• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Movie Theatre Tourny II Take 2 (Nov. 13th)

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
alright everyone good news the tourny will be at my house saturday at noon, and if for some reason minnosotans will not be till later then we will just do lots of friendlys till then.....

206 E 12th St
Sumner Ia 50674

cell 319-239-1751....if I don't answer b/c I am very busy make sure you leave a message and I will get back to ya

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Hooray!, for it being at Theatresheik's basement. Hopefully everybody come- looks at vault and yoshii- shakes fist at Aaron and Chexr. JK

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
that is what I like to hear VD, i like that determination.... as far as food I may be rich, but not that rich, bring what ever you want.....Remember SUMNER IS SMALL...we do have a small grocery store, and a couple of gas stations......but anyone heading home late and with no gas....our gas stations CLOSE AT 11 so if your low when you get here fill up first.ee ya all in 6 days,

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
ok, I've got some good news and I've got some bad news. The good news is I found a ride, the bad news is that we'd end up there at around 8-9. If this isn't good for the people, I may not be able to attend

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
hmmm VD, well as far as we will still be playing smash the answer is yes we will be, if you show up at 8 you could probably be in time for the singles but other than lots of friendlys I am sorry but thats about it.

yoshii

Smash Ace
Well I think we might just end up riding with Aaron, Chexr, Tunuva, since we wouldn't want to miss any of the tournement. Im sure things will be figured out in the next couple of days.
We will probably leave at noon, and hopefully you guys can hold back teams and singles until like 4.

Chexr

Smash Ace
wow......ok....since Aaro and Tuna are "too scared to post incase they'll be yelled at" I guess I'll have to say it. I don't know what Tuna and AAro said my Dad could bring us because the original plan was for Tuna's parents to drive. It turns out my dad has something to do with basketball on saturday(he's the president of RYBA) so he's not going to drive us =/ Not like he wants to anyways. So...as of now It doesn't look like we have a very good chanch of coming. It would seem that if Grants new ride could give us a lift we might be able but as of now it doesn't look good.....sorry guys....

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Im Sorry:( All has failed in attempts to bring you guys and for us to even go:( Chexrs dad wont take us and neither will tunuvas parents. Mine are too freaken lazy. So we cant come and im really mad:mad: Hey vault do you think just maybe you could pick me up with whoever is taking you? I need to go to this so I can earn money to go to the michigan tourney. I know how much this tourney was counting on s.m.a.c.k. to be there but we just cant make it...........Im the only one that still has a chance of comming but I need a ride.

sorry guys:(

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
You guys are breaking my heart again? My poor heart has gone through too much already. Ok, so none from Minnesota can come now? Unless you get here at 8:00pm? Is that correct? That would take a good chunk out of the people who were going to attend. There's no possible way of coming before 8:00 now?

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
I hope you guys can figure something out too. It would suck not haveing everybody here. If Minnesota can't possibly come, on the other hand, I see no reason to not have it in the theatre. As long as Tacoom and co. would still come despite the loss of some people. Keep us updated on what you guys can figure out, yoshii, vault dweller, and Aaron. We're not giving up on you guys yet.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Why does this happen to this tourny, I wish I lived in Minnesota then I would just take you guys. Can't any of you drive. Hmm... this just doesn't look good. When people say that they can't come, its a usual that they don't show up. Man another tourny, and no smashing for me it sucks. I am still not counting you guys out.

Is there any chance Phil can take Aaron, Yoshii, Chexr, Tunuva, and Vault. Any chance at all that you can make him take you or is he to busy.

All I want to do is have a smash tourny! It's Iowa's smash tourny and I will cry if I want to. You would to if it happened to you.:mad: (it's the best I could get to a smililes crying)

Chexr you don't have to be scared of the green apple soda, I am sure vault was just kidding.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Chexr and Tunuva are pretty much not going because there parents wouldnt want somone that they dont know pick them up and doesnt come back for 12 hours. Mine are a little bit more loose and say if I know them its ok.

My point is that your not going to get to play them for awile fraypika.

(looks in Grants direction):crazy:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
If Aaron3's phone worked I could call him and get hold of him...Grrr...

Anyways...we should be finalizing our plans soon. I talk to some of our guys and all that I expected to come are apparently coming.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Sweetness some good news at least, won't be the same without Minnesota. Still counting on at least Yoshii, Aarosmashguy, and Vault so it won't be to bad. You guys better come or Earthbowser's heart just won't be the same no more.

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Phil is doing a play that weekend all weekend, Leon, my current ride plan, doesn't get out of his band thing until 4, Meaning he'd have to race to get their by 8. I suppose I could try and find some noob with a car, but odds of that happening are slimming down by the day.

