• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is SSB64 Still Worth Playing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBluAssassin

Smash Apprentice
I want to get this game because I loved it as a kid, but I'm afraid I'm just feeling nostalgic and might not like it that much if I play it again. I mean, SSBM and SSBB were huge improvements, so is there really any reason to go back to SSB64 after playing SSBM and Brawl? Well, besides the awesome intros that each character had (like Mario coming out of a pipe), of course.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
SSBM and SSBB are different games, whether they are improvements is really up to the individual. I prefer the original SSB. I think the average competitive player would say melee > 64 > brawl, but its all what you prefer. Honestly, you probably have never played 64 at an advanced level (no offense), so I think you would really enjoy learning advanced techniques and the new mindgames they allow. It really brings the game to a whole new level. Another awesome thing about the game is the better you get, the more fun the game becomes.

So is it worth playing again? Yes x1000

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I'm not sure what answers you'd expect when posting this question in the ssb64 forum?

Do you really think anyone is going to say no you shouldn't play it lol?

It's a fun game. Plus it has lag free/low delay online play, something brawl and melee don't have.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Agree with laser pro^

Your opinion based question strongly suggests you already have an answer.

If you're looking for reasons to play beyond nostalgia, sheer hit the nail on the head in his post.

:phone:

M!nt

Smash Champion
It's a fun game /) ^3^(\
You should give it a try

TANK64

Smash Lord
I want to get this game because I loved it as a kid, but I'm afraid I'm just feeling nostalgic and might not like it that much if I play it again. I mean, SSBM and SSBB were huge improvements, so is there really any reason to go back to SSB64 after playing SSBM and Brawl? Well, besides the awesome intros that each character had (like Mario coming out of a pipe), of course.

W
T
F
Why?

EDIT: Yea bro, this games sucks.
No need to spend more time on it--- or in this section actually.
Thanks for making this thread. Have fun with Brawl.
The top left should take you to the main page, good luck :) .

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
There's a free online scene, something Brawl and Melee don't have. You can play whenever you want. There's also a massive learning curve, so keep that in your head before you get destroyed by people much better than you and rage about it. There's also tons of new players (noobs) these days, so you should have a blast.

MaskedMarth

Smash Ace
I want to go see some Shakespeare because I loved him as a kid, but I'm afraid I'm just feeling nostalgic and might not like him that much if I watch it again. I mean, Chekhov and Tennessee Williams were huge improvements, so is there really any reason to go back to Shakespeare after seeing Chekhov and Williams? Well, besides the awesome puns that each of his plays had (like the sex jokes at the beginning of Romeo and Juliet), of course.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Are you sure that people aren't just finding innuendos that aren't there, due to how easy it is to see everything as one (i.e. that's what she said)?

Wouldn't surprise me considering how you Englishy pieces of junk like to find hidden meanings in ****ing everything

I should go on Facebook while in this mood and go say some things I'll regret >=] >=]

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Are you sure that people aren't just finding innuendos that aren't there, due to how easy it is to see everything as one (i.e. that's what she said)?

Wouldn't surprise me considering how you Englishy pieces of junk like to find hidden meanings in ****ing everything

I should go on Facebook while in this mood and go say some things I'll regret >=] >=]
[this link is a bit too inappropriate]

The Star King

Smash Hero
The more often you disrupt conversation with a lmgtfy link the more of a douche you are

I'm sad now because of bully4life :(

ballin4life

Smash Hero
The more often you disrupt conversation with a lmgtfy link the more of a douche you are

I'm sad now because of bully4life :(
not disrupting the convo at all. just letting you know that it's well known that there are tons of dirty jokes in shakespeare. it's not people reading into things that aren't there.

didn't mean to hurt your feelings BRO

Spyro

Smash Ace
You should give it a try but if you want to keep going with It really up to you. If the game is good or not is all based around opinion, you can't actually prove one game is better than another.

Morin0

Smash Lord
if it wasnt worth playing then why are there still people playing it nearly 15 years later?
15? I think it's 13, dude.

EDIT: Actually, tomorrow is Smash 64's anniversary (NA) so it's 14 now basically. Sort of close to 15 now.

TANK64

Smash Lord
im sorry, but thats just silly logic
That's the point... based on the original comment- just saying Melee is an advancement of 64.

Based on? more chars/stages lol. Just saying Melee is better because of a later release/more "content"/better graphics doesn't work. Using that flawed logic makes Brawl the best smash game.

Also the fact that he just said that without stating any reasons.

I'm hoping you just didn't get that, and aren't going to post some incoherent rant about Melee being better just to justify your post (Because that wasn't the point >__> ). This isn't about Melee or Brawl lol.

Ciaza's the one who (rightfully) called out failed logic.

Original Post:
melee was an advancement on SSB, brawl was a marketing scheme
>____> read threads BRO.

****ing jackwagons...

Marvel, Halo, SF... yea, all of those LOGICALLY get better with every game of the series right?

Get it yet?

ZaXXoR

Smash Journeyman
if melee is an advancement on 64, brawl was an advancement on melee
Can you provide me some evidence? 64 Was basically melee with different movesets and less techskill, then brawl was just melee with flashier graphics and practically no techskill availability... P:M on the other hand is awesome

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Brawl was the best game. It had the most content and made the most sales.

It's just inferior from a competitive perspective, which is like less than 10% of people who bought the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom