• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
I don't understand Smashers.... Like overall, shouldn't a player of any game they play except the unexpected? Doesn't that define their development as a gamer if they can adapt to rule change when told about it in advance? It may break consistency, but shouldn't people get use to the changes? I guess if it really came down to it, wouldn't a poll be best to decide it?

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
The consistency stems from you shouldn't change the rules mid circuit.
When I was part of the circuit I used Green Greens even though I was told not too still no one picked it but I did XP

Well first off I didn't even know they where part of a circuit o.0
Second in the rules it says:

~Rules~
While we will try to uphold a consistent rule-set throughout the circuit, it is to the TO’s discretion on which rules apply to the event. However, each event will be required to follow the Unity Stage-list. It is encouraged that the unity rule-set is adopted at each event, but not required.
So I like this cause even though you are restricted to stages you're still allowed to eithere ban MK or not which is what started this plus stages aren't a big deal everyone either goes to Smashville or Battlefield >.<

On a different note I'm going to add this song to Rainbow Cruise XD
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MX0D4oZwCsA&feature=sh_e_se&list=SL

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Also, that is going to be a part of the KS/IA/MO circuit, right?
I...wasn't planning on it being a part of it, actually. I just wanted to host one last tournament for Iowa because I love everyone here. Joker knows!

Sorry this turned into a huge "omg MK y" thing...

EDIT: @Breezy: Whoa now, is that for Joker's fighting game tournament or for mine? Either way that's super cool of MN to come down.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Do whatever you want for your own tournament. If you're going to take the effort to hold something, there shouldn't be a reason for us to not go.

Cook

Smash Master
Lol, ok. Did we play last time we were both there? I only remember playing quite some time ago when you SDed almost immediately on the 3rd match. Is that what you're salty about, or have we played since then? Either way, that set was a shame, lol.

Breezy

Smash Ace
Haha, yeah I was referring to that set. And i'm going strictly ganon for a while, so I think you'll probably want to go oli regardless.

:phone:

Cook

Smash Master
Haha, yeah I was referring to that set. And i'm going strictly ganon for a while, so I think you'll probably want to go oli regardless.

:phone:
...you want to pay me to play Ganon vs. Olimar/MK/DDD?

Mission accepted.

Good thing I don't play ICs!

Soran

Smash Ace
I like Melee rules.. I think...

because there are few stages(?) I hate stages...

aren't there only 6 melee stages? and if they're the 6 I think, I love those stages.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
So the only thing I'm worried about this weekend is that my breaker(I think that's what's call) may not be able to handle running multiple 360/PS3s since they use more power then Wiis T.T

@Blank: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fzoz...UCGXQYbcTJ33YDfUrupBsAso4MNsRucX7flgZUOTGrmCM
Lol. If I was still in highschool I'd wear Pony shirts to it. ^_^

Also I'm mostly worried about the weather. Nebraska is no longer coming either.

Will I see Sam there for Melty? I'm sorry dude, my graphics card came in like 3 days ago!

lvl 1

Smash Rookie
Hope y'all'er ready for some zelda double trouble on the fourth! We're bringing the pain!

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Did I leave my stick at your house Christian?

Also fun tourney. Looking forward to more of these. Tell me if you make a results thread.

Edit: I forgot I need my usb cable from you also.

pbj_mixxa

Smash Rookie
MB kiddies: You got questions, or just want to play me at 50fps in delay 4+, I sometimes idle on irc (irc.mizuumi.net, #mbaa, ign: puffballa).

Joker: Thanks again for letting me crash, as usual.

Blank: Get joker a copy.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Sure thing.

Just let me on that computer and I'll download you a copy of Melty Blood right away Joker.

Oh you meant that other poverty game...

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Joker here's the glasses off combo as outlined by the guide if you wish to know.

cr. L, M, H xx QCF L xx L teleport > OTG gun > cr. H xx QCF L xx L teleport > OTG gun > cr. M, H, S xx sjc > air M, M, H, S > land > OTG gun

Partial results:

Marvel

1. Joker (Task/Trish/Wesker) (Vergil/Task/Wesker)
2. Joe (Zero/Wolvie/Sentinel) (Wesker/Vergil/Frank)
3. NGamer3k (Wesker/Storm/Chun)

AE

1. NGamer3k (Sakura)
2. cities (Guile)
3. Grog (Honda)

KOF (RR)

1. BlankM (3-0) (K'/EX Kyo/Kula)
2. Top Hat (2-1)
3. Grog (1-2)
4. NGamer3k (0-3)

Top Bottom