• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is chain grabbing cheap?

UnSaxon51

Smash Journeyman
NNID
UnSaxon51
3DS FC
0619-3482-4034
Switch FC
SW 1864 9526 0695
Cheap? Yes.
Effective? Yes.
Awesome? Yes.
Aggravating? Yes.
Unavoidable? No.

Go crazy.

actmasterkings

Smash Cadet
if he quit then he just not a good sport. thats like saying i have a sword but he has a long sword. im gonna try to run away. NO!you just better fight. you cant just quit

XxBlackxX

Smash Ace
yea ^^ i think a lot of people see infinites as worse... for obvious reasons of course lol :p
I still think they should be banned but only because it wouldn't effect DDDs metagame (in terms of skill) barely at all if they still had cgs to work with which is already a significant advantage in a match, and would help even out the more one-sided matchups ^^
On infinites do you guys mean only standing infinites, or wall and ledge infinites as well? How about walkoffs?
ok....wall/ledge infinites are just bull****. walkoffs are kinda ******** too. the infinites i were defending the whole thread were the standing type.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
wait, which characters that can be infinited don't have him as their worst matchup... ? i'm pretty sure they all do...
I thought Luigi and Samus had worse matchups. Apparently I'm wrong? Technically, there is only one character D3 can infinite (Donkey Kong). The others will eventually break out and their "infinites" cannot be initiated at 0%.

edit: people are still under the delusion that you can somehow avoid his grabs the whole game if "you're good enough at spacing."
No one credible is claiming that.

look at any high level vids of DDD vs. someone who can get cg'd-> zel(DDD) vs. DSF(snake) for example.... (i hate using names ; ;... but ppl won't at least won't argue that he's anything below pro) and see how often he gets cg'd in the match... and say again that its cuz he couldn't space right...
Yes, with Snake, it's really a question of spacing and leaving yourself open as Snake can outspace opponents very well.

Hive

Smash Lord
I thought Luigi and Samus had worse matchups. Apparently I'm wrong? Technically, there is only one character D3 can infinite (Donkey Kong). The others will eventually break out and their "infinites" cannot be initiated at 0%.
i'm not sure for luigi ^^ actually luigi doesn't gets cg'd does he? only infinite? not sure how that works lol but.... I had a worse matchup thread awhile ago before it died... and in it the people who said anything with luigi usually supported DDD as one of his worse matchups... so I was going off that a bit I suppose ^^
yea, samus may have one or two worse matchups than DDD ^^... i'd say possibly olimar and mk... whether or not they surpass him though... DDD is still pretty much fatty penguin death to any samus if he knows what he's doing ^^ lol

No one credible is claiming that.
every like three posts someone throws that in lol XD i guess... just tired of hearing it :p...
wasn't addressinyou and matador though ^^ I don't agree with your opinions all the time...but your arguments are well thought out and intelligent ^^
I didn't realize most characters could break out of the infinite though ^^ what percentages do they start at? is it well into midpercentages or is it sill close to startup? Oh, and with the breaking out of infinites... does this work with wall infinites or primarily standing?

Mr.Saturn12

Smash Rookie
no chain grabbing adds to the meta game. also some character match ups are in their favor because of it

Hype

Smash Lord
@Hive: Luigi has really low traction to the ground so after a Dthrow he will be out of reach before you can move forward and grab. If you stand still and time the grab perfectly you can snag him out of the air (or mabey just after he hits the ground) before he has time to slide away.

WoodyWiggins

Smash Journeyman
Chain Grabbing is awesome. Seriously. It's not cheap, and it's not a true infinite due to the lack of walls. It also looks cool. Chain Grab Rush. . .

A-Tron

Smash Cadet
chaingrab all you want in tourneys but if your friends are noobs and it makes the game unfun for them, then id probably say cut down on it lol.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Chaingrabbing is kinda cheap lol

But the old argument of If Its In The Game Its Legit is used.

I accept it, but when it's done to me its kinda annoying as you just sit there waiting for it to end...

ShadowX718

Smash Cadet
Eh.
It's part of the game.
Not everyone can do it...but its awesome :laugh:

Plus no chain grab lasts for more than 40% unless the n00b can't DI or be smart about it...
Its only cheap if you do it on Corneia on the corner... I do it for lulz tho.
When i'm serious I won't.
However I never pick Corneia or Shadow Moses islands anyways...

kr3wman

Smash Master
I can't believe most of the posts here.

You guys probably never went to any tournament.

Top Bottom