• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Se'kou - I was asking myself the same question earlier. 1221 means that team 1 gets 1st and 4th PICK of slot, not slot number. So Team 2, can pick 2 of the 3 remaining slots, and thus pick the slot of the other team1 player by process of elimination.

I was going to tell you this but forgot :(

PortCity

Smash Ace
Se'kou - I was asking myself the same question earlier. 1221 means that team 1 gets 1st and 4th PICK of slot, not slot number. So Team 2, can pick 2 of the 3 remaining slots, and thus pick the slot of the other team1 player by process of elimination.

I was going to tell you this but forgot :(
That is fair, but I could have sworn when we decide ports after paper/sci/rock the team chooses if they want first and forth or 2nd and 3rd. Oh, well since you enlightened me, I have nothing more to say on that issue. ...in other news :) ... I need a new controller :-\ mine broke, and it is less than a year old :-\

xfacta

Smash Cadet
so i was thinking about the MK thing at work today and had like a whole page of things i wanted to say but long story short, there are ppl who will switch to MK just b/c they feel its all they can use against other MK's and then there are ppl who refuse to play MK. i think those ppl who refuse to play MK will eventually not be into doin tournys ne more. im not into singles anyway, but i would hate to know i have to beat everyones MK with my lower tier char. the ppl who just cp MK are beatable but eventually they will put more time into him and become a good MK and then it gets even more difficult to beat them. heh long story short

animeblitzballa33

Smash Ace
I speak for me and Zash both, we will NEVER use mk. And as long as either of us have money we will always be in the tourny scene. I aint scured.

Plus when i hack nintendo, all mks will be replaced by pooh.

AsianFlava_Tyser

Smash Journeyman
tell me if i'm missing some, but melee is a pretty balanced game, so deep there are ways around everything, brawl hasn't hit that point.

brawl bores me bcuz the technical aspect of the game doesn't exist, and doesn't seperate the noobs who are smart from the pros who have tech skill + smart unless your name is m2k.
To be honest, Melee is only balanced if you main a high/top tier character. People who play middle or lower are just people who want to be good at the game and try to defy the odds or want to be different. The technical aspect and the mindgames are what makes this game so complete though. Newbs will say that youre using glitches and shit even though in Brawl there are a ton more stupider shit (grab release kills, too many infinites, etc.). I dunno, I just like Melee too much maybe. Brawl requires less thought so I dont like it basically.

In Brawl all you gotta do is understand the mechanics and youre all set. You cant play ANY character you want and place well unless youre fighting nubs or something. Counter picks are so crazy its not even right. I agree with everything Yulai had to say about it. Also, the lack of tech skill makes it a very boring game in general. All the "advanced techs" only take minutes to learn perfectly and that's kinda weak. This game is only fun if youre in a good environment (like at Joker's) and if you take the game not so seriously (because there is nothing to be serious about).

Thought Id put even more of my cents on the subject since JBM brought it up.
Im not hating on Brawl, just stating why I dun like it which I dont think Ive ever posted before O.O
I guess Ill stop hating on Brawl a little less from here on out :'(

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Zicore the reason I expected to get pummeled is that on most occasions I do indeed get pummeled. If we look at last Thursday that is the perfect example. We were playing some friendlies getting ready for the tournament and I won the first two, I was like wow I'm doing well. Then I proceeded to lose the next like 6 and even be 2 stocked prolly 2 of those matches. When Joker is on I rarely beat him. I was on at Oshkosh and he wasn't that is why I was able to overcome him. And he didn't play snake his in our second round he played marth....

Sekou I personally don't care how ports are divided, I just will fight for forth and if not forth then third....

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
I think that the next 2 ep of bleach is going to be fillers, which greatly depresses me since it just got so dang epic.
that makes me a sad panda

as a lucario player. I want my teammate to have 4th. for my f-smash, d-smash, u-smash, d-air, forward b, and maybe an aura ball or two.

Kit Cal-N

Smash Ace
Player 1 is at a disadvantage unless you you get you grab at the same frame. Not a big deal at all.
Players 2&3 get to **** with him but not 4, and only player 4 can pseudo-SA on the other team. It's fair in that only one player gets an advantage on team 1, and both players on team 2 get an advantage on the other.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well i think controller ports are freaking ********, i think all players should have the exact same advantages/disadvantages, who the hell thought of "hey if we grab them and get Fsmashed its ok cuz i get SA" its ********, no matter what the ports, both players should be taking the damage.

also, overswarm is a scrub, razor is better than him.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Joker - What are your thoughts on planking?
Personally, I think is a bitch move >o<
But yeah planking is really ********, M2K said, It was good in Melee, and on Brawl is broken, point being, in most tourney they tend to banned it, I was thinking of banning it on my, but then again is one of those things, that when it happens, one of the players will have to call the TO.

Another rule that I was thinking of using, is the one that Dedede can't do a standing CG, only a moving one, but again I just need to look at the rules more and see what people prefer, to make the tourneys more fun.

I speak for me and Zash both, we will NEVER use mk. And as long as either of us have money we will always be in the tourny scene. I aint scured.
Yeah, same here, however your right Luger, some people will quit the game cause of MK, but some will stick with it, I know I will, as long as Snake is in it, I'll keep on playing >w<

Joker, just making sure that it is ok if me and Zash stay friday and saturday of next week for the good ol' monthly.
Sure mang, you know your guys are always welcome :3

And by the way Tacoom I got Platium, and I'm going to start playing Pokemon again, thaks Love.

