• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

The Real Inferno

Smash Hero
I'm very excited for HGSS. Why it took this long for them to begin work on these games is beyond me as they are way overdo. Still, this will be awesome and by then I'll probably be starving for a new Pokemon title as I usually am.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Ok, so iv got an update for my summer plans. Originally i was going to MN, but that fell through. But now 2 of my summer group got job offers in Iowa City, which is even closer to Des Moines, its less then 2 hours away. Which means after June i will be creepin to Jokers very often.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I meant with brawl not school lol.
Lmao too good. Yeah ima strike backkk after these 2 weeks.

Ok, so iv got an update for my summer plans. Originally i was going to MN, but that fell through. But now 2 of my summer group got job offers in Iowa City, which is even closer to Des Moines, its less then 2 hours away. Which means after June i will be creepin to Jokers very often.
Thats cool to hear, more people should creep Jokers on weekends. Like no one is there when me and Skizm show up.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well i show up occasionally, its just anime gets too good so i cant stop watchin \(^o^)/, i would of been over yesturday but i had to finish Basilisk cause Hurricane reconmended it, only took 8-9 hours to finish. what a awesome way to spend a saturday night/sunday morning

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
EDIT: Hey Joker, is those vids almost finished? I wanna see if I've got any.
I just finish uploading all the vids yesterday and I believe there where a couple of matches so yeah >.0

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=2ACDAD78C5921BAA

Thats cool to hear, more people should creep Jokers on weekends. Like no one is there when me and Skizm show up.
Agreed, also I think Mduo said something about showing up so yay d(^.^)b

^ Woulda been better if you came to Glenwood o.O There was even Brawl and Brawl+ there!
I couldn't make up my mind if I should have gone or not but I ended up staying up until 6am so I would have slept most of the time T.T

Also kudou man it happen while typing this but the laptop froze on me and does it everyonce in a while not sure if it's cause some program or not but I haven't done anything special with it, anyways I should show you this message it gives me when I restart it after it freezes.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
HEY joker you should change the next monthly date to june 13 b/c on the 6th im doing my grad. party on that day...O_O so yea it should totally be the 13th and me and -BC- will make it...O_O

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
i agree with zash..O_O..also i know you want me there for some more epic battles...^_^v

but yea it would be great cuz i wana show up for the next monthly..i havnt played games in like 5 weeks or so...b/c of getting ready to graduate..>_<v

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
HEY joker you should change the next monthly date to june 13 b/c on the 6th im doing my grad. party on that day...O_O so yea it should totally be the 13th and me and -BC- will make it...O_O
I agree with CBK.

Also, after watching K-ON, I've determined that Mio is the sexiest thing ever in the ending credits. Uli = sexiest avatar.
well that date kind of conficts with me alittle since on june 13th im having my birthday/graduation party. my birthday is on june 12 the day before, and my partents r having my birthday party and graduation party on june 13, the day after. if its unavoidable to have it on the 13th then i most likely wouldnt make it then :sign:

on another note, Mio is the sexiest thing ever in general \(^o^)/

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
well that date kind of conficts with me alittle since on june 13th im having my birthday/graduation party. my birthday is on june 12 the day before, and my partents r having my birthday party and graduation party on june 13, the day after. if its unavoidable to have it on the 13th then i most likely wouldnt make it then :sign:

on another note, Mio is the sexiest thing ever in general \(^o^)/
awww that sucks...=( maybe the weekend after your grad. party?...lol oh am i invited...lol j/k...but yea so maybe the 20th then? idk

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well i dont care if ppl come or not, its just gonna be an all out asian party basically with all the works. the usual \(^o^)/, but the date depends on joker since it would be pretty close to like the circuit in KC but i think that Stealth might push it back due to ppls johns and whatnots. but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
hey kudo, so we have a modded ps2 to play games, is it possible to play burned ps1 games on it?

