• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa Movie Theatre Tourny II Take 2 (Nov. 13th)

Tacoom

Smash Lord
It sounds like Dragon has the list of the crew who will be coming. I was out of luck on my search. It looks like we will be leaving early Saturday morning instead of Friday night. We will rule the night

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
There is a chance that Tacoom and my crew will be coming up still on fri, so we dont have to leave so early on sat, but yeah, i would rather come up and smash the night before anyway. Later all.
Aaron 3

ezmoney

Smash Rookie
Finally Some Iowa Action

Hey, is this event "members only" , or can a tourney noob come and get schooled? It's pretty gracious of you to offer up your basement. I'm chillin' in Davenport right now drinking a bottle of Old Style, calculating the distance. I'm thinking from the Quad-Cities , I may just be able to get away with traveling 2 hours.

Dragon7507

Smash Ace
It is a pretty exclusive event at these tourneys, but i am pretty sure in yourcase we can let ya in.Pretty much, at tourneies, if u can get there u can go. Its at theatre shieks, but i am for sure that he will be cool with another player, and if you have any friends who smash, bring them too.
Aaron #3

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
EZMoney, for some reason I think I remember your name from something. Have you been to any other tournaments? Maybe Snexus? Anyways, I'm sure we could squeeze you in. The more, the merrier. It usually takes me about two hours drive to get to the quad cities, not too bad a drive. Will you be bringing anyone else?

SDM! You should come. It should be a fun ol' time.

Leon

Smash Cadet
Yeah, sorry, the marching band has to play for the game at 11 on Saturday, no way in **** I'd be able to make it.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
T.Sheik could you give me the info needed to find your house? It looks like there will be 7 of us. Let the good times roll:rotfl:

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Heh this is gonna sound crazy but there could be even more of us then we've been planning....

I guess we almost for sure have an additional 2 people coming. Theres gonna be more Nebraska people there than Iowegians :-P

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Oh and Im also thinking we will leave Friday night because we wanna Smash it the night before, plus we dont have to wake up all extra early and stuff.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
well its pretty easy to find my house cause Sumner is small, just get onto main street in sumner (HWY 93) is also consider our main street, find Pleasent St. and head north until you find 12th and take a right and its the white Ranch house 206 is the house number also it has a Michigan flag in the window....do you have my number that I posted earlier?

SuperDoodleMan

Smash Ace
Sorry guys, I have decided I'm not goin to this one. I don't wanna tell my folks I'm spending all day Saturday on a smash tourney AGAIN. I've gotta visit at least 1 weekend start to finish.

Aarosmashguy

Smash Ace
oh well sdm family is over smash.
I guess I wont be able to go to this. All of my efforts failed:(
although I am curious to see who will win without oits or smack.
My guess is the mighty Earthbowser!

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
I don't know what you're talking about, I would have won even if oits and smack were here... SLAM!

But we'll see, I like to choke during important matches, so who knows.

Big Burn

Smash Lord
hey theater shiek can u tell me the exact address of your place. i know u told us the directions but i still need the exact address for something else

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Should be some good matches, I don't think any one person is going to dominate. Ya never know though!

Iowa taking top 3 oh yea!

Oh yea Earthbowser you should see if the Cedar Rapids guys want to come down.

Yea, I am in need of a partner so if anybody would want to be my partner that would be GREAT! Is omaha bringin down an odd number of people?

Also sorry oits and smack couldn't have come, I was looking forward to playing you guys. Ah well I am sure we will cross paths sooner or later.

Everybody coming don't forget to bring cubes and tvs!

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
I don't know where Dave's (Cedar Rapids guy) phone number is. I had it written down somewhere in my car, but when I hit the deer, it got lost someplace. I sent him an email though, so maybe they'll show, maybe not, we'll just have to see. He's also very dependent on a ride, so if he gets my email and if he gets a ride from someone, I'm sure he'll come. Two big if's though.

Tonight is the DDR thing going on at the Union; if I didn't have to work, I'd advertise some in person, but I at least put out some of the flyers, so maybe some people will see them. I'll try to go there after work if it's not already done and see if anyone took any of the flyers.

