• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
im pretty sure that, thats not right.........Swap Magic has been designed with one purpose in mind, booting backups/import games. One disc is for booting CD-R games like MvC2, and another is for booting DVD-R games like almost everything else. both joker and myself have the ps2 fat version so we use the slide tool to play backed up games.

we dont have the flip top cover as shown, we have the alternative slide tool

if we had the slim version, we would need a slim cover or a magic switch just as shown

i prefer the slide tool since u dont have to switch the cover with the flip top. its seems like too much work so i took the lazy way out. dont fight with me on this blank, this is my thing \(^o^)/

Will my PSP work for it cause if it does I need to get a bigger MemoryStick >.0

And by the way I finally when and reserved KOF12 and BlazBlue get hyped.
ur psp will play ps1 e-boots on it. im pretty sure that i gave u the 5.00 poploader so there's no doubt that it will play ps1 games.

all that matters is that ur gonna have blazblue and kof12 and im gonna play it at ur place since i dont have a ps3 or 360 cause im pretty poor games to even own one of those two :sad face:

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
Im getting bored of Melee so Ill fire up a little bit of Brawl. Probably gonna main MK so they better not ban his ***.
I still think Brawl is a HORRIBLE game.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
im pretty sure that, thats not right.........Swap Magic has been designed with one purpose in mind, booting backups/import games. One disc is for booting CD-R games like MvC2, and another is for booting DVD-R games like almost everything else. both joker and myself have the ps2 fat version so we use the slide tool to play backed up games.

we dont have the flip top cover as shown, we have the alternative slide tool

if we had the slim version, we would need a slim cover or a magic switch just as shown

i prefer the slide tool since u dont have to switch the cover with the flip top. its seems like too much work so i took the lazy way out. dont fight with me on this blank, this is my thing \(^o^)/

ur psp will play ps1 e-boots on it. im pretty sure that i gave u the 5.00 poploader so there's no doubt that it will play ps1 games.

all that matters is that ur gonna have blazblue and kof12 and im gonna play it at ur place since i dont have a ps3 or 360 cause im pretty poor games to even own one of those two :sad face:
Haha, not tryin to fight you about it its just thats what I've done with my slim PS2. I have no idea about the slide tool, but I've used the fliptop with PS1 games and emus before. The newest swapmagic says on their site they support it too.

When does BlazBlue come out anyways? Thats one thing we can still play after summer eh Joker?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Dude, you never know. I'm thinking they might change the date if they need/want more attendance. Since IA and MO are the closest states to KC and neither state is particularly happy with the date they still might change it. I kind of doubt they'll get a ton of Oos'rs.

At least that's what I'm hoping for:ohwell:
Well I was still hoping but then Stealth said

im sorry it has to be june. that is the only time cameron can come :/ ill just have to deal with the smller attendance.
So then cameron has priority which mean there's only going to be like half the people from last tourney, sooooooooooo yeah.

im down with any of the dates :D
joker ima poop you in some KOF O.O (jk ;_; )
Kool and Fack yeah KOF is going to be too good I'll nerd that game more than SF4 in matter of fact I'll replace SF4 with KOF12 in my tourney >.<
By the way Uli we need to play some KOF98 or CvS2 next time for sure.

Joker the only way that i will be able to attend the next monthly is if it is on the 30th, cause i leave on the 6th but dont get back till the 21. I dont know how that works for everyone else but i say the 30th.

Also if the next circuit event got pushed back even a week later i could make it. We got the whole summer so why not if it brings more people. Cause then i could take a car load with me at least then there would be a handful of IA.
It seems the 30th is another OK day but not sure if anyone can make it cause of test or such I think o.0
And as for the next circuit it seems is going to be on the June 20-21 rather then the first weeks of July, so then I don't think IA is making it.

The 30th means this would have been a 2 month wait o.O
Cause I'm confuse about this post so to be sure I'm saying that I could make it the 30th of May, so 2 weeks from now >.0

XDDDD, i appove
but im with tyser too, ive been trying, its hard because i havent accepted the game fully yet lol
If you like Smash period you will start liking Brawl eventually o.0
Maybe XP
Or hate it more >.<

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Haha, not tryin to fight you about it its just thats what I've done with my slim PS2. I have no idea about the slide tool, but I've used the fliptop with PS1 games and emus before. The newest swapmagic says on their site they support it too.

When does BlazBlue come out anyways? Thats one thing we can still play after summer eh Joker?
well joker and myself have like ver 2.3 or something, along the 2ish area of the swap magic with the fat ps2. if u have the newest 3.0 version then u could be right in a way. the way i explained it is for lower versions of the swap magic when thats how u did it back in the day. u and ur new versions of things.

blazblue is released on june 25th for japan and june 30th for us.

my last day of school is tomorrow and my grad ceremony is on sunday so i be outta high school soon!!!

awesome, HG/SS is now more epic than before \(^o^)/

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
We should just do the 30th of May and the 13th of June. A bi-weekly.

Good to hear about Tyser and Uli playing some more brawl :)

I will be done with work (menards) officially on the 23rd so weekends are back in business for me. JBM I will make it to your next event unless it is on the 20th of June.

