• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Why oh why se'kou must you be gone on the 20th!! JakeBudden...we should team. Don't hate.

I will most likely be there on the 20th
This was a lot of stuff to sift through. Jesus. So it will be 5 dollars for singles AND doubles or 5 dollars for both or what is going on here?

Good choice of songs joker, if JakeBudden or Se'kou ever get back to me about tomorrow I'll post on here as soon as I find out if i'm coming or not. I have a meeting with my adviser at 4:40 so I'll probably be arriving around the same time as last week.

resTy

Smash Champion
$5 for Brawl Singles and $5 for Brawl Teams per teammate I'm assuming.
I might enter singles since it's only $5.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
I will enter melee for sure, and then Imma beat tyser and get first. If matt doesn't stop me first.

Ummm oh yeh, STARCRAFT 1?!?!?!!? YESH PLEAS-AH! i will bring my lappytop and a copy so i can play too. If the Iowa city people show up, beware of Juice. He's good.

resTy

Smash Champion
Speaking of booster packs, I bought three today from Dragon's Lair.
Opened the first one and got crap; was pretty disappointed.
Second one contained Emmersblade O.O; was stoked as hell.
Third one contained another bad rare card; was still stoked.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I will enter melee for sure, and then Imma beat tyser and get first. If matt doesn't stop me first.
This guy's giving me too much credit. It's nice I suppose.

Speaking of booster packs, I bought three today from Dragon's Lair.
Opened the first one and got crap; was pretty disappointed.
Second one contained Emmersblade O.O; was stoked as hell.
Third one contained another bad rare card; was still stoked.
Now this guy, he's just getting buck

To all those who care, I didnt get any big scholarships or anything so my chances of going to Drake just dropped massively.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
This guy's giving me too much credit. It's nice I suppose.

Now this guy, he's just getting buck

To all those who care, I didnt get any big scholarships or anything so my chances of going to Drake just dropped massively.
That sucks, scholarships are a pain. Tough to get and tough to keep.

Joker - I will not be coming tomorrow, I will be there thursday with se'kou however.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Oh ****. I ordered Soul Silver. I'm going to love it so much. Water Pokemon for my starter <3

Also, I can't go to the 20th OR the 3rd now. Reasons:

1. the 20th is the day before my brother's birthday and apparently we're going out of town.
2. my parents want me back for Easter, on the 3rd.

So...yeah, life sucks for Smash I guess. :C ..

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I feel dirty.

The gamestop I went to didn't have Battle Fantasia or CvS2 at all, but a brand new Arcana Heart was there. Instead I passed that up though, considering PS2 is pirate city and no one will play it with me. (While a real CvS2 would come in handy without me bringing my modded PS2)

So I got FF13 with the 10$ gift card instead. Used that gift card to buy component cables (Are these things even better then HDMI?)

tl;dr I hate myself now for not getting HGSS instead. Or more likely a flashcart device.

Time to go burn this game lol.

I probably can't return it now that I got that free gift card.

I'm also not mad enough to do that.

resTy

Smash Champion
So I've spent $20 on boosters packs so far (add $32 if you wanna include the 8 boosters I attained through trade-in) and have spent a little bit less than $60 on singles so far ($52).
I'm 4 cards away from completing my Exodia Deck for Yu-Gi-Oh.
Hey, Greg. If you know people who want to buy Djinn Disserere of Rituals, Gravekeeper's Visionary or Jinzo, tell me because I wanna sell these suckers for money since I'm never gonna ever use them.

Juiceington

Smash Rookie
just scored 84k on robot unicorn attack with bad-star-placement-luck...too bad im a week late

and are you just playing iccup maps on the sc tourney? dunno if i ll feel like coming out of SC retirement

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Speaking of Yugi I enter a tourney last Friday and I got 1st oh yeah baby I still gotz it ^.^

Also to clear any misunderstandings the tourney on the 20th is more of a smashfest with $5 entry for tourneys nothing big the one on April the 3rd is the monthly one and Starcraft is more of a fun side thing to do so don't expect something big since they tend to go for a while<(^.^<)

Oh ****. I ordered Soul Silver. I'm going to love it so much. Water Pokemon for my starter <3
That's right water pokemon is where's at

Also, I can't go to the 20th OR the 3rd now
MOTHER Gear Solid will have to make a comeback another day then still T.T

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Oh, John Lowe! I bought Starcraft man. Teach me the way of the American, then when I meet Boxer online, I'll convert to the way of the Korean. :laugh:

MJG

Smash Hero
That isn't even remotely correct. It is based on the moon's position.

Easter is a moveable feast, meaning it is not fixed in relation to the civil calendar. The First Council of Nicaea (325) established the date of Easter as the first Sunday after the full moon (the Paschal Full Moon) following the vernal equinox.[3] Ecclesiastically, the equinox is reckoned to be on March 21 (regardless of the astronomically correct date), and the "Full Moon" is not necessarily the astronomically correct date. The date of Easter therefore varies between March 22 and April 25.

This is the reason I wasn't sure when Easter was.

Edit: Nope, Schism can't overlook kids beating up things they shouldn't even be able to hurt. Can't get over that and never will. It is obviously a fantasy world in Narnia and that accounts for some things like the lions and whatnot but still it makes no sense no matter how you look at that children who I'm sure have never held a weapon before are just champions in this world. Nope, can't and won't ever accept that. My opinion stands, movies that have kids beating up grown up people / beasts equals garbage.

Hmm... I got owned.

Yo, we should totally MM at this tourney :p

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
And Blank, Battle Fantasia is on PSN n00b!
Ohsht I didn't know that. Store clerk said it was just 360. I'm hittin that up then when I get LBP DLC and stuff.

And thanks for the tip Peeks. Unfortunately my TV doesn't support HDMI though so I'm stuck with component.

Rising-Tide

Smash Apprentice
you're nuts... fire starter owns. i haven't played starcraft in forever, one of the many awesome games i'm horrible at lol. I could never keep up with yugioh. soul silver ftw :p

§chizm

Smash Lord

vaderseven

Smash Apprentice

Also to clear any misunderstandings the tourney on the 20th is more of a smashfest with $5 entry for tourneys nothing big the one on April the 3rd is the monthly one and Starcraft is more of a fun side thing to do so don't expect something big since they tend to go for a while<(^.^<)
Ok read this.

Joker, the idea of SC and Brawl at the same place face to face is amazing. Can I offer services in running the side tourny for SC (something like a free or cheap entry for fun but with some structure)?

stopping spam (the idea of brawl and sc at same mini event caused me to post more in 5 minutes than I have posted in 5 days since I joined this site in 2004) see this thread tomorrow!

§chizm

Smash Lord
I just want you to know that I'm planning on not being sober during Starcraft.

Also I want to play FFXIII pretty bad but refuse to do so until I get a PS3.
The battle theme is legittttt.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Masashi Hamauzu has been one of my favorite composers ever since I heard Sigma Harmonics. Which is why the OST for this game is amazing because I can practically hear Sigma Harmonics and FFX all over it. <3

gantrain05

Smash Master
starcraft world forums? yeah sounds good. and yes greg dang, i will teach you the ways of the american starcraft lol, i'll beat those koreans tho, their time is up.

BOLT08

Smash Lord
Umm so question, how about April 10th? I know most people have said they'd be able to make it but I feel like even if April 3rd works for the most part, if April 10th works even better then why not have it then? I know April 3rd there is a possibility I won't be able to make it.

Maybe some OoS people are the same? I feel like the 3rd and the 10th should be further discussed.

Top Bottom