• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Movie Theatre Tourny II Take 2 (Nov. 13th)

yoshii

Smash Ace
Yay, I might be coming to Iowa. If I do, Phil: do you have room in the van for me?

TheatreShiek: I have no problem with the pot amount. Its fine the way it is. To be the best, you have to beat the best and of course that takes some stepping up. On another note, Teff and I have been practicing a little latley.... Ive learned a lot of new things.

Tacoom: its nice to see you back on the boards.

VD: Sounding pretty confident there mr. VD. We might have to have a money match if I come. Also, would you want to do teams, if I go? I don't think we have ever been a team before.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
tacoom i will do a dollar match
The Doc vs. Yoshi
2 out of 3 with tourny rules

Still in need of a partner! Anyone?

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
wow this is what I was hoping, lots of people coming, we still gonna need some TV's and cubes....right now we have 4 TV's and 3 cubes with memory cards, so if we could get to 8 TV's and cubes that would be great

Theatresheik 3TV's and Cube
Earthbowser TV and cube
Fraypika Cube

Tacoom

Smash Lord
VD: I might do a $50 match, havent deiced yet. But I could tell you that it looks promising.
Fraypika, any dollar match is great. (heh, right now im spending all my smash coins :rolleyes: )
Hey Theatresheik, Im willing too bring my custom cube just too get some "miles" on it.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
What? Teflon's not coming now? Awww. Who'll buy all the large sodas?

We'll need to have some sort of crazy money match, Tacoom. I want revenge for the tournament defeat last time.

That sucks that Phil's not going. I hope you guys are still able to get a ride.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Ummm $ matches so far i think are just
Tacoom-$1
Aarosmashguy-$5

How come phil isn't coming hopefully you guys can find a ride. Come on chexr you can find a way to fit them in?!

Still need that partner. :(

Chexr

Smash Ace
the only ways would be 3 in the front (no seat belt=Dad angry)
I would personally go in the trunk but....well..*points to the part after belt*

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
does anybody need a place to sleep the night before, i have a couch upstairs with plenty-o-floor, and a couple of couchs down in our basement (kinda creepy though downthere), I usually have a spare bedroom but I am sorry guys that is Earthbowsers room, he pretty much sleeps there every weekend, and sometimes Beth makes him pancakes in the morning, if you guys bring your own pillows and blankets I could probably get 5 of ya......If you don't mind having two dogs licking ya face and stuff. one is a little guy, but the other is not so little, and he thinks hes a kitty, and likes to knock ya in the nuts (right earthbowser), but both are very sweet, but there could plenty of smashing that night, I do have a 57 wide screen HD TV, with the 5.1 DD EX sound too, and a 32 in and a 24 in TV, so we could get a pretty good setup.......If there is overwhelming number of people who need a place to sleep, I will ask the wife to see if she doesn't mind having more over. and let ya know before the weekend is over....and hey fraypika could anystay at your place????

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Hmm if i had my own residence yea sure but being that i don't( i spend so much on gas traveling back and forth to school) i am going to have to ask the ma if she is willing to have some people come and stay but shes weird about that stuff. OH theatresheik want to play some melee tomorrow night sometime (Thursday night). PLEASE!

I guess my g/f is going to be my partner maybe and if not i have somebody else that could be but i am not sure about him either so i guess i am still taking orders for my partner. YEA My girlfriend rules! Yoshi and Doc all the way.

Chexr you could have somebody sit on a lap or something. Just a suggestion. It would suck i know but meh. Or go out and buy a van or something. OR oits can make phil go and give him no choice.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
EB: A rematch will take place. Ill gladly match up luggy to yours.
Theatresheik. I plan on coming up Friday afternoon/night as well as my friends (once I tell them.) But would It be possable to room us? 2-5 people I think.
Fraypika: A female Yoshi player?

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Are either SDM or anybody close to the cities going? If so we might be able to manage things. If not, let Tunuva get hit by a bus for showing up only at tournements where space is an issue.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
lol, vault dweller. Good stuff.
Theatresheik their might be 2-4 more noobs coming also. They are from the dorms. THese guys really suck but they said they wanted to see how bad they suck so yea.... $10 entry fee kinda turned them off so i am not so sure they will come but possible.

