• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Iowa-Joker's Monthly"WHY SO SERIOUS?"#28 Nov 22th

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Blank: Wow good observation...no clue. Bots?!?! Spies?

@joker: With all due respect Joker...you have quit Brawl. At your last tourney, you didn't play Brawl....you played MVC3. The turnout was low, but that said, you still didn't play...at least during the time I was there 5 pm-12 am ish. Also, the week OF the tourney, that Monday, QRS and I came to your house. You played MVC3 nearly the entire time and played about 5 matches total with us right before we left. :) I hear you when you say you haven't quit, but it sure seems like it.

@Movement: I know you don't believe in those techniques. However, that "maybe for a hit or two" is all Snake needs. He hits everyone hard...but to each his own :)

@Spring 2012: I look forward to this semester school and Brawl wise. I played with Mara and after playing DDD for so long, my Diddy actually has better fundamentals. I tech chase, tech, buffer better all across the board. DDD was the best thing to ever happen to me...Brawl wise :)

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Joker: Let me add, I'm not ragging on you. There is nothing wrong with quitting Brawl. UMVC3 is newer and Brawl has been out for years. Playing the same thing can be boring. I was just pointing out that from a competitive standpoint, you aren't interested in Brawl like that.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
@joker: With all due respect Joker...you have quit Brawl. At your last tourney, you didn't play Brawl....you played MVC3. The turnout was low, but that said, you still didn't play...at least during the time I was there 5 pm-12 am ish. Also, the week OF the tourney, that Monday, QRS and I came to your house. You played MVC3 nearly the entire time and played about 5 matches total with us right before we left. :) I hear you when you say you haven't quit, but it sure seems like it.
Well if you talking about the one in December I won't even consider that one a tourney I knew people weren't going to show up cause it has happen in the past actually every year I tried to have a tourney on November or December either no one shows up is just Iowa.
So with that Ngamer and QRS showed up that day and seeing as I never really play them in Marvel I wanted to spend my entire day playing them except for like a couple of matches where I played Mexi in Smash.
But besides that I should have played with you guys that Monday but I think I was on the taught of that no one was going to show for it however really the only thing I want to practice before a tourney is teaming with you since really that's the only time we ever practice a week before it >.0

@Movement: I know you don't believe in those techniques. However, that "maybe for a hit or two" is all Snake needs. He hits everyone hard...but to each his own :)
True true but sometimes just keeping it basic can make up for that hit.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
@Conspiracy*: Well you are in luck. We have some decent new school players here. They will probably give you a run for your money. I'm decent, but I only really have 2 or 3 characters I can play; a huge penguin, a primate, and a fat guy that rides a motorcycle.
Apparently I play with the (arguably) weakest character in the game, and I play with the nunchuck to make matters worse! All the techy stuff on this site is foreign to me...I dont even have a C-Stick to DI with lol.

PortCity

Smash Ace
@Conspiracy*: Hahaha....good luck.

@NGamer: Yeah it would be funny if this is another Tyser clone.

@Melee: Watching this stream makes hopeful that one day I could get back into melee without a hitch. As bad as I am at tech skill, my edge game would wreck in melee based on game mechanics. I'm starting to see a lot of players on the stream (particularly foreign players) that focus on "basic" tech skill (crouch cancel, wavedash, plaform wavedashing, reverse b, waveshining) and they are REALLY focusing a GRIP on fundamentals (tech chasing, grab combos) etc....Hell even I can do that.

@Tyser: Next time you come in, let's spend a bit of time with you catching me up with the metagame in melee. Particularly, Samus, Fox and Peach.

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
Not sure if talking about alcohol or Smash, but I can do either tonight. Otherwise I'm just watching FF/Apex.
haha ya I could have been more specific. I was talking about ssbb. I am about to make dinner but after I put the kids to bed if you're game we could get it in.

Done with dinner. Free for smash.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
Hey Christian, I check the status on the order of the convertor and it says it won't get here till next week or 2 weeks.... T_T Sorry you won't have it for this weekend and I heard its all XBox that will be there.

Uli

Smash Champion
BTW would you guys want there to be a brawl tourny? If so i would need people to bring set ups etc
let me know i guess

Conspiracy*

Smash Cadet
When is the next tourney? I am intestested in just getting out there and seeing what the community looks like. I've never been in a tourney before but I'd enter a brawl tourney just to say I played in one and to gauge everyone's skill.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Hey Christian, I check the status on the order of the convertor and it says it won't get here till next week or 2 weeks.... T_T Sorry you won't have it for this weekend and I heard its all XBox that will be there.
sad day but if it gets here preferably before my tourney then kool otherwise before Pixels >.<

BTW would you guys want there to be a brawl tourny? If so i would need people to bring set ups etc
let me know i guess
I'll like there to be one if possible I was bringing my Wii for it so yeah ^.^

When is the next tourney?
February 4th

OP says next tourney is on my birthday!
Coincidence I think not >.0

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
Yeah the same rules, but just one game obviously and not a set until grand finals. It's TEAMS sir, get this doubles **** outta here.

Just got to decide on style: Pokemon style = 1 teammate sits down and keeps playing until he/she loses

Waseda style = SBO format: Team 1 Player A vs Team 2 Player A, then Team 1 Player B vs Team 2 Player B. If a person from each team wins, then they play each other.

Joker490Frozen

Smash Champion
Yeah the same rules, but just one game obviously and not a set until grand finals. It's TEAMS sir, get this doubles **** outta here.

Just got to decide on style: Pokemon style = 1 teammate sits down and keeps playing until he/she loses

Waseda style = SBO format: Team 1 Player A vs Team 2 Player A, then Team 1 Player B vs Team 2 Player B. If a person from each team wins, then they play each other.
I apologize about that don't know why I called it that I blame it on Smashboards >.<

But yeah I knew there where two play styles which I don't think it really matters however doing Waseda style both players get to participate so which one do you guys recommend >.0

We need to get this ride situation taken care of before Friday.
Well from what I have gather the people going in your car is me, Blank, Ngamer and CBK.
Skizm can't go on Friday so he's going to drive himself Saturday also I'm assuming Blank and me will be bringing or systems(PS3 and Wii).

ngamer3k

Smash Ace
I've always been partial to waseda style because the JAPENEZE DOZ IT so it must be good, and like you said both people get to play no matter what. ON THE OTHER HAND, even though the format isn't confusing at all, it does confuse the crap out of the stupids. For simplicity sake I say just go with pokemon style.

Top Bottom