• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is Falco the only character who can do BDACUS?

• Thread starter Deleted member 189823
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 189823

It looks pretty insane. I wonder who else can do it.

I'd feel dissapointed if it's only exclusive to him.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
No, there are a bunch of others as well.

Wolf, Falco, and Diddy are only some of them.

I mean it's only a buffered DACUS, lol.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Everyone can BDACUS, but I'm pretty sure only certain characters receive benefits from it.

To add to Sinisters list, Sheik can too.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Since every character can dacus, every character can bdacus as well.

:059:

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
On the topic of DACUSes, does the timing affect the length of the DACUS?
Whenever I do it with Falco (I do it with C-stick down--> Analog up+Z) it seems pretty small (smaller than when I do the BDACUS) but when I see other people do it with R set to attack (I don't know exactly what inputs they use but I hear they set R to attack to get the timing right) it's the same length as the BDACUS.

..And also with ****ing around, I learned that Pit's DACUS is shorter than his running usmash...is this also because of timing? Is his ideal DACUS length longer than his running usmash length?

D

Deleted member 189823

I thought only a select few could DACUS. As far as I know, only they can do it. Others like Mario, Luigi and Yoshi have can Up-Smash while sliding a bit.

C.J.

Smash Master
I thought only a select few could DACUS. As far as I know, only they can do it. Others like Mario, Luigi and Yoshi have can Up-Smash while sliding a bit.
Will be answered below:

Since every character can dacus, every character can bdacus as well.

This

On the topic of DACUSes, does the timing affect the length of the DACUS?
Whenever I do it with Falco (I do it with C-stick down--> Analog up+Z) it seems pretty small (smaller than when I do the BDACUS) but when I see other people do it with R set to attack (I don't know exactly what inputs they use but I hear they set R to attack to get the timing right) it's the same length as the BDACUS.

..And also with ****ing around, I learned that Pit's BDACUS is shorter than his running usmash...is this also because of timing? Is his ideal DACUS length longer than his running usmash length?
Yes timing does affect the length of the DACUS. Since Z is a macro for shield + attack the attack input is read by the game slightly later than if you had pressed a normal attack button at that time instead. This is why Sheik's DACUS can't be done with "Z" (too tight of a window- frame wise). It's possible to get a much longer DACUS length as Falco with Z, you just have to be quicker. You still probably won't get the frame perfect one without clawing/changing controls though.

If I had to guess, Pit's B/DACUS is shorter than his running usmash. The length of running usmashes are dependent on traction which is why Luigi's is so long for example. For a B/DACUS (this is what I've been told, and it makes sense, however it may not be 100% accurate) the length it goes is dependent on the speed that the character moves during their dash attack at the very beginning. The most obvious example for a long one is Sheik (she darts forward and moves far quicker and the beginning of her dash attack). For a short one, watch Marth use his dash attack. At the very beginning of the move he slows down which results in his B/DACUS being quite short. I don't have the game in front of me to test, but off of memory I believe that Pit's dash attack is slower at the very beginning. Assuming this to be true, then it's probable that Pit's B/DACUS is shorter than his running usmash.

In the future, ask questions here http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266590

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Just because a character doesn't slide doesn't mean it's not a DACUS.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
What do you mean you can't DACUS with Sheik with "Z"?

As in Z set to attack? I'm confused.

Sylarius

Smash Ace
Yes timing does affect the length of the DACUS. Since Z is a macro for shield + attack the attack input is read by the game slightly later than if you had pressed a normal attack button at that time instead. This is why Sheik's DACUS can't be done with "Z" (too tight of a window- frame wise)
Grab = Shield + Attack, the attack input is slightly later that's why you can't use grab for DACUS with Sheik

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
What do you mean you can't DACUS with Sheik with "Z"?

As in Z set to attack? I'm confused.
Default controls, as in Z set to grab.

The way that I (and probably many others) learned to DACUS is, with default controls (except I think tap jump has to be off? Not sure)
-Run
-Down on C-stick
-Up on joystick
-Z while still holding up on joystick (hold Z to charge)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Charizard's DACUS allows him to stop in place instantly, instead of getting the slide associated with a running U-Smash.

TreK

Is "that guy"
To add to the topic :
you can pick up an item with your dacus' dash attack, and keep it into your hand while you usmash. Especially useful against diddy for characters that don't have a great dash attack (who said Luigi ?)

TriforceOSM

Smash Cadet
Yes timing does affect the length of the DACUS. Since Z is a macro for shield + attack the attack input is read by the game slightly later than if you had pressed a normal attack button at that time instead. This is why Sheik's DACUS can't be done with "Z" (too tight of a window- frame wise). It's possible to get a much longer DACUS length as Falco with Z, you just have to be quicker. You still probably won't get the frame perfect one without clawing/changing controls though.

If I had to guess, Pit's B/DACUS is shorter than his running usmash. The length of running usmashes are dependent on traction which is why Luigi's is so long for example. For a B/DACUS (this is what I've been told, and it makes sense, however it may not be 100% accurate) the length it goes is dependent on the speed that the character moves during their dash attack at the very beginning. The most obvious example for a long one is Sheik (she darts forward and moves far quicker and the beginning of her dash attack). For a short one, watch Marth use his dash attack. At the very beginning of the move he slows down which results in his B/DACUS being quite short. I don't have the game in front of me to test, but off of memory I believe that Pit's dash attack is slower at the very beginning. Assuming this to be true, then it's probable that Pit's B/DACUS is shorter than his running usmash.
Yeah timing is very crucial actually. Link's DACUS reaches it's longest distance when the buttons are pressed at a slightly slower input than the fastest input. The fastest input of Link's DACUS is his shortest distance actually. The BDACUS's farthest distance is a little bit harder. To get the farthest distance the last input of Dash -> C-stick Up -> C-stick Up has to be right at the end of the animation. Extremely hard to time :/

Falco's DACUS reachest it's farthest at the fastest input. Same with Shiek, and Wario.

Shiny Mewtwo aka Jigglysir

PhD; Smash Community Studies
Premium
3DS FC
2191-7691-7941
Default controls, as in Z set to grab.

The way that I (and probably many others) learned to DACUS is, with default controls (except I think tap jump has to be off? Not sure)
-Run
-Down on C-stick
-Up on joystick
-Z while still holding up on joystick (hold Z to charge)
Tap Jump can be on, I use tap jump and I can DACUS consistently with Falco, Wario, Snake and Link.

Just found out from this topic that Z can't be used to DACUS with Sheik, So I'm going to go try R

C.J.

Smash Master
Z can be used, but it has to be set to attack. You can't use a grab macro is what I meant (which is the default setting for "Z").

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Z can be used, but it has to be set to attack. You can't use a grab macro is what I meant (which is the default setting for "Z").
This makes more sense.

I wasn't even aware you could DACUS with grab.

Top Bottom