• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Movie Theatre Tourny II Take 2 (Nov. 13th)

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
its alright dude I just didn't want anything wrong between us that is why its so hard to understand what one person is saying on this...see ya tomorrow

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Hey guys....calm down :-P

Anyways I figure Tacoom must mean us unless he has some other friends along. I am certain I can bring at least 2 with me, probably 3. Thats us 4 plus Tacoom and Dragon, so prolly should plan for 6.

I'm definitely going since Nebraska got beat by Iowa State so we canceled our plan to drive down to Oklahoma....

Food sounds good the night before and games too :-P

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Aaron: yeah, we can get over to your house, I'm sure that it'll happen someway, I don't care how, but it'll happen.

Tacoom: Haven't got an answer on that $50 match yet.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
yo faceloran its coo just a little misunderstanding nothing to worry about..... (sorry once again B)

I guess i am going to come, who needs cash anyways. Smash it up!

Aaron and Chexr is that tunuva coming, if he is he wouldn't want to be my partner would he?

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
ummm did I miss some posts....aarosmash and co. you guys need a place to stay too??? or are those sleeping bags and stuff for when they stay at your place?? just let me know and I will see what I can do. from Omh. i really don't know, I am guessing 4-5 hours, but you guys would be fine if you left late afternoon, there can be movies to watch or videogame playing can be done if you arive while i am still at work.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Vault dweller: its like a 75% chance that we go I just need to print off the info about the tourney and where its at. I will let you know to come here or not later during the week. Well I tried to get the living room but I failed:( Mom said NO until she goes to bed. My room is even smaller then your room now!

Theatreshiek: The scoop is that Grant/yoshii are comming to my house to spend the night on friday and the next day we all ride together in a van to this tourney. I dont know why u were confused.

EMERGANCY: THEATRESHEIK CAN YOU CHANGE THE TIME TO 12 not 8:30? we cant get there that early because my friends dad who is taking us has stuff to do in the mourning and the earliest he can take us is 12. So if you cant change it this group of 5 cant go:(

Paul55014

Smash Cadet
I'd love to take my crew to this tourney, but I'm afraid its too short of notice and about 3 hours too long of a drive away. If the midwest decides to host a tourney in the MN/WI area I'd be glad to bring my group of 4-6 guys to hang with you all.

I recently went to WANT (my first tourney) and had a great time meeting all of the semi-famous smashers (Teflon, Aaron, and Chexr) and I'd love to go to another. Sounds like this one will be great, but me and my crew wont be able to attend.

Happy smashin,

~Paul

tunuva

Smash Apprentice
waaaa im not a semi-famous smasher.:(

umm fraypika sure ill be your partner, but be sure to steer clear of my random -> a tips (ask chexr and sdm about that).

We might be able to come but it would be easyier if you made the date later.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
His dad can't take you until 12? If that's the case, changing the time to 12 would still be too early for you guys since you have to drive all the way down here. Anyways, Changing it to 12 wouldn't work out very well; I think the reason it starts so early is that the theatre has a show that night and we have to be out by 3 so they can set up for it. Unless we can finish the rest up at one of our various houses? Or make it on Sunday if everyone is Ok? If we really had to, we could finish it in my basement. We had a lot of TVs down there before for halo... So it might work... There's already five TVs down there before counting any others people might bring. We'd need cubes though. There's an idea anyways... Theatreshiek's call, though.

What's the soonest you guys could possibly make it, Aaron #2?

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
Am I Aaron #2? I am confused. I am ok if it is switched to sunday but I prefer saturday. It would be fine for us to finish tourney in your basement I think.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Heh, yeah. A panal of judges decided that I'm Aaron #1, you're Aaron #2.

So what is the earliest time you guys can get here on Saturday?

Plus I was just brainstorming some possible ideas. Theatreshiek has the final call since he's mannin' the tournament.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Basement might be the easiest strategy, unless somebody else has a better idea. The tournament may very well go over the time limit even if we do start at 8:30 (and from my experience, no tournament has ever started at the time they say they will). So if we do do part of it at the theatre, we may have to pack it up and move it somewhere else anyways.

...I'm not sure, I wish these things didn't have to be so complicated. Life should be more like a shyguy. :shyguy: So peaceful... So pure...

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
As everybody could use a few suggestion here are mine:

Faceloran if its allright with Earthbowser, your crew could probably stay at Earthbowser's house on Friday night, it could knock off a good hour on the travel time(I think anyways, somebody correct me if i am wrong). Thats if the traveling time bothers you.

Saturday in my eyes is the best day, I don't really have a reason. I just like it better.

In this case, if its allright with everybody, we should just hold the whole tourny at Earthbowser's house. It would make it tons easier, less hassel anyways. It would add about 45 to 50 minutes to the travel if nobody minds. I am also sure we could find somewhere to hold it in Sumner. My house wouldn't be to good of an idea cause its pretty small, and we could always go to Theatresheiks basement. Its a pretty good size I think, of course its up to him as he is the host. This also means no big screeny but hey maybe for the finals, we could go to Theatresheiks living room as he has a pretty huge TV.

Tunuva its allright i just need a partner, should be a good time.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Wha!!!! Sunday?? That not good for me and my crew. I work Sunday 11 - 8 and it would be near impossible for me to get that off. VD: And im still thinking about the $50 match. look at a ratio of 4:5 that Ill accept.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Ok, so Sunday is out of the question then. I forgot about Brandon's basement; it is pretty big. Well, I guess stuff just depends on what time Minnesota people can make it. We can make final desicion when they know what's going on.

*shakes fist at Phil for inadvertantly making things more complicated*

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
First thing I have to do is figure out how many people our crew is bringing....I'll have it figured by tomorrow hopefully.

