• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Fire Djinn should have high damage and se
I always thought it would be cool to have Saturos as an alternate skin for Marth--which could work, since both characters have a similar fighting stance.

Or, they could make Saturos into the new Roy. Though, that's probably pushing it.
I really wouldn't like a Saturos skin for Marth, as much as I'd love to have Saturos or Menardi in the game. Marth just feels too goody two shoes or light for Saturos :p

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Fire Djinn should have high damage and se

I really wouldn't like a Saturos skin for Marth, as much as I'd love to have Saturos or Menardi in the game. Marth just feels too goody two shoes or light for Saturos :p
It would be our best alternative to give Isaac a villain from Golden Sun to fight.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, that was my line of thinking. It's not a perfect fit, since I don't think he was quite as much of a tank as Ike is, but that's the closest we have among the swordsmen.
But Ike can't cast Pyroclasm. :(

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Man, Sakurai is dishing Assist Trophy disconfims like candy now. Let's hope we can make it out safely. :scared:

Arteen

Smash Lord
We've seen a bunch of ATs, but haven't seen any of the (non-third-party) hidden ATs yet. Hopefully we'll see what's become of them soon.

Pssst, Sakurai, show off a Felix assist trophy. You know you want to.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I just wonder how they're all going to factor into All-Star.
Glad I'm not the only one who was wondering that. He just kind of randomly dropped that piece of info during the Smash Direct and has said nothing about it since. =/

He did say that there will be A LOT of ATs.

Hopefully Isaac ain't one of them. We've come too far. lol

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I just wonder how they're all going to factor into All-Star.
I'm still thinking Sakurai didn't really mean them to be in All Star-mode, just figuratively saying that the ATs are also "All Stars" akin to playable characters. (Which I find kinda happy to hear). I already posted on one other thread about how in earth might that work, such as Lyn being too OP (because giving extra animations to her would be quite some work) and also other ATs that don't fight seem also bit odd to implement and chaotic to deal with if there's also fighters in the fray. Also, do you have to defeat them or will they be an annoying thorn on your side? I keep thinking such fights as Andross + Star Fox teaming up on you.

In anycase, I'm really hopin' Isaac's still not "next in line". Maybe these deconfirmations might hint at something?

Last edited:

ferioku

Smash Ace
Wow, didn't realize how many haters Isaac has, everywhere I go, there is also someone posting about how much they don't want him in the game and how they would rather have characters such as K rool and Ridley T_T!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Wow, didn't realize how many haters Isaac has, everywhere I go, there is also someone posting about how much they don't want him in the game and how they would rather have characters such as K rool and Ridley T_T!
I want all three. :D Isaac is my #2, but K. Rool is my #1.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I want all three. :D Isaac is my #2, but K. Rool is my #1.
I honestly don't mond K. Rool or Ridley, In fact I want them in, it's just the people who repeatedly say that Isaac doesn't deserve a spot for stupid reasons such as "His name" when they don't even know the character or even tried Golden Sun...

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I honestly don't mond K. Rool or Ridley, In fact I want them in, it's just the people who repeatedly say that Isaac doesn't deserve a spot for stupid reasons such as "His name" when they don't even know the character or even tried Golden Sun...
I haven't really seen people complain about Isaac. Right now I see more complaints about Shulk than Isaac, the only other thing I see is people saying they don't think Isaac will be playable, not that they don't want him for some stupid reason.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
That's disappointing. I think all 3 of them could make for legitimately fun characters. So far, I'm just glad that Issac hasn't been shown off as an assist yet. I can hope that it'll mean something good.

ferioku

Smash Ace
I haven't really seen people complain about Isaac. Right now I see more complaints about Shulk than Isaac, the only other thing I see is people saying they don't think Isaac will be playable, not that they don't want him for some stupid reason.
I'm seeing quite a lot of them recently on YouTube.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It doesn't mean anything but if Isaac is an assist I would have thought a character like Prince of Sable would be more likely to be a secret Assist trophy than Isaac.

It makes me wonder if maybe Isaac won't be a secret/unlockable assist anymore.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Yeah, with the number of new Assist Trophies, I wouldn't expect any of the old ones, no matter what their status, would fall into that role again. I think if he was an AT, he'd be an early confirmed starter AT.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, with the number of new Assist Trophies, I wouldn't expect any of the old ones, no matter what their status, would fall into that role again. I think if he was an AT, he'd be an early confirmed starter AT.
I think they're not announcing all the returning AT's because they did promote one other AT to playable. I don't get the whole idea of unlockable AT's, anyway. It doesn't make much sense to me. The only "unlockable AT's" that do make sense are third-parties and franchises that are completely unlockable.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
But he can use Eruption. :troll:
True. Maybe that's why they made Ike's Eruption blue. So that his Saturos alt can use the classic red.

I know Ike's Eruption was blue in game, but shush..

I think they're not announcing all the returning AT's because they did promote one other AT to playable. I don't get the whole idea of unlockable AT's, anyway. It doesn't make much sense to me. The only "unlockable AT's" that do make sense are third-parties and franchises that are completely unlockable.
Well, Isaac was one of the most powerful ATs. The only move in the game that I know that can affect fighters with invincibility. Maybe they felt that was too powerful to be immediately available? :)

I do love that both of my favorite AT fighters (Lyn and Isaac) are also the most absurdly broken OP ones.

