD actually, so originally, I thought Matthew was Isaac, lol. I played the game and fell in love with it, later playing the original (which I also love). I never played the TLA yet. Waiting for it's Wii U VC release. I point all of this out because I enjoyed the game immensely, but I had no prior knowledge of GS before DD. I was at a loss as to why people hated it as much as they did for a while. Now that I understand and can look at it from their perspective, it is quite a problem. I hope the series can recover from it. And yes, we all want Isaac in Smash.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
True, I didn't think of that. I'm not sure what conflict that such a game could have... Maybe they'd have to make something up if a DD prequel did happen. I started GS late, with DD actually, so originally, I thought Matthew was Isaac, lol. I played the game and fell in love with it, later playing the original (which I also love). I never played the TLA yet. Waiting for it's Wii U VC release. I point all of this out because I enjoyed the game immensely, but I had no prior knowledge of GS before DD. I was at a loss as to why people hated it as much as they did for a while. Now that I understand and can look at it from their perspective, it is quite a problem. I hope the series can recover from it. And yes, we all want Isaac in Smash.
Oh I see so you started Golden Sun with Dark Dawn. Dark Dawn wasn't a bad game, it was fairly good but when you compare it with the gems that are Golden Sun 1 and 2, it pales in comparison. It's story line is one fetch mission gone wrong and the characters are not quite as appealing. Himi for example was a completely shoehorned character according to me. You get her so late and when you do she just joins as the daughter of a minor character from TLA. Not much story to her. Sveta although quite different was integral to the storyline and somewhat expanded on some people you will see in TLA. Although the radical changes that occurred were too bizarre even for a 30 year time period, with new civilizations and ruins that weren't around in the 1st 2 games.

I would like to give the example of the Ace Attorney games with Phoenix Wright as the lead. We had the original trilogy which was succeeded by Apollo Justice. The game was meant to show him succeeding the reins or something but the game was not so successful. Same with Ace Attorney Investigations. Due to Phoenix's popularity, he returned as the main character in Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I want something similar to happen. Camelot tried replacing Isaac and changing the game formula a bit but fell flat on its face. It is time to bring Isaac back as the lead of the 4th game as well fix all the plotholes that Dark Dawn opened up in the GS lore.

And also announce him in Smash! :awesome:

Last edited:

Bingoshi

Smash Apprentice
Oh I see so you started Golden Sun with Dark Dawn. Dark Dawn wasn't a bad game, it was fairly good but when you compare it with the gems that are Golden Sun 1 and 2, it pales in comparison. It's story line is one fetch mission gone wrong and the characters are not quite as appealing. Himi for example was a completely shoehorned character according to me. You get her so late and when you do she just joins as the daughter of a minor character from TLA. Not much story to her. Sveta although quite different was integral to the storyline and somewhat expanded on some people you will see in TLA. Although the radical changes that occurred were too bizarre even for a 30 year time period, with new civilizations and ruins that weren't around in the 1st 2 games.

I would like to give the example of the Ace Attorney games with Phoenix Wright as the lead. We had the original trilogy which was succeeded by Apollo Justice. The game was meant to show him succeeding the reins or something but the game was not so successful. Same with Ace Attorney Investigations. Due to Phoenix's popularity, he returned as the main character in Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies. I want something similar to happen. Camelot tried replacing Isaac and changing the game formula a bit but fell flat on its face. It is time to bring Isaac back as the lead of the 4th game as well fix all the plotholes that Dark Dawn opened up in the GS lore.

And also announce him in Smash! :awesome:
I see what you mean, good sir. After playing the original, I can see why it's so highly regarded. I just enjoy the overall tone and gameplay of the GS games, and because of that, it quickly became my favorite RPG franchise (and I play a LOT of RPG games, lol). Anyway, I agree, returning Isaac and friends may be their best option at this point. In fact, if it would help at all, I'd like them to just ignore DD and start again (if it proves too difficult to fix all the plot holes left by Dark Dawn). In any case, I just hope the series returns. Can't wait to jump into the TLA, I hear it's the best of the series (I hear this a lot, actually). I'm expecting it to blow me away with awesomeness. Anyway, I'm feeling quite confident in Isaac's chances at the moment. I think he has a strong chance to be playable in SSB4.

Arteen

Smash Lord
The question is though, will we ever see a new Golden Sun game? He and Andy are in a strange position. They both are somewhat relevant, but their more recent games in their respective series have both been flops. That's their only problem with them getting in, I think.
I really think we will see another Golden Sun. Maybe not for a while, but Dark Dawn had a cliffhanger ending and was very much a precursor to a grander story. It didn't solve the mystery it purported to be solved at the beginning of the game; the group still needs to head to Sol Sanctum and deal with the psynergy vortexes. And we still know next to nothing about Tuaparang, or the Umbra Clan, or dark psynergy, or Alex's motives.