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
actually u cant do that, its not that simple. the swap magic is only programed for ps2 games. ur ps2 isnt really modded, it just had a bootloader that allows it to run backed up games in a fun way so it isnt really soft modded. a real modded ps2 actually needs a mod chip in it, hard modded way. swap magic does not work with backed up ps1 games souly because u have to stop the disc from spinning to replace the game. it works in a funny way, let me explain since im sitting in class doin nothing \(^o^)/ so here we go. for the ps2 to play ps1 games there are 2 different way to do that. first one is the use of a real mod chip in ur ps2, simple as that. the second one is that u have to have a breaker pro and a real ps1 game. the thing is that u have to use the breaker pro because it allows the PS1 and Playstation 2 to play PS1 import and backup games without internal modification. im pretty sure that u have to run a real ps1 game so the ps2 reconize that it is indeed a ps1 game. then u got to get the disc to stop spinning and reaplace the real ps1 game with ur backed up one at a certain time to boot it up. its a freakin long process just to play ps1 games on the ps2 with breaker pro so the easist way is to just hard modd ur ps2 with a modd chip. i would reconment that u should just get a psp-1000 series and e-boot ps1 games from the psp. that what i do and its so much easier and convient.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I agree with CBK.
the 13th works for me too ^_^
The 13th is looking like it may work for everyone cause I believe Peeks gets done with his army stuff too right?
But Kudou won't be able to make it T.T
and I'm pretty sure people can't wait until the week after -.- (June 13th)
However is not too late and the tourney could be done on May 30th o.0
Otherwise I'm sorry Kudou but I think it will have to be on the 13th.

If there's grass on the field, play ball.
True words have never been spoken before >.<

i would reconment that u should just get a psp-1000 series and e-boot ps1 games from the psp. that what i do and its so much easier and convient.
Will my PSP work for it cause if it does I need to get a bigger MemoryStick >.0

And by the way I finally when and reserved KOF12 and BlazBlue get hyped.

On another note I don't think IA is making it to the next circuit on June 20-21 sooooo
Brawlfest >.<

Nicole

Smash Champion

On another note I don't think IA is making it to the next circuit on June 20-21 sooooo
Brawlfest >.<
Dude, you never know. I'm thinking they might change the date if they need/want more attendance. Since IA and MO are the closest states to KC and neither state is particularly happy with the date they still might change it. I kind of doubt they'll get a ton of Oos'rs.

At least that's what I'm hoping for:ohwell:

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Joker the only way that i will be able to attend the next monthly is if it is on the 30th, cause i leave on the 6th but dont get back till the 21. I dont know how that works for everyone else but i say the 30th.

Also if the next circuit event got pushed back even a week later i could make it. We got the whole summer so why not if it brings more people. Cause then i could take a car load with me at least then there would be a handful of IA.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
actually u cant do that, its not that simple. the swap magic is only programed for ps2 games. ur ps2 isnt really modded, it just had a bootloader that allows it to run backed up games in a fun way so it isnt really soft modded. a real modded ps2 actually needs a mod chip in it, hard modded way. swap magic does not work with backed up ps1 games souly because u have to stop the disc from spinning to replace the game. it works in a funny way, let me explain since im sitting in class doin nothing \(^o^)/ so here we go. for the ps2 to play ps1 games there are 2 different way to do that. first one is the use of a real mod chip in ur ps2, simple as that. the second one is that u have to have a breaker pro and a real ps1 game. the thing is that u have to use the breaker pro because it allows the PS1 and Playstation 2 to play PS1 import and backup games without internal modification. im pretty sure that u have to run a real ps1 game so the ps2 reconize that it is indeed a ps1 game. then u got to get the disc to stop spinning and reaplace the real ps1 game with ur backed up one at a certain time to boot it up. its a freakin long process just to play ps1 games on the ps2 with breaker pro so the easist way is to just hard modd ur ps2 with a modd chip. i would reconment that u should just get a psp-1000 series and e-boot ps1 games from the psp. that what i do and its so much easier and convient.
Well I'm assuming if Joker has swapmagic he also has a fliptop lid, since thats mainly what its used for lol. With that he can replace the disc without resetting the PS2. If he does have one, PS1 games and PS2 games work alike. Same with roms and emulators. Swapmagic should come with two discs, one says "DVD" and the other says "CD." The latter is used for PS1 games and emulators.

But yeah nowadays I play all my PS1 games on PSP.

Top Bottom