• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is That Tournament: December 10th, 2011

Shroomed

Smash Master
Mitchell's going for sure as well Alan. I don't quite know about Jeff though, but I do know that Mitchell is attempting to get him to go.

Violence

Smash Lord
Quadruple occupancy, which is 2 beds, is $169 a night at the Hyatt, which is down the road from the venue.

Beautiful views in these New Brunswick accommodations combine with a warm, modern decor in a spacious 247-square-foot room. Relax upon two double Hyatt Grand Beds, fitted with luxurious linens, a down throw and plush pillows - piled atop an irresistible pillow-top mattress. Enjoy deluxe amenities including a generous work area, wireless high-speed Internet access, dual-line speakerphone with voicemail, new deluxe baths with Neutrogena products, and complimentary morning newspaper. Take advantage of cable / satellite channels and video-on-demand on the 32-inch LCD TV, a coffee maker, video checkout, a roomy separate sitting area and an iHome clock radio and iPod dock.
I'm pretty sure with a couch and a couple chairs(I don't mind sleeping in chairs), we can fit at least 6 people, more if people bring sleeping bags and crap, 7 people would make it like like $24 a night per person for four nights, assuming people coming in Thursday night and headed out Monday. Roughly, 100 per person.

Are we looking to get housed instead? Or should I book this?

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
Yea, it is, but the alternative would be that we would probably have to get a rent-a-car and find a miracle in terms of housing, considering that this is a national.

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
let's talk about rules

idk whether you guys have seen the proposed mbr stagelist/ruleset. if not take a look, if so what do you guys think/want to do? honestly i'd rather just scrap pokemon stadium and go w/the previous stagelist/ruleset proposed in this thread-- strike/select from the 5 neutrals with no bans in best of 5. if not that i would actually prefer to expand the cp list rather than leave ps as the only counterpick. thoughts?

edit: also entertaining moving bo3 sets to bo5 and bo5 sets to bo7. think it is doable timewise. i am willing to be a **** to people about playing friendlies or disappearing if need be and everyone likes playing more matches

what ruleset do we want to use?

also a reminder

also, i want to keep more detailed tournament records. i'm interested in set counts, characters used, and stages played. also interested in the w-l records within a set on a particular stage, for a particular matchup, etc. i'd like to to also record stock differentials in each game as well, again noting stages and matchups, but i may restrict that to later rounds of bracket

also let's do a side event. low tier tourney, banned stages, crews etc

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
also, brandon cannot come and he often brings 3-4 tvs, so we need to pick up that slack. please post in here if you can bring a tv/cube/wii. extension cords would also be extremely helpful

ANGER

Smash Rookie
I need a ride to the tourney. Willing to pay gas and parking. If you live in SF or South San Francisco Area, PM me.

L__

Smash Master
well the stages I want aren't really good since they really skew character benefits such as green greens and flatzone and such

idk

I could probably come up with a serious answer but for now I'll settle on "I want fun stages" since this game is boring for me now

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Julian has no qualms about allowing GG, just sayin.

I agree with the all neutrals over the lone cp being stadium. Maybe find another stage to put beside stadium (preferably one that favors not fox/falco).

However, I agree wholeheartedly with jungle japes in teams, but i'd like it even more if you swapped JJ for GG.

<----Abbreviates like a boss.

Violence

Smash Lord
I've always thought that if Spacies get this magical counterpickland called Stadium, that Brinstar should always be around to balance it out for the floaties. But maybe that isn't a fair comparison?

I dunno, how do people feel about Brinstar in general?

pockyD

Smash Legend
stop it STOP IT the stage list is NOT supposed to 'balance things out'!

if both the stages favor different characters to that extent then it's likely that they're both not fair and not worthy of play!

MistaBimBims

Smash Cadet
stop it STOP IT the stage list is NOT supposed to 'balance things out'!

if both the stages favor different characters to that extent then it's likely that they're both not fair and not worthy of play!
as much as i agree with that, the only plausible solution i can see to that is either ban spacies and floaties or play on three or four stages

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
I am of the opinion that the stage list shouldn't be specifically tailored to balance the metagame. Stages are in/out depending on their inherent mechanics and the relevant skills to them, not whether they favor a certain set of characters.

Also I will only be around for teams, therefore who wants to team with me?

Violence

Smash Lord
If that's the general sentiment, then I guess you guys are going 5 neutrals no counterpicks.

I always thought the fact that stages were counterpicks meant that they were better suited for some characters over others to the point where they could not be selected for game 1.

But I mean, if I come home and there's no Stadium on the stage list, I'm pretty much going to keep my mouth shut and enjoy it.

Top Bottom