• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

MistaBimBims

Smash Cadet
I always thought the fact that stages were counterpicks meant that they were better suited for some characters over others to the point where they could not be selected for game 1.

But I mean, if I come home and there's no Stadium on the stage list, I'm pretty much going to keep my mouth shut and enjoy it.
I see what you did there. Haha.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
after careful deliberation i've decided on the following stage list for tomorrow. no counterpicks, but we'll be using the five greatest stages of all time

1. Green Green's
2. Green Green's
3. Green Green's
4. Green Green's
5. Green Green's

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
and let's get some **** recorded. it's been way too long. zac is bring his stuff. miles are you bringing yours? anyone is welcome to record, but if you want to record deep bracket matches you have to be willing to upload them to the meleepacwest channel

also, as a reminder i want to track set results in greater detail, so i'll have handouts that look something like this tomorrow:

will do this from ~quarters on. i don't want to bother players, so i'll prob ask people watching to help out. plenty of people watch these matches anyway. if you want to help and can commit to staying late then i'll hook you up w/a venue discount (prob capped ~3 people). this should also be helpful to the pr for future rankings updates

edit: i see you lord

Shroomed

Smash Master
I havent been so excited for a local in a while. Im definitely juiced to see how this one goes with my brownie powers. Trollface tourney is go!

:phone:

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
lol, well i was going to keep this up until the tourney started but i don't want you showing up high, at least not b/c you think there is only one legal stage. we'll figure out the singles ruleset at some point before singles starts but it's not going to be all green green's (though i would love that)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
Um I will bring my set up, but I dont see why I should have to upload to the pacwest channel.

I am trying to make money out of my channel, just got the email from google about making some money off my vids, although I am to lazy to create the other accounts need and the money is probably next to nothing...

I dont see why I need to upload to someone elses channel.

Have we ever had a problem finding vids?

I mean I go through the effort of labeling each vid and tagging it.

Psh.

Just saying.

TLDR

I dont want to have to upload to someone elses channel. ****.

HOWthe you gunna tell me what to do with what I record, I ALWAYS upload with the quickness.

Genesis 2 vids up the same night (Grand finals)

S**************** son.

<333333

Ima be there at 6pm hopefully **** is still poppin.

I like having vids on my channel as a reflection of my hobby and interests.

SFAT

Smash Ace
Miles, the point of the MeleePacWest Channel is just to get some organization and unity among the community. We're not discrediting you or your channel, nor is the MeleePacWest channel one persons channel; it's a group channel with uploaders from the other PacWest states. I mean if you aren't going to be there until 6 anyways, you're going to miss the majority of the tournament anyways.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
miles, please don't take it personally. i respect that you have aspirations for your channel, but the pacwest channel is also developing and i'd like to help it. that's not meant to be a slight against you or your channel. i'm not going to tell anyone they literally cannot record--the more videos the better--so i shouldn't have said you have to be willing to upload to melee pacwest. however, i'd just like to see itt matches find their way to that channel and i wanted to be upfront about that

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
1: SFAT ($80.50)
2: Shroomed ($23.00)
3: Shawty69 ($11.50)
4: Volroth
5: Alan
5: Mooninite
7: doyoung2win
7: StopNStart
9: Tafokints
9: Tang
9: Fribjits
9: Myl
13: Berto
13: Ky Jelly
13: H20
13: Andy
17: Sebastian
17: MistaBimsBims
17: Blue Mycon
17: Clayton
17: Myko
17: tarheeljks
17: Jin
17: AKARed

edit: shawty69 is joeplicaete, volroth is rey (lunin)

teams:

1) sfat/tafokints
2) alan/dajuan
3) sheridan/joeplicate

for the singles stagelist we did 5 neutrals and no bans

joeplicate

Smash Master
super fun amazing tournament
twilight afterward was awesome in a really grimy gruesome visceral way LOL

dajuan: thanks for driving me back
zaC: good **** my little man
shawty69: damn shawty u fine
alan: is tight
julian: is also super tight
sheridizzle: wish you coulda stayed, hope dinner with fam was fun
fribjits: owned me at pokemon puzzle league, let's play again with non-gc controllers :)
everybody i played in tourney: good stuff :)

it was sweet seeing some new faces!!
and all the old ones too of course

clayton remind me of your last name again so we can get in contact and play sometime in santa cruz =]

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Blue Mycon - Dude you're not blue at all! But tight set. I know you're not gonna mess up 3rd game next time.
SFAT - wow.
Fribjits - I want your name to be "Fridge bits". Getting closer too...good thing Luigi vs Falcon is soooo gay.
StopNstart - MAD CLOSE SET.
Joe - Your tournament performance after our set showed why you deserved to win.

MistaBimBims - I award you rapest first tournament goer, ever.
Andy - nice beard
Julian - I love how you do so much **** for norcal.
Berto - stupid young link using ***
Everyone else (and you too Doyoung) - you **** for going to tournaments.

joeplicate

Smash Master
omg moon our set was so close
you definitely could've won =O

and if you watched me vs rey he SHOULD'VE won LOL

but you get lucky sometimes. i'm glad i got a chance to win those sets back and i'm happy that i could =]

plus i got to put in some work against zac too, yeayuhzzz

Top Bottom