• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
So what anime is everyone watching this season? Basquash and Mazinger seem pretty cool.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace

Thats what I said, but that was a good anime specially cause she goes around calling Ryuji dog, just like she kept calling Saito a dog also and I haven't seen hayate no Gotoku! but I'm pretty sure she'll call him dog sometime or other >.<
What's hayate no Gotoku about? I'm gonna finish Asu no Yoichi cuz its only 12 ep and makes me giggle, then I'll prolly watch that.

Uli

Smash Champion
OMFG when code geass first seasoned ended my head exploded and then waiting didnt help either

also im watching dragonball kai, full metal alchemist, saki, K-ON, Basquash (reminds me of borsch LOL), and Natsu no Arashi
i might check out some other ones anyone got any recommendations?

i thought basquash was going to be really stupid because its fucking mechs playing basketball but the first episode was really good :O

Nyaaa

Smash Apprentice
mechsplayingbasketballsoundslikeagoodcombinationforabadanimeistartedwatchinggeasswhenr2justbegansoiwasluckyashell

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Ok, I got a question for Kudou since you know where to get all the awesome Anime. Who is Fansubbing all the Anime that Uli mentioned?

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking about getting into the animu's starting with DieBuster. Am also waiting for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uk4o37A8_NM&feature=related&fmt=18

To become a full animation too hopefully. Basquash appeals to me for some reason, and I also have a bunch of old crap I logged back I wanted to catch up on but I'll probably never get to it.
Well Diebuster is awesome, Nia from Gurren Lagann was pretty much based on her and paying homage to Nono. Except Nia is no where as awesome as nono. Yokos goggles also pay tribute to Nono, but Diebuster is actually a sequel to Gunbuster and the ending for D won't have as much of an impact if you haven't watched G first. If you do watch G just be warned the first 3 episodes are pretty dull and mediocre but then it gets awesome.

Stuff by Studio 4°C is for the most part pretty awesome.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Well Diebuster is awesome, Nia from Gurren Lagann was pretty much based on her and paying homage to Nono. Same goes for Yokos goggles but Diebuster is actually a sequel to Gunbuster and the ending for D won't have as much of an impact if you haven't watched G first. If you do watch G just be warned the first 3 episodes are pretty dull and mediocre but then it gets awesome.

Stuff by Studio 4°C is for the most part pretty awesome.
Oh I didn't know any of that. I did know the characters looked pretty similar though, and I heard that I should check it out from the same person who recommended me GL, since I liked that show and all. I'll probably check out GBuster first then.

Yeah Studio 4C's stuff is trippy as heck, I've watched all the Amazing Nuts DVD and it was epic.

PortCity

Smash Ace
Ya'll cats planning on coming over to Ames tomorrow? Hit me up so I can make preparations.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
So what anime is everyone watching this season? Basquash and Mazinger seem pretty cool.
this is what im watchin from the spring 09 season

Hayate the Combat Butler season 2
Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~
K-ON!
Queen's Blade
Valkyria Chronicles
Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood
Sengoku Basara
Tears to Tiara

and this is all of the other anime in the spring 09 season that i might get to eventually

Ristorante Paradiso
Cross Game
Basquash!
Pandora Hearts
Shin Mazinger Shogeki Z-Hen
Shangri-La
Natsu no Arashi
Dragonball Kai
Saki
Asura Cryin'
Arad Senki -Slap Up Party-
Chi's New Address
Mainichi Kaasan
Tayutama ~Kiss on my Deity~
JUUDEN-CHAN

What's hayate no Gotoku about? I'm gonna finish Asu no Yoichi cuz its only 12 ep and makes me giggle, then I'll prolly watch that.
this is the description of Hayate no Gotoku!

Abandoned by his parents and given a monumentally large debt as a Christmas present, 16-year old Ayasaki Hayate is at the lowest point of his life. Desperately trying alter his hapless fate, he decides to kidnap someone to hold for a ransom. Due to an ill choice of words, the girl he tries to kidnap misunderstands the action as a confession of love. His plan is totally crushed when he gives his real name out. Realizing his wrongdoing, Hayate proceeds to rescue the girl from the yakuza, who had instead kidnapped her. The girl, as a token of thanks, offers Hayate a job as her butler. Hayate, overwhelmed by her kindness, vows to protect her even at the cost of his life.
16-year-old Hayate is really down on his luck. His unemployed parents are good-for-nothings who waste the money they have on gambling. One day, his parents have racked up a huge gambling debt that they had to sell Hayate to the yakuza for the value of his organs. In a desperate attempt to avoid that fate, Hayate decides to become a “bad guy” and kidnap someone to be held for ransom, but his efforts to do so are mistaken as a confession of love by the girl he targets.

also i already watched Asu no Yoichi and i wasnt really impressed at all

OMFG when code geass first seasoned ended my head exploded and then waiting didnt help either

also im watching dragonball kai, full metal alchemist, saki, K-ON, Basquash (reminds me of borsch LOL), and Natsu no Arashi
i might check out some other ones anyone got any recommendations?

