• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it just me, or has Luigi become significantly more important recently?

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
He may as well be the main character of Super Paper Mario with how late he joins the party and
the final boss battle
, and he has two good RPGs where he shares the spotlight with Mario, the Mario & Luigi games. This all started up with Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube, even if it was a bad game, but Luigi's getting more and more regognized in the mainstream games. Super Mario Galaxy actually included Luigi, unlike Sunshine and 64, giving him a real role in the (Non existant) story.

If this continues, Luigi can hope to perhaps get another game of his own. His Final Smash could perhaps actually make sense and have him turn into Mr. L or use Brobot, and in either case Mr. L should be an alt costume. With Luigi's sky rocketing importance (And along with it popularity), he may get a decently large makeover in the next Smash game, making him all the more unique from Mario.

What do you all think of the green thunder's increasingly large roles in recent games?

Delta_BP26

Smash Ace
I loved Luigi's Mansion...

Well, he is getting very popular. If Hudson stopped making him look gay, maybe people who play Mario Party would respect him.

I think the fact that he owns so much in Brawl is a tribute to how good he is doing in the gaming industry. I mean, it's Weegee.

Samuelson

Smash Lord
Weegee is awesome and he deserves a lot more respect then he's getting right now, even if he is a coward. He is much sexier then Mario and Peach combined which is why they're trying to give him bigger roles in games.

MasterToshima

Smash Journeyman
yea ure right.

I would love to see Luigi's mansion 2 or another game where Luigi has bigger role than Mario. Mr. L costume in next smash would be awesome but only if they add Waluigi I already made up moveset 4 him :)

CR4SH

Smash Lord
I'll say what I've been saying all along.

Mario! Your princess is in another castle! Having sex with Luigi!

(don't tell mario)

Karptroopa

Smash Apprentice
I do think that Luigi is getting more popular at last. He has a big role in SPM, he has a (rather cruddy) game made for him (LM) and he's got nice moves in Brawl.

Mario definitely held the spotlight long enough. Time for moar Weegee luve!

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
I just wish Mario wern't so horribly generic. Really, if the series centered around Luigi, it being the Super Luigi Bros franchise, and Mario was still a generic idiot who never talked while Luigi kept his current personality, Mario would be HATED. It's a shame such an iconic character (Mario) is such a generic one.

I just hope the improved Luigi roles keep up. Another Mario & Luigi sequel is somewhat questionable with the lack of quality in partners in time. . .

What's also important is that he appears in the next 3D Mario game. He was heavily featured in galaxy, what with an actual story role and
being a secret playable character

If Super Paper Mario gets a direct sequel with Dimentio returning though, we'll get another Mario RPG with a juicy story (Compared to other Mario games) heavily featuring the green thunder. Of course the Paper Mario series will continue, but we must hope for Dimentio's return in it so Luigi doesn't get tossed aside. That and the fact Dimentio is already a superior version of Kefka anyway.

Waluigi has no chance whatsoever, but let's not leave that discussion for this topic. Go to the ssb4 discussion on general brawl discussion for that. Luigi being better in Brawl also means nothing, as Sakurai never truly balances the game, it all just. . ."comes out". He got no new moves in Brawl while some other characters did, so I wouldn't exactly say he got a lot of attention. Sakurai doesn't pay as much mind to the secret characters, and seeing Luigi has been only one of two characters (Alongside Jigglypuff) to be a secret character in all three games, that sadly won't change most probably.

Top Bottom