I'm also thinking of a new team like:

Vespiquen
Blastoise/Bellossom
Gardevoir
Pidgeot/Nidoqueen
Mawile
Mismagius

And maybe change Blastoise with Bellossom and Pidgeot with Nidoqueen, since I always wanted to make an all female team, specially when they look like they should be females, like Gardevoier or Nidoqueen o(>.0)o

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
I likin the Mawile on that team. =3

Also, BlazBlue is at Whobo. ;_;

What is 2vs2 ISP?

Edit: Figured it out, Item Standard Play.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
YO everybody its been awhile since ive been on here..O_O..but yea all this talk about MK is like ??? to me b/c i can almost beat razor at some points and i took out two MK's from the tourny so i think i do fairly well against MK....but yea the only MK i lose to is razor's only no one elses...^_^

oh yea i probably wont be able to play games for a while just b/c of tennis now...unless someone is willing to pick me up like at 6 kudo...;);) lol j/k

but yea gotta to go back doing some school work...-_-

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Ames what time is it cool if we show up today? I think the plan of action is Joker is coming with me and then Schism will show up after he is off work to take him home after awhile. Text me the answer to this question.

CBK lets not forget about a certain tournament three-stockage....heh jk.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Joker, just making sure that it is ok if me and Zash stay friday and saturday of next week for the good ol' monthly.
i might stay over at his house next friday before the tourney so i wont show up late like i usually do. u guys might have some company over there next week

And by the way Tacoom I got Platium, and I'm going to start playing Pokemon again, thaks Love.

I'm also thinking of a new team like:

Vespiquen
Blastoise/Bellossom
Gardevoir
Pidgeot/Nidoqueen
Mawile
Mismagius

And maybe change Blastoise with Bellossom and Pidgeot with Nidoqueen, since I always wanted to make an all female team, specially when they look like they should be females, like Gardevoier or Nidoqueen o(>.0)o
awesome, platium is out an i get to play pokemon again for another 50+ hours!!! now all i have to do now is download it (^^;)

YO everybody its been awhile since ive been on here..O_O..but yea all this talk about MK is like ??? to me b/c i can almost beat razor at some points and i took out two MK's from the tourny so i think i do fairly well against MK....but yea the only MK i lose to is razor's only no one elses...^_^

oh yea i probably wont be able to play games for a while just b/c of tennis now...unless someone is willing to pick me up like at 6 kudo...;);) lol j/k

but yea gotta to go back doing some school work...-_-
well if your serious i can take u if u want, that is if i dont have a track meet or something, cause i get done with track practices at like 5:00-5:30 every day and i dont get back like super late if i have a track meet. so if u seriuosly want a ride, just give me a holler

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
Ames what time is it cool if we show up today? I think the plan of action is Joker is coming with me and then Schism will show up after he is off work to take him home after awhile. Text me the answer to this question.

CBK lets not forget about a certain tournament three-stockage....heh jk.
LOL oh yea =( will see what happens next time...^_^

well if your serious i can take u if u want, that is if i dont have a track meet or something, cause i get done with track practices at like 5:00-5:30 every day and i dont get back like super late if i have a track meet. so if u seriuosly want a ride, just give me a holler

wait so are you willing to go to ames for games???

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
well not today cause i have to go to Johnston for a track meet today, so i cant play games today. if i didnt have a track meet i could of consider going there, but i wont get home till 10ish today. other than today im pretty good this weekend

PortCity

Smash Ace
7:30 on the dot will be good for today. If you guys have an extra TV we can hook it up also.

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
well not today cause i have to go to Johnston for a track meet today, so i cant play games today. if i didnt have a track meet i could of consider going there, but i wont get home till 10ish today. other than today im pretty good this weekend
oh okay i guess that sounds good..good luck at ur meet..^_^

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
If you don't have homebrew installed yet. DO NOT INSTALL THE NEW UPDATE! It removes the twilight hack completely.

It seems that if you have the hack installed already you can update and still be fine.

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
sound fun, its just we need to get back the night of and it would be good to know an approximate ending time. im not sure if KC is bringing enough for a crew battle though :(

sluys

Smash Journeyman
sound fun, its just we need to get back the night of and it would be good to know an approximate ending time. im not sure if KC is bringing enough for a crew battle though :(
We get done in good time when we have plenty of setups and few side tourneys.

Since NE isn't coming are we doing melee? I vote no for the sake of brawl going faster but I'm not sure how many would be upset by this.

I'll stop being lazy and bring a setup and hopefully everyone else who can does too.

EBF

Smash Cadet
OMG, my other account got beasted.
It was banned but not banned.
Every time I posted only I can see it.
I was wondering why I was being ignored.
Anyways, sup . . . .

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Anything going on this weekend?

Also still need to record the rest of my stuff, but yeah the Ivysuar vid is coming along well lol.

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
Kudou, that would great since i only saw ya for a few hours, and a couple of them were in a room packed with sweaty dudes.
Woooo! Kudou company ftw!
alright, next friday in gonna be rockin (^^;)

OMG, my other account got beasted.
It was banned but not banned.
Every time I posted only I can see it.
I was wondering why I was being ignored.
Anyways, sup . . . .
no wonder i havent seen any of ur posts for awhile. thats pretty low, even for SWF

Anything going on this weekend?

Also still need to record the rest of my stuff, but yeah the Ivysuar vid is coming along well lol.
there might be games somewhere, but i dont really kno where. all i kno is that u should probably remember to bring ur SD card so if i show up there also, u can use my SD card reader on my laptop, that is if u still need to use it

Top Bottom