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I really want to see Isaac as a playable character, not just because he has a ton of potential to be a unique character, but because it'd boost Golden Sun's popularity in the same vein as Fire Emblem, maybe to the point where Camelot would be encouraged to make a new game.
I've got my doubts though, especially since there are so many popular rumors out there, and none of them mention Isaac. And it makes sense, because while Isaac's a popular choice for a playable character, there are series that are more deserving (strictly in terms of current sales/popularity) than Golden Sun that are yet to be represented in the game. And since we're reaching "the bottom of the stash", things look pretty grim. But gosh, I just want him in so bad!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I really want to see Isaac as a playable character, not just because he has a ton of potential to be a unique character, but because it'd boost Golden Sun's popularity in the same vein as Fire Emblem, maybe to the point where Camelot would be encouraged to make a new game.
I've got my doubts though, especially since there are so many popular rumors out there, and none of them mention Isaac. And it makes sense, because while Isaac's a popular choice for a playable character, there are series that are more deserving (strictly in terms of current sales/popularity) than Golden Sun that are yet to be represented in the game. And since we're reaching "the bottom of the stash", things look pretty grim. But gosh, I just want him in so bad!
For Smash iconic status, though, what can beat Isaac? He's the perfect representative of Nintendo's JRPGs, and the GBA era.

ThatShadowLink

Smash Ace
NNID
ThatShadowLink
I've got my doubts though, especially since there are so many popular rumors out there, and none of them mention Isaac. And it makes sense, because while Isaac's a popular choice for a playable character, there are series that are more deserving (strictly in terms of current sales/popularity) than Golden Sun that are yet to be represented in the game.
If you're referring to Shulk, one thing to note is that Xenoblade did worse than both of the first two Golden Sun games. If Isaac got shelved to Assist Trophy after two million seller GBA games, things don't look good for Shulk.

Also, I'm new around these parts. I've been around supporting Takamaru mostly but now that he's been deconfirmed, I've decided to come here and show my support for Isaac, who's in my top three. Sign me up on the supporters list, please.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well in terms of the 'rumors' you need not worry much. Sakurai's roster ideals do not follow the 'rumors'. We all learned this in Brawl when we all thought that R.O.B was a deconfirmed character. He ended up appearing in just one leak IIRC, and that was the leak that ended up being true.

Exactly which series are more worthy of representation, anyway? If Sakurai can add a second character to Kid Icarus, when it was a dead series for decades, yet one successful revival title lands it a second character, then I think that Isaac's inclusion is FULLY justified. I thought he deserved it in Brawl, too. But we do have to remember that Golden Sun did get representation in Brawl. It wasn't everything we wanted, but it happened, and since then Golden Sun has seen a new title. While it wasn't as well received, I think Golden Sun definitely deserves it at this point.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If you're referring to Shulk, one thing to note is that Xenoblade did worse than both of the first two Golden Sun games. If Isaac got shelved to Assist Trophy after two million seller GBA games, things don't look good for Shulk.

Also, I'm new around these parts. I've been around supporting Takamaru mostly but now that he's been deconfirmed, I've decided to come here and show my support for Isaac, who's in my top three. Sign me up on the supporters list, please.
This is really, exactly why I think if Shulk is playable in the game, so is Isaac.

D

Deleted member

If you're looking for complaints, go to GameFAQS. I swear to God that's Ridley heaven, and I got nothing against Ridley... but I still think he should remain a boss. The people who will be hurt the most by Sakurai will be those guys.

Oh, today looks like it's going to be Assist Trophy week. Prince Sable from "The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls" has been revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
If you're looking for complaints, go to GameFAQS. I swear to God that's Ridley heaven, and I got nothing against Ridley... but I still think he should remain a boss. The people who will be hurt the most by Sakurai will be those guys.

Oh, today looks like it's going to be Assist Trophy week. Prince Sable from "The Frog For Whom the Bell Tolls" has been revealed.
Yup. Like how last week was Assist Trophy week after Takamaru's AT confirmed at the start. Good times, good times....

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

I'm calling it right now Shulk and Isaac are both in.
I suppose there's a reason that Isaac's Assist Trophy hasn't been shown yet and Shulk has been likely for a while anyway, so I'm pretty confident in saying they're both in.
I'm a little optimistic.:chuckle:

SirRob

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SirRobX
3DS FC
3394-4061-9856
I wouldn't compare Isaac to Shulk-- If Shulk is getting in, it'll be because his series is new, with another game on the way. If this was the case with Isaac, I think he'd be guaranteed, but he's sort of in that position where he's neither a retro character or a modern one. I think Rhythm Heaven would be a more direct comparison, since that series also originated on the GBA, and has since gained increasing popularity.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

For the record the game sold incredibly well for the way it was produced, unlike Golden Sun, Xenoblade was sold through a single retailer and at a limited quantity,and they sold out.
So, in other words it wasn't the fans fault it sold bad, it was Nintendo's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom