• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
So, I'm all for the lighthouse as the Golden Sun stage, but what do you think of the stage being all the lighthouses? Basically what I think would be cool would be you start in the Mercury lighthouse, it crumbles after it is lit and you fall into the ship which flies you to the next lighthouse.

I'm fairly indifferent to stage bosses, but it could culminate with the Doom Dragon on top of the Mars lighthouse.
Actually, I also have always thought one collective Lighthouse would be cool. I think it would work well as the basic Lighthouse platform with an Elemental Star in the background. The giant orb changes between the four elements periodically, and the stage suffers the effects (fire plumes for Mars, changing winds for Jupiter with lightning bolts, icy platforms and water spouts for Mercury, and the stage splitting and rocks shooting upward for Venus). It would probably need a cool down time between elements, a dormant stage if you will.

Since the Gen 6 Pokémon League already does this kind of gimmick on the Wii U, I'd prefer this stage on the 3DS. Plus, the Orb in the background and action in the foreground would look really cool in 3D.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I could really see them showing another misleading trailer like they did with Rosalina. If I recall correctly, they said they were going to talk about Mario Kart 8, but then showed Rosalina's reveal trailer. Lots of people got confused, thinking, "What the deuce is Kirby doing in Mario Kart?" Until the Smash footage started showing, almost nobody knew what the heck was going on.

I could see them doing something similar during the Hyrule Warriors direct. The reveal trailer could start with a scene displaying Ganondorf, whom is up to no good, then the whole thing slowly, but surely, turns into a Smash newcomer reveal. Once that is done with, THEN they will proceed to the Hyrule Warriors details.

[Shrugs] That being said, though, mine hopes are not too high for any newcomer reveal on Monday. Right now, I am more worried about tomorrow, which is the anniversary of Golden Sun's debut in Japan.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Training theme was part of the NES-Medley song on the Mario bros stage.
That's true, though I don't know if that really counts, I mean there are like a dozen games in that medley, some whom will never realistically be getting characters.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
That's true, though I don't know if that really counts, I mean there are like a dozen games in that medley, some whom will never realistically be getting characters.
Yeah, like Gyromite....
Wait.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Well the PotD had no relation to Isaac, so Isaac lives another day.

I was a little nervous about that, as Sakurai hasn't really shied from revealing (previously) unlockable content when he has had a reason to. He revealed Luigi and Toon Link, so what would revealing an AT be, you know?

It's interesting but still could mean nothing.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This week wasn't AT week, though. If it was AT week I'd be dead-set positive Isaac was in, but he's certainly hanging on for a long time.

Arteen

Smash Lord
For better or worse, not a hint of Golden Sun today.

Six weeks is not a lot of time to reveal anymore newcomers, and Isaac's far from the only Brawl assist trophy not yet revealed. Honestly it's looking more and more like he'll be an AT again, but at least we will know soon enough.

ferioku

Smash Ace

Six weeks is not a lot of time to reveal anymore newcomers, and Isaac's far from the only Brawl assist trophy not yet revealed. Honestly it's looking more and more like he'll be an AT again, but at least we will know soon enough.
I think I need to give up hoping for him being playable, it's impossible to know how he will be added to the game, which just causes a lot of problems. Anyway, we will see in around 1 months time =/

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240

You say that like every single last newcomer has to be revealed within the next six weeks.

That very well may happen, but it also might not.

iam8bit

Smash Ace
I dunno guys, I'm feeling good about Isaac's chances... there's been little things that make me believe he's in.

But yeah, we will know for sure soon enough. For now, let's keep hoping!

Since the Gen 6 Pokémon League already does this kind of gimmick on the Wii U, I'd prefer this stage on the 3DS.
Your idea sounds really cool.

That said, I'd definitely prefer for it to be on Wii U. I just want a Golden Sun stage in beautiful HD... I'd pee myself from excitement if that's ever revealed... LOL.

Last edited:

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
I dunno guys, I'm feeling good about Isaac's chances... there's been little things that make me believe he's in.

But yeah, we will know for sure soon enough. For now, let's keep hoping!

Your idea sounds really cool.

That said, I'd definitely prefer for it to be on Wii U. I just want a Golden Sun stage in beautiful HD... I'd pee myself from excitement if that's ever revealed... LOL.
Why, thank you! In an ideal scenario, the Golden Lighthouse would be 3DS while a different stage would be WiiU, so we'd get both. ^__^

If it came down to getting him as a clone or an AT, would you guys go for a clone? Like, what if he's a Robin clone without the deterioration gimmick? Personally, if it meant getting him in the game, I'd take him as a clone in a heartbeat.

Arteen

Smash Lord
He could be a Peach clone for all I care.

He'd use the hover gem to float. He could toss out a giant hand instead of Toad. Instead of turnips he'd throw djinn with different effects. It's so obvious!

Oz37

Smash Journeyman
NNID
smozzy
He could be a Peach clone for all I care.

He'd use the hover gem to float. He could toss out a giant hand instead of Toad. Instead of turnips he'd throw djinn with different effects. It's so obvious!
This needs to happen. I want Peachy-Isaac. He will be unstoppable.

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Fast Falling Peach clone Isaac. I can dig that, even if it was meant as a joke.

Doesn't help that I dreamt about him being an assist again... twice in the span of two weeks. :(

But let's not give up hope yet. There's gotta be SOMETHING to get excited about as far as at least hidden characters are concerned. Isaac is my realistic last hope.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Crisis averted!