Mushroomring

Smash Lord
I should be able to hit up this next monthly. I can finally get my pokemon battle(s) with Joker, assuming he's not too busy slumping people in brawl.

Egg Fu Yung

Smash Journeyman
For some reason when Peeks mentioned the 30th I thought he meant June 30th. Checked the calendar and that is a Tuesday so Im assuming now that he meant May 30th :S.

Tyser is down with the following: June 6th, June 13th, or June 20th.

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
Well regardless of when the tourny is, I think im going to try and creep down for a few days around the 30th. Since it is the summer and i have nothing going on i was thinking i could stay for longer and get some good games in before the 30th if the tourny is then.

And yes Tyser i did mean may lol.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
I'll post some vids of me getting wrecked by Anther in Grand Finals here once they get uploaded. Right before our set I eliminated Judge and Domo, two of the country's best MKs, and Joker, arguably the Midwest's best Snake.
My boy Joker is finally getting some love outside of Iowa!

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
We should just do the 30th of May and the 13th of June. A bi-weekly.
I should start having bi-weeklys but it would be mostly IA since I don't know if NE or MO will want to come down every other week >.<

I should be able to hit up this next monthly. I can finally get my pokemon battle(s) with Joker, assuming he's not too busy slumping people in brawl.
I'll make the time for it we have postponed our battle for far too long d(>.0)b

And yeah Peeks if you guys want to come down I'm kool with it.
Also Zash here's a little something I found with Sheik kinda kool >.0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzpP4h-ngV8&feature=related

Edit: Oh snap who was that Razor o.0

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
It was affinity that said it.

Edit: Kit/ MO folk. What dates work best for you guys for Joker's tournament?

Nicole

Smash Champion
The 30th of May is fine with ME, and I'm very important. I'm guessing it's probably ok for the rest of MO, but don't quote me on it. I just know that they, like me, don't have lives :psycho:

Nicole

Smash Champion
May 30th works better for me. I prefer to ask only one weekend off a month.

So, no Gigabrawl love?
Hey, you, if Gigabrawl in July works better for everyone I think maybe we should totally exhaust that option first. No one really seems to want this thing in June and Stealth is still maybe willing to switch the date. Half of IA still couldn't go if it stays in June.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
You guys pool your gas money and I'll take you to Gigabrawl.
Four of you.

Ya'dig?
Well thank you my good sir but I don't want you driving more than you have too ;3

The 30th of May is fine with ME, and I'm very important. I'm guessing it's probably ok for the rest of MO, but don't quote me on it. I just know that they, like me, don't have lives :psycho:
You are very important >.0
And you know what else

What are the date choices?
i think that the dates r either may 30th, june 6th or june 13th from what i've read
Correct, I originally wanted to have it on the 30th but I thought people will be busy with Test and what not >.<

Hey, you, if Gigabrawl in July works better for everyone I think maybe we should totally exhaust that option first. No one really seems to want this thing in June and Stealth is still maybe willing to switch the date. Half of IA still couldn't go if it stays in June.
Well it sounded that the main reason he wanted to do it on June is cause he needed help running it so if Cook and I help him it should work out plus if he ends up doing Melee then NE may show up, in which case Uli can help run Melee like he helps me d(>.0)b

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman

The 13th is looking like it may work for everyone cause I believe Peeks gets done with his army stuff too right?
But Kudou won't be able to make it T.T
and I'm pretty sure people can't wait until the week after -.- (June 13th)
However is not too late and the tourney could be done on May 30th o.0
Otherwise I'm sorry Kudou but I think it will have to be on the 13th
hmmm i think the 30th works for me unless its one of my friends grad. partys but whatever happens...lol but yea 30th good for me too..^_^v

oh yea and kudou i have a psp series 2000 and ive played ps1 games on mine but i dont to lazy to do all that e boot and psploader crap...lol

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Correct, I originally wanted to have it on the 30th but I thought people will be busy with Test and what not >.<
well im pretty sure that everybody so be done with all of their school testings fairly soon. today is my last day of school and im just sitting here browsing the internet cause this is all i do in this class

anyways, did u preorder the limited edition of blazblue? its suppose to come with the ost that i already have but 19 more tracks to it, and bonus video disc containing basic tutorials, expert advice, character-specific strategies, and much more it said. i must play that game now. my best chance to get some practice with blazblue is to see if i can borrow hurricane's 360 so i can get the game for that.

btw joker, u should ask hurricane if he thinks he can fix my brother's 360, it like dosent read the disc anymore for some reason but it still works. just ask him if he knows any solution or something that i can do to get it fixed so i can start playin some 360 games when they come out

Well, to further reiterate everyone's statements, let me be the last to say that 30th works best. Ok that was easy. See you all on the 30th!
oh yeah, well the 30th works for me as well cause i can make this one instead of the wanted 13th. take that, now im last...........................

sluys

Smash Journeyman
I'm out of state from May26-June1

If the tourney is any other date I'll come.

*edit: If everyone else wants the 30th then do it then but I won't be able to make it.

Top Bottom