• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

Cook

Smash Master
I honestly don't understand why Japes is banned. The klaptrap is on a timer, so it's pretty easy to avoid. And it's a strong CP that actually doesn't benefit MK.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Cook: I'm gonna channel Bpx for this one-----------> "I super agree with you. Heck Falco single handedly got that stage banned, but they couldn't ban stages for MK? WTFHAX!"

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I agree with everything Joker said other than Sky World.

Pirate Ship is going to be legal for doubles in Nebraska for certain.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Let's do it today Team NG!!! Sek'ou, if you're bored around 5, you should come out and check out the Marvel Tournament at Pixels if its still going.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Greg: I stopped by, but I missed everyone. Ya'll were gone by 5:50ish. How did Team Nerd/Nintendo Gamer do? Did you guys sweep the tourney?

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I got 5th and 4th in Marvel and KOF respectively. Joker took Marvel FRAY. Greg got **** gamed and had to play Joker and Blank. Should of said he was playing a teammate in the first round.

Soran

Smash Ace
I'm scheduled for work next week / :,

when is the fighting game tourney for next month?
might I be able to get a ride with you ngamer? I asked you about the 4th a while ago... but it's fine. I suck at Barwls anyway.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@NGamer: Huh, you live in Des Moines now???? How long have you been there? So much for eastern iowa getting a ride :-\

Soran

Smash Ace
O.O........ ._.

>.>.....

<.<....

>.<`'

T~T`'

*runs away*

@PCity, so much for 'ME' getting a ride... since I am the only person now; really / :,

It's not a problem though. I should already have my license. So it's my problem.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I honestly don't want to enter anymore tournaments if that keeps happening. I get very unlucky with my bracket. Its like saying, "Hey, here's my money for a game I can play for free with people I know."

Kamig

Smash Apprentice
ggs to everyone from here I played at Pixels on saturday.

Thanks for letting me stay the night at your place on friday Joker.

I've started uploading the vids to my youtube account. If anybody knows what the player's names that are just question marks, please let me know and I'll edit the vid title.

Here's the first match I recorded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKbrsdC7gXA

Joker do you know who it was? I want to say it was Justin.

PortCity

Smash Ace
For everyone who cant get rides from Iowa City to DSM just get a megabus to DSM its pretty cheap only like $14. thats if you really want to go....just saying.
@CBK: Nice suggestion

@Debo: YEah, we gonna try to play tomorrow. I got a homework assignment i have to do, but i'm gonna fight it hard.

@Soran: See CBK's Post

@Remy: You need to contact or wait till the Omaha people start chatting about it. They will know best.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
what time is melee at? also who is coming for it? i am probably interested to come from MN
funny you should ask. JBM and myself should be there, I assume Tyser is going too but I haven't asked. idk about anyone else but we were kinda waiting on hearing from the other areas and if they are coming.

I would be going regardless, and I bet JBM would too if he could convince Joker to play UMVC.

Edit: Also @Captain Love and other MMX fans-idk if you've heard of them, but the X-Hunters have the best mega man X album ever.

Soran

Smash Ace
@Soran: See CBK's Post
I saw it. I'm from CRapids. The fair would probably be higher. I usually like going because I'm getting a ride from Blake. I enjoy his company. 2-3 hours is too much time to spend with people you don't know / rather not know. (I rode the gray hound from LA to Sacremento and it was not a fun experience) I'd rather give him $20 than some bus...

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@Greg: I stopped by, but I missed everyone. Ya'll were gone by 5:50ish.
Yeah tourney ended really early and actually we where outside till about that time so I think we just miss each other but we where just down the block eating ^.^

I honestly don't want to enter anymore tournaments if that keeps happening. I get very unlucky with my bracket. Its like saying, "Hey, here's my money for a game I can play for free with people I know."
In all fairness I think the only ones you have gone to are the Omaha's and Pixels and they tend to be small so is to be expected however what happen at Pixels it wasn't right and if anything my one advice will be to check the bracket before it starts and asked to be moved if you play one of us (Ngamer, Blank, Joker) most TOs will move you at least so that you won't have to play till 2nd round, played someone else or just put them on opposite sides of the bracket I have done that multiple time in Smash and just recently at my Fighting game tourney so yeah man Pixels it was a small tourney and it was run bad I mean Bou(idk how to spell his name T.T) wasn't added to Marvel and Kevin in KOF don't let what happen here discourage you.

Here's the first match I recorded: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKbrsdC7gXA

Joker do you know who it was? I want to say it was Justin.
Awesome thanks and yeah it was Justin.

what time is melee at? also who is coming for it? i am probably interested to come from MN
There's no real time for it but if anything around the same time the tourney starts but Omaha people are the ones who I usually let them run it also the interest for it tends to be small unless is like a $1 for it >.<

I would be going regardless, and I bet JBM would too if he could convince Joker to play UMVC.
He won't even have to try to make me play Marvel XD

JJROCKETS

Smash Journeyman
NNID
JJROCKETS
3DS FC
5129-2280-4196
If I got a Megabus Friday night could anyone pick me up from the bus stop and house me that night and then bring me back to where the bus leaves Saturday night?

The bus stop is at Walnut St. & 4th St.

Thanks

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
If I got a Megabus Friday night could anyone pick me up from the bus stop and house me that night and then bring me back to where the bus leaves Saturday night?

The bus stop is at Walnut St. & 4th St.

Thanks
Well I can house you but I don't drive >.< and what time on Saturday will you have to take the bus cause tourney could run late o.0

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Anyone coming over for games
You should know by now I don't have a way to go to Ames o.0 so instead I just being playing Smash with Ngamer ^.^

I think Joker+others are going to MSK friday night so I'm not sure when they'd be back.
Oh $hit good call skizm I forgot about it XP JJRockets I won't be able to house you cause I forgot I was going to that too not sure what time on Friday night we coming back but if you still want to come I could tell my brother you coming to stay over o.0

PortCity

Smash Ace
@This Weekend: So umm yeah, lol...seems like there are gonna be a TON of people at this tourney. I guess getting back into brawl was the midwest's new years resolution. Seems like there are gonna be 2 cars worth of people coming from MO and MN. We bout to get our money and pride taken...but on a high note...at least IA will see a bunch of people we haven't seen in a while. :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
@NGAMER: You are right, I'm surprised that turnout looks to be so high. Not much Brawl action has been happening here...even though we are starting to get our acts together over here in Ames...but overall it has been relatively quiet. Thursday nights would regularly have 8 people show up to play Brawl. Those days are over...ish. Pretty much this tourney looks to be like a family reunion of some sort. :)

Edit:

@WHOBO 4: Well it looks like I'll be participating in my first national. 2 vs 2 starts Saturday Aug 4th after sunset and goes into Sunday. Looks like I'm going to be Houston bound that weekend. I sure hope my lame little brother decides to practice and get good :-P...

Top Bottom