• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iRJi Presents: Rescue! NJ's returning Monthly!

LLDL

Smash Hero
I can come through if Melee singles starts earlier, at like 3:00-4. I can bring full setups if that will affect the schedule. I have work at like 8 so will have to bounce early. If nothing can be changed, I'll just come through to the next one.

iRJi

Smash Champion
I can come through if Melee singles starts earlier, at like 3:00-4. I can bring full setups if that will affect the schedule. I have work at like 8 so will have to bounce early. If nothing can be changed, I'll just come through to the next one.
It all depends on what time doubles ends and how many people come for it. The last Collision, singles started 2 hours after doubles started with 20 people there (8-10ish teams). If rescue brings in the same amount of people, even a few more people then that, the chances it will start around 3 are pretty good. I would risk coming, and if it doesn't start in time, you can just play friendlies and hang out with people.

DKwill

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3497-1934-6087
Just throwing this out there-- I haven't committed to a doubles teammate yet. Kinda late, but figured I should still ask since I actually really enjoy doubles now.

iRJi

Smash Champion
New discounts for setups!

Please Bring Setups!!

If you bring a setup and we use it, you will receive a discount!

This does not mean you are guaranteed a setup discount if you brought one. We have to actually give you an OK to use it! Sticking your setup in and setting it up randomly without telling us will not get you a discount! You must bring it and check it in at the T.O desk to see if it will be used. Your name will be written down stating that you have a setup and need to be reimbursed. This also prevents players from getting anything stolen, or people randomly taking it.

Also to note, your setup must maintain there throughout the whole event. If you leave early, you will not receive a setup discount. All setups brought and used will be reimbursed during the end of the event!

Full setup: $5.00
TV: $3.00
Wii/Cube: $2.00

iRJi

Smash Champion
This is Important! Regarding parking:

This venue has 2 parking lots. There is a parking lot right next to the venue, and another parking lot a building over, next to the venue.

The parking lot next to the venue has yellow and white spots. Players attending this tournament CANNOT park in the yellow spots!!!!! The yellow spots are for emplyees only.

The parking lot a building away from the venue can only be parked in after 12! I can't stress this enough.

Another thing to note is that there is no parking on the street of this venue. If the parking lots become full (which is HIGHLY unlikely) then you will have to park a street away from the venue. It's not a far walk, it is only 1 suburb block away.

The owner of the venue will be outside enforcing all of the above statements, so please save us time and just follow these rules!

With that said, just a couple of extra announcements:

Please Bring Setups!!

If you bring a setup and we use it, you will receive a discount!

1) This does not mean you are guaranteed a setup discount if you brought one. We have to actually give you an OK to use it! Sticking your setup in and setting it up randomly without telling us will not get you a discount! You must bring it and check it in at the T.O desk to see if it will be used. Your name will be written down stating that you have a setup and need to be reimbursed. This also prevents players from getting anything stolen, or people randomly taking it.

Also to note, your setup must maintain there throughout the whole event. If you leave early, you will not receive a setup discount. All setups brought and used will be reimbursed during the end of the event!

Full setup: $5.00
TV: $3.00
Wii/Cube: $2.00

On a realistic note though: We really do need setups for both events. I have a good amount of TV's but I only have 1 Wii for Brawl. Please, if you can, bring a setup.

2) I have been getting a lot of questions about discounts for new players, or for people who have been gone for a while and would like to attend the event without venue payment or discounted on venue payment. I will like to address that no one, and I mean no one, will be getting such luxury at my events. While I encourage new players to come out and join my events, I hold all people responsible for upholding the same requests I ask from my normal players. Also, while I like seeing old friends and smashers, and while I like them to have a good time and hang out, I have to enforce that these players will be paying full venue as well. I like you guys a lot, but not only are you taking up venue space, but keep in mind I have to pay the venue for allowing me to host this event as well. It is a tournament, but it is also a business. Each player must pay the full amount upon entering the venue unless stated otherwise. Each player that brought a setup that WE USED FOR BRAWL/MELEE, will receive a discount at the end of the event. (If you brought a setup for SF/MvC, you can use them to play at a empty table, but you will not receive a discount for the equipment.) Any player who attempt to violate these conditions will be warned or removed from the venue without receiving a refund.

With this being said, I hope to see you all there, and lets make this event something to remember!

Eggm

Smash Hero
Singles

With 20-40 people

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Will less than 20 payout 70% to 1st?

iRJi

Smash Champion
Singles

With 20-40 people

1st - 60%
2nd - 30%
3rd - 10%

Will less than 20 payout 70% to 1st?
That depends on how many people show up. When its less then 20, I base it around 3rd at least breaking even in singles entry so he/she doesn't lose money of entering. The remaining will be divided by the remainder, where first will obviously get majority of the pot, and 2nd will at least double (or more) his amount of entry.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Guys, I would like to note that the venue is the fire house!

Top Bottom