• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

candyissweet

Smash Apprentice
Comparing Isaac and Shulk's chances, I would say that Isaac has a more likely chance of becoming playable.
- Golden Sun is an older game series
- Isaac appeared as an assist trophy in Brawl
- There are currently more Golden Sun games than Xenoblade games (Not much of a reason though)
- It would be natural for Sakurai to add Isaac over Shulk because Gematsu said Shulk would be in over Isaac

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Oh no it's AT massacre week! :troll:

...No but seriously, Mondays were already my least favourite day of the week, I don't need it to be Assist Trophy reveal days too (unless if they reveal Isaac as a playable character soon).

I'm all for Shulk, but it's pretty lame that he'll get in because he's more recent than (but sold nearly just as much as) Golden Sun. With that sort of logic Isaac should have gotten into Melee :ohwell:. Oh well, hope they both make it in!

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Ugh, I'm so tired of everyone comparing Isaac's chances to other potential reps. Guys, literally the only competition for Isaac is his son Matthew. If a rep from a different series gets a spot, it's not because Isaac lost to them, it's because they got it on their own merits. Constantly comparing him to other potentials is what gives us Isaac fans a bad rep, especially when you compare him to Shulk. Let us not fret over other characters but Isaac (and other GS characters) himself :upsidedown:

(this isn't directed towards you Candy specifically, just peoples' posts I've seen in the past)

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Ugh, I'm so tired of everyone comparing Isaac's chances to other potential reps. Guys, literally the only competition for Isaac is his son Matthew. If a rep from a different series gets a spot, it's not because Isaac lost to them, it's because they got it on their own merits. Constantly comparing him to other potentials is what gives us Isaac fans a bad rep, especially when you compare him to Shulk. Let us not fret over other characters but Isaac (and other GS characters) himself :upsidedown:

(this isn't directed towards you Candy specifically, just peoples' posts I've seen in the past)
Matthew isn't even competition... If we get a Golden Sun rep, its Isaac, hands down.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Matthew isn't even competition... If we get a Golden Sun rep, its Isaac, hands down.
I was insinuating that literally the only competition that Isaac can receive is from his own series. But to play devil's advocate, you can never say something as absolute as that when it comes to Sakurai haha

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Unless we get the announcement on the day they reveal Golden Sun 4...

It's not going to happen, is it? :(
Even then, it'd still be Isaac. For all we know Adult Isaac will be playable in the next Golden Sun game. :p

Isaac is the most iconic character in the Golden Sun series. He's the original main protagonist and has been playable in every game to date. There's no way any Golden Sun character but Isaac would be playable in Smash Bros.

I was insinuating that literally the only competition that Isaac can receive is from his own series. But to play devil's advocate, you can never say something as absolute as that when it comes to Sakurai haha
Sakurai has never once added a new franchise without using the franchise's first main protagonist and most iconic character in the series.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Even then, it'd still be Isaac. For all we know Adult Isaac will be playable in the next Golden Sun game. :p

Isaac is the most iconic character in the Golden Sun series. He's the original main protagonist and has been playable in every game to date. There's no way any Golden Sun character but Isaac would be playable in Smash Bros.

Sakurai has never once added a new franchise without using the franchise's first main protagonist and most iconic character in the series.
I'd like to point you in the direction of Mother on that last point. :p

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236

I'm thinking we'll get Adult Isaac as a playable character for the final GS game (which I would assume is GS4 if it happens), simply because it's the only logical way for Alex's storyline to end.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd like to point you in the direction of Mother on that last point. :p
Prior to Melee, region-specific characters weren't even considered. Ness was the main protagonist of Earthbound, which was the first Mother game released in the US.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
If only Golden Sun had been picked up by Sakurai, then we might have ended up with:

2+ Characters
2 Stages
2 Assist Trophies
15 Smash Run Enemies
6 Items

You know, like another series of the same size (and much less current) that got picked up by Sakurai. But you know, guess we all can't be that lucky.

ferioku

Smash Ace
The only reason Id oppose Shulk over Isaac is because in terms of move sets, Shulk's is a generic sword fighting character, not saying he shouldn't be added, I would love for him to be added but yeah.... Isaac Is different in the other hand(no pun intended), his movepool is huuge, ranging from dropping meteors in the air to pushing and grabbing opponents with move and catch. As long as Shulk plays different to Marth and Ike, then I would be happy because I already know Isaac would never play anything similar to them.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
The only reason Id oppose Shulk over Isaac is because in terms of move sets, Shulk's is a generic sword fighting character, not saying he shouldn't be added, I would love for him to be added but yeah.... Isaac Is different in the other hand(no pun intended), his movepool is huuge, ranging from dropping meteors in the air to pushing and grabbing opponents with move and catch. As long as Shulk plays different to Marth and Ike, then I would be happy because I already know Isaac would never play anything similar to them.
It's funny because about a week ago I saw somebody say the same thing (more or less) in the Shulk thread but with Shulk and Isaac switched around.

