• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

iRJi Presents: Collision! Livestream! Anti, ADHD, Pierce, Inui, Will, Nairo!!

jbandrew

Smash Lord
It would b kinda wrong to change this now. Idk about others but I was only coming to this because Mk is banned....

Butwhoami

:phone:
This has to appeal to the community, because it is FOR the community, which is why he's asking.

IF we try a new ruleset RJ, like maybe the Japanese ruleset? I won't mind having MK unbanned, but if the ruleset remains the same... then no, I would not want MK around at this event.

iRJi

Smash Champion
So for everyone, Metaknight is still banned for my tournament. The decision was pretty much one sided. 1 week, lets go!

Also, bring setups!! the first 7 people will receive a discount. Wii discounts are $2.00, and TV discounts are $3.00

Zync

Smash Journeyman
So hype =D I might be able to go all the way over from central america.

one question though, whats the time limit to register for singles on that same saturday?

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Question, what's the parking situation like at the venue? Is there a lot or will we be parking on the street, how much does it cost until when, etc etc

:059:

iRJi

Smash Champion
Woot, finally can post again.

Ok, guys this is an important announcement. It regards information with EVERYTHING that is going on at the event.

1) First off, this event is Metaknight banned. I can't reiterate this enough to you guys. I am going to change the title of the thread to make sure people know it without asking me, despite how many times I have said this is an MK banned event. I allowed people to talk about it freely to decide what was going on in terms of him keeping him banned or not after Apex, and still people either said "Keep him banned" Or "they don't care about the ban" The event was originally Metaknight banned as well, it isn't like I changed it mid way through. (Despite the fact I allowed you guys to speak up about it) It isn't going to change now either, as it is too close to the deadline to make such a choice.

2) This goes for people parking.

Around the venue is parking that are for the people in the appointment complex's around the block. ON SATURDAYS (This is important) YOU ARE ALLOWED TO PARK IN THEM.

Normally, Monday through Friday, you need a parking permit to park in the spot between designated times, but on Saturday (There are signs that say it all around the complex as well) you are allowed to park where you please (except the first 7 parking spots closest to the venue, those are only free parking on Sunday) You can't get in trouble for parking, and you can't get a ticket. This is throughout the whole block and, the most important park, it's free.

3) The first time I visited the venue was when it was still under construction, so I went back to the venue yesterday and took a snapshot of one of the main rooms we will be using (Keep in mind I said one, there is another room like this one if we need it for future events)

As you can see, the room is really big. There will also be a lot of chairs, and there are enough tables already there, I just didn't want to set them up so early in the week. I will be connecting one of the setups to be broadcasting on the flat screen so people can see. (This does not mean the setup IS on the flatscreen, I am just connecting a CRT Tv to project onto a flatscreen via a splitter, so it's easier for people to watch)

4) I can't stream this event, but the next one will be streamed! I am however, recording matches and uploaded them.

5) THIS IS FOR PEOPLE DRIVING FROM NJ TO NY. THIS COULD SAVE YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Out on my adventure, I learned a new route (Driving) to get to the venue. This allows you to dodge the GW bridge toll. instead of taking the I-95 to the bridge, you can redirect your GPS to take Garden State Parkway to the Tappan Zee Bridge (the toll is $5.00) It add's about an extra 15 minutes to your trip, but you don't have to pay the $12.00 toll fee that the GWB has. If you are of course not up for the adventure, you can just travel normally over the bridge. I found this route so I can continue having this place to host at, without having a huge cost to the NJ community.

This pretty much covers everything I wanted to say. Lets make this big people!!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think I can make this one. I will bring a full set up but only if I can get some sort of ride. I usually bring full set ups alot on my own and it is a pain to do so when taking the train. So for once if people want me to help them, I like that same favor returned. if a ride is possible for me then I'll bring a full set up. if not, then no promises on that. really when my TV is expensive but got this thing on sale. Not risking it no more.

I am about three blocks away from the tremont metro north train station. And by car I am about 30 mins away from this place. So it is not that bad of a drive. If I can't get a ride then that is fine, as usual if I want something done, I do it myself and just train it up. But no promises on a set up.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Ok guys, I just checked the weather, and it looks like our area is going to undergo a lot of bad weather (snow) overnight. The report states that it is going to be around 6 inches, and that is enough to cause problems parking and traveling. I make this post for my greatest concern for everyone's safety driving down to my tournament, that I will be postponing the event to January 28th, 2012.
As much as I want to let the event continue, I don't want people to get hurt driving to the tournament, or have a hassle trying to obtain parking due to the snow. Instead of losing a lot of players trying to make it down to play, I would rather allow you guys to take it easy for an additional week.

Thank you for your time and cooperation. Feel free to leave a response about anything here.

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Good thinking. Turns out I can't make this weekend anyways, so this works out pretty well lol

Keitaro, would you have a spot in your carpool for next week?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
I'm gonna try and come now because of the date change, I think I'm free this weekend. Anyone godlike need a teams partner?

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Good thinking. Turns out I can't make this weekend anyways, so this works out pretty well lol

Keitaro, would you have a spot in your carpool for next week?

My mom refuses to let me take the van this time so my carpool will still be full :/

Ishiey

Mother Wolf
BRoomer
Damn :/ all right, thanks anyways. If anyone has a spot open in their carpool that would be able to stop by Rutgers NB to pick me up, let me know.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Attention all players: The tournament this Saturday will continue, even if there is snow or issue’s coming at hand. Nothing will cancel this event from happening. I am trying to get a livestream up and running as well. I am also debating on running a side event where it is the Japanese ruleset, single elimination, best of 5, metaknight legal. What do you guys think?

If it’s a problem we can just do a normal side event if there is a time (IE: Mid tier’s/all brawl/etc)

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I need carpooling to this.

I can be at Queens Center Mall or any subway accessible location if need be at any time.

If you have a carpool, say so here, and I'll hit you up on Aim/Skype.

iRJi

Smash Champion
Livestream!!!

www.clashstream.com

We have a livestream setup, thanks to Chibo. Everyone Tune in, and for the people who are coming, bring more people!!. let's make this event huge!

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I think I can make this one. I will bring a full set up but only if I can get some sort of ride. I usually bring full set ups alot on my own and it is a pain to do so when taking the train. So for once if people want me to help them, I like that same favor returned. if a ride is possible for me then I'll bring a full set up. if not, then no promises on that. really when my TV is expensive but got this thing on sale. Not risking it no more.

I am about three blocks away from the tremont metro north train station. And by car I am about 30 mins away from this place. So it is not that bad of a drive. If I can't get a ride then that is fine, as usual if I want something done, I do it myself and just train it up. But no promises on a set up.
Im gonna repost this again here incase people forgot. This is mere is just for another set up.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
I like how every1 was SLEEP on Nairo wen I picked him 4 the USA vs World crew battle n he became the highest placing American

:sonic:

But i hope I can watch the stream n learn stuff. Looks 2 b epic!!!

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I need carpooling to this.

I can be at Queens Center Mall or any subway accessible location if need be at any time.

If you have a carpool, say so here, and I'll hit you up on Aim/Skype.
One last poke, say something in-thread if you're available!

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
I am also debating on running a side event where it is the Japanese ruleset, single elimination, best of 5, metaknight legal. What do you guys think
Word

cough or u cud just make a last minute change and make the main tourney japanese ruleset cough

iRJi

Smash Champion
Word

cough or u cud just make a last minute change and make the main tourney japanese ruleset cough
Lol, won't happen xD.

Make sure you bring setups guys, Especially wii's. Also try to get here on time. The soon you get here, the faster we can all leave!

Top Bottom