• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
hey joker or bone, i just downloaded Pokemon Platinum and i wanted to kno which of the starting pokemon is the best in the long run. i dont want to just wing it like i did in pearl and beat in 40+ hours and be done with the game

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
i prefer the grass type. it can learn curse, then physical moves like crunch, eearthquake, and wood hammer. really devastating. the water type will become a water steel type, which resist so many things. top that with a good sp attack and moves like surf, ice beam, flash cannon, etc is really devastating. that is probably the best choice for story mode. the fire type is a really good glass canon, being very fast with a high attack, with moves like close combat and flare blitz, it will dish out heavy damage. it will also suffer from damage a lot more then the others.

TL:DR
recomend prinplup

Proficient (CBK)

Smash Journeyman
yea i dont think ill be entering doubles this tourny maybe only singles just b/c i dont have enough money...sorry blank...but BC will show up later on that tourny day after he gets out of work..but yea gunna hit the hay...^_^ oh and stealth we still need to do that ditto.;);)

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Yeah piplup is best for story. Your first gym leader is rock so it may be hard for chimchar and piplup shoudl take him easily and then he learns peck which is good as the second gym leader is grass. Chimchar is good towards the end with the steel and ice gym leaders.

I chose turtwig.

Uli

Smash Champion
oh gawrsh i just started platinum too, they are all soo CUUUTTEEE, which one do i pick!!!
turtwig GOOOOOO
the intro seems different from what i remember

zyklon

Smash Cadet
trying to pick up ICs, but ****. :ohwell:

ICs?! Lol I just happened to have picked them up recently, and have thusfar been able to do every version of the chaigrabs that I have seen with at least moderate success. Too bad I can't be at the next monthly or we could do sweet ic dittos or things. Maybe Kahoka?

Anyways, I totally just wanted to say that although Iowa is sweet, I think Zash is my fave since he plays sheik like an uber bamf. Wanted to finally get to play you but it looks like it will have to wait.... I'll just assume you're coming to Kahoka and we'll totally do it there.

Sorry to the rest of you guys b t there's just something holding you back ( being metaknight, constantly beating me, having a 100% cg on falco[which I can do btw cbk if you haven't quite got the timing down on], etc)

Totally kidding Iowa, you guys are probably the coolest state out there except for mo of course... waaaay better than wisconsin.

Proficient (-BC-)

Smash Ace
Anything going on this weekend?
Friday night play some games at Jokers?

are you having trouble with the buffered cgs CBK? if so i can help you at the tourney.

btw does anyone else see like 5 more pages to this thread then you can go to?
Yes hes having trouble and would like help. I speak for him too ;)

Also, i believe we're all seeing more pages on this thread because Tyser's account was banned but he kept posting when none of us can see it anyways... So his posts are there, it's just we cant see it and there are now extra pages.

PS: Is anyone up for games tomorrow night? (friday night) CBK and I may go to Jokers if its alright with him and if there is some interest...

-BC-

gantrain05

Smash Master
so i decided im gonna pick marth up as a secondary for my peach, i really don't know why, it just seems like a solid backup, at least for warios/olimars but u know me, i'll probably still bust out fox/olimar/dk along with them like i always do.

but just wondering, if anyone here plays a competent marth that i could maybe train with? i know joker is thinkin about pickin him up as a secondary so i might have to train with u joker.

h4rdcor3

Smash Journeyman
but just wondering, if anyone here plays a competent marth that i could maybe train with? i know joker is thinkin about pickin him up as a secondary so i might have to train with u joker.
Andy know how to play him, but still doesn't know HOW to play him. Mainly lack of use at the moment.

But you do realize that Marth is at the bottom of the man tier right?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rwEHUPkJ7lE

Bonehimer

Smash Journeyman
Out of all the Iowa folk I would say CaptainLove has the best marth. One of the few people I see that constantly spikes joker.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well, then i'll have to train with love then! i never thought i'd say that, i coulda swore love was a melee guy o.O, but yeah i think i remember love playing some marth and wolf i think and he wasn't lookin too shabby.

§chizm

Smash Lord
Yeah I'll probably be up for games later today if anyone else is.
I'll probably need a partner for doubles for the tourney as well.

Also games were too good earlier, Diddy threesomes are the REALEST.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
My Marth isn't too bad either Jlo, I'm sure theres something I can offer lol.

