• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I can't drive nor play Melee very well, don't know if Schism is going either yet.

Is there anything going on this weekend? I have a 3-day weekend, so I figured I could get some games in. Also I have a DVD I haven't finalized yet. Hopefully Ill be free sometime tomorrow, if its okay for me to come over Joker.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
case closed > all anime

iowa is pretty cool. i should go to your tourneys!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Is there anything going on this weekend? I have a 3-day weekend, so I figured I could get some games in. Also I have a DVD I haven't finalized yet. Hopefully Ill be free sometime tomorrow, if its okay for me to come over Joker.
i might be up for something. well it all depends on who goin and where basically. \(^o^)/

case closed > all anime

well that would have to be one of the smartest things that i have ever read \(^o^)/, detective conan is so good, i've only seen up to episode 200 and 7 movies. i have a long way to go till i catch up to the current episodes.

also u should come to some of iowas tourneys, we're a pretty fun bunch to hang out with. i see in ur sig. u have Iori Yagami from KoF. im pretty sure that some iowans like to play KoF like Joker and Love.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Anybody at Jokers up for some Not-A-Real-Game/Brawl+ with me? I want to practice other chars besides Ivysaur, and maybe get some vids of them too since people have requested. Ivysaur is totally too easy to use anyways.

Kudou if you come you should teach me how to google Anime.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
it's close to my current apartment, i'm moving near campustown next year

martin, eaten, helser and friley are all close
Good! Looks like we mite be gettin alot of games in next year then :O

I'm in Martin now, but I'll be in Buchanan next year, which I assume is still pretty close to Andy's new apartment

I think I might be picking up Barwl 0_0
So you people might see me one of these Thursdays if I don't have homework... which is good, because I left my Wiimote at the apartment
How do u like it in Martin?

At least ur stayin close by so we can still smash :O
I play Melee as well if u didnt feel like playin Brawl.

-BC-

§chizm

Smash Lord
I'll probably be going over to Joker's sometime later in the day if you want a ride Blank, and I'll probably play Brawl+ if you bring it I guess.
I would also like to play some 64 but I doubt it's going to happen. :laugh:

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Anybody at Jokers up for some Not-A-Real-Game/Brawl+ with me? I want to practice other chars besides Ivysaur, and maybe get some vids of them too since people have requested. Ivysaur is totally too easy to use anyways.

Kudou if you come you should teach me how to google Anime.
i can show u better ways to get anime \(^o^)/ cause im just that good. im willin to creep to joker's today if others r willin to as well. just give a time if teh joker is ok with it

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I'm always OK with it XP

case closed > all anime

True True, and fack yeah Iori can't wait for the movie to come out.

also u should come to some of iowas tourneys, we're a pretty fun bunch to hang out with. i see in ur sig. u have Iori Yagami from KoF. im pretty sure that some iowans like to play KoF like Joker and Love.
I. . . .Love. . . .KOF, but then again I'm more of an SNK guys rather then CAPCOM sure Street Fighter is good, but King Of Fighter is waaaaaaay better >.< however SNK Vs. CAPCOM 2 is just as good they need to make a 3rd one.

And I don't know when ppl are showing up, but I guess it all depends on Skizm since he said he had to do yard work today, so yeah >.0

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer

well that would have to be one of the smartest things that i have ever read \(^o^)/, detective conan is so good, i've only seen up to episode 200 and 7 movies. i have a long way to go till i catch up to the current episodes.

yeah I love watching case closed/detective conan ^_^ personally I'm only up to around 210 and the 3rd movie myself but I've gotten a little tired of watching 'em on the computer, so I'm just gonna wait for the american dub do it XD. season 5 and 6 is when haibara shows up so it's gonna be good =D it'd be awesome to play some games with someone who loves detective conan as much as i do :p

Iori is a badass. :D i've used him in every KoF game so far. XD

Joker I'd like to personally thank you for providing Arkive an epitome that Brawl sucks due to Grand Finals, resulting in Arkive & 8-bit finally quitting Brawl and going pure melee. You are my hero.

yeah I'll come up to the monthlies this summer sometime when nothing's going on down here, it seems like you guys have a big enough melee scene to be worth coming up to play LOL...

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
I. . . .Love. . . .KOF, but then again I'm more of an SNK guys rather then CAPCOM sure Street Fighter is good, but King Of Fighter is waaaaaaay better >.< however SNK Vs. CAPCOM 2 is just as good they need to make a 3rd one.

