• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Movie Theatre Tourny II Take 2 (Nov. 13th)

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
Date/time:
Nov. 13th games start at 8:30am, theatre opens at 8AM

Place:
The place is the Sunset Theatre in Sumner, Iowa. (www.sumnersunsettheatre.com)

Rules:
Both 1 vs 1 and 2 vs 2

Double elimination

4 stock

Best 2 out of 3 matches (finals/semifinals best 3 out of 5)

Items will be off

$7 per person for singles
($12 total for a team) 6 per person

Slob picks: After first match, the loser can either pick a new character or stage.

Dave's Stupid Rule: The same stage can't be played more than once in a set.

First stage picked random from neutral stages: Rainbow Cruise, Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, Mute City, Pokémon Stadium, Battlefield, Final Destination, and Dream Land 64.

Counterpicks can be anywhere but banned stages.

Banned Stages: Icicle Mountain, Peach's Castle, Great Bay, Hyrule Castle, Venom, Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Fourside, and Yoshi's island 64.

Before the set, each person/team can pick one stage not to play at.

Team attack will be on for the 2 vs 2

Lodging can be given to anyone who needs it. Just ask.
Round Robin Pools will determined seeding in the brackets.

Feedback would be great, thanks

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
since the first tourny was awesome and everyone loved it, we decided to have another one awhile back, but it was just very bad timing with everyone and it only ended up being a couple of us there cause no one else could make it, so we are going to try again, I rather have it in December, but knowing Minn, Wisc, and Iowa winters aren't really that warm, I decided to have it in mid November so hopefully the snow can hold out till after this.

The only thing with this tourny is that we have to be done at 3PM so we can get ready for our first movie, but this is leaving us with 6 and 1/2 hours for the tournys i feel that should be good enough, as of now, nothing for sure yet, but I could probably have if need be around 15 or so guys spend the night at my house, if you don't mind sleeping on floors and such.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
alright this is good only a few days and already about 10-15 people.

FO SHIzzle
Earthbowser
Fraypika
Theatresheik
falcoflynner
4-5 Noobs

Most Likely
Aerosmash
Chexr
Tunva
2 Guys from Cedar Rapids

hopefully it turns out as great as the other one

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
ya um see chxr and tunuva probably wont come because its a 4 hour drive and I say boo to them. but I will come if I can get a ride. Teflon lives close to me and if he can give me a ride I will go. well if I cant get a ride I cant go =(

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
OITS will do its darndest to be there, and this time that may include the legendary Leon, who has disappeared from the smash scene since the first movie theatre tournement.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
hey grant you should bring me just like last time with kyle and leon but this time I think we should stop at perkins or Teflon will go ape ****.:chuckle:

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
are most of you guys from the twin cities? b/c its not 4 hours from there i just came back from a nintendo fusion concert up there last Thursday over at the quest near the target center, and with us stopping to eat twice, getting lost in downtown Minn. and also fighting rush hour traffic, from the theatre to the quest was only 3 hours and 45 minutes, if you guys take out eating and getting lost, and believe me there isn't rush hour trafic in Sumner and you can't possibly get lost in Sumner, should take you guys 2 hours 45 mins. to 3 hours 15 mins TOPS!! and this time its in the morning so you won't be driving back at the butt *** crack of dawn home this time, and there can be places to sleep the night before if need be.

Chexr

Smash Ace
?

I never said I wouldn't go. But I would like about 20-25 people there...to make it worth while

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
FO SHIzzle
Earthbowser
Fraypika
Theatresheik
falcoflynner
4-5 Noobs

Most Likely
Aerosmash
Chexr
Tunva
OITS (3-5 Guys)
2 Guys from Cedar Rapids

and I am hoping Taccom reads this and him and some of his friends come from Western iowa

and sorry Chexr I didnt mean to sound like you weren't coming I was just going by what i was reading, so it would be sweet if all you guys made it.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone think more people would come if their was a out of state bonus. I have nothing to do with setting up this tourny its all about theatreshiek but i was just curious. Their is probably no way we could come up with the green.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
i don't think a OOS bonus is kinda out of the question i wouldn't know who would support the cash up front unless Fraypika is going to then I would be for it, but the theatre really can't do anything besides maybe give out some popcorn and pop to the winners.

hey teffles your GW vs. my sheik 5 bucks
aerosmash wanna 1 dollar ditto sheik match

and hey vault you wanna carry our dolla match from last theatre tourny to this one?

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Well, theatresheik i did say it WOULDN'T be possible i was just CURIOUS, just doesn't seem like to many people are coming again but then again maybe their is. I also don't make nearly enough to do that...... I just wanted more people to come.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
one thing its aarosmash with 2 a's not aerosmash ok or you could just call me Aaron. and sure we can do a shiek ditto for 1 dollar.

umm if the prize for 1st is at least 70$ theres a very good chance that we will go. so lets say theres only 50$ that can go to 1st you guys could both pay 10$ to make it 70$. sorry if you dont like that idea but I think it would be a good idea if you want more people to come since it takes us about 4 hours to get there.

