• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Is anyone else getting fed up with the brawl boards?

GAwes

Hidden Boss
I mean seriously, jesus christ, why are the brawl boards 3 times the size of all the melee **** and the game isnt even out. I completely understand the hype and the need for it, but threads like "is brawl as competitive as melee" are entirely pointless. Only time will tell, these kids are worse than the kids that had threads about air grabs being in brawl 2 years ago. Speculation is for people who really and truly enjoy wasting their time. But this thread isnt just me *****ing about something that was bound to happen, this is me sincerely asking everyone in the south to keep and open mind about this game and approach it professionally as possible. I know everyone is throwing around the "brawl and melee are two different games argument" but thats pointless, the point is, brawl is going to be huge no matter what, thats proven, there will be tournaments, and it will develop, now, whether or not you think it will ever be as "smooth" as melee is irrelevant because the only question that matters is "IS ATLANTIC SOUTH GOING TO BE GOOD AT BRAWL?"

GAwes

Zone

Smash Champion
Heck to the Hecking YES!!!! I'd use bad words but then i'd look like this *****

But yes all that speculation in those brawl forumns are just circle talk. I wouldn't doubt if you jump in 1 thread, it has been made 30x before. There are people who joined like 3 months ago and have more posts than me and I've been here 3 years longer >.> lol.

Btw GAwes, ty for the Zelda tip in G4S4. I was being close minded with Zelda, then after you showed me some things I missed. I thought "wth else could I have missed?" So I explored. And now when brawl comes out time to explore and be more open-minded.

ptown

Smash Ace
reading that **** pitches me off.

all those noobs and "competitive players" that play along and discuss that nonsense (especially when they haven't even played the game) are fcuking idiots.

oh and uh i'm gonna be best in atlantic south.

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
anything past the Super Smash Bros. Brawl category is gamefaqs on a dark background

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
yeah the uh brawl boards have always been fcking ridiculous but now it's just completely insane. I never step foot in there nowadays. Atl South is the only place I ever go to.

Brawl will indeed be huge. The community will possibly thrive. I just want people to know that I dislike Brawl for personal reasons not because other people like or dislike it. Too many times people tell me I'm trying to mimic the pros who don't like the game. Yeah, I went to E for All and didn't like it then. I mean, I like it to a degree, just not something I would drive to Georgia for 20 times like I have for Melee. I don't know quite how to explain it, but I felt it was my destiny to play Melee. Not to be the best kinda pokemon **** but to do what I could. And because of that, I met many amazing people. That, I believe, was my purpose. I do not find such a purpose in Brawl. But I do wish luck to the Atl South who is gonna play it, and to the future pros that will arise. hopefully lol

<3 Wes!

Frames

DI
Yea, the brawl boards are disgusting right now, but I'm willing to bet that a few weeks after brawl comes out most of those people will go away. There's no way this place is turning into GameFAQs.

As for Atlantic South, we'll have to wait for the first brawl tourney to see how everyone is at the game.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
anything past the Super Smash Bros. Brawl category is gamefaqs on a dark background
I call dibs on sigging this. ^.^

EDIT: Well crap, I can't hold the quote without owning my image sig. So I put it in quotation marks :(

I will come back to this thread once I think of a good way to complain about the Brawl boards, but right now Tong's one liner has me crackin up lol.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
Its because so many youtube videos and posts on sites like gamfaqs, ign, etc have links to posts on smash boards, bring more of the general population to smashboards, and 95% of future smash players are annoying *******. Which happens with any extremely popular game unfortunatly.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Well, once the game comes out and gets more legitimate, we can start being jerks to all the senseless noobs and they'll go away... haha. that's how it worked with Melee. The people who didn't want to deal with us...the knowledgeable of Melee...went to other boards to spam around. it'll settle out in time.

Aurafox

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraPuffs
3DS FC
2466-1511-0624
The Brawl discussion on Smashboards is dead to me now, all it is are people pretending to find new techniques like "turning around" and begging for tiers because they get off on being told who they have to play as to be worth anything.

Though at least I find comfort in visiting the Al-south boards, because I plan on some damm good players coming from here.

That and I hella miss you guys

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Yeah, the Brawl boards suck...Especially since I still have the bad habit of seeing if anything interesting has been found...It's so **** hard to find ANYTHING in that jumble of stupid.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Brawl is serious business. I'm going to give it my all, and really make something happen this time around. I'll be serious business, too.

KeeKeeKee

Smash Rookie
Goddammit Wes, I miss you. I'm going to step it up with Brawl, I swear. And when you get back and we smash (after tearing up a Chik-Fil-A and some 2K calorie milkshakes), you will be proud you introduced me to competitive smashing.

And you're right. Right now, the posts on Brawl boards are like being surrounded by a bunch of women. Most of them are full of ****, but you can't help but check out a few... only to realize that maybe one out of every hundred have something useful to say. Maybe.

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
God I love Aura Fox

(off topic)

but I love Wes too

God I love Atlantic South

EDIT : Tong that's like the same time we've had near same time posts. you always win though! JUST LIKE IN SMASH LOLOLOSAJNIKJDZNJAKNFJKDN... ****in rests... ****in S0FT... <3 Jiggs

KeeKeeKee

Smash Rookie
Tong?! Real soon. REAL soon. As a matter of fact... check yo facebook in about two minutes.

Fizz-sama

Smash Ace
Brawl boards are ****, with the few good threads being very hard to find due to the number of how many needless threads there are, but the Atlantic South board being excited for Brawl is major love. Can't wait for this game. I'm about ready to say "**** work" but hmm...With no job, that would mean no tournaments. :(

<3 GAwes.

Top Bottom