At this rate Isaac is probably going to be a secret character if he's playable. Since around now would be a perfect time to reveal him.

I'm not too fussed since I expected this outcome from the start.

Last edited:

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I'm losing hope. The closer and closer we get with no character reveals, combined with the whole "nearing the bottom of the pile" for newcomer videos is making me think we'll get Shulk & Chorus Kids and be done with it.

T_T

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I'm losing hope. The closer and closer we get with no character reveals, combined with the whole "nearing the bottom of the pile" for newcomer videos is making me think we'll get Shulk & Chorus Kids and be done with it.

T_T
I think we might get Shulk. I don't think the Chorus Kids have a chance.

Besides, even without a trailer, he could be in-game. Secret newcomer!

Last edited:

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I think we might get Shulk. I don't think the Chorus Kids have a chance.

Besides, even without a trailer, he could be in-game. Secret newcomer!
I hope we get neither, if just for the fact that at least the last newcomers would be a complete surprise. It would help soothe my wounds.

I know I'll love this Smash game, and I know Isaac isn't a top-tier choice, but damn I will be super disappointed if he doesn't get in. So far there's no newcomers that I'm super excited about playing (maybe Robin) so I'll probably just go back to Ike and Ganon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Anniversary, eh? I wouldn't have expected him today then.

It is more Sakurai - like to drop the bomb when no one is expecting it. :p

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
No announcement on anniversary day is sad, though. We've only got thirty days left until the Japanese release. Running out of time. We may only get one more announce trailer (I had thought two).

Xenigma

Smash Lord
NNID
Xenigma
There should be at least one more reveal prior to release and it's been proven that Smash doesn't even need a proper Direct to release a newcomer trailer. As for whether Isaac could be a newcomer, well, at least he has yet to be deconfirmed, right?

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
There should be at least one more reveal prior to release and it's been proven that Smash doesn't even need a proper Direct to release a newcomer trailer. As for whether Isaac could be a newcomer, well, at least he has yet to be deconfirmed, right?
I don't think we'll know all the characters before release, but Isaac is a pretty big one. He's only ignored by most because Dark Dawn didn't do that well, which is a shame, because the trend as a whole is that all the newcomer characters (so far) are from franchises that have been in new titles since Brawl. Technically, even Isaac fits that role, too. (Ironically, Chorus Men don't, or at least, they haven't been in a game about as long as K. Rool really.)

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I could really see them showing another misleading trailer like they did with Rosalina. If I recall correctly, they said they were going to talk about Mario Kart 8, but then showed Rosalina's reveal trailer. Lots of people got confused, thinking, "What the deuce is Kirby doing in Mario Kart?" Until the Smash footage started showing, almost nobody knew what the heck was going on.
The Smash logo in front is sort of a dead giveaway, no? I mean, I can see why some people would have not known what it meant when Rosalina was revealed and thus it would trick them, but we've seen the smash logo cut into the darkness so many times now I doubt we could be fooled. However having one at all during a Hyrule Warriors Direct might be the trick. Regardless I plan on watching the Direct, because HW seems pretty awesome. I would imagine we would get a Zelda Newcomer if that were the case, but Sakurai does like his jokes.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The Rosalina trailer didn't have the firey Smash intro in the Direct, only in the individual trailer afterwards.

The same thing could happen again, but since it hasn't happened since, I kinda doubt it.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
The Smash logo in front is sort of a dead giveaway, no? I mean, I can see why some people would have not known what it meant when Rosalina was revealed and thus it would trick them, but we've seen the smash logo cut into the darkness so many times now I doubt we could be fooled. However having one at all during a Hyrule Warriors Direct might be the trick. Regardless I plan on watching the Direct, because HW seems pretty awesome. I would imagine we would get a Zelda Newcomer if that were the case, but Sakurai does like his jokes.
There wasn't a smash logo during the direct Rosalina was shown in.

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
Mother's 25th anniversary was last week and we still don't have any news of those characters.

I wouldn't be too worried about "running out of time", after all, we don't even know for sure if they'll announce all of the characters before release (right?).

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I don't know why people still think anniversaries mean anything as far as reveals go. It's only Smash ones that seem to carry any weight.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
There wasn't a smash logo during the direct Rosalina was shown in.
No? I thought there was. Well that is interesting then. If Sakurai wants to trick us, he can by removing it. I still doubt anything will happen, but I do enjoy surprises.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero

T_T
I believe secret newcomers won't get trailers. Sakurai said at one point that not every newcomer would get one, so I'm guessing those would be secret characters.

We're about over a month away from the Japanese release of the 3ds version and yet there's still so many characters to reveal if secret characters are no longer a thing. It stands to reason there would be a few (2 or 3 maybe) secret newcomers. That's on top of the non secret newcomers getting a trailer.

I'd be shocked if secret characters returned and yet there were no newcomers among them.

Arteen

Smash Lord
I believe secret newcomers won't get trailers. Sakurai said at one point that not every newcomer would get one, so I'm guessing those would be secret characters.

We're about over a month away from the Japanese release of the 3ds version and yet there's still so many characters to reveal if secret characters are no longer a thing. It stands to reason there would be a few (2 or 3 maybe) secret newcomers. That's on top of the non secret newcomers getting a trailer.

I'd be shocked if secret characters returned and yet there were no newcomers among them.
I've never heard the bolded part before. Source?

Top Bottom