Also, Brandon, you should update the first page since a lot of changes have occured to the original stuff.

Tacoom

Smash Lord
okok, thanks for the confidence boost Yoshii. but I do have a few to worry about in my group. And as far as the group goes. I have all the info that we will need. So no need to worry. (Mario_1234, FaceLoran).

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
First off Iowa will NOT be taking top 3 :-P Omaha is gonna be representin heavy and we had better place thats all I can say...

And Fraypika....Mario1234 may be in need of a partner for doubles.

fraypika

Smash Apprentice
Horray a possible partner and Faceloran when I said Iowa is going to take top three I meant it more as in hope than for sure.

Theatresheik

Smash Apprentice
Hey Tacoom, do you know your ETA into Sumner tonight, b/c I do work till around 1100 or so, but if you guys get here around 930 you guys can just go the movies, and don't worry out theatre is only 99 Cents, so its not gonna break ya, and we will let the smashing begin tonight......if you get a post on here before 6 I will check it otherwise just give me a call..

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Tacoom you are traveling with the Omaha crew tho :-p

Fraypika the guy that might need a partner apparently already left for Iowa....so I dunno I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

EarthBowser

Tightwulf
Welp, good tournament everybody. Didn't work as well as I had hoped it would, but it was good stuff all the same. Sorry, Aaron I failed your prediction and totally sucked for some reason. I tried pulling out some Doc and Shiek, and in hindsight, that was probably a bad decision. Should just stick to Luigi. I did make some money from money matches though, so it all worked out well in the end.

I don't have the brackets, but from memory top three was

Paul
Mario_1234 both tied for first (...tournament was cut short by for some reason)
Mo 3rd

Paul: You guys are awesome. Got "573375" that's for sure. Sorry the payout stuff was kind of kooky. Hope it doesn't prevent you guys from coming down anytime in the future, that would suck. Loved the hizzangin'.

Crash: As was said before, you rock, 573375 and all that. I saw you teaching some of your Samus manuvers, it's always good to give out the knowledge. Hizzangin' with you guys rocks house. If you guys get a tournament going up in Wisconsin, I'll do my best to attend. You guys have already been more than awesome attending all of ours. You get no food.

Tacoom! Sorry about the abrupt tournament end, I wanted to talk to you guys some more. Playing against me with someone other than Yoshi threw me off. Took me to town. I'll try to make the Omaha tournament, I have to check my schedule first. Hopefully I can make it, and try to redeem myself in the face of Omaha dudes.

Aaron #3: I'm Aaron #1! Your Ganondorf is good, but if you need another character, you better practice up next time we meet!

Omaha people: Thanks for coming out! It was great meeting all of you. I hope to see you at other tournaments!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
I felt like I did really well, especially with this being only my second tourney. The first one really had a lot of noobs too. Taking third with my Marth ain't too bad at all.

Plus, Team Desert Tank managed to place on teams despite basically zero practice with team attack on before the tourney.

Top 3 teams finishers were:

1. Team 573375
2. Team Mario People
3. Team Desert Tank

Paul, your Doc was awesome dude, but I really wish we could have had our third game on a more Marth-friendly stage :-P

EarthBowser it was cool meeting ya man and you should definitely do your best to make the next Omaha tourney, along with the rest of you Iowa folk. Sorry I had to paste your Luigi/Sheik bro ;)

And thanks TS for hosting it, twas good stuff. Hopefully it'll be bigger and better next time.

teflon_climbers

Smash Lord
EB, let's get ready for Michigan. Have you talked to Aaron #2 about a ride? Or else I can talk to him, see when he's ready, talk to you, ect. I might just be able to give him a ride, though. I have a bassoon lesson at 2:30, so how about you just come to River Falls :). We won't make you do any extra driving on the way here.

I'll let you know when I hope to have you here by. I would like us to be able to practice a bit. I'm hoping me and #2 will have some time to get him ready for a few matches he'll be doing, but I have faith in him, so no worries :).

Top Bottom