• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it me, or is the Professional Smash communtinty are the nicest type around?

nightelf56

Smash Cadet
Like, I remember seeing a post by Panda talking about some kind of tourny. He lets people spend the night at his house. and stuff. And I've seen other things like this too.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
Most competitive Smashers are pretty chill; a lot of people do attribute this "nicety" to the fact that most tournaments foster friendship and a fun, competitive experience.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Yeah I have seen some pretty competetive flaming/arguing but they seem like nice people in general.

Wish I could say the same for the Sonic fan community. :(

0RLY

A great conversation filler at bars and parties
We're all nice. We may not smell the best, but the guys you see at the tournaments are the coolest guys (and gals) you'll evar meet!

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
"shrugs" all seems like cool dudes to me.

except this one time at a tournament where some kid was playing cpus on a set up. I asked him to play some friendlies.. he said no. I was confused as ****

ya but everyone else seems good, which is good too because competition can bring out the absolute WORST in people.

The Bird

Smash Apprentice
hmm, people at smashboards are nicer, a lot better than other websites for brawling(not insulting other websties). sadly i play for the fun of brawl (competitively) so i don't go to tourneys...

Wait, did i just say i play competitively but don't go to tourneys?, yes for people who ask i just like harder challenges in brawl :)

But what is the sonic fan community?, i've never heard of it before, does it have to do with brawl, or the sonic games, like the black knight one.

Denzi

Smash Master
I agree with everything said so far. You get ome oddballs from time to time, but most everyone is generally nice.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
It's a 'If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' kind of thing, especially when it comes to housing.
Since people travel all over for tourneys, it's nice to know you have people willing to host you, because you've hosted them in the past.

We all do what we can, because we all want the same thing in the end. We want the smash community to thrive.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Like, I remember seeing a post by Panda talking about some kind of tourny. He lets people spend the night at his house. and stuff. And I've seen other things like this too.
STFU. No JK

Gamers in general are nice, to an extent.
The only gamers who aren't nice are the ones called trolls who all the "nice" gamers lawl at.

Did I mention Gamers get lots of money, women and fame, we also have the biggest bulge among any other industry?
Did you also know whenever a gamer says "I have a _____ .......in my pants!" they are not lying? Obviously ______ can be filled with anything.
True stuff, I wouldn't make this up.

Smash community has no reason to be "rude" or anything of the sort, Smash is a social party game, while it can be played competitively I think that core aspect of "party, have a good time" carries onto it's players.

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Did I mention Gamers get lots of money, women and fame
Thats totally true in south Korea from what I've heard, lol. They're as big as athletes =P

Smash community has no reason to be "rude" or anything of the sort, Smash is a social party game, while it can be played competitively I think that core aspect of "party, have a good time" carries onto it's players.
QFT. Sakurai may have made some bad choices, but I really do think smash is the funnest fighting game series ever created.

kr3wman

Smash Master
Thats totally true in south Korea from what I've heard, lol. They're as big as athletes =P

QFT. Sakurai may have made some bad choices, but I really do think smash is the funnest fighting game series ever created.
I hate how that became a word.

Fighting Games Gamers are nice in general because most of the communities form offline since there is no good online no-lag frame-perfect fighter, to my knowledge. Sure, there is exceptions tho...

iMichael

Smash Lord
We are the nicest/best community...like HugS said...we're the only community where you'll see the guy who placed first go out to eat with the guy who placed dead last.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's a 'If you scratch my back, I'll scratch yours' kind of thing, especially when it comes to housing.
Since people travel all over for tourneys, it's nice to know you have people willing to host you, because you've hosted them in the past.

We all do what we can, because we all want the same thing in the end. We want the smash community to thrive.
Thats beautiful. *tear*

I can honestly say I haven't met anyone really bad who plays Smash. ._.

ook

Smash Lord
Fighting Games Gamers are nice in general because most of the communities form offline

Yeah, now that I think about it, that's probably true.
In a lot of online communities I've been in/seen, there's a lot of jackasses. Hell, even in online Smash there's a lot of jackasses.

But in person... people are pretty nice. I guess it's just, those types of people are too lazy, or think they have better things to do than travel to places in person. Online is easier for them :lick:

Or maybe it's the anonymity of the internet. Or maybe those people are too young to drive places. Or maybe they're just bad at socializing in person, so they don't try. Could be any number of things, but yeah, there's a lot more a jackasses online. (not saying anyone here is... but there are definitely some trolls on this site, lol)

DEEB

Smash Rookie
I agree, competitive Smashers are always chilled out, with of course the odd angry idiot here and there. It happens.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Smashboards is pretty chill, mainly because most peope know what they're talking about so there aren't too many arguments about stupid things, just with n00bs who troll.

GrayPlague

Smash Apprentice
Can't say much about competitive gaming, but compared to the Fire Emblem community, the only other one that I've been very active in, these guys are pretty good. Flaming abound with FE, especially when people mistake "Favorite Character" for "Best Character". So far, I'm also kinda sad to say that these guys happen to be generally more intelligent then the FE community (well, since FEWorld went down the toilet. May it rest in peace).

DKKountry

Smash Ace
Corneria... Fourth Planet of the Lylat System
I can honestly say I haven't met anyone really bad who plays Smash. ._.
Yea, there's the occasional angry less tamer-gamer-flamer, but the people who drag themselves across a state to go to a tournament at another Smasher's house aren't the evil internet hermits you might meet online.