And yeah Stealth Raptor, since CBK isn't entering doubles I'm free for another Kirby-Pika team-up.

In singles I'm hoping for Diddy and Snake to be of use though. So if theres games going on today I really want to try them out.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
I always pick the water type, but switch them out later, cause they are no Blastoise, but I just started the game, and my team is Piplup, Ralts, Charmander, Dratini, pidgey, and combee.

Out of all the Iowa folk I would say CaptainLove has the best marth. One of the few people I see that constantly spikes joker.
Love's Marth is King Spike, even yesterday at Sekku's he was Spiking, every char I picked, but I'm loving that Marth Love >.0

Also Blank if you do come today, do you have a Triwing(did I spell it right?) so that I can open my Wii, I figure you open yours once, you should have the tools for it, maybe, other wise, those anyone have some I can borrow, to fix my Wii, actually so Skizm can fix my Wii XP

And this just cause I love this song ;3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8-BZ8t3ipY&feature=channel_page

Jakebudden

Smash Ace
Jlo if you pick up Marth and I am never going to play anything against you except Metaknight for the rest of time.

And all of NE is coming now? <Happiness>

Kudou-kun

Smash Lord
oh gawrsh i just started platinum too, they are all soo CUUUTTEEE, which one do i pick!!!
turtwig GOOOOOO
the intro seems different from what i remember
yeah i notice that also, the intro where u start and such is way diff than D/P, but oh well. i picked piplup cause i want my wall char earily. too bad for no broken Blastoise and his i can be whatever i want excluding speed (^^;)

so i decided im gonna pick marth up as a secondary for my peach, i really don't know why, it just seems like a solid backup, at least for warios/olimars but u know me, i'll probably still bust out fox/olimar/dk along with them like i always do.

i would say that Love would have one of the best marth out of our iowa crew. i mean everybody knows how to play him cuase he's pretty easy to learn but i think that Love plays him the best

well, then i'll have to train with love then! i never thought i'd say that, i coulda swore love was a melee guy o.O, but yeah i think i remember love playing some marth and wolf i think and he wasn't lookin too shabby.
did me pick up wolf? i didnt kno that, but i think he plays both games now or something

I always pick the water type, but switch them out later, cause they are no Blastoise, but I just started the game, and my team is Piplup, Ralts, Charmander, Dratini, pidgey, and combee.

Also Blank if you do come today, do you have a Triwing(did I spell it right?) so that I can open my Wii, I figure you open yours once, you should have the tools for it, maybe, other wise, those anyone have some I can borrow, to fix my Wii, actually so Skizm can fix my Wii XP
how did u get some of those old school pokemon? did u trasfer them from somewhere or are they a new feature and in the wild now? i just started and i have a lvl 12 piplup, lvl 9 starly, and a lvl 6 shinx. i just started playing last night for an hour or so.

on another note, i might have what ur looking for joker. the tri wing screw driver to open up ur wii is what i think that ur refering to. im pretty sure that i have something like a kit in my dad's tool box with like muitple things and stuff.

gantrain05

Smash Master
Jlo if you pick up Marth and I am never going to play anything against you except Metaknight for the rest of time.

And all of NE is coming now? <Happiness>
well then im sorry that you have to resort to that, don't be a crybaby just cuz i want to learn marth.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Unfortunately I don't have that screwdriver. It kind of got lost in the move to Des Moines so I can't find it Joker.

I'll show up in about 1-2 hours probably. I'll bring my setup if its needed. I don't think I'll be recording more stuff until next weekend though since thats when Kudou's coming. Btw is it alright if I stay over the weekend of the tourney also Joker?

sluys

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Skizm I'm having fun with Diddy. It's really funny for me to play Se'kou's Wario. He plays a diddy style wario and I play a wario style diddy.

FrozenFire13

Smash Ace
Anyways, I totally just wanted to say that although Iowa is sweet, I think Zash is my fave since he plays sheik like an uber bamf. Wanted to finally get to play you but it looks like it will have to wait.... I'll just assume you're coming to Kahoka and we'll totally do it there.

Totally kidding Iowa, you guys are probably the coolest state out there except for mo of course... waaaay better than wisconsin.
Awww Zyklon, you give me teh warm fuzzies. And yeah, we for sure will play at Kahoka. I'm lookin forward to seein you missouri guys again.

So Nebraska IS coming now? Or did I misunderstand something?

Top Bottom