• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
man i just finished watching you guys pools match from kahoka joker, and i gotta say that kudou is getting alot better.

also i was wondering if you got my pools recorded when anther showed up seeing as we played on your tv, cuz i'd love to see that match vs the lvl 9 snake lol.
well i have problems playin brawl, i think that its like melee when i edge guard so i always let my opponent on the edge/stage so i get jewed every match. like against deepak, i always let his falco back on the stage and i get punished for it. i wished that my match with lain was recorded cause i liked my match against his marth. its was fun playin him. also my match with thinkaman was so epicly close, just wished that it was recorded as well. i think if i just play more brawl and do more b-air walls and edgeguard better, i would be alot better of a player

that is awwwwwweeeeeeeesome, i loved playin gold and silver. all i have to say is bout time

Ulti

Smash Journeyman
Hey Uli, rumor has it that you're going to E52 (and by rumor, I mean that I saw your name on the registered list :p ), so I thought we should have our similar name MM at E52, since you weren't able to come to Beezo!

However, I don't want this to be a regular MM, I'm not even sure that I want to put money on the line. What I do propose, is that we do a best of five (three?) double-blind match -- in the most literal sense. See/read the description to this video to get an idea of what I am talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ajlt1koZJCM

The stakes? Well, I am a bit divided on this. We could do a small wager, but that reallly wouldn't fit the point of the MM (we have similar screen-names/join dates), so I think that the loser should have to make an alt account and use that for a month.

If you have a crazier idea for a match style or wager, I am open to them.

Also, sorry if this is kinda out of left-field, I just thought this was as good a place as any to post this.

See you at Kansas!

Edit: By the way, if the video description wasn't clear, both of us can select one person to be our "eyes" and tell us what is going on in the match/what to do.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Hey Uli, rumor has it that you're going to E52 (and by rumor, I mean that I saw your name on the registered list :p ), so I thought we should have our similar name MM at E52, since you weren't able to come to Beezo!

However, I don't want this to be a regular MM, I'm not even sure that I want to put money on the line. What I do propose, is that we do a best of five (three?) double-blind match -- in the most literal sense. See/read the description to this video to get an idea of what I am talking about:

The stakes? Well, I am a bit divided on this. We could do a small wager, but that reallly wouldn't fit the point of the MM (we have similar screen-names/join dates), so I think that the loser should have to make an alt account and use that for a month.

Also, sorry if this is kinda out of left-field, I just thought this was as good a place as any to post this.

See you at Kansas!

Edit: By the way, if the video description wasn't clear, both of us can select one person to be our "eyes" and tell us what is going on in the match/what to do.
That video has to be the best idea ever. Holy ****.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
okay sounds good but is it at jokers or JBM's?
Well there's one at JBMs this week but I don't think I'm going o.0

man i just finished watching you guys pools match from kahoka joker, and i gotta say that kudou is getting alot better.

also i was wondering if you got my pools recorded when anther showed up seeing as we played on your tv, cuz i'd love to see that match vs the lvl 9 snake lol.
Kudou just needs to play the game more >.<
And yeah I have your pools match recorded and the lv. 9 Snake one also ;3

Dude I soooo called it I knew the next Pkmn was going to be the remake of gold and silver XP

well i have problems playin brawl, i think that its like melee when i edge guard so i always let my opponent on the edge/stage so i get jewed every match. like against deepak, i always let his falco back on the stage and i get punished for it. i wished that my match with lain was recorded cause i liked my match against his marth. its was fun playin him. also my match with thinkaman was so epicly close, just wished that it was recorded as well. i think if i just play more brawl and do more b-air walls and edgeguard better, i would be alot better of a player
Yeah everytime you did it I was all like is not Melee XD
But you did pretty good mang specially when you had a pool of CGers T.T

yo guys come to this :D

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233110

you know you want to.
Well I think the same IA people who went last time may show up to this.

Which means now that stealth has a date for the tourney then I need to start finding a venue soon T.T

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yo you guys should come.

i'd be down for like a 1 dollar brawl & brawl + tourney. melee would obviously be there too.

it seems like the ssb scene overall is playing alot of each of the game now so you guys should show up.

brawl+ is too good. luigi ftw in brawl and brawl+!