i thought basquash was going to be really stupid because its fucking mechs playing basketball but the first episode was really good :O
well i have the list of all of the spring anime that is comming out, or is out already posted up ^. so take ur pick, i liked Valkyria Chronicles and Sengoku Basara that wasnt in ur list. it all basically depends on what u like to search the plot summary of my list up there and take ur pick

mechsplayingbasketballsoundslikeagoodcombinationforabadanimeistartedwatchinggeasswhenr2justbegansoiwasluckyashell
awww that is so lucky of u to pick up season 2 right after season 1 got finished. the suspence was way epic for me to wait

Ok, I got a question for Kudou since you know where to get all the awesome Anime. Who is Fansubbing all the Anime that Uli mentioned?
from yulai's list, as of now the best fansubber for each of them as of now is...

dragonball kai - SafetyDance
fullmetal alchemist brotherhood - Eclipse
saki - Underwater-Mahjong
K-ON - coalguys
Basquash - Umai

i reconmend that on some animes, u should wait till a decent fansub group picks up an anime. speed subgroups r just horrible in general.

ace156

Smash Apprentice
did anyone else notice that m2k is going roller skating >_> <_< ??

sorry about always being off topic compared to others lol

EDIoT- and by that i mean at Kahoka me your moves

PortCity

Smash Ace
Well on second thought, in light of my spouse "hating on me" we gonna have to reschedule until next week.

Uli

Smash Champion
Sengoku Basara doesnt look like it will have a very good storyline but cool fights and wut not so i didnt bother with it.
i skimmed through phantom. it looks really boring >_> zomg idk who i am, ill kill people because im told to and i want to live, blah blha blha, ill give it 4 more eps.
Saki is fucking awesome LOL i want to play some mah jong.

i think ill stick with my list for now unless there is something you think is really good, holla at me!

also why is m2k going skating at MO lol

sluys

Smash Journeyman
WUT!! Thats my strat... :O

Can't wait to go to ISU next year... We were up there monday on a field trip thing and it was too good... Plus games on thursdays rite? ;)

-BC-
you should figure out which dorm you're in, if you're in the Friley area you'll live very close to me and Vos

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sengoku Basara doesnt look like it will have a very good storyline but cool fights and wut not so i didnt bother with it.
i skimmed through phantom. it looks really boring >_> zomg idk who i am, ill kill people because im told to and i want to live, blah blha blha, ill give it 4 more eps.

i think ill stick with my list for now unless there is something you think is really good, holla at me!

Why wouldn't he? :lick:

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord

well it all depends on preferences, i like sengoku basara cause i have the ps2 game of it and its all guilty gear like so i have a thing for it already. i really have a thing for Hayate no Gotoku season 2 cause i just loved the 51 episodes for the first season. Tears to Tiara is basically like an anime i already watched (same concept) so i like that. Phantom ~Requiem for the Phantom~ just beacuse ayako is subbing it and its in hd \(^o^)/. also Valkyria Chronicles just because i have a heart on for the game. it really depends on what ppl like.

Why wouldn't he? :lick:
exactly, i mean come on

§chizm

Smash Lord
Hey are there any games going on tonight anywhere? I know people aren't playing in Ames but I wasn't sure. I get off late again tonight though. :ohwell:

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
-BC-: What are your plans for the summer? Will you be attending ISU in the summer?
Nope i wont be goin there until this fall...

There should be some days in the summer where ill come up tho especially if ill be goin there next year ill wanna check it out more and stuff

EDIT: Kiwikomix - Nice!! You go to ISU dont u? What dorms or apartment u in?

-BC-

Kiwikomix

Smash Ace
EDIT: Kiwikomix - Nice!! You go to ISU dont u? What dorms or apartment u in?

-BC-
I'm in Martin now, but I'll be in Buchanan next year, which I assume is still pretty close to Andy's new apartment

I think I might be picking up Barwl 0_0
So you people might see me one of these Thursdays if I don't have homework... which is good, because I left my Wiimote at the apartment

JBM falcon08

Smash Master
That was a pretty sweet vid razor.

God dang you iowa me and uli have both come in here asking about my tourney yet you guys don't respond to us? now i feel like wichita... WHO THE **** IS COMING TO MY TOURNEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well i can respond for me, i will not be able to attend ur tourny jbm next weekend. i have a lot of things goin down durin that week so i can really go over there during this time. as for everybody else, i cant really say if they're goin or not cause im pretty sure that skizm is like the only car that drives to glenwood/omaha. so i think if des moines ppl r goin to ur tourney, then it might depends on skizm or who ever is driving

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
That Eden of The East show seems really good, too bad I can't watch it due to all release being in HD.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
That Eden of The East show seems really good, too bad I can't watch it due to all release being in HD.
y dont chu just watch them on the laptop? im pretty sure that the laptop can with stand HD vids

They made a valkyria chronicles anime? Thats awesome, i absolutly love that game. Is it supposed to be any good?
yes they did make one, i liked the demo of it when i played it on love's ps3, if i had my own ps3 i would deffently buy valkyria chronicles. i already watched the first episode and i liked it. too bad that its only gonna be 13 episodes long, other then that i like it

Top Bottom