I could train u guys if I come and show you my masta skillz with fox:D and pichu!

Chexr

Smash Ace
I don't really care about the money. I just want to have a variety of players.

If you wanted an OOSB you could just have people pay 3 extra dollars

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
hmmm...... i think i am going to have to go with chexr on this one if anything is done at all.

AArosmash- would you do a doc vs pichu match 2 dollars, best 2 out of 3

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
alright heres the thing, single player 7 bucks entry the extra two bucks per person goes straight to the winner,

on 2 on 2 six bucks a person the extra couple of bucks goes to the winners

60% Plus extra bonus
30%
10%

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
hey aarosmash i really want to test out my skills, your best char. vs. my sheik or kirby i dunno which one if i want even a chance to win I guess i better choose sheik dolla or 5 dolla, u can choose or sheik vs. your best for 5 and how about a kirby ditto match for a buck??

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
how about 2 out of 3...link, then gdorf....lol turst me there probably won't be a 3rd cause i plan on losing, and there is nothing you can do about it, don't even try to stop me I will lose and when i lose i will lose big...so ha!! =0>

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well, its been a long time since ive posted anything. sorry that Ive died out for the past mouth and half. Im not sure what the chances are that ill make this one. (again) hopefully Ill attend as well as a couple of buddies heh, maybe ill host a tourney myself some time.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
hey tacoom glad to see you posted at least, hopefully you can make it to this one and that you can bring some friends

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
alrighty here is the count so far.

FOSO
Earthbowser
Theatresheik
Fraypika
Falcoflynner
4-5 noobs

maybes
Oits (3 to 5 Guys)
Chexr
Aarosmash
Tunuva
2 Guys from Cedar Rapids
Tacoom and maybe a couple others

so lets say everyone shows thats listed

singles
1st 57 plus 38 bonus
2nd 28.50
3rd 9.50

doubles
1st 57 plus 19 bonus
2nd 28.50
3rd 9.50

that is as of right now if everyone showed up, I am assuming there would be more people coming to this one again, I think we had 38 or so people at the last one

Tacoom

Smash Lord
heh, its great to be back. Im trying to work up a deal as to were I get to drive my mom's impala instead of my crap Corsica. if thats the case then ill come for sure. But I couldnt say the same for my friends.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Tacoom! Definatly hope you can make. We were wondering were you went off to. I wouldn't be an Iowa tournament without you.

This tournament sounds like it's getting off the ground... Of couse the last one started to look that way too. I hope everyone can make it. Is Madison coming to this?

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
so Earthbowser hit a dear heh.. thats what happens when you don't come to sumner to play melee.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Yeah. It was ********. I was just driving home, minding my own business, when all of a sudden DEAR IN MY FACE! Now I'm F'ed in the A with no car because Bambi thought the corn on one side of the road wasn't good enough. Lame. Hopefully I'll get a different vehicle soon. As impractical as it would have been, I wish I had gone to sumner now.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Yea, Bambi is Fing retared. Gotta hate deer. So when do you want to play some melee again. Gotta practice up. Playing on practice and vs computers doesn't do me to good.
Theatresheik not to rub it in and all but i can wavedash flawlessly with sheik. I was messing around with her the other day. Good times.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Whenever you want to come over to my house we can practice up. I don't have a car right now, so you'd have to come here. We definately do need to practice sometime though. More than a couple matches after halo, heh.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
TheatreSheik: You're on with that GaW vs Sheik match, as long as it's on FD, I'm cool. Best 2 of 3, or best 3 of 5, either way you want it ;).

I also think that you should abolish the bonus for first place, and split the pot 50/30/20. We know who's taking 1st/2nd, so why not give some more to [me]. Also, I think the entry fee should be an even $10.

Just thoughts. Looks like Foast is dying. I'm canceling it. This is teh coolness now ^^>

Haha. still not hosting horneys :D:D

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
how bout tuesday i will come up for a while and practice after i get off of school but only for a couple hours cause then i have to come up to the dorms. I will call u when i get out then you can direct me to your house.

Teflon want to have a cheap G&W match? Doc vs thee G&W. Tell me the lowest you can go and i will decide if i can afford. I need about seven jobs to support my spending ***. 3 out 5 all on final destination or whatever you can decide that stuff.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
it doesn't matter what the entry fee is so why not do this the american way and vote on it, I mean heck i will be voting anyways on the 2nd.......so take a vote people, Teflons way, or the revised way, either way is perfectly fine with me

My vote....Tefflons way, raise it to 10 a person and make it 50,30,20

Top Bottom