• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it "unethical" in tournaments to ftilt the Starfox characters to like 100%?

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Ok I just had my first tournament with Sheik yesterday, so I am fairly new with the whole ethics in tournament thing. So my question is: Is it "unethical" in tournaments to ftilt the Starfox characters/Heavies to like 100% then kill? Because I totally locked a Wolf until 70 yesterday and he did not seem too pleased. Discuss please!

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
HAHAH. Nothing is unethical.

If you can do it, do it. I play DDD and Ice Climbers, and don't worry, Sheik's ftilt is not as bad as their cg's. (Or is it??? HAHAH.)

As long as it isn't banned, go for it if it means winning a match.

FreakingMethodiC

Smash Journeyman
Ok I just had my first tournament with Sheik yesterday, so I am fairly new with the whole ethics in tournament thing. So my question is: Is it "unethical" in tournaments to ftilt the Starfox characters/Heavies to like 100% then kill? Because I totally locked a Wolf until 70 yesterday and he did not seem too pleased. Discuss please!
Last time i checked Starfox characters can DI out of the tilt lock. Which means that if your opponent can't DI in the first place he should be playing at a tourney.

And there are much worse things then a tilt lock... like infinite grabs :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Last time I checked, they couldn't. Well, I know Fox and Wolf can't. Not sure about Falco.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Last time i checked Starfox characters can DI out of the tilt lock. Which means that if your opponent can't DI in the first place he should be playing at a tourney.

And there are much worse things then a tilt lock... like infinite grabs :p
They can't ROFL YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIM. He took his right hand and started spinning the control stick as fast as he could! HAAHAHA! it was a sight!

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
They can't ROFL YOU SHOULD HAVE SEEN HIM. He took his right hand and started spinning the control stick as fast as he could! HAAHAHA! it was a sight!
Next time tell him to actually DI.

JCav

Smash Lord
yeah i main wolf and there is A LOT more frustrating things than your character

so id say, dont worry about it

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ Nope. Towards Sheik apparently. At least that't what Snad says and it seems to work for me all the time.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
My thread doesn't cover SDI, under the logic that technically, you can SDI to escape out of any weak-attack-lock type combo, but ftilt's 4-frame or so hitlag makes it pretty difficult to SDI to any kind of useful consistency.

So, yes, you can SDI out. But you need some **** good timing and the hope that the other guy doesn't notice what you're trying to do.

Geist

Smash Master
Tournament play is all about who can win. So if it helps you win and it isn't banned, jump right on it.
But one thing to remember, punching your opponent is illegal in tourneys, but it is not in casual play. Watch out.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If your attempting to become a competitive player, then there is no such thing as unethical. If it's allowed........by all means do it.

Spacies are pretty much screwed if you get off an ftilt. SDI towards Sheik matters little to me, I just continue ftilting.

ddonaldo

Smash Journeyman
with proper DI the space mammals can avoid getting f-tilted to really high %. First of all u cant ftilt lock them from 0% since they can escape if % is too low and they can start to escape the lock WAY b4 100%. cant remember the exact % the can escape though

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
If you are in a tournament, by all means, f-tilt people to 500% if you can. Don't let "ethics" stop you.

If you are playing at home with friends, you just have to consider whether you want those people to like you. ;)

LordoftheMorning

Smash Champion
Yeah.... cheap is the scrub's term for "good and easy to do". Don't hold back any tricks you have up your sleeve. If he doesn't know how to DI out of it, it's his fault. If he doesn't know how to avoid getting hit by an ftilt, it's his fault.

Same thing goes for spam, basically. Except spam is predictable and easy to punish, so you really shouldn't hear any complaints about it anyways.

You should also gimp the living daylights out of Olimars with your tether (or without your tether ;)) among other similar actions.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
with proper DI the space mammals can avoid getting f-tilted to really high %. First of all u cant ftilt lock them from 0% since they can escape if % is too low and they can start to escape the lock WAY b4 100%. cant remember the exact % the can escape though
Not fox.. rofl he's screwed if he's ftilted.

Lore

Infinite Gravity
BRoomer
it is racist to bread lovers and space bikers.

Other than that, yeah, f-tilt them to oblivion and back.

"I have a dream that my three little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their eye patch, but by the content of their bread."

Exia 00

Smash Champion

"I have a dream that my three little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their eye patch, but by the content of their bread."
Lmfao! you are amazing ^_^

That made my day!

M15t3R E

Smash Master
If they don't know that it's possible to SDI towards Sheik to get out of the f-tilt "lock", they deserve to be f-tilted to 100%.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If they don't know that it's possible to SDI towards Sheik to get out of the f-tilt "lock", they deserve to be f-tilted to 100%.
That matters little, I can just turn around and resume the ****.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice

ROFL I LAUGH AT THE quote! (I CONTINUE TO FOLLOW U MARSULAS MUHUAHAHAHA!)

Top Bottom