Isaac and Shulk are nowhere near being generic. (I've played both games well enough to know that)

ferioku

Smash Ace
It's funny because about a week ago I saw somebody say the same thing (more or less) in the Shulk thread but with Shulk and Isaac switched around.

Isaac and Shulk are nowhere near being generic. (I've played both games well enough to know that)
I've also played both games but I dunno >.<

ferioku

Smash Ace
Well frankly if a guy who has visions of the future and goes around killing robots with an adjustable laser sword is generic then I don't know what isn't generic.
I know i know, but how are they going to import that into the game, it sounds rather hard. Note that I do in fact want Shulk in the game, hes my second pick next to Isaac honestly.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I know i know, but how are they going to import that into the game, it sounds rather hard. Note that I do in fact want Shulk in the game, hes my second pick next to Isaac honestly.
If anyone can do it, Sakurai can.

and just because a gameplay mechanic might be unfeasible, that still doesn't make the character themselves generic.

It's like calling Bayonetta generic just because she wouldn't be able to go completely to town beating up characters like she does to angels/demons in her own game.

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
If anyone can do it, Sakurai can.

and just because a gameplay mechanic might be unfeasible, that still doesn't make the character themselves generic.

It's like calling Bayonetta generic just because she wouldn't be able to go completely to town beating up characters like she does to angels/demons in her own game.
Yeah, i guess your right.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
I haven't really been to this forum before and I just joined to post on this thread. I really want Isaac to be in and if there is going to be a Golden Sun representative it has to be Isaac.

- First game main character
- Second game major then playable as well (still remains as a leader)
- We see him again the third game, he is more epic as well as a guest character

Matthew and Felix can be his palette swaps or costumes but it should be Isaac! He has such a diverse moveset, I cannot see a reason to not add him. Technically he can use all elements' psynergy due to djinn plus he has summons as well as unleashes giving him a lot of variety to choose from. Megiddo!

Personally I would want him to have Catastrophe rather than Judgement. Although he is predominantly a Jupiter summon he looks so much more epic as well as a twisted brother of Judgement. Anyway can't wait for Golden Sun to be PROPERLY represented in Smash with Isaac as playable. Not assist trophy.

Last edited:

Leafeon523

Smash Ace
NNID
Leafeon523
3DS FC
2466-1607-7000
If Isaac were to be announced with another character, who would you pick? Pretend Shunk has already been confirmed:troll:
I think it would be pretty cool to see him confirmed along with Ridley for a ground vs air battle.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I haven't really been to this forum before and I just joined to post on this thread. I really want Isaac to be in and if there is going to be a Golden Sun representative it has to be Isaac.

- First game main character
- Second game major then playable as well (still remains as a leader)
- We see him again the third game, he is more epic as well as a guest character

Matthew and Felix can be his palette swaps or costumes but it should be Isaac! He has such a diverse moveset, I cannot see a reason to not add him. Technically he can use all elements' psynergy due to djinn plus he has summons as well as unleashes giving him a lot of variety to choose from. Megiddo!

Personally I would want him to have Catastrophe rather than Judgement. Although he is predominantly a Jupiter summon he looks so much more epic as well as a twisted brother of Judgement. Anyway can't wait for Golden Sun to be PROPERLY represented in Smash with Isaac as playable. Not assist trophy.
Thank you for your input and support and Welcome to Smash Boards!

If Isaac were to be announced with another character, who would you pick? Pretend Shunk has already been confirmed:troll:
I think it would be pretty cool to see him confirmed along with Ridley for a ground vs air battle.
I would rather have Isaac confirmed by himself. I like both Ridley and Isaac, but I don't think they should over shadow each other when it comes to trailers. Give each character their chance to shine.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I would love a dual Golden Sun & Advance Wars reveal trailer to bring the handheld love just before the 3DS release.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Ever since it was mentioned, I've always envisioned Isaac facing off the earthbound bros in a psychic battle

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I'd hate to see Isaac confirmed alongside Ridley. It's inevitable that the internet would pay more attention to Ridley. I can just see the smash community imploding at Ridleys reveal. (I think the only character that could hold their own against Ridley would be Mewtwo) Even King K Rool would probably struggle.

