• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

IoZeal, Im calling you out!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
*gets down on knees* Please tell me how to increase the D Smash's range. I know you know how, you just won't tell anyone lol.

At least give me a hint so I can try and figure it out for myself!

R4ZE

Smash Ace
its probly the same as lucky's f smash trick.. well maybe... god why cant i have a wii here now lol

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Haha sorry I feel I should explain, Apparently IoZeal has a way of increasing a D Smash's range larger then a 2xStutter Step'd F Smash. He knows alot of stuff we dont, but he won't tell us darn him!

Lyoncet

Smash Apprentice
uhmmm what?
Zeal mentioned on Lucky's video thread that he's got some tricks up his sleeve, one of which was increasing the range of Sonic's dsmash.

I don't think you can stutter-step the dsmash, but I suppose it's worth a shot.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
hm I think he is canceling the dashing animation to go into the D smash which should increase the range.
Or perhaps taking advantage of sonic's sliding in order to increase the Smash range.

as for a secret gimp I am curious as to what it could be.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
If you read this Zeal, please tell us. We all want to know... :(
He's not going to say anything. Yet at least.

I don't really blame him. If he wants to keep it secret we just have to deal.

I mostly want to know the shield killer. The closest I got to shield smashing was f-air and neutral a attacks. (I even tried taunting on their shields. XD)

At least we know they are there. Just try to crack them yourselves for now.

I don't know about any secret gimps but I spring-hit an Ike and he got stage spiked. That was cool. I've also baired him into a stage spike.

Stage spikes are fun.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Hehe agreed, I play a friend who's a ganondorf main and the amount of times I've B - Air Stage spiked him is too funny. New final destination walls FTW!

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
My brother and I were messing around with that. The UpSmash can send players down but it's easy to recover from and there doesn't seem to be a way to force it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you know what screw him, if i wreck him in a tourney than you guys can flock to me as your new god. just learn to focus on your own particular strengths thats what i do. you dont understand the sick mind games i play with the simplest move. none of us have played any others of us but when we do than we can follow one person as our collective leader.

until than i will never resort to begging another player thats most likely just as wack as the rest of us for help
i love izzy... and kuja... and lucky but just because we think that they are the best sonics doesnt mean that they are

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
K.I.D, chill, I just want to know as I think we can all agree a 2x stutter step+ Dsmash is pretty **** useful.

And FYI I agree with them not being the best Sonics. From his latest video's, I'm on around the same level as Lucky, yet people worship him as sonic god.

Tbh the person Im most desperate to see video's of is Twinkle Toes. The lad knows what he's talking about.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Haha, don't use videos to judge. There are a lot of things going on that you don't see, particularly if a player is better than you. da KID and other people claiming they're at our level is like when most people started Melee, and thought they were on Ken's level. Just because you know how to use a technique doesn't mean you know when. Granted, there could be some prodigy out there that far surpasses either LuCKy or myself (Chu's probably stupid good with Sonic, but he's an old vet, so whatever).

I'm not giving out the dsmash trick currently. It's pretty simple, so you can always try to figure it out yourself. Needless to say, only 3 people know about it aside from me, and every single one knows about it because they played me IRL, and picked up on it really quick.

However, I'll letcha know this much right now, his nair is stupid good. What it lacks in priority it makes up for in everything ever, seriously. Learn to use it, it's really important against Olimar.

EDIT: Also, it's either Zeal, IoZ/IOZ, or Izzy. IoZeal just looks dumb.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
That dsmash better not be so obvious no one bothers trying it or I will be P.O.ed. I try messing with dashes mostly. Dashes, Stutter steps, basically any movement thing.

Now that I think about it I haven't tried doing it out of an air dodge or an aerial. I gotta try that now.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Ok thanks I'll remember to call you Zeal. I know what you mean about his N Air, virtually lagless and fast, I haven't played a good Olimar yet but I can imagine it wrecks Pikmin.

BananaNut

Smash Journeyman
Bah, Blistering Speed, ya beat me too it.

However, I'll letcha know this much right now, his nair is stupid good. What it lacks in priority it makes up for in everything ever, seriously. Learn to use it, it's really important against Olimar.