Tacoom- OH yea a yoshi female player. Shes pretty good for a girl anyway. She tends to but bomb alot, i try to shy here away from it but she likes to. Yoshi's tail is mean. She thinks yoshi's cute, only in pink though.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
If, for whatever reason, people can't stay at theatreshiek's or fraypika's, then people can stay at my house. It's a little farther away, but it works. So either way, lodging shouldn't be much of an issue.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
shouldn't be any problem Tacoom, I do work that night, but you guys are more than welcome to come to the movies that night and watch...let me think....kinda of an old crappy movie but we will be showing Resident Evil 2 that night, but afterwards there can plenty of smashing and maybe some Halo 2 if you guys don't mind.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Earthbowser this upcoming tuesday i am coming over and practicing for sure! I mean it this time.

Theatresheik melee tonight?

EDIT
Theatresheik why don't ya give me a call if your up to it.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
sure fraypika we are watching the movie tonight after I set it up, but after that I don't care, we will be watching it around 1130

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Lets take the pink Yoshi to new Levels. In fact, lets make him Champ. :chuckle:
Theatresheik: Thanks for the invitation to your house and movies. We all are looking forward to it.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Yea tacoom pink yoshi rules but we kinda been practicing and she tends to kill me alot (the tail is just killer) but i don't really care its goin to be sweet the boyfriend girlfriend combo whippin up on everybody there. Team BOIRL Rules but she says if i can find somebody else i should go with them. Also looking forward to hizzanging with you on friday smashing it up and doing it halo style(halo 2 that is)
Applications still available to be my partner.

Vault wanna do a $1 match(I am so cheap people are dropping 50s and i come up with the big 1)
Tourny rules

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Do you have a partner tacoom? My g/f says its to expensive.

Does anyone need a partner.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
fraypika Im not sure what Ill do for teams, If Dragon get a partner then ill be up grabs. If not then ill be with him.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
dude vault dweller/yoshii if you guys need a ride we can probably get you there but you need to find a way to get to my or chexrs house so we can bring you if that means taking a taxi or bus you should. Grant you could just have phuil bring you and yoshii to my aprt. the night before then stay the night and go the next day. Because we would have to drive a very long time to pick you both up.
Hey it may be small but at least you will get practice playing me. O and you cant stay at tunuvas or chexrs house because there parents dont know you.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
so let me get this right Tacoom, so that three to 5 people you were talking about included Faceloran, or no?? if we not and its going to be more like 7-8 I think it can be arranged, but just kinda need to know. And do you know approx. time you will be arriving on Friday. And don't worry about dinner that night, I can feed ya guys if you don't mind frozen pizza and soda, I don't think my wife will cook for every one but you never know she might, but just in case she doesn't any request on any kind of pizzas? you also gotta remember guest at my house, can get lots of popcorn and soda from the theatre as well, and nachos too just by request from Earthbowser.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by fraypika
I say screw the cash.

I ve already improved so much and i live in iowa. Nobody plays here.

what are you talking about Fraypika Earthbowser and myself live here and beat you every time...LOL

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Whats your problem Theatresheik, I know you don't beat me everytime, why are you always trying to make me look bad. I can think of several occassions when I haven't lost to you. I am not going to fire back at you cause its lame and childish.

I think you mistook my post. I was just saying not very many people play here in Iowa. All that I have learned, I have done it by myself( also a little help from this site). But never have you or Earthbowser dramactilly changed how I play the game.

I just play the game to have fun! Not to beat you, or Earthbowser(which i have beat also) but to just plain out have fun.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
uhh theatre shiek I prefer pepperoni and tunuva and chexr like cheese.
Hey Im hopeing to play you all alot includeing 2 vs Me. I will need practice with that for michigan since teflon tends to kill himself alot.
Yo why dont we make it a money match Fraypika and Theatre sheik vs me for 10$ does that sound like a plan? w8 I will only do this if it is on Final D and team attack is on 2 out of 3.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
why do you always get us in this mess theatresheik? coughteflon$50cough! I am not doing it. I can't afford it. Maybe you should try not to cut me down so much.

I will do a friendly Aarosmash but thats it.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
wow Ben why don't you f*ing settle down, didn't you notice the LOL which mean i was joking and goofing with you, I didn't cut you down, but like you said I missed read it, but the way you posted sounded like you were the best in iowa and you improved so much with out and comp. here in iowa, I know you beat Aaron and I sometimes too that is why I added the LOL to the end of it....and didn't you read all the other posts, I never challenged Aarosmash to a 2 on 1, he just suggested it, so don't blame me for your miss reading.

Top Bottom