• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Movie Theatre Tourny II Take 2 (Nov. 13th)

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
I like Vault Dweller's idea. Let's give fourth some money this time around. And Vault, I'm getting my five bucks back this tournament. Better have kept it crisp for me.

Fraypika: Sounds like a plan. I have a night class at 6:00, so yeah, just give me a call.

Sorry about FOAST, Teflon. I know what it's like to have a tournament kind of fall apart. You still need to run some other 'OAST. We needs it.

Chexr

Smash Ace
heeeeeeeeeeeeeyyyyy?

no way...not 40/30/20/10

that would make Mr.Chexr growl with discomfort. I think you all have givin up on beating us and now greedely taking revenge to kill us all. Aaro went over to Grants Friday and was supposed to be back the next day. I just called Sunday at 7:30 and he's not back.

"I think Aaron may have won one match to many." -Tunava

ps. I think Tuna's going to be able to pull out a fourth pretty soon. If he's not killed first

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
yea, hopefully tunuva doesn't get hit by that bus again! Yea, I think giving cash to the top 4 is bad. Just stick to the top 3 and raise the price to 10.

Earthbowser if its allright with you it would work better for me if we got the practice in before your night class i get done at 2 what time do you get done with class?

What about doubles? What would the entry fee be or just stay 10 dollars

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
yes its either the 7 per person with bonus going to first, or 10 per person and making it 50,30,20, right now its if I recall Teflons 4 votes old revised version the big fatty zero.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
I dont care about the bonus as long as it stays 50/35/15 I mean thats my idea (see teflon I gave you a bonus just not 20) =). I say if you want money why not money match chexr or I. I am pretty sure that he would agree with me when I say.......me or him will be kirby in money matches for 5$ you guys could be anyone and we would have to be kirby.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I'm with 40/30/20/10. I think it's a good idea to give to the POOR, and to take away from the winners every time :). No offense guys, I just want to see someone else walking away with teh green.

Tunuva's gonna have to get past the new guys. There's some killer compitition in there... Hope he pulls it. And then there's him VERSUS YOSHII. That should be one of the better matches of the night. Of course we can't count out Grant.... but there's not as much drama going into that match XD.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
hey guys how about we wait till everyone gets there and see what everyone wants to do..........i do like the 50 35 15 idea too that was smart, but i would be down with the 40, 30, 20, 10 idea too I might be able to pull something out of my butt and take a 4th, most likely not, but you never know everyone else could suicide and I hang onto the edge.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
yea i guess i am down with the Robin Hood way. Stealing from the rich and giving to the poor.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
ok then im sorry to have to say this but me and chexr wont come unless 1st at least gets 50% otherwise its not worth it sorry.
who knows maybe you guys could beat us.

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
alright, how about this as a different proposal for the entry fee/prize money. $10 per person, 50/30/20, and 4th gets his money back before the distribution of the first 3 places. Example, say we have a $110 pot (for simplicity) you give 4th back his $10, and then split the pot regularly. This way, Aaron/Chexr still get money, and the lower pep fighters still have something to fight for. If its not enough for 4th, maybe add and extra 5 to it, just to make him think, at least I made a little something.

EB: match accepted, but I'm keeping my money and taking another $5

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
okwell not to be a jerk or anything, but since i am the host this is what is going to go down.................... 55, 30, 15, and for as far as 4th place goes, you will get some free Popcorn and soda, sorry no more voting or anything, I just feel some of us just need to practice and step it up and try to win.......10 bucks a person, and ten a person for doubles too, so everyone will need at least 20 bucks and than more money for any money match he may have. I guess if you hate this then I am sorry.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
Well, Theatresheik, if you want me to come, you'll have to $100 match me. After all, you're the one that said step up to the plate. I'll let you choose my character. Just tell me a week in advance(so asap).

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
thanks Theatresheik for keeping it like that.

sorry teflon I just wanted it to be the same as always. and teflon I just want to know why your not comming?

since you guys want 4th to get some money I will give 4th place the 10$ they used to enter on singles if that makes any1 happy.