Nair=The pikmin killer/ Teh recovery gimper. Oh yeah, lets see, It has a larger initial knockback than the Fair, and less (almost no) lag time when you hit the ground, also, a great move to keep a combo going, and people don't seem to expect it.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Terios, it's ******** simple. You'll hate both yourself and me when I finally reveal it. It's not gamebreaking, but it helps a decent enough amount.

Also, tends to do more damage consistently than fair, especially against those ******* short characters (read: Olimar, Psychic Brats, Squirtle, etc). Great for pressure strings, especially against the back of their shields.

Holy crap, thank you guys, you just gave me a new idea for a string. I'll share this, since it's you're doing, and it's not game-breaking.

His dtilt has IASA frames, which allows you to use it fairly effectively for shield pressure. Dtilt, jab, dtilt, etc. Don't do it too long/often, or you'll get punished. Since I tend to jab after nair, or utilt, or whatever, a decent pressure string would be something like:

nair, jab, dtilt IASA, jab,

or

nair, dtilt, IASA jab/jump.

Interesting.

Also, nair to dash attack is really good, and dash attack does really well against Marth. No jokes, son.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Hmm glad I could help zeal, I D tilt to jab alot. Mixing in an N Air, thats great because I need a way to encorporate that in my game.

I know dash attack <3 Marth, only problem is my friend sees it coming now and I get an F tilt to the Face XD

R4ZE

Smash Ace
try jumping while spindashing, and u could plow into him from the air, or u could cancel it into a dair... its real tricky because if u do the dair u stop for a split second... oh ya u could always homing attack from it also... or evens top and start another spin lol.

Spin Dashie

Smash Cadet
And FYI I agree with them not being the best Sonics. From his latest video's, I'm on around the same level as Lucky, yet people worship him as sonic god.

Tbh the person Im most desperate to see video's of is Twinkle Toes. The lad knows what he's talking about.
Very few people ( probably 2 at least) post videos of Sonic, and so if they know what they're doing in their videos everyone will be view them as "Sonic gods"

And Zeal, yes there might be things we don't see in your videos or supposedly anyone "good" with Sonic, but no one can exactly judge how another player goes about a match playing as Sonic, or whatever his mental game may be, by what they post. We were all at that same stage where we all sucked, and maybe the advanced tech curve is harder for some people to grasp than others. Its just similar to what you claimed Blistering Speed and Da Kid did.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
What I'm saying is that whether you can do Sonic's "technical" crap or not (lololol, technicals in Brawl?), chances are you aren't going to be on par with people that have been playing fighters competitively for any number of years, particularly similar games. BS and DK can talk up a mean game all they want, but in the end, experience is the biggest factor ever for fighting games, and I'm pretty sure they're both sorely lacking. Just my two cents, though.

Boxob

Smash Champion
The closest I'm getting to it is foxtrotting into the slide animation and down smashing. Is this it? D:

J18

Smash Journeyman
man i'm going to invest some serious time in figuring out this dsmash stuff.
any other secrets you'd like to tell us about?

Timotee

Smash Journeyman
If you guys raise me as your new hero, I might reveal it.

.....Though you'll still be pissed at not thinking of it.

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
So far I found out that it's REALLY easy to spinshot if you use side b and flick Dsmash on the Yellow stick. Well easier for me anyway. Also if you C-stick and want to change to a charged smash you can press A quickly and start to charge. This Dsmash trick is hard to figure out though.

Edit: If you do it at the edge of a stage it TECHNICALLY increases. XD

You can do this with the GC controller without messing with it right?

Edit 2: Does anyone ever mess around with Dash Dancing type things and get your feet to spin but not to move? I keep messing up before I can keep it going but it looks like moonwalking might be possible. Or at least run in place.

Edit 3: It doesn't moonwalk but if you do 1 Foxtrot walk and then wait the right amount of time to start dashing you get a slow started run. Like in the Roadrunner cartoons when it would give you the phony scientific name then it starts up really slow. It's pretty cool.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
It is. I toldja it was stupid easy/not HOMG amazing/you'd hate me. XD

I was really really bored, and wanted to see how long it'd keep going. If no one figured it out within the month, I was just gonna post it, with a GG next to it. ♥ you guys.

Top Bottom