I could try letting somebody win, and then hoping he's stupid enough to think he can win a smash tournement.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
even if those Minn. people don't show, If you (looks at Tacoom) and Company come it still will probably be around 15 or so people still a pretty good turn out, and with the tourny starting at NOON now, maybe 4, you guys could leave Saturday morning if you want, but the invite for Friday night is still open......I think with those people out i moved up to 3rd....LOL most likely not though.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
i don't have a problem with 8 my self I dunno how any body else feels, all though I am sorry guys but at least at my house I wouldn't be able to house anyone saturday night, so everyone doesn't have a problem having another GOOD OL LATE NIGHT IOWA Tourny then lets do it. but from the sounds of Tacoom work schedule doesn't sound like they would want to(but that is my thinking, Tacoom would have to answer for himself.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
If the tourney is held at 8pm then that would make in hard for me to get back to town and work at 11am. Plus its an all day shift so I wouldnt get off until 8 or 9. Im just saying that I would be tired as (that hot place)

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Ugh 8pm? Then it wouldnt get over till really late and I wouldnt be home until like....sunrise on Sunday. I got work that day too...

The earlier it is the better it works out for those of us out west since its a 5 hours drive home...

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
ummm aaro, VD, chexr, yosii, and I am sorry anyone else from up north, any possible way coming friday night??

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
lol its ok Tacoom, i was just messin wit ya...well I hope to see some answers from up north tomorrow, I am outs for the night...lata

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Yeah, if you guys could come over Friday night, that would be perfect. If it turns out you guys can't get here until 8 on Saturday, will you still be coming? I'm sure there will still be smashing going on, and you can stay at my place that night if need be. That's a long drive just for friendlies, though...

Also, do people from the west have a general idea of how many people will be coming? I think you said a possibility of ten? That would be great if all showed up!

I advertised at the big Halo sale tonight. I layed flyers out and it looks like some people took some. I also will dispense some flyers at the Dance Dance Revolution night in the Union that the anime club is hosting. I'll also put some up around campus, but those will more than likely get torn down since I don't know where I'm actually "permitted" to put up flyers. I wrote that it would be 8:30 at the theatre though; I suppose we could just play friendlies until it actually starts if anyone shows up because of them.

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
I don't really want the whole of Iowa to have to hold off a tournement for 12 hours just so 3 guys can show up. You guys just host the tournement at your scheduled time at the theater. If we find a ride, we'll be there by then. If not, MN will be poorly represented at the Iowa scene. As doubtful as it looks, I'm going to still try to get a ride from some random noob down there.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
ahh.. man that sucks, can't say a vailant effort wasn't made though. Also our tourny is at 12, right?

How many people were at Gamestop last night to get Halo, I was seriously thinking about coming to get it but I woud of had to come by myself. It wouldn't have taken very long since I was on the VIP list. I wasn't in the nerd mode so I didn't.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Ok, yeah Me,Tacoom, andour crew are coming, no matter what, we will have at least 5 people, so it will be nice, but yeah, we have like 5 other possibles, but to keep youhappy eb,the NE crew is going
Aaron 3

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
So far are these all the people coming for sure:
Tacoom
Dragon
Me
Theatresheik
Earthbowser
4-5 noobs(sumner)
6-8(Tacoom, Dragon Crew)

Maybe but probably not:
Aarosmashguy
Chexr
Yoshii
Tunuva
Vault Dweller
Leon
3-4 people from the dorms I know(Called me at 3 o clock this morning just to tell me they bought Halo, I was pissed!)
The people the banners brought in from the Halo 2 sale.(Getting my copy today, Can't wait!)

Hmm... I think thats everybody. Feel free to correct me if I am wrong. So right now its about 18 , and could be around 30 if everybody that wanted to come can come. So none the less it should be a good time, and don't worry Minnesota if you can't come you can get destroyed by me some other time at another tourny.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
well I hope this doesn't make anyone mad....but here is the final as far as location and time

12 NOON friendlys and sign up begins

MY BASEMENT (FAIRYpika....LOL JK Fraypika this still means you and I friday afternoon cleaning duty, and don't worry I will feed ya.)

Tacoom and Co. so this gives you another option, if you want to leave Saturday Morning, if not still glad to have ya come friday night.

I am sorry that the northern crew will not be present, your skills will be missed.....although no offense, we can get a lot more pot feeders now, from Sumner Noobs.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Man this sucks:(
Grant: do you think that this random noob could take us friday night so we wont miss the tourney? I know its hard to find someone but what is leon doing friday?

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
That was pretty clever Theatresheik(Hooray for me not spazing out for no aparrant reason. I still feel like an *** for that!) Cleaning duty is A okay with me and maybe a little Halo 2 in if possible, PLEASE!, I finally got my copy)

Still counting on aaron and vault and if you can't show up not a big deal maybe someone from Iowa will pick up the pot this time around. Go Iowa! I certainly could use the money along with theatresheik and Earthbowser.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Sounds like a plan Stan.

I believe we have 6 people confirmed so far and then we have also got 2-4 more who MAY come. Getting everything sorted out about what time we leave and whatnot soon.

Top Bottom