The series is on hiatus, but it'd be a shame if it was killed for good because of low sales on a single game. The way Camelot wrote it indicates they have much more story to tell.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
If Boss Battles Mode returns, I'd like Isaac to be unlocked by completing it, being among the hardest/last characters to unlock as opposed to clone characters, who I think should be far more easier to unlock than someone like Isaac and Mewtwo.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I really think we will see another Golden Sun. Maybe not for a while, but Dark Dawn had a cliffhanger ending and was very much a precursor to a grander story. It didn't solve the mystery it purported to be solved at the beginning of the game; the group still needs to head to Sol Sanctum and deal with the psynergy vortexes. And we still know next to nothing about Tuaparang, or the Umbra Clan, or dark psynergy, or Alex's motives.

The series is on hiatus, but it'd be a shame if it was killed for good because of low sales on a single game. The way Camelot wrote it indicates they have much more story to tell.
Yup just as you said and I have earlier said, Dark Dawn was possibly not the end of the series. It opened more holes than it filled and the ending was a total cliffhanger. The whole party has disbanded and Isaac and Garet are gone. This has to open the way to a sequel, with Isaac and Garet on a new journey AGAIN! We can have some members from Dark Dawn but also some members of the original team.

A single bad game does not mean the series has ended. Bring back what made it successful! Golden Sun 1 type gameplay along with its main character! That's like how Nintendo is not giving us another Metroid game after Metroid: Other M was a relative flop.

We want Isaac! (Ike is already there)

bassem6

Smash Lord
There's this site I check every so often that reports any new "leaks" that may or may not be true on a weekly basis. This week, there's a new leak and it is one of the FEW that I have seen that has Isaac as a playable character. It came in two parts:

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93839860976/rumor-mill-jon-leak

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93992237481/rumor-mill-jon-2-leak

While I really don't think this leak is true, I would be quite happy if those were the remaining newcomers (only thing it's missing is playable Ridley) and it's cool that somebody finally mentioned Isaac in a "leak" haha.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
There's this site I check every so often that reports any new "leaks" that may or may not be true on a weekly basis. This week, there's a new leak and it is one of the FEW that I have seen that has Isaac as a playable character. It came in two parts:

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93839860976/rumor-mill-jon-leak

http://ssb4dojo.com/post/93992237481/rumor-mill-jon-2-leak

While I really don't think this leak is true, I would be quite happy if those were the remaining newcomers (only thing it's missing is playable Ridley) and it's cool that somebody finally mentioned Isaac in a "leak" haha.
Interesting. I just hope the part about Isaac is true, leak or no leak since we have been rooting for Isaac as a playable character since Nintendo made him a trophy in Brawl rather than playable in Melee AND Brawl.

I would really want Sol Sanctum as a playable stage on Wii U as well! There are no battles which occur in the town Vale (not counting the cave) except the first Mysterious Man and Woman battles which are unbeatable boss battles. Plus the leak mentions that there will be no Assist trophy for Rayman which was just announced a few days ago.

In hopeful news, it says that Shulk, Isaac and Duck Hunt Dog will be announced simultaneously.

Can't really comment as these leaks have a tendency to be made up but are sometimes partially correct. Also Sakurai is a troll so can't trust everything. Although that Goku from Yu Yu Ki an unknown NES game makes the trolling apparent and this somewhat more believable.

Well true or not, still waiting for that Isaac reveal!

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
If Boss Battles Mode returns, I'd like Isaac to be unlocked by completing it, being among the hardest/last characters to unlock as opposed to clone characters, who I think should be far more easier to unlock than someone like Isaac and Mewtwo.
As long as it would not take that long to unlock Isaac, then I am all for it. I would like to play as the Earth Shaking Adept as soon as possible.

D

Deleted member

I don't think they are gonna kill of the series. Camelot always wanted to make a Golden Sun game, but priorities required them to focus on the more notable Mario Golf and Tennis games.

They aren't gonna end the series with just a shot of the Mourning Moon (which I bet some players forgot about), but I think they should've had a less obvious cliffhanger due to the fact that it was probably going to be a while before a fourth installment would be released.

Now, I'm glad that this wasn't Assist Trophy week, and I'll explain; I know that I want to get the information out as quickly as possible because I'm not into waiting over something that makes me sweat a bit, but if we ended up like that, it would've been a shooting gallery. I also feel as if that if Isaac made an appearance outside a reveal, he wouldn't be a playable. It's for those reasons why I think there's a possibility Mr. Game & Watch might not be playable this time around since he was featured at the end of the Pac-Man trailer and his profile didn't appear on the website (and I know Toon Link was featured in the Spirit Train stage at the debut video, but he is merely a decoration in that stage if he's not playable).