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
yeah joker, blank, mtkd are riding with you.

if they don't joker i'm sorry but i will be implanting a bomb in the pipes of your house.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Im grounded and stuck at my dads for the weekend. You should have a Brawl+ tourney some other weekend. =P

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
JBM I would love to go but I have work :( On a lighter note I am putting my two weeks in tomorrow so soon I will be able to attend.

Oh and unless Stealth raptor changes the date I can't go to the next circuit. I have a baseball tournament on that Saturday and a game on that Friday. So I posted in the thread that unless others are willing to drive, Iowa might be out if the day isn't changed.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Anyone watch new K-ON? It was so friggin funny, holy crap.
ima watch it later tonight, its gonna be awesome since Mio is too moe. \(^o^)/

whose going to jokers 2night
i might be over for alittle bit tonight

Im grounded and stuck at my dads for the weekend. You should have a Brawl+ tourney some other weekend. =P
weak i didnt know that asians can get grounded, just off the fact that my parents never grounded me for anything so i never felt that experience

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Yeah i cant make it to the next event either, i have army training for 2 weeks and the tourny is on the day that i get back so it just barely doesnt work which sucks cause i was really looking forward to it. Also I have picked up marth and welcome any and all advice anyone can give.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Pokemon battles are VERY welcome also
Man we still need to PKMN Battle

Why did you got grounded for o.0

Yeah i cant make it to the next event either, i have army training for 2 weeks and the tourny is on the day that i get back so it just barely doesnt work which sucks cause i was really looking forward to it. Also I have picked up marth and welcome any and all advice anyone can give.
So does that mean Zash isn't coming either point being sad day T.T
Also everyone wants to pick up Marth everyone is attracted to his handsome face <3

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I cant speak for Zash, so i have no clue, i will find out later cause he just went to eat.

And that marth fact is so true. How the light reflects from his tiara makes a golden light that make his eyes glitter and glow. His perfect curves. The cape that is always blowing in the breeze... How nice :).

Uli

Smash Champion

See you at Kansas!

lol this sounds good
i accept!
if i think of anything else ill holler

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Hey Peeks, are you just now starting to watch Geass or just decided to change your avatar to Geass for no particular reason? Was bored and noticed it.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Just changed it since i was bored. I have watched all the dub which is up to like ep 15 in r2 and it just started airing again so im all sorts of pumped. I started over tho cause it has been like over a month since the last ep and i forgot alot.

By the way Uli im glad ur doing that, it makes me happy that matches like that happen lol.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Awww, you watch in dub? Should watch it in English Subs. The Japanese voices make the experience 10000x better. Plus the English Dub wont be done for quite yonder.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Yeah i know, the wait is killing me, but i have stuck with the dubs for this long i just have to finish in dubs. If i switched now it would be weird for me with the voice changes. But once it is done i do plan on checking out the subs.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
hey blank i saw you walking towards your house yesterday...lol i was on my way to hoover for a tennis meet.. but yea why did you get grounded??

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
hey blank i saw you walking towards your house yesterday...lol i was on my way to hoover for a tennis meet.. but yea why did you get grounded??
Why did you got grounded for o.0
He got a B+ in ONE of his classes. This is typical asian customs. I even went through it.
But not really.
Pretty much. I had promised my mom I would have all A's before Kahoka and didn't keep it, but usually when I plan things in advance I get to go so when the event came we made an agreement. I could go so long as I stayed grounded for 2 weeks afterwards. Of course I was going to pick to go lol.

Its really all good though, I made a plan on the way back. When she asked for the cords to my stuff I gave her fake ones, so nothings really changed except I can't go anywhere this weekend. =(

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Blank you shouldn't lie to your mom bro.

besides you get smarter when you take breaks, everything sinks in
Hey my grades are fine now. :laugh:

Besides that I'm using this time to learn something. I'm not completely unproductive, I've been practicing some drawin since I have nothin to do this weekend.

Top Bottom