If we got a dual newcomer reveal I'd want it to be with characters who'd both be able to shine.

Isaac & Andy is a good one. I don't feel many characters other than Andy and Shulk work well with Isaac. Maybe a Rhythm Heaven newcomer at a stretch.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'd hate to see Isaac confirmed alongside Ridley. It's inevitable that the internet would pay more attention to Ridley. I can just see the smash community imploding at Ridleys reveal. (I think the only character that could their own against Ridley would be Mewtwo) Even King K Rool would probably struggle.

If we got a dual newcomer reveal I'd want it to be with characters who'd both be able to shine.

Isaac & Andy is a good one. I don't feel many characters other than Andy and Shulk work well with Isaac. Maybe a Rhythm Heaven newcomer at a stretch.
My thoughts, personally, are on potentially a "Battle of the Psychics!" trailer, where Lucas is struggling against Mewtwo, then Isaac jumps in to help Lucas. Then again, Mewtwo might fall under that "take over the hype from Isaac." Then again, Mewtwo might simply be a backup plan for people who don't care about Isaac (like with Captain Falcon in a Fire Emblem trailer).

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
My only concern with what could be holding back Isaac from being playable would be the introduction of a franchise into the set of playable characters. This would mean that stages, items, assist trophies, and enemies would also need to be planned for potential introduction. R.O.B. was a rare case, but he was in Mario Kart DS, had a large role in the Subspace Emissary, and had that "retro factor". Most of these other wanted characters are from already established franchises that already have at least one playable character.

This same argument would apply to characters like Shulk as well.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well congratulations Isaac supporters, this thread has now doubled the size of the Isaac for Brawl thread! Wow, incredible!

Great that there's still so much dedication and demand for the golden boy. :D

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
That Kazoo'd recording of Isaac's battle theme was pretty cool.

Personally I had heard this one before:

Guy does with just his voice, no instruments.

As a side note, I personally think an Isaac reveal itself is epic enough that there should not be another character along with it, lest one eclipses the other.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hmm I believe that Matthew is a possibility but a very small one. Considering the fact that has been stated that Isaac is like the 'Marth' of the Golden Sun series and won't be easily forsaken for Matthew. It would indeed be weird if Isaac remains a trophy and Matthew jumps in as a challenger.

Second, in the 3rd game I really wanted to see a reunion of the old party. Considering how the game ended and the new party has almost completely disbanded already, I think playable Isaac, Felix plus other older members might have been on the cards. Well atleast I certainly hope so.

I wouldn't mind a Matthew costume but I would want Isaac to be announced, by name. I am one of those people who would mind Matthew being the challenger instead of his more iconic father (although his son is basically a clone, but still).

Even the creators of Golden Sun are unsure of the future despite that ending! Thus Isaac will be the one to make an entry!

Thereallucario

Smash Journeyman
My thoughts, personally, are on potentially a "Battle of the Psychics!" trailer, where Lucas is struggling against Mewtwo, then Isaac jumps in to help Lucas. Then again, Mewtwo might fall under that "take over the hype from Isaac." Then again, Mewtwo might simply be a backup plan for people who don't care about Isaac (like with Captain Falcon in a Fire Emblem trailer).
Mewtwo would steal the show, even if with ridley. The anti-hype turn around might backlash onto Isaac and that might be bad for the poor guy. All he wanted to do was punch varying famous Nintendo characters so hard that they flew off so vilantly they become rays of light.

Now that I think about it, Isaac is a jerk.

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo would steal the show, even if with ridley. The anti-hype turn around might backlash onto Isaac and that might be bad for the poor guy. All he wanted to do was punch varying famous Nintendo characters so hard that they flew off so vilantly they become rays of light.

Now that I think about it, Isaac is a jerk.
Adult Isaac is a jerk. Young Isaac, who is probably going to be the canon one, is nice.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Adult Isaac is a jerk. Young Isaac, who is probably going to be the canon one, is nice.
Well I believe that we are asking for Isaac in Super Smash Bros. 4 as he appears in the first 2 Golden Sun games. Adult Isaac can just be a costume/palette or something.

Both of his versions are nice! Although he did send the kids to save the world when he could have done so himself. Not his fault the whole thing turned upside down though. Dark Dawn was the only game which did not have a clear goal in the start and is one fetch quest gone horribly wrong and long.

I doubt they're going to retcon DD. They seemed to have more plans for the story line.
They won't retcon it but reading the comments of the game makers asking the fans to ask for a sequel was a bit unexpected, especially looking at the ending. The game demands a sequel and they say they will think about it. Although Isaac's introduction should obviously be as his younger self.

Top Bottom