Grant wanna test out your fox skillz? now you can in a fox ditto 5$ money match. does that sound like a plan? after all you almost beat once.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
sorry Teflon I dont have that kind of moola to give to ya cause I know I would lose it....lol I am not as cocky as that Shadow X guy you destroyed for 100 bones...still 5 dolla ya though

Chexr

Smash Ace
I don't mean to be mean oh wait....err...ahh...If you want some money teffles maybe you should start winning. It's not like were super-unloseable people. We can still be beat. An' I'm cool with anything as long as 4th doesn't get anything........and its not 33.3333333,33.333333333,33.33333333

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
yo EB i can't come practice with ya tomorrow but hopefully soon we can. Schools kinda screwing me right now so yea...soon practicing will be going down.

i am going to be the one to beat aaron and chexr and take 1st place bo yea....(just maybe not this tourny)

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
yea sure!
2 out of 3
Tourny rules
I want to be doc
5 bucks

I will give you my best shot, my level of skills are improving.

I really gotta practice now i can't get beat horribly by a pichu, at least gotta give him a good fight!

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
well, it turns out Leon won't be showing up either, but fear not Iowa. For Phil will still be coming, and a new, improved VD will be there, complete with L-canceling capabilities.

Aaron: challenge accepted, tourney rules. And fear not Aaron, I will finish the job I started this weekend.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
well i am sorry you can't come Teflon, I guess we will have to put our GW sheik match to the aside till another time. still sounding like a pretty good turn out. see you guys in about a week.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Well, since teflon isn't coming(should though) i am going to have to whip out my sexy G&W. I ve been practicing. Blue style though(i think teflon likes green)!

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
well here be my money matches so far........
Me vs Grant fox ditto 5$
Me vs Fraypika(im pichu) 5$
and I think I have a money match with you theatresheik? 5$ was it?

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
yea Aarosmash we have a couple, we have a dolla ditto sheik and you link vs. my sheik, 1st round and second round your gdorf vs. my sheik, and for some freak chance the 3rd round you can pick your char for 5 bucks

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
Hello Everyone, I know its been a while since i have posted also, but not like most of you care. I was at the last big iowa tourney, so if you remember me, sweet, me and tacoom took #5 in teams, GO BLACK FARIES. But yeah, i used samus way back then, and well now, i dont anymore, i use some new chars and have increased my skills a lil. But yeah, I am planning on going, and if i do the tacoom will, and especially if we can get his moms car, we will be there. Plus i am also trying to get ahold of some guys to see if they would wanna go to this tourney. But i will keep in touch and let you all know the situation. Well, laterz everyone
Aaron

Tacoom

Smash Lord
well, if I dont get my moms car then I guess we will be in Dragons car...again. That car takes a beating when it comes to mileage. Now onward with the bidding...Do I hear Money Matches!!!:chuckle:

Chexr

Smash Ace
5$ Yoshii ditto Tacoom?

and Teffleon I don't see how swiching it to 40/30/20/10 from 50/30/20 would benifit you as you'ld probably get 3rd...

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
I'm busy. Plus, I want to give someone else a chance at third. :p. I'm just sick of the same people walking away with so much of the pot. You guys make enough(so do I).

It also makes me sad when people say 'no johns' and tell people that have a chance at taking you down to 'step it up'. If EVER you guys would of been beaten, it would of been a previous tourney. Some people are just naturally better than others. Some people can only go so far in Smash. I think it's unfair to tell someone to try and go beyond that point. So YOU guys step it up. Sure this is a John, but it's been proven time after time that A/C can beat the rest of us. I can only recall three times they ahven't gone 1/2, and two of those times being dethroned by top compitition OOSers.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Chexr, you destoryed my Yoshi way back at my frist tourney. Lets just see how much Ive improved. That is if you remember my performance. The ditto is on.
Aarosmashguy ill take your offer as well.
Any other takers?

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Im basically going to be there to take money matches. Im bringing a fat pay check so I might even get a little gutsy.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Hey Aaron and Yosh...Mo here ;)

Anyways guys Im a friend of Tacooms and I think I might be heading up and bringin 3 or so friends. Depends on if my buddies are going through with the plan to drive to Norman for Oklahoma v Nebraska though...

Top Bottom