And I don't know when ppl are showing up, but I guess it all depends on Skizm since he said he had to do yard work today, so yeah >.0
well i guess u just cant wait till KoF 12 comes out huh \(^o^)/.

yeah I love watching case closed/detective conan ^_^ personally I'm only up to around 210 and the 3rd movie myself but I've gotten a little tired of watching 'em on the computer, so I'm just gonna wait for the american dub do it XD. season 5 and 6 is when haibara shows up so it's gonna be good =D it'd be awesome to play some games with someone who loves detective conan as much as i do :p

Iori is a badass. :D i've used him in every KoF game so far. XD

Joker I'd like to personally thank you for providing Arkive an epitome that Brawl sucks due to Grand Finals, resulting in Arkive & 8-bit finally quitting Brawl and going pure melee. You are my hero.

yeah I'll come up to the monthlies this summer sometime when nothing's going on down here, it seems like you guys have a big enough melee scene to be worth coming up to play LOL...
alright good stuff, good stuff

Hey Joker! Where's the vid of the match with me and CBK? You know the one...
u mean the one that u should of won if u did ur grab release up-smash? lol jk man it was a good match either way (^^;)

Who's going to JBM's next weekend? I would go, but I need a ride.
i kno for sure that im not goin this time. i think that i read somewhere that Zash and Razor said that they wern't able to make this one but maybe attend a different one. anyways, i cant this time around

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright, just throwin this out there. so when is the next monthly gonna go down? the next one is gonna be the 10th monthly we've had so its gonna hit the double digits \(^o^)/. anyways, the next circut is in very begining of may (1-3) so what is a good time for the monthly?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Not sure yet since the next Circut after Cook's is in Kansas hosted by StealthRaptor, but there isn't a date for it yet so I'm kinda waiting for it.

Uli

Smash Champion
so that MM was only one match?!?!?!
if so JEESSSSUUSSSSS

KC should make their brawl tourny have melee there :3

WANABHUGS

Smash Cadet
Melee tournament?!?! I wanna fo sho go to the next Event 52 since I bailed on the last one. Also, has anyone seen Dragon Ball EvLOLution? If you havent and are planning to go see it, dont.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
alright another Event 52, i didnt do so well last time to hopefully i can make it again a do a lot better than i did last time

on another note, teh joker and bone, im gonna need to borrow the laptop for like acoupple of days or so. my brother just finally bought his own laptop and he needs some stuff that is in the other laptop for his car and such. anyways, probably i need to get it sometime this week so u guys can have it back before the weekend starts. other than that it should be all urs after my brother gets the things he needs from it.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Joker I found your AFI hat in the van today!

Also I don't remember receiving my $20 after our money match....

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Joker I found your AFI hat in the van today!

Also I don't remember receiving my $20 after our money match....
may i have the next money match sir?

how much do you charge per minute? I think our matches have lasted 5-7 minutes when we're both playing well.

Vaxszlo.o

Smash Rookie
o.o so who all is going to genesis. i have something we should do when we show up. its gonna be bad ***.... so STFU and get over it. youll like it dammit

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
To all that is going to Kahoka, what is our driving situation? Me, Zash and Vax(?) can get to Des Moines but explosion johns prevent us from going further. Wondering if there is space for us in another car.

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
well if I have any say in the matter I would love to not have to drive since I pretty much drive everytime I go somewhere but if all else fails I can drive. I have heard possible maybe's for driving from andy and mduo. That wouldn't probably be enough though in the end.

Most likely I will end up driving with the van and the three of you NW Iowa boys can ride with me.

WANABHUGS

Smash Cadet
Is it true that the $20 money match was a single match? That is complete and utter garb . . . you guys should finish that money match some other time if this was so.

EDIT: Strong Bad is the shit, but I have no idea why . . .

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
well if I have any say in the matter I would love to not have to drive since I pretty much drive everytime I go somewhere but if all else fails I can drive. I have heard possible maybe's for driving from andy and mduo. That wouldn't probably be enough though in the end.

Most likely I will end up driving with the van and the three of you NW Iowa boys can ride with me.
If you dont like the actual driving part i could drive the van. I have no problem driving but we have no vehicle to get the whole way.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well how is the driving situation gonna work? since it seems that a lot of ppl wants to go to the next circut since its not that far from here. maybe a good 3 hours or so i think, and we only have a limited ammount of room cause of car issues and stuff.

Top Bottom