Also, with an earlier post about the difference between Golden Sun's involvement in Brawl compared to Punch Out!!'s, somebody mentioned Gyromite. Now, R.O.B. was a playable character almost entirely because of the Subspace Emissary storyline due to how the R.O.B.s were being used by Ganondorf and the Subspace Army and that the Ancient Minister was the playable R.O.B. who decided to fight back in an (unfortunately) hopeless effort to save its kind. Since Sakurai has stressed that the "adventure mode" in this version (at least the 3DS) is merely a giant map where you beat up a bunch of Nintendo enemies and there is no semblance of a story, we won't get those kinds of characters.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Just saw something interesting:

Imgur.com/a/NPwyN#

Does Palutena's "Reflect Barrier" remind you of anything?
Yea it is like Isaac's assist trophy attack, Move. Maybe that is a nod to his removal as assist trophy and appearance as a full fledged character :D

I think someone else pointed it as well.

I don't know, I'm not sure if I trust Sakurai in putting Isaac in.

Speaking of Menardi, if Isaac isn't in..

Karst gets her revenge.
Sorry Karst, you were not and still not fated to revenge as your whole vengeful quest was built on half truths. Isaac will still appear!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Palutena's reflect attack is interesting... that doesn't mean much for Isaac, though. They repeat effects all the time.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I don't think they are gonna kill of the series. Camelot always wanted to make a Golden Sun game, but priorities required them to focus on the more notable Mario Golf and Tennis games.

They aren't gonna end the series with just a shot of the Mourning Moon (which I bet some players forgot about), but I think they should've had a less obvious cliffhanger due to the fact that it was probably going to be a while before a fourth installment would be released.

Now, I'm glad that this wasn't Assist Trophy week, and I'll explain; I know that I want to get the information out as quickly as possible because I'm not into waiting over something that makes me sweat a bit, but if we ended up like that, it would've been a shooting gallery. I also feel as if that if Isaac made an appearance outside a reveal, he wouldn't be a playable. It's for those reasons why I think there's a possibility Mr. Game & Watch might not be playable this time around since he was featured at the end of the Pac-Man trailer and his profile didn't appear on the website (and I know Toon Link was featured in the Spirit Train stage at the debut video, but he is merely a decoration in that stage if he's not playable).

Also, with an earlier post about the difference between Golden Sun's involvement in Brawl compared to Punch Out!!'s, somebody mentioned Gyromite. Now, R.O.B. was a playable character almost entirely because of the Subspace Emissary storyline due to how the R.O.B.s were being used by Ganondorf and the Subspace Army and that the Ancient Minister was the playable R.O.B. who decided to fight back in an (unfortunately) hopeless effort to save its kind. Since Sakurai has stressed that the "adventure mode" in this version (at least the 3DS) is merely a giant map where you beat up a bunch of Nintendo enemies and there is no semblance of a story, we won't get those kinds of characters.
Ok riddle me this, if they're making these Mario Tennis games, why not include Golden Sun characters in them?

Square included Final Fantasy characters in Mario Sports mix, so don't you dare say it would be weird to have the adepts play tennis if we already seen two mages, and a ninja play Basketball, Hockey and get this they were playing Volleyball and Dodgeball.

Now it definitely doesn't sound too weird to have Golden Sun characters in Mario Tennis, they should of had them dlc instead of stupid Yoshis and Metal Mario, that was so stupid, I still punish Yoshi by beating up on him for ruining Open's QR potential, that stupid loser dinosaur horse thing.

As for Golf, I don't care about that series, its Golf, I hate Golf, unless they turn into something where you hit everybody with Golf clubs in a no holds barred hardcore match, forget putting, just hit each other with Golf clubs. :demon:

Btw I don't think I'm going to want to play Golden Sun 4 if Isaac or any Golden Sun character isn't playable in this game, it would be it for me, I'd quit on the series, Golden Sun has been requested for Super Smash Bros for over a decade and all we got in Brawl was a stupid trophy, if we don't get that Golden Sun character now, that's it, I'm probably going to be done wit the series, I would no longer have the will to continue playing Golden Sun, the series isn't getting the proper representation, I command some respect for the Golden Sun series, and if it doesn't get the representation I want it to get, which is seeing a Golden Sun game more often than we are seeing them, including Golden Sun characters in games Camelot is making like Mario Tennis, and of course playable characters in Super Smash Bros, if these demands aren't met I'm leaving Weyard, or in other words the Golden Sun series as a former fan, I don't find this series fun because of the mistreatment its getting.

I wouldn't be surprised if Isaac was a hidden character not announced before release if he's in, and hopefully he is a playable character.

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Watch us get a pic of the day with the Move Psynergy in it for a tease before release.

If this happens we need to all hope that its Felix using Move as Isaac's replacement for Assist Trophy.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Watch us get a pic of the day with the Move Psynergy in it for a tease before release.

If this happens we need to all hope that its Felix using Move as Isaac's replacement for Assist Trophy.
If they show just Move without the actual character using it, I'd say that confirms Isaac as playable, because that goes right into TEASING territory.

Top Bottom