• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is it cheap to barrage your enemy with grenades?

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
If you are at a distance, it is considered cheap to just keep pulling out nade after nade and cooking/tossing them their way? I'm kind of afraid to do it, even though it can rack up the damage and help you win.
Help me with my moral dilemma! Thanks. =D

Neeq

Smash Rookie
You've got to fight to win, bro. If nade spam helps you win, go for it.

Tyberg29

Smash Cadet
^Gotcha, man. But still, spamming is spamming, and it feels just terrible to do! Argh, I guess I'll just have to bite the bullet and not care that I seem like a jerk! XD
Thanks, though, Neeq.

Cecilanius

Smash Journeyman
It's what you gotta do in this game. I wish this wasn't this way, but, I guess you're stuck with the guilt of spamming. Like me...

dj_pwn1423

Smash Journeyman
its a video game -_- no such thing as honor in game.

If I have to fight a snake spamming nades, at the end of the match I'll still shake his hand and walk of.

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
I couldn't give you an answer to take seriously seeing as how I have only been on the recieving end of the grenade spam but OVER 9,000 TIMES YES IT IS CHEAP!!!!!! =(

strike42

Smash Journeyman
this game doesn't know anything about cheap or honor, at the end of the day all that matters is doing what it takes to win(as long as it isn't against the turny rules)

-Ran

Smash Master
The use of grenades is a great spacing tool. They're very little lag/commitment to doing it, and when used properly they can prevent many approaches. They even kill at relatively decent percents.

SleeplessInKyoto

Smash Apprentice
I dont think spamming is cheap at all. First off, grenades can be thrown back. If you're cooking them long enough to throw them, then that leaves you wide open for attack. People just panic when grenades are thrown and the main use of it is to play mind games and put pressure on the enemy. But in reality, if all he does is roll towards you, and use shield to block the explosions, then a grenade spammer can easily be beaten. Its not cheap, its simply misunderstood.

StoleUrCar

Smash Journeyman
I've said it before and I'll say it again (echoing other people)...

Play to freakin' win.

Ikepwnsyou

Smash Cadet
hey i main snake, if i need some time to think i sit back and lob some nades, never really kills anyone though.

Doomed

Smash Rookie
Yes, it's really cheap. Anyway, spamming nades against a skilled player will make you lose the match, especially when your opponent is using a fast character.

'Fro

Smash Lord
Against a R.O.B. with good reading it can actually work against you, because he can blow them up in your hands with his lasers.

mogwaimon

Smash Apprentice
Nah, grenade spamming isn't cheap. They don't explode on impact unless you cook'em well enough and by that time the enemy could be in close range.

I think my competition hates me more when I shield-drop 'nades just as they're about to attack =P

....Well, actually, I haven't seen any Brawl match videos in a while, so maybe the other Snakes are doing something I'm not aware of with their grenades....

elunesgrace

Smash Rookie
I don't understand how grenade spamming and cheap can be associated with one another. Unless your opponent is just sitting around waiting to get hit, he won't be stuck in any such thing. In fact, the friend's i play with are so good vs grenades i hardly ever use them with my snake.

The only thing great about snake is his tilts and strategic value, and his up b prevents him from being anything more then a great character.

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
I don't understand how grenade spamming can be a reasonable strategy at all... All your opponent has to do is catch them and return to sender. Maybe I just haven't seen someone do grenade spam correctly, though.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Anyone can just dash and grab a grenade spammer. NOT a good thing to do against good players.

Shinsoku

Smash Rookie
Even spamming carries risks, so as long as your opponent is strong enough to think of a way to counter what you're using, all is fair.

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
There's nothing "cheap" in this game. Heck, even smash spamming by Olimar which causes me to lose every single game... not cheap. You just have to find a way around and counter. I haven't beaten the Olimar once. Still not cheap.

Besides, if it bothers you so much, have a grenade spamming frenzy with one another. If you still win, then it requires some bit of skill.

PKSkyler

Smash Lord
Uhhh playing snake is cheap so just go for it.

theres nothing really cheap in this game. you shouldnt feel bad for killing anyone/racking damage a certain way (except maybe CHAIN GRABS/INFINITES!)

Moustachio

Smash Apprentice
Spamming is only cheap if you are losing to an opponent that is doing it lol. Do what you need to do to win, and have no regrets.

SmashBrother2008

Smash Lord
It can't be cheap. If it is an effective move for Snake, then use it! Opponents will get so cuaght up in trying to dodge and catch, it's great.

smallwolf24

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0834-2422-8954
I say it depends on who you are fighting.

If it's with your friends I'm sure they would be annoyed and stop playing all together so I wouldn't spam against with my friends.

But if it's against a new opponent, then by all means do it, do what it takes to win, there are no rules in the game saying you can't spam against your enemy because ultimately this game is about kicking out your enemy off stage and doing that will ensure you survival and victory.

Top Bottom