Oh, and as a side note, I can't tell you how many times I've seen two smashers who were in a flame-war on a thread end up apologizing and "it's all good dude, I'm sorry I snapped" etc. in the same thread. To be honest, this doesn't seem to happen much in other forums/online communities/whatever.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
I wonder about this.

Hopefully it's talking about Sonic boards.
mission success?
No I meant the Sonic game fan community.

They're can be pretty angry. Can't blame them with all the crappy Sonic games, but yeah I kinda avoid it nowadays.

And WAY too many unoriginal fan characters.

DeliciousCake

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4313-1513-6404
You wanna know how friendly the pro Smash community is? 2 guys flagging down an ice cream truck outside ChuDat's place and getting a line of 20 gamers waiting for brightly colored overpriced popsicles, all the while everyone laughing at each other about how ******** the whole scene looks.

Black_Heretic

Smash Lord
You wanna know how friendly the pro Smash community is? 2 guys flagging down an ice cream truck outside ChuDat's place and getting a line of 20 gamers waiting for brightly colored overpriced popsicles, all the while everyone laughing at each other about how epic the whole scene looks.
fix'd

i want ice cream now...

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Strange, Smashboards I consider one of the pissier communities I've been part of. All this Melee vs. Brawl vitriol being thrown around and the tons of threads getting locked...the people at the Ushi No Tane (Harvest Moon) forums were a lot nicer. Though you guys get points for not taking me to task about how "RELIGION IS A LIE DURR YOU STUPID CATHOLI"C...*glares at dA's Shoutbox community*

Make Your Move community, that's another story. Those guys are awesome. High five, dudes.

Steelia

Smash Champion
Hmm. I'm sure it has something to do with them being "professionals"... As such, they try to act "professional" so to stand out from the crowd. Or something.
I don't know; nice observation, though. They're pros, therefore they're not... (Hint: noobs.) :chuckle:

psykoplympton

Smash Ace
the thing is that the real pros excercise humilty. youll notice that korean Dj never runs around bragging that hes amazing even though he is. its that messure of humbleness that makes this community so great. and i know the mass community, we have so much fun regardless of who wins or loses.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
the thing is that the real pros excercise humilty. youll notice that korean Dj never runs around bragging that hes amazing even though he is. its that messure of humbleness that makes this community so great. and i know the mass community, we have so much fun regardless of who wins or loses.
It's true.

I'm not that good, I hope to get like top 20 in HOBO maybe lolz.

lolz.

SuperLink9

Smash Lord
NNID
SuperLink9
Oh yeah Ushi No Tane is a great community too. It's probably the only forum I've gotten absolutely no grief in. :p

Then again I think a Bomberman forum could be nice (not many fans) but I havn't really found one.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Oh yeah Ushi No Tane is a great community too. It's probably the only forum I've gotten absolutely no grief in. :p

Then again I think a Bomberman forum could be nice (not many fans) but I havn't really found one.
Off topic, but pro-bomberman 64 is awesome.

wangston

Smash Lord
Smash is a community it's the same not matter where you go. I went going to BYU for college and the smash scene is just a nice and friendly. Everyone is chill and relaxed and we all play and we all have fun though there are some heated rivalrys we are all friends of the court haha.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
But what is the sonic fan community?, i've never heard of it before, does it have to do with brawl, or the sonic games, like the black knight one.
Probably the smash boardz community.

Well, I live in a suck a++ country so I'll never go ona turney(I did go on RARE ones here, srsly, wery rare, but those ppl r such newbs, I mean I can't believe that I was the one of the 2 ppl who played with GC controller) unless I go to USA(which I will when I get older)...The ppl on teh smash boardz r nice.

Mith_

Smash Champion

Wow thats really cool, letting people from other states stay with you for big competitions.

I'm not really into the BIG tourneys, because I'm not skilled enough and I'm not really allowed to travel with people my parents don't know, especially somebody from another state lololol. I remember this from when I played Yugioh, except the people were some serious serious d-bags. I think it has something to do with money. In a card game, people that spend the most money win, and people with lots of money to blow can get rude sometimes. In a console game, everything is available to you, so rich or not everybody has the same opportunity.

Wow I went off topic lol.

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
Wow thats really cool, letting people from other states stay with you for big competitions.

I'm not really into the BIG tourneys, because I'm not skilled enough and I'm not really allowed to travel with people my parents don't know, especially somebody from another state lololol. I remember this from when I played Yugioh, except the people were some serious serious d-bags. I think it has something to do with money. In a card game, people that spend the most money win, and people with lots of money to blow can get rude sometimes. In a console game, everything is available to you, so rich or not everybody has the same opportunity.

Wow I went off topic lol.
No no, that's definitely a fair point.

I agree with this. Especially when it comes to arcade games like Maximum Tune 3.
It's a game I'd like to be good at, but don't want to spend hundreds of dollars doing so.

nightelf56

Smash Cadet
You wanna know how friendly the pro Smash community is? 2 guys flagging down an ice cream truck outside ChuDat's place and getting a line of 20 gamers waiting for brightly colored overpriced popsicles, all the while everyone laughing at each other about how ******** the whole scene looks.

I had to put that as my sig.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
THatz got to be one HECK of memory on that event..

Smash Apprentice
I experienced from other sections of Esport (mostly Computergames) that the more successful and famous the players get, the more cocky they become.
I think it's mostly because there isn't such a big commecialization behind it, as f.e. at Counterstrike or UT.
Money and power = bad.

Top Bottom