Anyways Sunday is bad for me too since I work that day as well.

I don't mind the early start, since we are planning to leave Friday and spend the night somewhere over there (yet to be decided I suppose) anyway. I guess if it changed it wouldnt affect us a whole lot, as long as there is somewhere we can count on the tourney being held.

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
By the way...theres a chance my partner for the Omaha tourney won't be going....in that case is there anyone who is partnerless that I could team with? I'll probably have it figured by tomorrow or Tuesday whether or not I need a partner.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
I take honors of being Ben#1, so pay attention everybody named Ben to this.

Aarosmash you should go back and read the first theatre smash thread and thats when aaron#1 decided that he was #1.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
yo

hey i might come with taccoom. i dont know if i could win or not... but i think i could do really good so that would be another good player. i just won that tourney at the FCC, even though there wasnt many good players there lol... idk if i can go though... but its a possibility

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Ive counted the numbers and it looks like its possible that up to 9 people could attend including me. But still its unknown at this time. hopefully I can have this all figured out by tomorrow night.

(List of the following: Dragon7507, Faceloran + 3 others, Mario_1234, and me with another 2 pending.)

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
wow I can't believe what has happened in like 2 days.....ummm if you guys can't be here till noon then the theatre is out of the question for sure......ummm Ben #1 beat me to my idea I guess that is what I get for sleeping in and not getting on the boards fast enough, my basement I guess could be fine, but I will need lots of help getting it cleaned up and make space available, (gives fraypika and earthbowser the puppy dog look), there is a enough space I believe, just a lot of boxes need to be moved to either the garage, or to the other half of the basement, and NEED TO BE MOVED BACK after the tourny is over (again looks and shakes his fist at Fraypika and Earthbowser =0>) and for the finals being on my big screen I dunno about that, if Beth is home then I am saying NO with no way around it. if she is going to be gone, then I would say yes. So I will ask her, But I know for a fact she won't be totally pleased with 30 guys she doesn't know, SO earthbowser fraypika and myself better do some major *** kissing, that may include fraypika you and me, if you don't mind helping me clean the basement friday afternoon, instead of playing Halo 2, So if Fraypika and Earthbowser could give me a call so we can decide what we want to do.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
well i talked to Aaron #1 and we decided the tourny will be on no matter what On Saturday, either in my basement or his, I will ask the wife today when she gets home from class around 4, and again it depends on how much butt kissing us Iowans can do in the mean time. but as far as Sunday sorry guys out of the ?, it will be saturday time pending on those Minnosotans. And Tacoom and Co. if this tourny is going to be held at Earthbowsers place, it would cut about an hour out of your time, but if you came early in the day, you would have to come that extra hour b/c Earthbowser works I think till 10 I do believe, I have no problem with you guys coming that extra hour if you don't mind we can hang out and play smash then head to the movies for the night, then travel back to Aarons over in Cedar Falls, its your call on that one, if its going to be at my house, then we can go back to our Org. plan.

Vault Dweller

Smash Apprentice
Ok, sounds good. Give me and address and a phone number. I'll give you a call when we're like 10 minutes away and such so you guys can start the tournement earlier. Sorry for being a hassle, but things up here tend to fall through like the Berlin wall.

tunuva

Smash Apprentice
Well my dad is busy till 12 and my mom will be gone all day, so I guess that won't work. Also my dad doesn't want to drive the van for a long distance because it breaks down too much. Chexr's dad said he will drive us (I think), but it will be hard to cram aaro, yoshii, vaultdweller and me in 2 seats for 4 hours. I believe Chexr, aaro and me will be going no matter what, but I have no idea how we are going to get yoshii and vaultdweller there.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Just to kinda put all the previous posts together(Easier for me to see and remember whats going on!):

Place: Either Theatresheik's or Earthbowser's basement. (Right?)

Time: Its all pending on Aaron #2 but I am assuming 4 will be the earliest starting time. The day will most definatly be on Sat.(Right?)

People who are for sure going: somebody want to do a list on whose all for sure going. Sort of do a sign up or something. I think that would help a little. Vault and Yoshi you guys should make leon and teflon take you?! Just a stupid suggestion.

Things needed: I think it would go a long ways if everybody brought a TV and cube along with them. ( I think this was previously stated). Umm.... Theatresheik probably could think of the number of cubes and TVs we need.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
Well, I guess it doesnt matter where the tourney is at. I just plan on going. But the sooner I know whats going down the better. Me and the crew will leave at about 6:30 - 7 Friday afternoon from Sioux City and from there its about 4 1/2 hours to sumner. witch means we will arrive close to Midnight. If at EB's house then that would work out fine since he will be off work already. If I can get some phone numbers or something, that would be great.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Do you think you'll know if it will be in your basement or not by tonight, Brandon? Because I was going to make some flyers and put them up when I go to work tonight at Gamestop. Since there will be a ton of people there for Halo 2, I'd guess there will be at least a few people in the group that play Smash Bros. Good publicity. Anyways, flyers won't work too well if we don't know where the tournament will be at... Will the random sumner people not come if it were to be at my house?

AS IT STANDS RIGHT NOW:

There will be a tournament

It will be on Saturday

We do need any setups people can spare

Exact time of day still needs to be decided

Exact location still needs to be decided. (I hope noone had their hearts set on the theatre. I know it sucks, but more than likely it won't be held there now)

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
yeah, it would be really nice if you could try to let me and tacoom know where its gonna be at asap, cause right now we are getting our crew all set up and figuring out who is going. But there is a possible of 10-11 going from us in Omaha, plus tacoom, but more than likely we have 5-6 for sure. We will try to keep everyone up to date on how many peeps were bringin as soon as we find out. Laterz
Aaron #3

Top Bottom